• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee vs Crossett

Started by Iron Owl, September 13, 2014, 07:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Owl

Lets get on it...Is Crossett for real, or is Fordyce that much down this year?

Proud Buckaroo

Fordyce is obviously down. Get beat by Crossett. Lose to a team that got over whelmed by JC. What I seen of crossett at the Smackover vs crossett scrimmage. They have a decent defense. But they only looked decent because of how our line played. We beat them 27-8. They had a hard time defending the run game.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2014, 07:41:48 pm
Fordyce is obviously down. Get beat by Crossett. Lose to a team that got over whelmed by JC. What I seen of crossett at the Smackover vs crossett scrimmage. They have a decent defense. But they only looked decent because of how our line played. We beat them 27-8. They had a hard time defending the run game.
So let me get this straight, as of Thursday, Fordyce was ranked at or near the top ten of the 3A in several polls and now they're junk? K. It's not possible Crossett is improving?

Iron Owl

I said in the preseason that everyone had Fordyce ranked too high, with everyone that they lost.  Having said that, I am not taking anything away from Crossett.  Beating Fordyce like that took talent, and I promise you that the Owls will not be over looking Crossett.  I am looking forward to seeing what they have.  I like battles!  I am also curious to see how Crossett dominated Fordyce in the first half. 

Iron Owl

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 13, 2014, 07:58:04 pm
So let me get this straight, as of Thursday, Fordyce was ranked at or near the top ten of the 3A in several polls and now they're junk? K. It's not possible Crossett is improving?
EG, I am not familiar with what Crossett does....what do they run?  Crossett has to have speed...I don't think there has been a more successful track program in the state than what Crossett use to have....

Eddie Goodson

September 13, 2014, 09:35:31 pm #5 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:37:07 pm by Eddie Goodson
Quote from: Iron Owl on September 13, 2014, 09:29:53 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 13, 2014, 07:58:04 pm
EG, I am not familiar with what Crossett does....what do they run?  Crossett has to have speed...I don't think there has been a more successful track program in the state than what Crossett use to have....
They won with several big plays last night. One was a 100 yard int return for a td.

They run a version of the Oregon HUNH. Goal is to run a play every 11 seconds.

green-eagle

Crossett's defense has vastly improved over the defense that played Magnolia.. As you know, a team improves the most between the first and second game. And we improved, which says a lot for Crossett...

Crossett made some mistake on special teams which appear to be one of Crossett's weakness

But Crossett defense has improved. The offensive line has also improved over week one... We not quite their yet, but lets see what week third offers.

Eaglemaniac

What Smackover saw defensively does not compare to what Magnolia and Fordyce saw. The Eagle offense showed vast improvement from week 1 to week 2. Fordyce is not what they have been in recent years, however, they are not a bad team.  McGehee will be a good test for Crossett. I expect a hard fought game. How many players do the Owls have out this year?

BUCK FEVER

Mcgehee by 20 plus......starters will rest most the second half.

Iron Owl

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on September 14, 2014, 09:06:15 pm
What Smackover saw defensively does not compare to what Magnolia and Fordyce saw. The Eagle offense showed vast improvement from week 1 to week 2. Fordyce is not what they have been in recent years, however, they are not a bad team.  McGehee will be a good test for Crossett. I expect a hard fought game. How many players do the Owls have out this year?
I will be looking forward to a good test.  We have 35.  One starter will still be out.  Hope to have him for conference.  If ya'll are running the hurry now too, it will definitely be contrasting offenses.  Everyone knows what the Owls do.  I had 4 different kids to score against Dumas before the began pulling the starters.  Our secondary needs to be tested more before conference.  Dumas did not throw the ball as well as I thought they would....or our secondary showed that much more improvement from last week....

Jimbo Morphis

how many does crossett have out? anyone play both ways?

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 10:14:46 am

Crossett has around 55 this year. Only a couple see time on both sides of the ball from time to time. None go both ways the entire game.

Iron Owl

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on September 15, 2014, 10:20:58 am
Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 10:14:46 am

Crossett has around 55 this year. Only a couple see time on both sides of the ball from time to time. None go both ways the entire game.
That is nice to be able to have a lot going one way.  I glad its going to be cool again Friday night!

sledgehammer

Fordyce had 6 starters out, for that game. If anybody really want to know. You take 6 starters off any team you will struggle.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sledgehammer on September 17, 2014, 10:40:05 am
Fordyce had 6 starters out, for that game. If anybody really want to know. You take 6 starters off any team you will struggle.
you don't have to take that many away from any team to struggle.

BUCK FEVER

I feel your pain.....we had 4 out in third quarter against Junction, that one quarter  reduced our chances of a win tremendously.

green-eagle

did Crossett have several player suspended for the first half of this game as well, due to a on field conflict which cause the officals to short the Magnolia games by :34 seconds...

Eaglemaniac

September 17, 2014, 01:18:15 pm #17 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:52:45 pm by Eaglemaniac
Quote from: green-eagle on September 17, 2014, 01:14:37 pm

did Crossett have several player suspended for the first half of this game as well, due to a on field conflict which cause the officals to short the Magnolia games by :34 seconds...

As a matter of fact they did! They were actually suspended for the entire game

Lions84

green-eagle

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on September 17, 2014, 01:18:15 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on September 17, 2014, 01:14:37 pm

As a matter of fact they did! They were actually suspended for the entire game

now, in my opinion The Crossett's defenses and offense were actually all around better in this game..whether it's was a process of better personell or personal match up?

we will see come this Friday.....

Hootie

Crossett is not a push over and always seems to have size and speed on their teams. McGehee should win since it will be a little cooler and better coached but I think it'll be a well contested ball game.

Iron Owl

Quote from: Hootie on September 17, 2014, 03:36:51 pm
Crossett is not a push over and always seems to have size and speed on their teams. McGehee should win since it will be a little cooler and better coached but I think it'll be a well contested ball game.
^ What he said...

green-eagle

Can you futher explain " cooler" in its relationship with the owls should win.

Proud Buckaroo

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 17, 2014, 09:31:06 pm
Better conditioning.

I dont think the Owls will he better conditioned than Crossett.with past Crossett teams that may have been the case but not under Coach Nason. Im not predicting a win but I'm not saying we will lose either. Crossett underestimated Smackover in the benefit game. The defense played an excellent game against Magnolia. The offense finally lived up to their potential against Fordyce. Should be a very good game to watch and I hate that I'm going to have to miss it.

Proud Buckaroo

You misunderstood my comment. cool weather means better conditioning. As in, no cramps. That's what hurt Mcgehee against hamburg.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 18, 2014, 07:32:15 am
You misunderstood my comment. cool weather means better conditioning. As in, no cramps. That's what hurt Mcgehee against hamburg.
no one cramped they just ran out of gas. you can't condition enough when it's 95 and your playing both ways against a team playing one way. the bear jumps on your back by the 2nd half.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Oldman on September 18, 2014, 08:04:11 am
no one cramped they just ran out of gas. you can't condition enough when it's 95 and your playing both ways against a team playing one way. the bear jumps on your back by the 2nd half.
If Crossett's offense is able to accomplish the goal of their hyper HUNH, then that could be an issue tomorrow night. I said IF.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 18, 2014, 08:25:15 am
If Crossett's offense is able to accomplish the goal of their hyper HUNH, then that could be an issue tomorrow night. I said IF.
i agree.

BUCK FEVER

Honestly, I never see anyone cramp other than Smackover.......maybe they need to test the city water  ;D ;D ;D

Hootie

Quote from: green-eagle on September 17, 2014, 09:21:10 pm

Can you futher explain " cooler" in its relationship with the owls should win.

It's not rocket science.

The body does not lose water as quickly and can perform at max or near max effort level for a longer duration in cooler weather. And if any team is consistently indicative of that it is the McGehee Owls.

Eddie Goodson

The forcast is for a high in the low 90s. Not exactly sweater weather.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 18, 2014, 02:08:52 pm
nope, it's raining and i have the sprinlers on. trying to slow down that hurry up offense..

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Oldman on September 18, 2014, 02:20:52 pm
nope, it's raining and i have the sprinlers on. trying to slow down that hurry up offense..
That is what we call a Vilonia Clipper. Heavy rain from a clear blue sky.

Iron Owl

That is what I meant by hoping for cooler temps.  We know we have so many going both ways.  Wasn't saying the Owls were better conditioned than Crossett.  Cooler temps will just help our kids who never come off the field. 

Iron Owl

Quote from: Oldman on September 18, 2014, 02:20:52 pm
^ I like it...can we turn the air on by 6 tomorrow night?

Iron Owl

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 18, 2014, 08:25:15 am
Talked to a guy from Fordyce tonight...he was impressed with Crossett.   Looking forward to a great game...

green-eagle

Quote from: Iron Owl on September 13, 2014, 07:12:30 pm

Still this is a good question since Fordyce gave it up....

Tonight game was telling since Crossett had a chance to really put this fame away, but we could do it....

Mcgehee roll out short passes really hurt us on the left side of the defense....

Now, lets hope Warren next week is down due to PA... But lets get real, they wont!!!

Iron Owl

Quote from: green-eagle on September 19, 2014, 11:25:33 pm
Quote from: Iron Owl on September 13, 2014, 07:12:30 pm

Still this is a good question since Fordyce gave it up....

Tonight game was telling since Crossett had a chance to really put this fame away, but we could do it....

Mcgehee roll out short passes really hurt us on the left side of the defense....

Now, lets hope Warren next week is down due to PA... But lets get real, they wont!!!
Well, I guess it did not get cool enough for the Owls tonight.  We made a lot of mistakes in the second half...but my hats off to Crossett.  Ya'll have a fine team, and ya'll handed it to us tonight.  Good luck in conference....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas