• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark @ Charleston Week #3

Started by adaptedtigerfan, September 13, 2014, 01:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston traveled to Ozark last season and walked away with a 44-6 victory.  This year the Franklin County Feud comes to the SOUTH side of the river.  I see this game the same as last years game.  It just may just be in the first half instead of the 3rd quarter this time.

Tigers 42
Hillbillies 7

Legend

I know Ozark has improved a lot since last season but Charleston is just as good as last year. If Booneville doesnt get it together then yall will walk away with the title. I noticed a lot of screen passes in the highlights and I know Ozark has a better team upfront but not enough to stop those passes. i say Ozark does better on the scoreboard but half of what Charleston does. 42-21

WPWells

42-14. Ozark scores once on Charleston's first team defense

OLDSCHOOL82

Beware chucktown boys,  better hope all the boys make it out of this game without any injuries.  You will see what I'm meaning after the game. 

eaglefan568

skydog

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 14, 2014, 11:36:52 am
Beware chucktown boys,  better hope all the boys make it out of this game without any injuries.  You will see what I'm meaning after the game.
Whatever do you mean?

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: skydog on September 14, 2014, 09:23:05 pm
Whatever do you mean?
Yeah, what does that mean?  It reads like a threat. 

adaptedtigerfan

I read it as a warning from a Booneville poster as if Ozark might have taken a few cheap shots.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 17, 2014, 12:03:39 pm
I read it as a warning from a Booneville poster as if Ozark might have taken a few cheap shots.
Interesting....

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: StopTheMBHate on September 17, 2014, 12:02:03 pm
Whatever do you mean?

No threat here.  I'm in no way associated with the hillbilly goats. 

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 17, 2014, 12:06:25 pm
Why do u say interesting?
Oh, that your perspective was interesting since it was a different train of thought - made me think from a different angle.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 17, 2014, 12:15:35 pm
Quote from: StopTheMBHate on September 17, 2014, 12:02:03 pm
Whatever do you mean?

No threat here.  I'm in no way associated with the hillbilly goats.
I see.  Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Cheap shots (if I may ask)?

edghog

No cheap shots that I saw and I sat (stood) on the bearchicken side. Just hard hitting football. Ozark is much improved. A year away from being really good but definitely have some hitters.
Bunnyville folk blame the closer than expected game on being flat. I say they expected much less of a fight than they got...
And that was the 2nd best team in Franklin county. Wait til they play the best team......

adaptedtigerfan

Heyyyyy I thought u had got lost..   Haven't seen u make a single post all year.  Edghog

OLDSCHOOL82

September 17, 2014, 01:50:18 pm #15 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:10:36 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: edghog on September 17, 2014, 01:03:36 pm
No cheap shots that I saw and I sat (stood) on the bearchicken side. Just hard hitting football. Ozark is much improved. A year away from being really good but definitely have some hitters.
Bunnyville folk blame the closer than expected game on being flat. I say they expected much less of a fight than they got...
And that was the 2nd best team in Franklin county. Wait til they play the best team......

Wont go into details on all of this.  The shots to knees where all over the place on all sides of the ball.  Even on the sides of the ball where they are not allowed.  Thats not called hitting, maybe it was in the 80's.  Isnt the text in Bold kind of the same thing as coming out flat not expecting a game?

skydog

I don't remember seeing a memo saying tackling the ball carrier below the waist was against the rules in football now. Maybe I was absent that day.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: skydog on September 17, 2014, 04:10:04 pm
I don't remember seeing a memo saying tackling the ball carrier below the waist was against the rules in football now. Maybe I was absent that day.

Wasnt meaning on the tackle.  I guess chop blocks are still taught regularly at Ozark. 

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 18, 2014, 03:01:56 pm
Quote from: skydog on September 17, 2014, 04:10:04 pm

Wasnt meaning on the tackle.  I guess chop blocks are still taught regularly at Ozark. 
How many flags did Ozark get for chop blocking?

OLDSCHOOL82

edghog

If I failed to live up to all the hype week one & then get dominated by the lizturds, I'd be making excuses too...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: edghog on September 19, 2014, 08:56:11 am
If I failed to live up to all the hype week one & then get dominated by the lizturds, I'd be making excuses too...

Where did i make an excuse?  I am very glad the hype got popped.  Its what the boys needed.  Enjoy being an Ozark hillbilly goat with all the success. 

Chucktown by 4 tds. 

edghog

Oh.... feelings a little tender hey. Sorry. I by no means think the bearchickens are done. I certainly wouldn't take them lightly because of a couple of lackluster outings....

Ozark 2 Upchucktown 0.

adaptedtigerfan

WPWells

I think he is trying to indicate that Ozark cannot score any points, so while Charleston will be the only team to score, his Hillbilly goats will still win the football game

OLDSCHOOL82

adaptedtigerfan

Come on edghog I know u better than that....  I know u are a realist...   Just say it!!!

AnotherTurfMonkey

If Booneville only scored 27 and Ozark had 3.

This game has to go to the wire

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 19, 2014, 10:30:06 am
Am I Hans or Franz?

Hard to peg which is which without seeing you guys.  I'll go with 12th being Hans and adapted being Franz.

-Painted Fan-

Charleston actually did win a game 2-0, back in the '80's, vs. Lavaca. It wasn't a forfeit either.
As for tonight, Charleston is averaging 42 points per game, while giving up 10. Only 7 points have been given up by the Tigers starting defense.
Ozark's line is huge, and may be the biggest Charleston will face until Halloween.
The question is: Can the Hillbillies pass, or are they one-dimensional?
Tigers 42 Hillbillies 14 (7 against the 2nd string)

tiger2016

I'll predict Charleston takes it for 18 and a row. Final score Charleston-48 Ozark-13

adaptedtigerfan

I've never seen so much diving at knees in my life!!

OLDSCHOOL82

adaptedtigerfan

32-12 half charleston.....   Ozark could be called for pass int. on every play.

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston D gives up 6 special teams gives up 6

x14113

The Tigers were relaxed and disciplined.

The Hillbillies were to edgy for their own good.

This series looks to get interesting the next few years, though.

HPRD!

edghog

Y'all's turn to mercy rule..
It'll be ours again next year.

From what I've seen & heard, Bunnyville & Upchucktown both better be worried about Lamar.....

skydog

I don't know what the d coordinator was thinking for ozark. Why change the defense from 5 front to 4 when they were getting to storey almost every play. Just like in the booneville game he quit blitzing after halftime and they scored 3 touchdowns after that. Unbelievable!!

chucktownboys

Hillbillies had one class match up with our smallest Sr class couple years ago not much before or since then. Tigers aren't going anywhere, Ozark not much different than they have been. Good job Tigers for playing the game the right way and mercy ruling another Ozark team

WPWells

Charleston is 3-0 with 3 mercy rules

skydog

September 20, 2014, 12:36:54 am #42 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:39:34 am by skydog
I guess playing the right way means not touching storey? He's a big boy. He should be able to handle getting sacked a few times. Your coaches are gonna have a aneurysm before the season is over if they don't quit flipping out every time he gets hit. This is football in case you guys have forgot.

chucktownboys

Wasn't talking about Storey at all, but if your talking about late hits he's used to it, what I saw was a few Ozark players more interested in making sure they were pulling someone down every play that had nothing to do with where the ball was on the field away from the play, hitting is part of the game and Tigers like to hit, late hits and hitting when someone is on the ground is what I was referring too, btw your fans and coaches were the ones hollering for a penalty on every play not the Tigers, Ozark burned TO's because they were disorganized, be more concerned about that as a fan, your secondary could have been flagged for holdîng every play, worry about cleaning that up too

SuperTurfMonkey

Sounds like it was a hum dinger...lol😂

edghog

September 22, 2014, 01:31:46 pm #45 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:37:58 pm by edghog
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 19, 2014, 11:29:27 pm
Wrong. My my my how quickly you forget.....Let me refresh your memory......... 2 years ago.........28-0 at half............(Only thing that kept it from being 35-0 in the first half was 6 flags in a row on Ozark's last possession before the halftime) Ozark scored on their first possession of third to invoke the sportsmanship rule.......AND OUR STARTERS WERE PULLED...........Unlike yours.....
Of course if you want to talk about the original feud......(I'm sure you don't....) :-) 

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: edghog on September 22, 2014, 01:31:46 pm
Wrong. My my my how quickly you forget.....Let me refresh your memory......... 2 years ago.........28-0 at half............(Only thing that kept it from being 35-0 in the first half was 6 flags in a row on Ozark's last possession before the halftime) Ozark scored on their first possession of third to invoke the sportsmanship rule.......AND OUR STARTERS WERE PULLED...........Unlike yours.....
Of course if you want to talk about the original feud......(I'm sure you don't....) :-)

He is talking in 2014.

edghog

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 22, 2014, 01:41:11 pm
Quote from: edghog on September 22, 2014, 01:31:46 pm

He is talking in 2014.
Maybe he needs to read more and post less. The post that started the mercy rule discussion was mine and said their turn this year, ours next.......

WPWells

Maybe you need to read more and post less because it was obvious I was talking about this year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas