• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colts vs Pirates

Started by Big Red Fan 54, September 13, 2014, 06:27:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Red Fan 54

I was optimistic at the start of the season that the Colts would win this one. Now that the Colts have played a couple I dont thin the Colts stand much of a chance. It hurts me to say that but from the play I have seen so far i just dont see it happening. 28-7 Gosnell. I hope they prove me wrong. Go Colts!

ISU7

Colts offensive play calling and the gamee at the G...Gosnell35 Colts 14 8)

redandgray

Unless major changes happen and progress is made, we'll be decent in conference play but right now I say Gosnell by 4 touchdowns.

Big Red Fan 54

Last night was that bad huh? I didn't get to see the game personally I was basing my prediction off of the PARAGOULD game and the final score from last night. Also from reading a few  peoples post. What all went wrong?

State champs 2010

Quote from: Big Red Fan 54 on September 13, 2014, 10:08:48 am
Last night was that bad huh? I didn't get to see the game personally I was basing my prediction off of the PARAGOULD game and the final score from last night. Also from reading a few  peoples post. What all went wrong?
bad play calling!!!!

bodycounTT

I think yall are being too pessimistic about the game. People thought Gosnell would roll over Osceola but they forgot how these two teams play each other. Same goes for the Rivercrest/Gosnell rivalry. I honestly don't see this game being decided by more than 13 points. Rivercrest brings out all the stops against Gosnell and you can count on at least one trick play. Gosnell 37 Rivercrest 29.

redandgray

Possibly. Only positive from last night was the Colt D got a lot of people around the ball. With the exception of a couple, tried to arm tackle all night. Backs ran hard. That is all. We weren't imaginative with what we asked of Tweet at all. With Earle's alignment, we needed to run more true option. We didn't take advantage of having an athletic QB. We could've had a 4' 300lb kid do what we asked of our QB last night. Very discouraging after seeing some positives in the first game. Just get better each week and prep for conference! Go Colts!

Big Red Fan 54

Well hopefully Rivercrest can play well this week and make it a good competitive ball game.

bodycounTT

Quote from: Big Red Fan 54 on September 14, 2014, 07:39:05 pm
Well hopefully Rivercrest can play well this week and make it a good competitive ball game.

It's going to be a competitive game just for the sheer fact that it's Gosnell Rivercrest.

bdubyab60

I think Gosnell wears down the Colts. Colts D is tough though and they will hang around.
GOSNELL 24 RIVERCREST 14

redandgray

Praying for players on both sides...praying for no injuries!  Hope this is a great game.  Go Colts!

Big Red Fan 54

Quote from: bodycounTT on September 14, 2014, 07:45:07 pm

It's going to be a competitive game just for the sheer fact that it's Gosnell Rivercrest.

You're right it should be competitive even though they aren't in same conference any more these teams know each other well.

bodycounTT

Quote from: Big Red Fan 54 on September 16, 2014, 01:49:43 pm
Quote from: bodycounTT on September 14, 2014, 07:45:07 pm

You're right it should be competitive even though they aren't in same conference any more these teams know each other well.
There used to be some good games in the past between these two schools. Seemed like it was always down to the winner of the Conference when they played. Had some packed out stadiums.

Missco

OB11

Back when they were all in the same conference, you could get a pretty accurate count of the population of Mississippi county when Gosnell, Osceola, or Rivercrest would play each other. 

bodycounTT

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 18, 2014, 07:22:38 pm
Back when they were all in the same conference, you could get a pretty accurate count of the population of Mississippi county when Gosnell, Osceola, or Rivercrest would play each other.

Don't forget when EPC was in the conference and had Marcus Monk, they were right there in the mix.

ISU7

September 19, 2014, 10:26:08 am #16 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:32:16 am by ISU7
Quote from: bodycounTT on September 18, 2014, 11:35:07 pm
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on September 18, 2014, 07:22:38 pm

Don't forget when EPC was in the conference and had Marcus Monk, they were right there in the mix.
Lol RiverCrest beat EPC, with Monk 41-00 ,35-00at EPC, and 50-18, (Monk wasn't on this team) at the patch, wasn't too much of a mix. 8)

State champs 2010

Big Red Fan 54

GHS_08

Game ends in a tie 29-29. Props to Rivercrest y'all played a good game. Gosnell played sloppy and put the ball on the ground way too many times. The pirates had 412 rushing yards and had the ball inside the 20 with a minute left and 1 timeout. They throw two straight incomplete passes and then got stuffed on 4th and 2. I do not understand why they did not just pound it in.

redandgray

Very competitive game.  Rivercrest looked much better than the first 2 weeks.  I feel much better entering conference play.  Gosnell is a good team. 
Marquez "Tweet" Chew ended up 9 for 14  239yds  3TDs. Devin Tittle had 4 catches - 182yds 2TDs.  Cecil Langston had 24 carries - 210yds  1TD rushing and 1TD receiving.
Good luck to the Pirates from here on out!

Big Red Fan 54

Way to play Colts.  Now  it's time to enter conference  play. Play hard and win the Conference title.just play up to your potential. Good luck Gosnell the rest of the year.

ISU7

Quote from: GHS_08 on September 19, 2014, 10:06:08 pm
Game ends in a tie 29-29. Props to Rivercrest y'all played a good game. Gosnell played sloppy and put the ball on the ground way too many times. The pirates had 412 rushing yards and had the ball inside the 20 with a minute left and 1 timeout. They throw two straight incomplete passes and then got stuffed on 4th and 2. I do not understand why they did not just pound it in.
That's called DEE-FENSE!!!!! ;D 8)

ISU7

Quote from: ISU7 on September 13, 2014, 07:25:41 am
Colts offensive play calling and the gamee at the G...Gosnell35 Colts 14 8)
Way to prove me wrong COLTS. Great game....... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

GHS_08

Quote from: ISU7 on September 20, 2014, 08:20:07 am

It's called bonehead play calling

ISU7

Quote from: GHS_08 on September 20, 2014, 12:35:02 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on September 20, 2014, 08:20:07 am

It's called bonehead play calling
Maybe, Maybe not...Good Luck Pirates the rest of the way..

Big Red Fan 54

Maybe a bone head call but he obviously thought he could get it by running it. The Colts stepped up and stopped it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas