• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Lafayette County

Started by Proud Buckaroo, September 13, 2014, 05:49:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Smackover
22 (88%)
Cougars
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover rolls this one with the starters out in the second half again. 52-12.

Megatron

BUCK FEVER

September 13, 2014, 08:19:49 am #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:12:17 pm by BUCK FEVER
The cougs dirt rolled Genoa last night................they will see what that FEELS like next friday night..........................they are 2-0 and have played 2 cupcakes.............Reality check awaits.

Jimbo Morphis

Smackover only has one game to worry about before the playoffs. This aint it.

LCC

September 13, 2014, 09:25:31 am #4 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:37:59 am by LCC
Tradition rich program vs not so much

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2014, 08:57:28 am

You're right. It's Fouke. Because they are going to be 2014 state champs.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2014, 10:28:07 am

You're right. It's Fouke. Because they are going to be 2014 state champs.
yep

Iron Owl

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

Hooten's has Smackover picked to win by 38.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Why does #10 get hurt after half the plays he's involved in. He seriously had to be carried off the field like 5 times against Gurdon. Is he soft? Or does he want everybody to look at him?

BUCK FEVER

September 15, 2014, 10:16:30 pm #11 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:26:57 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on September 15, 2014, 10:06:41 pm
Why does #10 get hurt after half the plays he's involved in. He seriously had to be carried off the field like 5 times against Gurdon. Is he soft? Or does he want everybody to look at him?

He doesn"t need anyone to look at him.....ARKANSAS  already has........offered and committed.

I only remember the one time he was help off against Gurdon, looked like just the breath knocked out......I don"t think he played the second half, if so very little, mostly reserves.

He has had some leg cramp issues but i think that has improved.

Hoghead

LC gets smackedover by the Buckeroos !

Mohawk 54

Buck number 4 did play mostly defense in the 3th quarter. He did not play in the 4th at all. But I do have a question for you and Proud. In the first half when #15 got banged up after he got the first down, it's first and ten and the bucks never broke the huddle and next thing it's first and five,because the ref. called offsides on Gurdon, I know it did have a outcome on the game but was wondering if you'll seen that.

Proud Buckaroo

Honestly. I do not recall seeing that part. I may have been talking to the guy I was sitting with. I do remember Logan getting shaken up a bit though.

THA TRUTH

Proud doesn't really understand football to well so He prolly thought that was normal and didn't think nothing about it

Proud Buckaroo

I understand football just fine, Truth. I remember Logan being shaken up quite a bit. I just don't remember the flag being thrown. I was with my friend who I was talking to quite a bit during the game. I was also constantly updating the score and looking at other scores.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on September 15, 2014, 10:45:54 pm
Buck number 4 did play mostly defense in the 3th quarter. He did not play in the 4th at all. But I do have a question for you and Proud. In the first half when #15 got banged up after he got the first down, it's first and ten and the bucks never broke the huddle and next thing it's first and five,because the ref. called offsides on Gurdon, I know it did have a outcome on the game but was wondering if you'll seen that.

#4 may have played some D in the 3rd but not all.................I'm pretty sure he was out on offense most of the 3rd because # 44 played FB most of the 3rd.................I watch #44 pretty close..............................I remember the play your talking about,  I thought they called an unintentional facemask on the previous play for the 5 yards.....I could be wrong.

cdelaney

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on September 16, 2014, 02:18:06 pm
Quote from: Mohawk 54 on September 15, 2014, 10:45:54 pm

#4 may have played some D in the 3rd but not all.................I'm pretty sure he was out on offense most of the 3rd because # 44 played FB most of the 3rd.................I watch #44 pretty close..............................I remember the play your talking about,  I thought they called an unintentional facemask on the previous play for the 5 yards.....I could be wrong.
If that's the case (facemask) it would have been a 5 yd penalty but would have been a 1st and 10 from the new spot. But with the "quality" of refs these days, they may have gotten that wrong. Seems like they make these types of mistakes (rules) as often as they do bad calls. We had a game last year where the team with the ball was ahead and was running out the clock in the last minute. It was 4th down with about 55 secs left; they ran the play clock down to almost zero but one of their lineman did a false start. After the 5 yd walkoff, the ref reset the play clock to 25, but also re-started the game clock!! So they got to run off another 25 seconds before having to snap again. Didn't affect outcome probably, but did reflect their lack of knowledge of the rules. Also had an offensive pass interference that they walked off from the spot of the foul, so the offensive team ended up gaining about 15 yds and did not lose the down! Crazy!! ( and no these did not happen in Smackover Bucky- refs had no outcome on that game!)

BUCK FEVER

Whatever the call was they were unclear about it......not sure they even knew......seems we have caught our share of sorry refs in our first two games...........the ones at Junction all looked confused from start to finish, not saying that JC did not get a couple bad calls also........I know we did.

Yak

Smackover may be pretty good as everyone indicates. However, Smackover doesn't have the coaching staff of LC and the stud that they have! LC surprises-and defeats Smackover! LC has come along way and are poised to make some noise. There is no reason they shouldn't be a top program by end of year!

Arkguy870

smackover takes this one. Wont be close

bleudog

September 17, 2014, 11:13:51 am #22 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:10:34 pm by bleudog

The folks in LaLaLand don't see much for Smackover to worry about until after week 10.

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2014/trend.pl?school=Smackover_(AR)

BUCK FEVER

September 17, 2014, 12:21:25 pm #23 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:28:25 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Yak on September 17, 2014, 10:49:54 am
Smackover may be pretty good as everyone indicates. However, Smackover doesn't have the coaching staff of LC and the stud that they have! LC surprises-and defeats Smackover! LC has come along way and are poised to make some noise. There is no reason they shouldn't be a top program by end of year!

Smackover would beat LC with no coaching staff.........................LC is simply not on the Bucks level.

Smackover played in a full pad camp pre-season against your stud.....twice...2 weeks apart................your stud was not effective either time, he is a big strong kid that can run over a average team, but he is just another RB against a good team.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Yak on September 17, 2014, 10:49:54 am

One stud compared to 9-10 studs isn't going to help. Nothing against your program. You are picked to lose by 38. You're just not on the same level.

mhfcharlesi

jac12_06

If LC thinks they can even come close to hanging with the Bucs, then LaLa land it really is. Bucs by at least 3 TDS.

LCC

Smackover has 9-10 Studs? It must not be on defense or the same type of studs JC has.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: LCC on September 17, 2014, 04:50:52 pm
Smackover has 9-10 Studs? It must not be on defense or the same type of studs JC has.

4 of those studs was out the 3rd quarter, till then it was tied 12-12...................

LC would have been done by 40+ at the half against Junction.

LCC

I didn't say LC would beat JC. Smackover fans were saying that....before the game. I'm just saying that Smackover's "studs" must not have been as good as JCs studs.

Proud Buckaroo

In case any one from LC want to know Burks stats:

•Lafayette County running back Tre Burks had 237 yards and three touchdowns on only 13 carries in the Cougars' 40-6 win over Genoa Central. That is an average of 18.2 yards per carry.

http://www.arpreps.com/week-2-notable-performances-and-games/

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: LCC on September 17, 2014, 05:29:53 pm
I didn't say LC would beat JC. Smackover fans were saying that....before the game. I'm just saying that Smackover's "studs" must not have been as good as JCs studs.

I understand your comment.............my comment to your comment was...........when all of our studs were in the game, it was tied 12-12 at the half.....................................when the 4 were not avaliable  JC made hay while the sun was shining.

LCC

I didn't know what you were referring to. Why were they out Of the game?

Proud Buckaroo

They went out in the 3rd quarter from cramping...

LCC

I see. Supposed to be warm Friday. Fingers crossed they cramp in first quarter.

Proud Buckaroo

Pretty sure the cramping has worked it self out now. I will be at this game. I haven't been theLC in a while. What's AT&T cell service like?

LCC

Proud Buckaroo

The Smackover vs Lafayette County football game this Friday will begin at 7 PM in Stamps. Please help spread the word on this change.

Buckaroo Fanatic

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 17, 2014, 06:37:00 pm

•Lafayette County running back Tre Burks had 237 yards and three touchdowns on only 13 carries in the Cougars' 40-6 win over Genoa Central. That is an average of 18.2 yards per carry.

Buckaroo Fanatic

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 17, 2014, 06:37:00 pm

can say without a shadow of a doubt....his stats want look like this tomorrow....We got some line backers that's gonna make this kid hate he's the running back....

LCC

Burks played against Smackover in team camp and I guess he is still planning on playing tomorrow. I don't reckon he is too scared.

Buckaroo4Life06

This game was over before it got stared I left at halftime on to the next team GO BUCKS GO

Proud Buckaroo

Lafayette county has a good team. They will do okay in conference play. Good luck next week guys. Onto next week for those Fouke panthers....

LCC

Thanks Proud Buckaroo. Those kids have worked hard to get to this point after no team 2 years ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas