• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose vs Bauxite

Started by quicksand, September 11, 2014, 07:24:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

quicksand

I cant believe this thread hasn't been created already.  GR must be way down this year. 

Bauxite by 14

beaverfan007

We're young and inexperienced but there's some promise we will be a better team by end of season

champsof 07

Yea I think they we get better thur the weeks. But im picking glen rose by 21

Beaver Fever

I dont think we have anyone that can match up with Maddison, he is a heck of a player.
We will have to score 35 to win this one.

minerjack

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 12, 2014, 06:36:09 am
I dont think we have anyone that can match up with Maddison, he is a heck of a player.
We will have to score 35 to win this one.
Will Ben Maddison go to college and play ball?  Or will he get drafted for baseball?

hawgrule

[/quote]
Will Ben Maddison go to college and play ball?  Or will he get drafted for baseball?
[/quote]

YES.

minerjack

Quote from: hawgrule on September 12, 2014, 12:58:15 pm

[/quote]

YES.
[/quote]
Which?

FBfan79

True Fan

Marcell Ledbetter

28-3 Miners according to the FF Scoreboard. 

snoopy22

big lefty

Glen Rose started 7 sophomores on offense and defense tonight very young and inexperienced. Played better tonight than last week, which isn't saying much

SuperTurfMonkey

Oops...looks like a loooooooong season....lol😂

quicksand

scoring by quarters

bauxite  14  0  7  7
gr           0  0  3  0

that game wasn't even close   you are right stm...long season

rayzorbackfan

Why has the beavers dropped down so far this year. I know they lost their good running back to injury, but they still should have had a lot of talent returning from last year, or did most of it graduate.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: big lefty on September 13, 2014, 07:00:29 am
Glen Rose started 7 sophomores on offense and defense tonight very young and inexperienced. Played better tonight than last week, which isn't saying much

That"s about how many Smackover started in the semi"s last year.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: rayzorbackfan on September 13, 2014, 12:16:23 pm
Why has the beavers dropped down so far this year. I know they lost their good running back to injury, but they still should have had a lot of talent returning from last year, or did most of it graduate.

Majority of their good talent graduated last year. They have a lot of sophmores and juniors. Not many seniors at all. I think a total of six or so.

DeeGee

We did graduate the biggest core of the team. 11 graduated. Burton out with injury but was on the side lines in jersey. IMO the coaching staff is playing too many sophomores. They have several experienced SR's and Jr's that are being kept on the sideline. The sophomores are playing scared and inexperienced. If the coaching staff would change out players and quit keeping the same boys on the field they might make some yardage. But with keeping their experienced players on the side line then this is what happens. It's not that the boys aren't trying, most are just being thrown to the wolves and look lost. Why in the world they are keeping the Jr's and some Srs out is beyond me. I blame most of this on the coaching staff. It's all about favoritism. And I guess if your kin to the coaches it don't matter how bad you are you play. But I'm gonna stop this rant and tell yall have a nice day! Lol
Otherwise I'd go on forever. I'm not a very happy momma with the coaches right now so I'm gonna mind my manners and hush.

KOJACK

I think several folks have tried and tried to tell you Dee, about that guy.  :-\

AirWarren

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on September 13, 2014, 04:42:26 pm
I think several folks have tried and tried to tell you Dee, about that guy.  :-\

I know. I'm trying to bite my tongue for my son's sake but I think it's about to bleed so I'm not sure how much more I can take. He has been a total butt to my son because he's training at D1.  Therefore has not let him play at all. For that matter there wasn't any Jr's playing the last 2 games but 2. All sophomores. Ridiculous!  Them star sophomores are sure impressing folks!!! A whole 3 points in 2 games!!! Can you hear all my excitement???? Maybe it's coaches karma?? The coaching staff was called out by the Barton Bears coaches to do the ALS ice water challenge. Kehner ' s response: We don't play games we win games. Hahahaha not that I can see so far! Gonna be a longgggg season if something don't change quick. Only good part was seeing Carlos in his jersey on the side lines.

AirWarren

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 06:28:39 pm

I know. I'm trying to bite my tongue for my son's sake but I think it's about to bleed so I'm not sure how much more I can take. He has been a total butt to my son because he's training at D1.  Therefore has not let him play at all. For that matter there wasn't any Jr's playing the last 2 games but 2. All sophomores. Ridiculous!  Them star sophomores are sure impressing folks!!! A whole 3 points in 2 games!!! Can you hear all my excitement???? Maybe it's coaches karma?? The coaching staff was called out by the Barton Bears coaches to do the ALS ice water challenge. Kehner ' s response: We don't play games we win games. Hahahaha not that I can see so far! Gonna be a longgggg season if something don't change quick. Only good part was seeing Carlos in his jersey on the side lines.

Have you ever thought to think that your child may not be as good as you think? And coach sees that? I mean he has made glen rose into a respectable program. I commend your son for going the extra mile in training but I think you have a strong case of wearing mommy glasses in the stands. Let the coach do his job because glen rose is a good team but schools go through talent cycles.

Plus didn't a bunch of kids transfer? Losing Carlos hurts. But a winning coach demands winning ways. Those transfers may have not been cutting it.

DeeGee

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2014, 06:59:00 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 06:28:39 pm

Have you ever thought to think that your child may not be as good as you think? And coach sees that? I mean he has made glen rose into a respectable program. I commend your son for going the extra mile in training but I think you have a strong case of wearing mommy glasses in the stands. Let the coach do his job because glen rose is a good team but schools go through talent cycles.

Plus didn't a bunch of kids transfer? Losing Carlos hurts. But a winning coach demands winning ways. Those transfers may have not been cutting it.

Really? You humor me. My son was a starter last year. And was on the roster as a starter in spring and summer until he started going to D1. Try again. They had 2 transfers. One of which was one of their top defensive players last year. Both of which quit , per their own words, because of the coaches. Yes I know he's my son but this may come as a shock to you, I know football! What a concept! And if their Srs and Jr's were so bad that all the sophomores took their starting positions then why have they only scored 3 points in 2 games? I'm pretty sure those boys on the sidelines are the ones that helped get GR to state last year as well. I'm absolutely positive the sophomores had nothing to do with how good they've done the last 2 yrs.
Mind you there are some outstanding sophomores on the the team. Am I saying they should not be able to play? No. I'm saying why not put in your players more experienced and are use to the higher level play, if you want to put points on the score board. There's a logic to everything. But apparently these all star starters aren't showing on game night what they should be. Maybe they break under pressure. Maybe just because I'm a mom don't mean I don't tell my son when he's played like crap. Cause I have several times. I'm not the only parent upset about this. I'm just the only one apparently tired of it enough to say something. Anything else?

DeeGee

Also you said he made Glen Rose into a respected program? Seriously?  Everyone on the 3A board hates Glen Rose. When I first started posting on here I was hated just because my son plays for Glen Rose. I'm pretty sure most of the guys on here will be glad to tell you just how much Glen Rose is respected. Yeah I'm humored. Geez

minerjack

I think he means that they finally started winning games. The only team GR would beat for 30 years is Cutter.

maytag

glen rose is respected but not the coach    everyone everywhere hates him

snoopy22

Runfastturnleft

September 13, 2014, 08:15:24 pm #27 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:54:12 pm by Runfastturnleft
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 07:53:51 pm
Also you said he made Glen Rose into a respected program? Seriously?  Everyone on the 3A board hates Glen Rose. When I first started posting on here I was hated just because my son plays for Glen Rose. I'm pretty sure most of the guys on here will be glad to tell you just how much Glen Rose is respected. Yeah I'm humored. Geez

Respected, as in not an easy win on your schedule. 

So your story is that because your son was a "starter" last season, and was penciled in as a "starter" this season, is being discriminated against because he is training at DI sports?  Sounds pretty lame honestly.

For those who want to know, here are the facts

1.  GR has lost every lineman with significant snaps, either by graduation or injury.

2.  GR lost an All-State RB, who was also being recruited by several schools.  Had the most athletic talent on the team by far.

3.  Speaking of which, that squad in JR High almost won the conference on heels of CB.  Those linemen from that season, three out of the five are not playing. 

4.  I wonder how many practices you watch, how much film you break down, how many reps you actually see.  Jobs are won and lost in practice every day.  I have watched some practices.  These Beavers are not on the level of teams past.  They do not practice at that high speed or with the sense of urgency as teams past.  They can learn, but its something that is learned through experience...those can be "lumps' sometimes.

5.  If you cant get upperclassmen to practice at the level you need them to, why not work on your future? 

6.  No disrespect, but the kids playing over your son are just better.

7.  I remember the starters from last season's defense in the secondary.  I am pretty sure he was not one of them.  They were all seniors.  DLQ, DK, Lewis, CH, Red, KP, etc...   

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 04:24:32 pm

We did graduate the biggest core of the team. 11 graduated. Burton out with injury but was on the side lines in jersey. IMO the coaching staff is playing too many sophomores. They have several experienced SR's and Jr's that are being kept on the sideline. The sophomores are playing scared and inexperienced. If the coaching staff would change out players and quit keeping the same boys on the field they might make some yardage. But with keeping their experienced players on the side line then this is what happens. It's not that the boys aren't trying, most are just being thrown to the wolves and look lost. Why in the world they are keeping the Jr's and some Srs out is beyond me. I blame most of this on the coaching staff. It's all about favoritism. And I guess if your kin to the coaches it don't matter how bad you are you play. But I'm gonna stop this rant and tell yall have a nice day! Lol
Otherwise I'd go on forever. I'm not a very happy momma with the coaches right now so I'm gonna mind my manners and hush.

Oh I also know the kid who is "kin" as you say.  I believe he plays in the secondary like your boy.  The "kin" is bigger, stronger, and quicker than your boy.  Just facts. 

DeeGee

Geez you guys act like a woman isn't suppose to have an opinion in football. Lol. Funny how some of you "dads" we going off about the same things at Friday night in the stands!!! What a way to show your man card!! My son is not little by any means lol. Slow? Nope, runs his 40 in 4.6. Ohhh but he is kinda short though!  If you wanna hold that against him. Genetics is a terrible thing.  Please don't act as if you know me. Or my son for that matter because you don't. I know only a handful of people in Glen Rose who of all know nothing much about me lol. I'm not even from Glen Rose. My son's father is. It was his choice to play for glen rose. Which bothers me none cause he has made some amazing friendships. I've meet some good people since moving there last year. But I am still entitled to my own personal opinion as my original statement said IMO. Calm down there cupcake!

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 09:07:54 pm
Geez you guys act like a woman isn't suppose to have an opinion in football. Lol. Funny how some of you "dads" we going off about the same things at Friday night in the stands!!! What a way to show your man card!! My son is not little by any means lol. Slow? Nope, runs his 40 in 4.6. Ohhh but he is kinda short though!  If you wanna hold that against him. Genetics is a terrible thing.  Please don't act as if you know me. Or my son for that matter because you don't. I know only a handful of people in Glen Rose who of all know nothing much about me lol. I'm not even from Glen Rose. My son's father is. It was his choice to play for glen rose. Which bothers me none cause he has made some amazing friendships. I've meet some good people since moving there last year. But I am still entitled to my own personal opinion as my original statement said IMO. Calm down there cupcake!

No one said you wasn't entitled.  Notice I said Bigger, Stronger, and quicker.  Straight line speed is just that....in a straight line.  Football is rarely played in that straight line.  If your son did run a 4.6, I am sure that he would find a spot on the field, if he had other tools. 

Your right, I do not know you personally, but I have seen the facts in action. 

No one said anything about "woman opinion" other than than the over-inflated analysis of your son's abilities, which was not initiated by me.  Just saying.  Read. 

And although I am not a "cupcake", I do enjoy a tasty red-velvet one from time to time.  Only with cream cheese icing though. 

ATU

Dee move your boy to Charleston next year and i'm sure they will find a place for him.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: ATU on September 13, 2014, 09:27:25 pm
Dee move your boy to Charleston next year and i'm sure they will find a place for him.

Rich get richer?

Maybe if you were a Greenwood kid who ran a 4.6 and didn't play...I kid I kid...

DeeGee

Ohhh and I wasn't talking about "kin" to the coach taking his position. As far as I know the ones in his position are not kin to any of the coaches.
My bad did you assume I didn't know that football wasn't played in a straight line? Geez. I think you're getting a little too worked up. And actually the position he plays the others that play that position are all around the same size. Lol
Apparently you have him confused with someone else. And their 40 ' s do help with getting their position. Am I saying he's the absolute best? No. Am I saying he don't make mistakes?  No. I don't over rate him. Actually I'm probably tougher on him than the coaches when he makes simple mistakes. I was raised around sports. My dad was a high school football coach in Wilmington,  California. So I promise I'm not dumb when it comes to the game. I honestly don't know that he should start every game. But I do know that none of the kids were being changed out and it's unfair to them as a whole. Not just him. And I absolutely love cream cheese icing! :)

DeeGee

Lord no I'm not moving to Charleston!  I just bought a house in Glen Rose so he could stay there when his dad moved to Louisiana. Trust me it's a lot different here than in NLR. Big city to no stores open after dark. It's took some time to get use to. Lol.

Runfastturnleft

September 13, 2014, 09:37:07 pm #35 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:45:02 pm by Runfastturnleft
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 09:32:37 pm
Ohhh and I wasn't talking about "kin" to the coach taking his position. As far as I know the ones in his position are not kin to any of the coaches.
My bad did you assume I didn't know that football wasn't played in a straight line? Geez. I think you're getting a little too worked up. And actually the position he plays the others that play that position are all around the same size. Lol
Apparently you have him confused with someone else. And their 40 ' s do help with getting their position. Am I saying he's the absolute best? No. Am I saying he don't make mistakes?  No. I don't over rate him. Actually I'm probably tougher on him than the coaches when he makes simple mistakes. I was raised around sports. My dad was a high school football coach in Wilmington,  California. So I promise I'm not dumb when it comes to the game. I honestly don't know that he should start every game. But I do know that none of the kids were being changed out and it's unfair to them as a whole. Not just him. And I absolutely love cream cheese icing! :)

Agree to disagree...I will say that GR had one kid that ran a 4.6 (actually better than than) on the whole team...and it was CB, not H"G"W...

Hopefully he cracks the depth chart. 

minerjack

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 09:07:54 pm
Nope, runs his 40 in 4.6.
Just because he's fast doesn't mean he wants to come up and hit someone. There's a sport for that. It's called track.

True Fan

Why bring Presskit into the convoy?

Dang, I miss mao.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: True Fan on September 13, 2014, 09:53:03 pm

Dang, I miss mao.

Stirring the pot I see.

There were days when the Mao and Miner nation battles were epic. 

DeeGee

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on September 13, 2014, 09:37:07 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 09:32:37 pm

Agree to disagree...I will say that GR had one kid that ran a 4.6 (actually better than than) on the whole team...and it was CB, not H"G"W...

Hopefully he cracks the depth chart.

Who is HGW? I don't know all the kid's full names but that's not my son's initials. Maybe you have him confused with someone else. I will say that last year no he didn't have speed or as much strength. That's why I choose to get him extra training. Which has been well worth it. I do hope things turn out better than the are looking. It's heartbreaking to watch them as they come out the locker room. Maybe they will get in sync and surprise us all! Cause I sure do love the pride that the Glen Rose fans have every Friday night! Although I really don't know anyone here yet, I have sure seen the pride in this town when it comes to football.

AirWarren

Getting thick with truth in here.

DeeGee

No. That is is the truth. That by no means is my son's initials. Pretty sure I named him so Ummm nope not his initials.

AirWarren

Nothing more annoying than a ball coach parent who thinks their kid is better than what they really are. If my five year old daughter isn't very good at something I'm not gonna bad mouth coaches, bad mouth other players, etc and make her look like a fool to the other parents, coaches, and her teammates because I can't get over my own bias toward her. It's the job as the parent to find them something for them to be good at and not mislead them into something that is never gonna pan out. The "everyone deserves a trophy" syndrome.

My child did a great job in her first year of t ball but by no means did I see a championship softball player. I won't be one of those parents who causes an uproar because I THINK their own kid is better than they are. I certainly won't be on message board bragging about her going to special training or the coach not letting her play. It's embarrassing.  I recognize that and I'm ok. She is a much better tap dancer and ballet dance type.  Loves music. And I love that too.  Guess I need to find a message board to fit in with today's society of yapping about coaches etc like the rest of the up in the stand coaches.

DeeGee

Not once did I say my son was some outstanding player that needs to play all the time. And my original post was referring to all the guys not getting to play. You sir are the one getting in your feelings. I could care less of your opinion of me because it's not my job to make sure you're a happy person. Yes you have my son's initials wrong if you are assuming those are it. I don't think and have not said he is better than anyone else. I think you are taking things way too personal. He's a teenager, he has his faults just as they all do. Never claimed he was a stand out player or that he deserves anything he don't earn. That would be your assumption. I'm done with this conversation. Have a good night sir. And God bless you!

AirWarren

I don't know your son, his initials or any of the kids that play on Gr other than the running back due to hog recruiting. I'm not the one who put initials on here.

DeeGee

I'm sorry that was my mistake. Was just reading through while at work. I work 16 hr shifts so I'm kinda tired. But for whomever did that is by no means his initials. I apologize for that sir. My mistake.

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 13, 2014, 07:53:51 pm
lol 😂you tell him girl....and you are right....Glen Blows is not respected by anyone....😕

Oldbadger

Been reading this string with amusement.  I don't know much about the individual players on the team, but, I have seen the Glen Rose team at 7 on 7 and team camps.  They are going to have a long year, IMO.  Was not impressed at all.  I do recall how the team and the head coach behaved at the playoffs and was embarrassed for the players and the town of Glen Rose as a result.  Does he still act that way?  I don't know, but I imagine the poster, DeeGoldie, is referring to this behavior at other times.  Haven't actually witnessed it, so my info is second hand, but I believe it happened.  Anyone have any defense for this let's hear it.  This coming weekend will be another thrashing at the hands of Gurdon.  I feel sorry for these kids. Also, any coach who does not play his best 11 is asking for a loss.  Politics in sports is a losing proposition.

True Fan

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on September 13, 2014, 09:58:04 pm

Dang, I miss mao.

Stirring the pot I see.

Beyond epic. And, he forever linked Prescott and track. I've actually used a lot of restraint on here. No dog in the fight and too many sitting ducks that would freak out over an old school call out.   ;D

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: True Fan on September 14, 2014, 10:22:45 pm
Quote from: Runfastturnleft on September 13, 2014, 09:58:04 pm

Dang, I miss mao.

Stirring the pot I see.

Beyond epic. And, he forever linked Prescott and track. I've actually used a lot of restraint on here. No dog in the fight and too many sitting ducks that would freak out over an old school call out.   ;D

LOL... Like fish in a barrel

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas