• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Dardanelle Week 2

Started by eaglefan568, September 11, 2014, 09:30:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglefan568

adaptedtigerfan

Do we have to have this thread on the 3A board?  I hope Dardy posters don't venture over here.  They get their feelings hurt tooooo easy.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 11, 2014, 09:38:20 am
Do we have to have this thread on the 3A board?  I hope Dardy posters don't venture over here.  They get their feelings hurt tooooo easy.

But you where mean to them.

adaptedtigerfan

BigMan15

I'll take booneville losing 21-20 in this one.

WPWells

Scooter2121

Don't talk bad about gizzard fans they can't help they haven't won a state title.

Lacerta agilis

September 12, 2014, 07:04:46 am #7 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:06:35 am by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: Scooter2121 on September 11, 2014, 02:52:08 pm
Don't talk bad about gizzard fans they can't help they haven't won a state title.

What's your obsession with Dardanelle? Is it because of all the crap you posted for 2 years about Danville and couldn't handle it when it was thrown back in your face? Maybe if you had played football you would be a little more knowledgeable of the game and wouldn't embarrass yourself with foolish statements. Or does it go deeper than that? Did a football player take the girl you fancied when you went to Dardanelle? It must be sad to be a bitter little troll.

WPWells

He's this bitter about Charleston too, don't worry. We told him he was wrong on a thread a couple years ago and he got his feelings hurt

Lacerta agilis

He's bitter about Ola also, and he went to school there too. Maybe he just didn't fit in anywhere, hence the bitterness. Maybe Scooter needs a hug.

bearcat1983

Any idea what Dardenelle radio station the game is on or is there a link for Booneville radio ?

Lacerta agilis

September 12, 2014, 09:11:55 am #11 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:14:28 am by Lacerta agilis
KWTX AM, I'm not sure of the web address, but it was broadcast on the web last year.

OLDSCHOOL82

How much rain did dardy get?  I know the field doesnt drain exceptionally well.

Lacerta agilis

We are getting a pretty good rain this morning.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 12, 2014, 10:44:26 am

Radar looks like it may rain all day.  Well dang, there goes our unveil of our new spread passing attack offense!

Lacerta agilis

Maybe it will stop soon. I would LOVE to see Booneville's new spread/pass attack tonight!

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 12, 2014, 10:49:37 am
Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 12, 2014, 10:44:26 am

Radar looks like it may rain all day.  Well dang, there goes our unveil of our new spread passing attack offense!
well dang, I was looking forward to seeing that

Billy the Kid

Booneville-35 Dardanelle-14
Them some baaaaaad boys from Booneville.

catdaddy

Can someone tell me where I can listen to this game. Online or radio?

catfish1

Legend

I havent seen the Booneville fans this quiet in a long time. Crickets on the 3A and 4a threads! They got taken to the wood shed tonite. What happend tonite and what does this say about the rest of the season. Could Paris sneak up and beat the Bearcats?

WPWells

catfish1

Booneville on the Ropes for sure I did not see this coming

Radiotalker

OLDSCHOOL82

Rough night for the cats against the best Dardanelle team I have ever seen.  This was non conference and not the end of the world.  We made no improvements from week 1.  Two more weeks and we get a couple back.  If we don't fix a couple major problems then the big games will be interesting.

adaptedtigerfan

Thanks for being honest OLDSCHOOL and not coming on and making excuses.

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardy will win the 4-4A no contest.  If they stay focused and don't pull a Dardanelle then they will make a deep run in the playoffs.

WPWells

+1 OLDSCHOOL, I was rooting for y'all. I really wanted a battle of undefeateds week 9. Thank you for accepting your loss in a classy way

BUCK FEVER

Loses have a way of humbling...........who knows, Charleston has a long season ahead of them, stranger things have happened.

WPWells

SandRattler

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 11, 2014, 09:38:20 am
AdaptedTigger you didn't hurt my feelings

catbacker76

Dardanelle came to play and they have a very good team. Truth be told had Dardanelle not had so many mistakes, penalties and such it could have been worse. Good luck To Dardanelle i do believe they are going to be conference champs.

elmerfudd

This game was a lot worse than the score indicates, which was bad enough. Dardanelle is stout this year and they wanted it more tonight. The Cats have some major soul searching to do. Two weeks in a row they show up flat with no heart. Hands on their hips throughout the entire game. Walking on and off the field. Players making selfish, bonehead decisions off the field that are costing their teammates on the field.

Seems like the Cats think they just need to show up after winning state last year. Honestly, I'm glad we lost. Humble pie was served on a silver platter and I think that's just what we needed.

rattlerfan17

I want to add my congrats to Dardanelle tonight. They played well. RB for your team is exceptionally quick. Great QB as well. Saw several different looks on offense and they were all executed efficiently. I remember one play in particular near the end where Dardanelle's QB fumbled and recovered then ran it in for a TD. As someone else said, if Dardanelle hadn't made some mistakes this game could've been a lt worse.

Cats offensive line is going to have to improve a lot in the next couple weeks or Charleston will have its way with us. Also, Lamar is looking good. Always have been a fan of Jones' work, and unless Btown does some major improving of the offensive line, it will be a lot tougher of a year than we could've predicted.

rattlerfan17

I agree EF. Probably the best game we could've picked to lose if we'd have had a choice.

snoopy22

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: catbacker76 on September 12, 2014, 11:09:55 pm
Dardanelle came to play and they have a very good team. Truth be told had Dardanelle not had so many mistakes, penalties and such it could have been worse. Good luck To Dardanelle i do believe they are going to be conference champs.
I think our boys wanted this one pretty bad. Great win against a great program. Good luck to Booneville as well.

Iron Owl

Quote from: elmerfudd on September 12, 2014, 11:39:32 pm
This game was a lot worse than the score indicates, which was bad enough. Dardanelle is stout this year and they wanted it more tonight. The Cats have some major soul searching to do. Two weeks in a row they show up flat with no heart. Hands on their hips throughout the entire game. Walking on and off the field. Players making selfish, bonehead decisions off the field that are costing their teammates on the field.

Seems like the Cats think they just need to show up after winning state last year. Honestly, I'm glad we lost. Humble pie was served on a silver platter and I think that's just what we needed.
I feel your pain Sir....Hamburg spanked us last week, and we had a lot of soul searching to do this week heading to Dumas.  The Bearcats will improve, and I am sure be ready for the showdown week #9

OLDSCHOOL82

Looking at week 9 is part of the problem.  Heck,  they've been looking at week 15!  Week 3 is next and is all that matters.

Iron Owl

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 13, 2014, 11:43:54 am
Looking at week 9 is part of the problem.  Heck,  they've been looking at week 15!  Week 3 is next and is all that matters.
I can understand how that happens as well.  Was the Sandlizards that good, or did Booneville just not show up?

elmerfudd

Quote from: Iron Owl on September 13, 2014, 05:54:41 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 13, 2014, 11:43:54 am
I can understand how that happens as well.  Was the Sandlizards that good, or did Booneville just not show up?

Both

Legend

At least this humbling loss came in week 2 and not in the playoffs. Wasnt a conference game so dont put that much into it.

OLDSCHOOL82

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: catfish1 on September 12, 2014, 09:56:25 pm

Generally good 4A teams will beat good 3A teams. Dardanelle was #12 in 4A last week and probably will climb.

Lacerta agilis

September 14, 2014, 08:00:11 pm #44 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:08:06 pm by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 14, 2014, 06:18:16 pm

Generally good 4A teams will beat good 3A teams. Dardanelle was #12 in 4A last week and probably will climb.

I'm not sure I buy that since Booneville ruled the 4A last year and returned a lot. I think last year's Dardanelle team was similar to Booneville's 2012 team. A young team that was pretty good, and got bigger, stronger, and more experienced going into the next season.  A lot of people think Dardanelle won because Booneville is down or overlooked us. I believe the team we had on the field Friday night versus the Booneville team that dominated us last year would have been one heck of a game. I'm not going to say Dardanelle is better than Booneville was last year, but I will say our team this year is much better than it was last year. 3A better not sleep on the Bearcats.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 14, 2014, 08:00:11 pm
Generally good 4A teams will beat good 3A teams.

I'm not sure I buy
[/quote][/i][/i]

You think good 3A teams are generally better than good 4A teams?

OLDSCHOOL82

I'm not sure I buy that since Booneville ruled the 4A last year and returned a lot. I think last year's Dardanelle team was similar to Booneville's 2012 team. A young team that was pretty good, and got bigger, stronger, and more experienced going into the next season.  A lot of people think Dardanelle won because Booneville is down or overlooked us. I believe the team we had on the field Friday night versus the Booneville team that dominated us last year would have been one heck of a game. I'm not going to say Dardanelle is better than Booneville was last year, but I will say our team this year is much better than it was last year. 3A better not sleep on the Bearcats.

Forget about comparing to last year as the teams will never face each other.  Dardanelle was jr laden last year and you could see it.  Very talented group if they stay focused.  Boonevilles not down talent wise.  The boys have not had that hunger that is necassary for success yet.  This is a fork in the road for the boys.  Are they going to right the ship and play to their ability? Or, are they ok with mediocrity?  We will see.

The Coach

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 15, 2014, 08:35:00 am

Forget about comparing to last year as the teams will never face each other.  Dardanelle was jr laden last year and you could see it.  Very talented group if they stay focused.  Boonevilles not down talent wise.  The boys have not had that hunger that is necassary for success yet.  This is a fork in the road for the boys.  Are they going to right the ship and play to their ability? Or, are they ok with mediocrity?  We will see.

Dardanelle has a lot of JR's playing this year as well.  To good groups back to back.

SandRattler

Quote from: The Coach on September 16, 2014, 09:07:06 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 15, 2014, 08:35:00 am

Last year most of our Offense was sophomores and yes lots of JR on defense. We have some sophomores playing this year as well. Great group of young men.

Dardanelle has a lot of JR's playing this year as well.  To good groups back to back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas