• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover VS Gurdon.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, September 06, 2014, 11:29:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner?

Smackover.
28 (80%)
Gurdon.
7 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

So. What happen to Gurdon last night?

KOJACK

RabidWolf

Smackover should run was with this one. Left Fort Worth as soon as I got off work and walked into Gurdon's stadium 1 minute into the 2nd.

Basically, Gutdon got whipped. They couldn't run the ball. #8, who the PA guy kept calling Peyton Manning, completed like 3-4 passes the entire game, oline couldn't block anyone, and defense was terrible on pass coverage.

They have one huge linemen, but he's so slow and can't really block. Number 3 was pretty fast but could never get into the open.

They stand about as much chance against the Bucks as Nicholls did against the Hogs. Just saying. 

KOJACK

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 06, 2014, 08:33:04 pm
Smackover should run was with this one. Left Fort Worth as soon as I got off work and walked into Gurdon's stadium 1 minute into the 2nd.

Basically, Gutdon got whipped. They couldn't run the ball. #8, who the PA guy kept calling Peyton Manning, completed like 3-4 passes the entire game, oline couldn't block anyone, and defense was terrible on pass coverage.

They have one huge linemen, but he's so slow and can't really block. Number 3 was pretty fast but could never get into the open.

They stand about as much chance against the Bucks as Nicholls did against the Hogs. Just saying.
I think the Curley Wolves had a lot to do with how Gurdon looked. They will be a solid 2A team. If Smackover comes in flat and uninterested, we will be seeing post about terrible officiating, terrible coaching and terrible sportsmanship from old man buck. Js

Mohawk 54

I agree with you Kojack, Prescott look very good last night. Wish we would of give  you'll more of a game. Congrats to you'll and good luck the rest of the year.

RabidWolf

Gurdon has tough opening stretch with Prescott at home, then head to smackover, then back from for Glen Rose. Should be more than prepared when they get to
Conference play. Can't see much competition outside of Dierks in that conf. Could Murfreesboro surprise some teams or is Strong that down this year?

THA TRUTH

BUCK FEVER

September 06, 2014, 11:47:59 pm #8 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:49:35 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: KOJACK on September 06, 2014, 09:36:17 pm
Quote from: RabidWolf on September 06, 2014, 08:33:04 pm

I think the Curley Wolves had a lot to do with how Gurdon looked. They will be a solid 2A team. If Smackover comes in flat and uninterested, we will be seeing post about terrible officiating, terrible coaching and terrible sportsmanship from old man buck. Js

Now that"s a low blow, I don"t see where old Buck said anything like that last night, But that"s ok,.............I"m not anticipating any excuses next friday, and made none last night, .................stated a couple facts maybe, but not excuses. ............we were down by 7 points with 1 min. and change left in the game, to a high quality team that has not lost a game in  3 years , back to back state champions with everyone  back,...playing at there house...........why make excuses,? the last team that played  them lost 60-0  in the championship game..........Bucks have no reason to hang there head, that game will only make them better.

bleudog

September 07, 2014, 07:39:25 am #9 Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:56:06 am by bleudog
Got to back bucky up on that one.

While some of his pregame comments in the JC threads were, shall we say, off-the-wall, his post game comments (IMHO) have tended to be we within the reasonable range. 

Now PB (who I'm guessing is somewhere around half bucky's age) on the other hand was a different story when it came to post game comments.

BUCK FEVER

http://wehco.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=RWxETlRpbWVzLzIwMTQvMDkvMDcjQXIwMDcwMw%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

Proud Buckaroo

BUCK FEVER

Bucks by 20 plus......anything less than 20 is a disappointment.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on September 09, 2014, 10:24:28 pm
i'd say less than 40 is bad. prescott blew them out and the bucks are way better than anyone in south arkansas in 3a anyway. i would say anything less than a shutout and 40+ point win would call for a meeting at the barber shop.

hotdog7

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 08:07:26 am
i'd say less than 40 is bad. prescott blew them out and the bucks are way better than anyone in south arkansas in 3a anyway. i would say anything less than a shutout and 40+ point win would call for a meeting at the barber shop.

way better than anyone is south Arkansas in 3a???? lol yea that sounds good, but id pump my brakes before I made that statement

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hotdog7 on September 10, 2014, 08:16:10 am
Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 08:07:26 am

way better than anyone is south Arkansas in 3a???? lol yea that sounds good, but id pump my brakes before I made that statement
who is better?

hotdog7

September 10, 2014, 08:51:15 am #16 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:53:22 am by hotdog7
hmmm...  lets try that Prescott team that mercy ruled gurdon the other night....  they even gave smackover a run last year when they were no good aka 6-6.  don't get me wrong I think smack town is good but im not gonna crown them king of the south they did just show that they aren't invincible.  but that jus my opinion, but "if you wanna crown them, then crown their @$5ess" (dennis green voice) lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hotdog7 on September 10, 2014, 08:51:15 am
hmmm...  lets try that Prescott team that mercy ruled gurdon the other night....  they even gave smackover a run last year when were no good.  don't get me wrong I think smack town is good but im not gonna crown them king of the south they did just show that they aren't invincible.  but that jus my opinion, but "if you wanna crown them, then crown their @$5ess" (dennis green voice) lol
you're only good because you're out of the conference with mcgeheee and smackover. if you were still with us you would be 3rd or 4th.

hotdog7

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 08:53:16 am
hmmm...  lets try that Prescott team that mercy ruled gurdon the other night....  they even gave smackover a run last year when were no good.  don't get me wrong I think smack town is good but im not gonna crown them king of the south they did just show that they aren't invincible.  but that jus my opinion, but "if you wanna crown them, then crown their @$5ess" (dennis green voice) lol
you're only good because you're out of the conference with mcgeheee and smackover. if you were still with us you would be 3rd or 4th.

conference hasn't started yet bro....  and if my aunt had balls she'd b my uncle  (per kojack)..  mcgehee was the only team from that conference that beat us twice (one game a fluke  :-\, one game a beat down :'() in two years and they may be down this year (no shade).  Prescott would prolly be playing for that title if we stayed in that conf. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hotdog7 on September 10, 2014, 09:05:14 am

conference hasn't started yet bro....  and if my aunt had balls she'd b my uncle  (per kojack)..  mcgehee was the only team from that conference that beat us twice (one game a fluke  :-\, one game a beat down :'() in two years and they may be down this year (no shade).  Prescott would prolly be playing for that title if we stayed in that conf.
you wouldn't beat mcgehee this year either.

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 09:07:25 am

That's easy to say since we aren't playing. I think you guys got other issues than Prescott to be worrying about.  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KOJACK on September 10, 2014, 10:05:22 am

That's easy to say since we aren't playing. I think you guys got other issues than Prescott to be worrying about.  ;D
cmon let me have fun with the rookie. wasn't talking to you or snoop. you know i have nothing but respect for you guys. mcgehee will be fine. same team from last year. 2 key starters out right now will be back for conference. hamburg is a good 4a team with huge guys playing one way. hard for a small team to compete with them in the heat. 

snoopy22

hotdog7

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 10:09:39 am
Quote from: KOJACK on September 10, 2014, 10:05:22 am

cmon let me have fun with the rookie. wasn't talking to you or snoop. you know i have nothing but respect for you guys. mcgehee will be fine. same team from last year. 2 key starters out right now will be back for conference. hamburg is a good 4a team with huge guys playing one way. hard for a small team to compete with them in the heat.

rookie of the year  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

just having a little fun with you hotdog. i have a lot of respect for your program.

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 10:40:34 am
just having a little fun with you hotdog. i have a lot of respect for your program.
As we do for yours Oldman. When are you guys expecting your 2 hurt kids back in full swing?

HeadBussa08

hmmm...  lets try that Prescott team that mercy ruled gurdon the other night....  they even gave smackover a run last year when they were no good aka 6-6.  don't get me wrong I think smack town is good but im not gonna crown them king of the south they did just show that they aren't invincible.  but that jus my opinion, but "if you wanna crown them, then crown their @$5ess" (dennis green voice) lol
+1 and a LOL

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KOJACK on September 10, 2014, 11:03:31 am
As we do for yours Oldman. When are you guys expecting your 2 hurt kids back in full swing?
i heard by conference. we need cool weather and 3a teams.

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2014, 01:04:43 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on September 10, 2014, 11:03:31 am
i heard by conference. we need cool weather and 3a teams.

twss (that's what Smackover said) a little after 10:00 pm last Friday.   ;D

hotdog7

I have much respect for your program as well

Ball Hawk

Does Smackover know they are 3A now?

Proud Buckaroo

What does playing non-conference games against 2A opponents have to do with anything?

BUCK FEVER

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ball Hawk on September 11, 2014, 05:26:29 pm
Does Smackover know they are 3A now?

At least they didn't schedule Hermitage and Western Yell this year....

Proud Buckaroo

RabidWolf

Who is the Bucks 3 non conf game?

BUCK FEVER

Proud Buckaroo

Buckaroo4Life06

Smackover is about to run over Gurdon in the Wishbone tonight

KnuckIfYouBuck

Dewayne and Jordan Jones both go off tonight and put up some big numbers. Bucks 42-7

bleudog

Hawgeye

Quote from: bleudog on September 12, 2014, 09:48:40 pm
Score ???

I've got a friend on Facebook from Smackover and he posted 29-6 Smackover at the half

Hawgeye

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

I really give Gurdon credit. They never gave up. Good game guys. Good luck the rest of the season.

BUCK FEVER

September 12, 2014, 11:13:16 pm #45 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:07:19 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2014, 11:05:21 pm
I really give Gurdon credit. They never gave up. Good game guys. Good luck the rest of the season.

They played hard till the last snap..........but lets face the facts, our reserves played 95% of the second half O & D..............
Starting offense could have named there score in this one, the horses were called of the race track early, don't blame them, this game mean"t nothing but a W.

Proud Buckaroo

Their quarterback was throwing the ball way too soon every time. He never really let his recievers run their routes. I completely agree with you on it could have been any score. I just wanted to give them credit was all.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2014, 05:02:12 am
Their quarterback was throwing the ball way too soon every time. He never really let his recievers run their routes. I completely agree with you on it could have been any score. I just wanted to give them credit was all.

Yep , but he had know choice but to fling it asap..... he had heat on him all night.

there defense scored on a pic six just before half.......and there  pass play near the end of game  was basically against no defense at all.

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on September 13, 2014, 08:14:44 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 13, 2014, 05:02:12 am

Yep , but he had know choice but to fling it asap..... he had heat on him all night.

there defense scored on a pic six just before half.......and there  pass play near the end of game  was basically against no defense at all.
Yep

Hawgeye

How is the Smackover QB?

Had heard he left the game in the first half with an injury. That could loom big getting into conference play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas