• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best game your school has ever played in?

Started by RabidWolf, August 10, 2014, 01:26:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootie

Best game I ever witnessed in person, McGehee vs Prescott 2012.. Great game with a lot on the line as well.

Doesn't by any means that was the best game in McGehee history. Just the best one I had the pleasure of attending.

RabidWolf

I agree. That was a fantastic game. Prescott just couldn't take that bulldozer of a fullback y'all had. He had to average 6+ a carry.

MR#1

(1) Rison beats Shiloh Christian in state finals (2000).

(2) Rison beats Barton in state finals (1990).

Those two wins ended long winning streaks.

(3) Horatio beats Rison in the 1985 Class A semi-finals. (I've often wondered if the result would have been different on a dry field (i.e., a faster track).)

Anyway, ... cool thread!

Hootie

Quote from: RabidWolf on August 23, 2014, 03:12:53 am
I agree. That was a fantastic game. Prescott just couldn't take that bulldozer of a fullback y'all had. He had to average 6+ a carry.

He ran like a mack truck and played fantastic in that game.

RabidWolf

What happened to him? Did he go play anywhere? He was a very good on the dline also if I remember correctly.

Hootie

Quote from: RabidWolf on August 23, 2014, 06:36:47 pm
What happened to him? Did he go play anywhere? He was a very good on the dline also if I remember correctly.

He went to UAM but I don't know what happened there.

Lions84

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 10, 2014, 02:30:48 pm
2nd Round of the 2000 Playoffs
Junction City @ Charleston
Dragons trailed 21-14 late in the 4th quarter, but have the ball trying to tie the game. They're getting big chunks of yardage with their Wishbone attack. They get in the red zone, and for some strange reason, Coach Carpenter calls a pass play to the end zone. Jeff Long of Charleston intercepts the ball 3 yards deep, and races 103 yards for the touchdown.
Final score:
Tigers 28. Dragons 14

Dragon fans still get sick over that one.

Lions84

State Finals 1972/73 I fuzzy about the year. We made the state finals and lost to Lake Village.

glenrose2008

2007 State Title Game. Glen Rose vs. Shiloh. 35-34 in OT. Glen Rose went for two to seal the deal.

Big Red Fan 54

2003 Rivercrest vs Central Arkansas Christian. CAC with 30 seconds left ran a hook and ladder play from the 30 or 35 yard line. Chad Hardin stood him up at the 3 with Marcus Arnold there to finish him off. For a 10-7 win in the quarterfinals that year. Great game to have been a part of. Most dramatic finish.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Lions84 on August 25, 2014, 02:25:13 pm
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 10, 2014, 02:30:48 pm
2nd Round of the 2000 Playoffs
Junction City @ Charleston
Dragons trailed 21-14 late in the 4th quarter, but have the ball trying to tie the game. They're getting big chunks of yardage with their Wishbone attack. They get in the red zone, and for some strange reason, Coach Carpenter calls a pass play to the end zone. Jeff Long of Charleston intercepts the ball 3 yards deep, and races 103 yards for the touchdown.
Final score:
Tigers 28. Dragons 14

Dragon fans still get sick over that one.

Yea he didn't make that same mistake the next year in another classic between the teams I think hat final was 32-27 jc I was 11 for that game

Danvillegrad77

Here's an old school one.  Danville v Mineral Springs 1974 1st round of Class B playoffs.  MS scores in the 1st qtr to take a 7-0 lead that is the only score until the 4Th qtr.  They missed either 2 or 3 field goals during the game and our offense could do nothing against their quick defense.  Fourth quarter 2 minutes left in game, we have the ball on our own 20.  We throw about a 1o yard hook pass to Barry Mobley who laterals the ball to a streaking Justin Welch who carries it all the way for a TD.  The hook and lateral play, practiced all year and never used before.  Asst Coach Emmet Marlowe said later that Justin would have never outrun the MS defensive backs on any other occasion, but there was no way they were going to catch him on that field.  Coach Hugh Parker chose to run for the 2 pt conversion and the win which we made.  One interesting thing is in the weekly paper there is a picture of Barry catching the pass before he pitches it and when we watched the film you can see the photographer as he snaps the picture.  This led to our state title that year.  We won it on a snowy field at Estes Stadium against Gillette, another memory for one was just a sophomore watching more than playing at that time.

tiger2016

The best game I think was back in 2011 back in the semifinals of the 3A playoffs, Charleston vs Fountain Lake. We were toe to toe with them, they took the lead with 2 minutes left in the game. We come down and score back. That game was so great.

WPWells

Good try but that's not even close to how the game played out

tiger2016

Well that was the only close game that I have been to that ended in a win other than 2012 Glen Rose vs Charleston.

WPWells

I was saying your description of the game wasn't how it actually went

RTF

Be careful talking about Charleston games.. these guys know how EVERY game went play to play... lol

THA TRUTH

4th and 40

2008 state title game  FL vs Chs charleston was the underdog they were heavily under rated and FL was way over rated,FL previously beat lavca 70-0 thats when "charleston should just be satisfied with runner up" it was a great for a tiger fan at least!!!!!! chs47-20

OB11

Quote from: Big Red Fan 54 on September 07, 2014, 11:02:26 am
2003 Rivercrest vs Central Arkansas Christian. CAC with 30 seconds left ran a hook and ladder play from the 30 or 35 yard line. Chad Hardin stood him up at the 3 with Marcus Arnold there to finish him off. For a 10-7 win in the quarterfinals that year. Great game to have been a part of. Most dramatic finish.

In 2002 Rivercrest went to Nashville for the semi's and won it (some might say Nashville lost it) on a missed chip shot field goal from about the 13 as time expired.  I felt so bad for Nashville's kicker.  They had to literally carry him off of the field.  That was a great game the whole way through. 

Clara Allen

2005. Lamar-Clarksville.  After an 0fer season the year before, the Warriors had to beat the Panthers for a shot at the playoffs- the first time in the history of the school. In front of a nearly 4500 people, we beat them 16-8.

2008.  Lamar-Charleston semi-finals.  A very hard fought game on both sides  charleston won I believe 28-21 and went on to win state

2009.  Lamar-Paris.   Last game of the season we took on the AAA at the beginning of the game, we were looking at all of our games being vacated because of allegations of an illegible player.  The seniors on the team wanted to make what could be their last high school game.  We smoked them to the tune of 51-21.  This was the first game I took pictures on the sidelines. It was very exciting!

Sick Dog

Junction City running on the field to kick a field goal against Des Arc to win the State Championship and start the dynasty, Mt. Ida beating the almighty Bearden Unbeatable Bears, Hope beating PB Dollarway afree Dollarway winning State the year before in 1980 something, Rison beating Barton, Prescott beating Nashville for the State Championship Gurdon getting beat n first round every year, just to name a few

Sick Dog

I know none of these where my school but just the best I remember and add Shiloh vs. JC

Clara Allen

Quote from: Danvillegrad77 on September 08, 2014, 01:07:28 pm
Here's an old school one.  Danville v Mineral Springs 1974 1st round of Class B playoffs.  MS scores in the 1st qtr to take a 7-0 lead that is the only score until the 4Th qtr.  They missed either 2 or 3 field goals during the game and our offense could do nothing against their quick defense.  Fourth quarter 2 minutes left in game, we have the ball on our own 20.  We throw about a 1o yard hook pass to Barry Mobley who laterals the ball to a streaking Justin Welch who carries it all the way for a TD.  The hook and lateral play, practiced all year and never used before.  Asst Coach Emmet Marlowe said later that Justin would have never outrun the MS defensive backs on any other occasion, but there was no way they were going to catch him on that field.  Coach Hugh Parker chose to run for the 2 pt conversion and the win which we made.  One interesting thing is in the weekly paper there is a picture of Barry catching the pass before he pitches it and when we watched the film you can see the photographer as he snaps the picture.  This led to our state title that year.  We won it on a snowy field at Estes Stadium against Gillette, another memory for one was just a sophomore watching more than playing at that time.

I was totally at that game, except on the other side!   A heartbreaker for Mineral to be sure!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas