• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday and Saturday predictions for the state tournament

Started by redfire75, March 07, 2014, 07:00:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redfire75

Ok, next round. I realize that we still have 1 boys and girls game left from first round action, but if we wait until the finish of the Dollarway/PG game to get over around 330, then we won't have much time for discussion.
Boys
Lonoke defeats CAC in a close game-CAC is playing really good right now, but as I stated in the game with Lonoke and Pottsville, the home court advantage is worth a lot. Lonoke by 2.
Maumelle Defeats Nashville. good run for Nashville, but I think Maumelle will be too much, Maumelle by 8
Brookland defeats Lincoln. Lincoln played good at home in regionals, but your not in Lincoln anymore. Brookland by 8
Dollarway/PG winner should be Dollarway. If I'm right, then I predict Dollarway defeating Monticello by 4.
I don't make girls picks as I don't follow them as much, but knock yourself out if you want to post girls.

WPWells

Well, on my bracket I had Pottsville over CAC...but I'll go with the Mustangs here
Maumelle over Nashville: Maumelle wins state
Brookland over Lincoln
Monticello over Dollarway

On the girls side
Malvern
Farmington
Ozark
CAC

Jacketman65

Don't count D-Way out, they are very athletic and seem to be able to turn it up when they need it.

redfire75

I have Dollarway making it to the final 4 and getting defeated by Brookland.

THE D.O.C

March 07, 2014, 10:49:59 am #4 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:14:42 am by THE D.O.C
Girls: Friday predictions

Brookland vs Prairie Grove: Brookland's defense will help them create a lead early but I think PG's seniors will limit turnovers and win this one late. Prairie Grove by 7

Malvern vs Berryville: I think Berryville will come out with nothing to lose and give Malvern a test early but Malvern's defense will come in to play. Malvern by 5

Farmington vs Lonoke: This game will have Farmington as the home seed but Lonoke is hosting the tournament and will be at home. Lonoke has a long athletic team even at the point. Home court advantage will come into play with this on but Farmington pulls it out. Farmington by 5.

Saturday prediction:

Valley View vs Ozark: Saw Ozark play last night and they are impressive. They had a good game plan limiting Nashville's shot opportunities. I don't think this will be the case with Valley View, they have far more than just one weapon. I look for this game to be close. Valley View by 1

CAC vs Brookland/PG: I predicted a CAC/PG matchup in this one. Size will be the factor in side. Key: will Beeks be able to handle Jones inside. This game will have 2 good coaches and should be a good one. This will be the battle of matchups.

BrickShooter

I'll give you my boys predictions:
Maumelle over Nashville by 12 - just too much talent on Maumelle for Nashville to continue their run
Brookland over Lincoln by 7 - honestly don't know much about either of these teams but I'll roll with the higher seed
Dollarway/PG over Monticello by 3 - I'm banking on Dollarway coming out of the first round game, this game will feature high quality athletes all over the floor
CAC over Lonoke by 5 - don't like the fact that this is a road game, but I'm going with the hotter team and better defensive team to pull this one out late

doober3

Dollarway looks like they are practicing against a Jr. High team in this game vs PG.  Just watching the feed for the last half of the 2nd Qtr.  Not much of a game.

NEA Razorback olfan

zebrafan

Dway 55
PG 35

End of 3

Dway vs Monticello should be a good one

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland girls over a very tough pg team in OT 59-52
Beeks is a great player, both teams battled hard , the Lady Bearcats turned up the defense the last 5 min of the game went on a 11-0 run
Pg tied it up with 6 sec left in regulation. Both teams had no quit in them, as they fought hard, both determined to pull out a (W).
Brookland had 4 players reach double digits in scoring.

Shady

I'll go with CAC and Valley View tomorrow in girls

redfire75

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 07, 2014, 03:24:45 pm
D-way is very good!!
They are very good. And Brookland defeated them by a good margin in Regionals, so the competition here in the final 8 should be really good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas