• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4A-North @ Lincoln

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:25:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

February 27, 2014, 09:54:33 pm #100 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:57:36 pm by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: ChoralScholar on February 27, 2014, 07:29:42 pm
StevenGlen and I had a quite tasty Wild Hawg pizza at Jim's Razorback Pizza in Prairie Grove.

Right now we're watching Farmington girls take care of business vs. Dover.  Farmington is up 40-9 with 2:30 to play in the half.

Believe me, Booneville knew that pain. Farmington thrashed us early in the season.

I expected Dover to do a lot better than that, though. 

Oh well, the 4-4A gals will get 'em back in softball.

4AWhistler

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 27, 2014, 09:54:33 pm
Quote from: ChoralScholar on February 27, 2014, 07:29:42 pm
StevenGlen and I had a quite tasty Wild Hawg pizza at Jim's Razorback Pizza in Prairie Grove.

Right now we're watching Farmington girls take care of business vs. Dover.  Farmington is up 40-9 with 2:30 to play in the half.
How is the Subiaco player who hurt his knee?

Believe me, Booneville knew that pain. Farmington thrashed us early in the season.

I expected Dover to do a lot better than that, though. 

Oh well, the 4-4A gals will get 'em back in softball.

4AWhistler

How is the Subiaco player who hurt his knee?

WattsOzark

Oldbadger

Lincoln beats PG in the boys game 47-35.  PG was never in the game. 

4AWhistler

Quote from: Oldbadger on February 28, 2014, 06:44:02 pm
Lincoln beats PG in the boys game 47-35.  PG was never in the game.
Exactly!  Lincoln came out quick and aggressive and controlled the boards and the pace of the game.

MaumelleGuy

Hi guys. I'm new here.  is there anyway to get a live feed of the Maumelle Pottsville game? Will PGtelco be streaming? There isn't anything transmitting now as best I can tell.  Any help is appreciated.

Oldbadger

Quote from: MaumelleGuy on February 28, 2014, 07:39:40 pm
Hi guys. I'm new here.  is there anyway to get a live feed of the Maumelle Pottsville game? Will PGtelco be streaming? There isn't anything transmitting now as best I can tell.  Any help is appreciated.
PGTELCO has been streaming all the games with Lincoln, Farmington or PG teams in the games, but I'm not sure of the games where those schools are not involved.  They have all been on the Lincoln streaming site.  Check there and see.  Right now the Farmington girls and Berryville girls are playing and it is being streamed.  Other than that, I don 't know.

MaumelleGuy

Quote from: Oldbadger on February 28, 2014, 07:53:44 pm
Quote from: MaumelleGuy on February 28, 2014, 07:39:40 pm
PGTELCO has been streaming all the games with Lincoln, Farmington or PG teams in the games, but I'm not sure of the games where those schools are not involved.  They have all been on the Lincoln streaming site.  Check there and see.  Right now the Farmington girls and Berryville girls are playing and it is being streamed.  Other than that, I don 't know.

Great! thank you

Oldbadger

Hey, Maumelleguy, I can't find it on any of the streaming sites for PGTELCO.  It will be on tomorrow.  If Maumelle wins tonight you will be able to see it on the Lincoln streaming site on PGTELCO.

4AWhistler

Quote from: Oldbadger on February 28, 2014, 08:49:50 pm
Hey, Maumelleguy, I can't find it on any of the streaming sites for PGTELCO.  It will be on tomorrow.  If Maumelle wins tonight you will be able to see it on the Lincoln streaming site on PGTELCO.
I believe each school had to pay a $50 fee for Lincoln to be able to transmit.  All that money goes to AAA.

redfire75

Pottsville 40 maumelle 37 at half

4AWhistler

redfire75

Nip/Tusk

You Lincoln people are delirious. Pg played horrible and was down 5 points at halftime. What do you mean pg was never in it???

4AWhistler

February 28, 2014, 10:39:50 pm #115 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:12:26 pm by 4AWhistler
Quote from: Perry Grove on February 28, 2014, 10:18:35 pm
You Lincoln people are delirious. Pg played horrible and was down 5 points at halftime. What do you mean pg was never in it???
I don't want to put words into Oldbadger's mouth, but I think maybe he's referring to how Lincoln kept PG from playing the type of game they wanted to play.

Did you ever consider that the team that wins often makes the team that lost play 'horrible'?

Nip/Tusk

I already said in the other thread Lincoln wanted it more. But to say pg was never in it is misleading.

Jacketman65

Congrats to the winners and I must say that Lincoln is a surprise to me.  12th man  and B- Ball 13, you did a lot of talking early and I gave you your time but your boys lost and good luck next year.  It is obvious that you don't have the best coaching staff in the 4-a.  Sometimes coaches can not coach talent and talent can not be coached!  Maumell.  Keep on  :) :) :)

Oldbadger

Quote from: Perry Grove on February 28, 2014, 10:53:14 pm
I already said in the other thread Lincoln wanted it more. But to say pg was never in it is misleading.
I really meant mentally.  Once Lincoln removed the effect of the big guy for PG they could not run their offense.  Lincoln for certain has been playing the last two games the best of the year and Lincoln's big guy has finally started playing to his potential.  PG seemed to not play as well as I saw them play in the District tournament.  They are better than what I saw last night.  Lincoln will be sorely tested tonight.  By the way, I don't speak for Lincoln, I speak for myself and what I witness.  I live in Arkadelphia and watched the game on live streaming.

Nip/Tusk

March 01, 2014, 08:24:00 am #119 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:26:20 am by Perry Grove
4a whistler, I'd be willing to bet that Lincoln plays "horrible" tonight. And it was just last week that pg beat Lincoln because of the refs right?  Look, pg did not play a good game and old badger even admitted to that. I gave Lincoln credit and that's that.

Old badger, pg definitely was frustrated. Lincoln punched pg in the mouth (not literally) and once that happened, you're right, the game was never in doubt. But that wasnt till the 3rd qtr. it was a game till then.

It was a good series of 4 games this year between the two teams. 2-2. I think those could play 10 times and probably split 5-5.

THE D.O.C

How did the girls Berryville vs Farmington game turn out?

Nip/Tusk

I know Farmington won. I think by about 5.

WPWells

Because when a 6'7" kid hits 8 contested threes in a game that means that Subiaco got out-coached? Who has a better coaching staff than Subiaco? A kid knocked down 8 contested threes and another kid was hitting them from NBA range with a hand in his face. Subiaco had a ton of shots just go in and out. I guess you don't care to watch the games, do you? I'd take Tim Tencleve and Randy Terry over whatever joker you have any day. He didn't even make regionals

12th Man out

Nip/Tusk

Lincoln beat you two times in two years at regionals. Out coached and out played.

How do you not know the 6'7 does nothing but bomb 3s? And many of those 8 were not contested. In fact, they were leaving him to double the post players at times. Unexplainable.

Ballplayer

Agree, listen I've heard good things about the subi coach, but I was there thursday and they never adjusted to Lincoln, the kid was open the whole game. I'm sure he is a quality coach but he didn't have his kids ready to defend Lincoln

Cameron Crazies

Maybe just maybe the players don't execute the plan all the time..... I promise you that going into the game Subi's players were well aware he could make shots, and to his credit he made shots. To say he was "wide" open all night is simply untrue. He was open a few times in transition which happens with any player, but a few times it looked like he was open but he was 28 foot from the goal and anyone is open there lol. As I said give Lincoln all the credit they made the shots and won the game! IDC if he was wide open bottom line is u have to still put the ball in the basket and they did that very effectively! Subi is a old school man-man team and that's there identity, but sometimes the other guy was just better on that night and Lincoln was congrats to them! Everyone knew that was the toughest first round game playing Lincoln at Lincoln. They were obviously the best team in that conference with the 1 seed going in to district tournament and now in finals of region kind of hard to argue that! As I said earlier in the year Subi, Maumelle, Pottsville all 3 could make a deep run and could have but Subi draw was not good. Subi played Maumelle tough 3 times and took 2 out of 3 from Pottsville, so lets not act like they not one of the better teams they got beat by the best team in the other conference on there home court with a little better draw could have been the regional finals! Congrats to Lincoln and good luck tonight, but IMO seeing all the teams many times you are facing clearly the best team in the region! That doesn't mean you wont beat them at home tonight, but Maumelle would beat Lincoln most of time on a neutral floor, as would the other 2 in that conference. Congrats to all the teams you had a great year or you wouldn't been were you are!

Oldbadger

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 01, 2014, 08:24:00 am
4a whistler, I'd be willing to bet that Lincoln plays "horrible" tonight. And it was just last week that pg beat Lincoln because of the refs right?  Look, pg did not play a good game and old badger even admitted to that. I gave Lincoln credit and that's that.

Old badger, pg definitely was frustrated. Lincoln punched pg in the mouth (not literally) and once that happened, you're right, the game was never in doubt. But that wasnt till the 3rd qtr. it was a game till then.

It was a good series of 4 games this year between the two teams. 2-2. I think those could play 10 times and probably split 5-5.
You are right on almost all you said.  Lincoln will have some tough competition tonight, but they are playing the best they have all year.  Going to be a good game and I'll be watching via PGTELCO.  Thank goodness for PGTELCO. 
They are good for the athletics of all three towns.  They allow people like me who live so far away to see teams they are interested it.

4AWhistler

March 01, 2014, 01:41:46 pm #127 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:12:49 pm by 4AWhistler
Just a few stats:

Lincoln returns to the State Tournament for the 2nd year, and was the only 1-4A team to make it there last year.
Lincoln' record is 21-4.
This is the only Lincoln boys' team to make the Regional finals since 1986.
When they win at State after receiving either a 1 or  2 seed, they will be the first Lincoln team to win a State playoff game!!

It's about time to give this team it's due.

WPWells

After seeing the Lincoln-PG and Farmington-Gravette games at district last week I came away thinking that Lincoln was the best of the four and that Subi got a very tough draw. I think tonight will be an awesome game and Lincoln pulls it out with their home court advantage

Bold prediction: the 4A state champion will come out of this region. My prediction is Maumelle but Pottsville, Lincoln, and PG will all be tough outs

4AWhistler

As part of the huge group of Lincoln parents, school staff, coaches, and community leaders, I want to thank the visitors from Pottsville, Subiaco, Maumelle, Farmington, Gravette, Ozark, Berryville, Dover, Mena, Dardanelle, and Waldron for their graciousness and sportsmanship over the last 4 days.  It was a pleasure.

Nip/Tusk

March 01, 2014, 02:41:11 pm #130 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:16:17 pm by Perry Grove
Berryville girls knock off pg girls by 2.

Pottsville boys beat pg by 15 or so.

Game tied at half and then Pottsville just ran away with it.

4AWhistler

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 01, 2014, 02:41:11 pm
Berryville girls knock off pg girls by about 5

Pottsville boys beat pg by 15 or so.

Game tied at half and then Pottsville just ran away with it.
Pottsville 54  PG 36

Nip/Tusk

I'll assume you left pg out for a reason Whistler???

Also don't agree that Lincoln is clearly the best team in 1-4a. Pg beat them on their only neutral court meeting.

razorfan1

I have to agree with 4aWhistler, thanks to all the fans and players from everywhere else but PG. From my observation PG fans were rude.

Got to give the congratulations to Maulmelle and Lincoln for getting into the championship. Two great teams. Lincoln has had an outstanding year and as well as Maulmelle.

PG shoud have been ready to get beat by Lincoln in Regionals as Lincoln only lost by one in district to PG and Lincoln had a terrible first half. Im sure Lincoln will take Regional finals over District finals anyday.

Good luck to both teams tonight.

Nip/Tusk

March 01, 2014, 03:30:17 pm #134 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:34:02 pm by Perry Grove
Yeah. Good thing you guys played us in your gym again since you couldn't beat us the first time around and on a neutral floor.

Not sure what rude encounters you're talking about. But I'll chalk it up to the inferiority complex that is Lincoln. You guys just don't know how to handle success. I get it. You haven't had much of it. Enjoy your beatdown tonight.

You thank every other team but pg?!?!  Unbelievable.

Good luck to your girls at state too. And if you need a loan for that new school and gym, let us know.

Cameron Crazies

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 01, 2014, 03:10:36 pm
I'll assume you left pg out for a reason Whistler???

Also don't agree that Lincoln is clearly the best team in 1-4a. Pg beat them on their only neutral court meeting.
maybe they did but I would like to hear anyone else besides you that truly thinks PG is better than Lincoln? I was at that game in the district tourney and there was about 4 fouls at the end that didn't go Lincoln's way that weren't called, but Lincoln right now is clearly playing better.

Nip/Tusk

No not maybe, they did. It's a fact.

Bottom line, pg won the only neutral court meeting. You may not like it and may wanna blame the refs, but its a fact.

I didnt blame the refs for yesterday's loss. I clearly stated Lincoln played better and clearly wanted it more.

razorfan1

Actually, the Lincoln team is one of the best disaplined team around as they just play team baskettball and actually was the only team in 4a to make it to the state tournament last year and thats with starting all juniors and sophmore. So, they certainly know how to handle success. The Lincoln boys also have the best demeanor on the court in the 4a-1 region. They beat PG both times last year so I do believe the Wolves has proven themselves the better team. Looking at the record the Wolves has proved themselves all year as they are 21-4 and PG just had one good tournament , anyone could have a few good games.

Im pretty sure PG is just pouting because Lincoln has done better in football and baskettball this year than them and I would just bet Lincoln will prevail in baseball too.

As i said, good luck to both teams tonight in the championship. Both are deserving of being there.

WPWells

Like I said, I was an unbiased observer at the PG-Lincoln game in the district tournament and while PG won the game, I came away from there thinking Lincoln was a better team

Cameron Crazies

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 01, 2014, 03:43:51 pm
Like I said, I was an unbiased observer at the PG-Lincoln game in the district tournament and while PG won the game, I came away from there thinking Lincoln was a better team
no doubt and that is why if you ask any coach in the league they would tell you Lincoln is the best team

razorfan1

Actually, I have heard other people from other teams complain about PG fans being so rude, but mainly Ive heard more comments about how some of the pg players whine and mouth. No sportsmanship from a few of the pg players, certainly wont say all of them as their are some very respectful players on the pg.

Whether Lincoln wins or loses tonight they are the best team this year in the 1-4a. Proven by their record and they have advanced farther than anyother team in the 1-4a for the second year in a row.

Nip/Tusk

March 01, 2014, 03:51:24 pm #141 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:54:27 pm by Perry Grove
Hahaha!!!

Last year?  We talking 'bout last year?

Hahahaha

Lets talk about the previous oh I don't know 20 years.

District championship says pg played better when it mattered and earned that title. Went through the mighty wolves and then beat farmington at farmington. Give credit where its due. Guess I shouldn't expect too much from you.

Stay classy wolves.

4AWhistler

Razorfan1, you up for coffee and a braut this evening at the game?

Rusty Shackleford

"Perry Grove"
Quote from: Perry Grove on March 01, 2014, 03:30:17 pm
Not sure what rude encounters you're talking about. But I'll chalk it up to the inferiority complex that is Lincoln. You guys just don't know how to handle success. I get it. You haven't had much of it. Enjoy your beatdown tonight.

You thank every other team but pg?!?!  Unbelievable.

Good luck to your girls at state too. And if you need a loan for that new school and gym, let us know.

I wonder why everyone continues to comment on Prairie Grove's lack of class?  Get off FF son, you're doing nothing but confirm the stereotype.

Nip/Tusk

March 01, 2014, 05:15:56 pm #144 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:17:58 pm by Perry Grove
Go ahead and check the posts bud.

I didnt start this thing. If they can't take it, they shouldn't have dished it.

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 01, 2014, 05:15:56 pm
Go ahead and check the posts bud.

I didnt start this thing. If they can't take it, they shouldn't have dished it.

Be the bigger person then.

Brian G

Time to end this.  Dial yourselves down and don't force me to do it.

Nip/Tusk

Point taken. I was just fixing to say if anybody has a problem with me, to pm and we can discuss.

Oldbadger (a Lincoln diehard) and I had some disagreements during football season but we worked it out and I respect his opinions even though I may not always agree. I really am a reasonable person. Lol

Nip/Tusk

Ozark girls 9
Farmington 15

End of 1

Nip/Tusk

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas