• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Boys

Started by Jimmy42, September 23, 2013, 11:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeCager

I had heard that none of the Lincoln players play football.  I remember asking a Lincoln parent at the end of the season which of their top 6 played football and they told me none do. 

chucktownboys

It's laughable that a flop is considered good fundamentals lol not much effort to that, our players know how to play the game, good luck to Lincoln floppers. We are going to have to stay off the weights,  knocking around those players like that lol

replacementplaya

It is laughable that you are still making excuses  :-*

4AWhistler

Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 26, 2013, 10:39:29 am
I had heard that none of the Lincoln players play football.  I remember asking a Lincoln parent at the end of the season which of their top 6 played football and they told me none do.
Lincoln's starting post player, and their 6th and 7th men are still with football.

WPWells

That's a change of tune from yesterday. It was three starters yesterday

4AWhistler

Quote from: 4AWhistler on November 25, 2013, 10:54:30 pm
Quote from: BossHogg10 on November 25, 2013, 08:53:56 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2013, 08:18:06 pm
How many starters does Lincoln have in football?
3... What about charleston?
Lincoln has 4 still in football, one of which is their starting post player.
Read again.  I never said there were 3 starters still in football.

4AWhistler

One returns this year after ACL tear, so he may work his way back into the starting line up, too.  Lincoln will have a deep bench this year.

yellowjackethooper

Hey Chevelle heard Marshall got y'all last night. How did they look, they are kind of a wildcard in this league down here. Nobody really knows...

69chevelle

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on November 27, 2013, 08:38:48 am
Hey Chevelle heard Marshall got y'all last night. How did they look, they are kind of a wildcard in this league down here. Nobody really knows...

Yeah they beat us 68 to 63, we made some mental errors that cost us the game. Marshall is not bad, I mean they aren't going to run you out of the gym, but they have some kids that will make you pay beyond the arc if you don't stay glued to them.They aren't real big I think there tallest kid was 6'3. their best shooters from what I could see their best shooters were #5,11(6'3 kid) and 23. They seemed to get frustrated when you stay glued to them and that seemed to rattle them. I could see where they would be a wild card, I don't know a whole lot about your guys conf. but they are somebody to not take for granted or they will make you pay. I still believe we should have beat them, but we didn't so hats off to them. Bring on the Turkey and Fixins' Have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!! and save travel also.

WPWells

Quote from: 4AWhistler on November 27, 2013, 07:15:35 am

1. Read Boss Hogg's post
2. You didn't deny it

OldTimeCager

November 27, 2013, 11:40:58 am #110 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:43:25 am by OldTimeCager
Prairie Grove 42 @ Siloam Springs 75

I saw PG vs. SS last night.  Siloam won easily by 30.  Siloam is not very good for a 6A team.  I don't see them winning a game in the 7/6A-West.  Haven't seen Rogers yet, that might be their only win in conference play.  I think even Heritage will beat them this year.

Prairie Grove was unimpressive as well.  #4 Tice is their best player.  No one else impressed.  I see them as an average 1-4A team competing with Berryville, Farmington, and Pea Ridge for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the league.  Should be Lincoln at 1 with Gravette at 2.  Berryville might challenge for the 2nd spot.  Gentry and Ozark at the bottom.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 27, 2013, 11:40:58 am

I saw PG vs. SS last night.  Siloam won easily by 30.  Siloam is not very good for a 6A team.  I don't see them winning a game in the 7/6A-West.  Haven't seen Rogers yet, that might be their only win in conference play.  I think even Heritage will beat them this year.

Prairie Grove was unimpressive as well.  #4 Tice is their best player.  No one else impressed.  I see them as an average 1-4A team competing with Berryville, Farmington, and Pea Ridge for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the league.  Should be Lincoln at 1 with Gravette at 2.  Berryville might challenge for the 2nd spot.  Gentry and Ozark at the bottom.

'How can you judge PG with the footballer in hoops for one week?  PG will be just fine once they get their hoops legs under them.  By the 2nd week of December you will start to see how good a team going to be.

4AWhistler

November 27, 2013, 12:50:52 pm #112 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:53:00 pm by 4AWhistler
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2013, 10:44:58 am
Quote from: 4AWhistler on November 27, 2013, 07:15:35 am

1. Read Boss Hogg's post
2. You didn't deny it
I respectfully corrected BossHogg.

OldTimeCager

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 27, 2013, 11:46:19 am

'How can you judge PG with the footballer in hoops for one week?  PG will be just fine once they get their hoops legs under them.  By the 2nd week of December you will start to see how good a team going to be.

Just my opinion.  Judging everyone else the same way.  I wasn't impressed with them and that was with their football players.  I believe they will be a an above average team in the 1-4A.  Lincoln and Gravette are better.  Berryville Farmington Prairie Grove in the middle.  Maybe Pea Ridge.  And the league is WAY down this year.  Going to be hard to beat Maumelle, Subiaco, Waldron, in the regionals. 

4AWhistler

Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 27, 2013, 01:29:24 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 27, 2013, 11:46:19 am

Just my opinion.  Judging everyone else the same way.  I wasn't impressed with them and that was with their football players.  I believe they will be a an above average team in the 1-4A.  Lincoln and Gravette are better.  Berryville Farmington Prairie Grove in the middle.  Maybe Pea Ridge.  And the league is WAY down this year.  Going to be hard to beat Maumelle, Subiaco, Waldron, in the regionals.
Lincoln, who beat Subiaco last year in Regionals, returns all starters + bench, and add to that a Senior forward who sat out last year with an ACL tear.

OldTimeCager

Obviously it is very early, a lot can change during the season, and anything can happen at regional.  See Lincoln beating Subiaco.  But I think Lincoln is likely to be the only team out of the conference with a win in the regional.  Maumelle, Subiaco and Pottsville all look to be very strong and Waldron should be a force with their mountain of a post player in the middle.  Subiaco had played very well at the end of the year and during their district tournament only to come out flat in their first game at regional.  Best chance the 1-4A will have is the #1 seed beating the #4 seed from down south.  That's my early projection for the regional.

channing

I heard big trotter kid hurt his leg,  anyone have an update on his condition? Hope it isn't serious, he really,had improved a lot over the summer and would hate to see him be out the year

Cajun Hog

Quote from: channing on December 02, 2013, 04:22:16 pm
I heard big trotter kid hurt his leg,  anyone have an update on his condition? Hope it isn't serious, he really,had improved a lot over the summer and would hate to see him be out the year

I heard its a hamstring injury.

OldTimeCager

Troutner, not Trotter.  Not a hamstring.  He is full speed.  Plus Gravette gets back their 6'7" Junior from injury.  He hasn't played in the first 4 games.

channing

Gravette is gonna run through the 1-4 a this year I'm afraid.  Now take this with a grain of salt ,but i watched back the replay of PG/Greenland and I thought PG looked really a lot better, they scored 31 in the first quarter.I know it was Greenland but I saw some really good players out there. Ty tice, really quick and good scoring guard. They have couple of juniors in Smith #1 and Pursell #00 who can play ,and Storlie will get in bball shape soon. Anybody else see what i think I saw?

Cajun Hog

Charleston beat Farmington by 3 in Van Buren Tournament.

Nip/Tusk

Didn't see that one coming.

Is farmington that down? I know charleston is usually pretty good, but still playing football.

WPWells

Charleston only has two starters right now

replacementplaya

Combonation of 2 things.  Charleston has a really good Jr class.  And Farmington is down.  Anytime you are relying on a freshman to come up and produce right away, it probably doesn't look good.  Don't get me wrong, that freshman is really good, but compared to the recent past and what they are used to, Farmington is down

OldTimeCager

Quote from: channing on December 03, 2013, 03:50:33 pm
Gravette is gonna run through the 1-4 a this year I'm afraid.  Now take this with a grain of salt ,but i watched back the replay of PG/Greenland and I thought PG looked really a lot better, they scored 31 in the first quarter.I know it was Greenland but I saw some really good players out there. Ty tice, really quick and good scoring guard. They have couple of juniors in Smith #1 and Pursell #00 who can play ,and Storlie will get in bball shape soon. Anybody else see what i think I saw?

If Gravette plays like they did last night at Roland OK, then you are probably right; they will be tough for anyone to beat.  Lost at Roland in OT 76-74.  Roland was very athletic.  Plus Gravette played without their 6-7 post player who was just cleared to start practicing from an injury; Greenway kid still finding his way back after double ACL; and getting a few sophomores to adjust and in the right spot.  Pierce scored 42 or 44.  Roland was very deep and athletic.  3 players who could dunk any which way.  Gravette had the game won at end of both regulation and OT, but a couple of critical turnovers down the stretch, 2 missed FTs, a defensive error to allow the game tying 3 at the buzzer in regulation. 

channing

Saw that huntsville beat Prairie Grove last night 61-51.  Huntsville is always prerty good so not a bad lose, anybody go to game ? Any thoughts?

Cajun Hog

Greenwood beat Farmington 52-50 in OT in VB touney.

pgfan2016

I think Lincoln will be the biggest disappointment this year.  I just don't see this team going near as far as last year. 

Sweetfeet

Quote from: pgfan2016 on December 12, 2013, 11:43:57 pm
I think Lincoln will be the biggest disappointment this year.  I just don't see this team going near as far as last year.
Says the sophomore for Prairie Grove.

4AWhistler

Cajun Hog

Tonight's Games that I know of:

PG @ Ozark
Berryville @ Farmington
Gravette vs Pea Ridge

Oldbadger

Why?

Oldbadger

Lincoln just won tonight beating Cedarville 48-42.  They are now 4-1 on the season losing only to Shiloh the first game of the year without the football boys.  Disappointing so far!!

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Cajun Hog on December 17, 2013, 03:24:54 pm
Tonight's Games that I know of:

PG @ Ozark PG Won
Berryville @ Farmington Farmington Won
Gravette vs Pea Ridge gravette won

This season should be fun with all the close games....

channing

PG/Ozark game
wasn't close. PG won by 20

channing

Looks like pretty good competition in openers. Farmington close win over berryville,Lincoln fairly close win over Gentry, Gravette close but never in danger of losing to Pea Ridge.Prairie Grove 20 point win over Ozark. From early non conference games looks like Gravette is the favorite, Lincoln,Farmington.  Then good battle of berryville,pea,ridge,Praire Grove.  Gentry and Ozark will struggle to win games.  Watch for this Fridays game in Gravette vs. Prairie Grove, let's see if Prairie Grove is a force this year or not.  Hope so but Gravette is to tough in there place

Cajun Hog

Quote from: channing on December 18, 2013, 10:27:52 am
Looks like pretty good competition in openers. Farmington close win over berryville,Lincoln fairly close win over Gentry, Gravette close but never in danger of losing to Pea Ridge.Prairie Grove 20 point win over Ozark. From early non conference games looks like Gravette is the favorite, Lincoln,Farmington.  Then good battle of berryville,pea,ridge,Praire Grove.  Gentry and Ozark will struggle to win games.  Watch for this Fridays game in Gravette vs. Prairie Grove, let's see if Prairie Grove is a force this year or not.  Hope so but Gravette is to tough in there place

I really like this PG team to be in the mix and which ever team can win all of the home games and half of the road games, will win the conference at (10-4). Pea Ridge and Ozark was projected to be the down, but if a team isn't ready to play they will beat them. The fun has started.

Group 1: Lincoln, Gravette & PG
Group 2: Farmington, Berryville & Pea Ridge
Group 3: Gentry & Ozark

4AWhistler

December 18, 2013, 05:34:15 pm #137 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:02:49 pm by 4AWhistler
Quote from: channing on December 18, 2013, 10:27:52 am
I wouldn't say 18 points is a close game.  Starters came out early in the 4th for Lincoln.

Oldbadger

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2013, 08:40:27 pm
When do the rest come in, at the half?  LOL.

WPWells

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 18, 2013, 08:42:13 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2013, 08:40:27 pm
When do the rest come in, at the half?  LOL.

After football season...

Ten

Does anyone have the overalls for boys Farmington, Ozark, Berryville, and Gentry?

Also the score of the PG Ozark game?

channing

Prairie Grove beat Ozark 58-38

Cajun Hog

Friday scores:
Gravette over PG (good game)
Berryville over Ozark (won big)
Farmington over Gentry

TIGER101

Will someone to let me know what happened at the end of the pg/Gravette game.  I Heard it got pretty ugly.

Jimmy42

Lincoln is actually 5-0 the shiloh game was an exhibition

Oldbadger

Quote from: Jimmy42 on December 21, 2013, 04:25:46 pm
I had  wondered about that.  I saw that they lost to Shiloh and assumed that it counted.  Thanks for informing me.

Ten

December 21, 2013, 08:22:35 pm #146 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:25:48 pm by Ten
Quote from: Oldbadger on December 21, 2013, 04:47:22 pm
I had  wondered about that.  I saw that they lost to Shiloh and assumed that it counted.  Thanks for informing me.

Same here. I'll change it.

Also does anyone have a score for the Berryville vs Ozark.game?

69chevelle

Quote from: Ten on December 21, 2013, 08:22:35 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on December 21, 2013, 04:47:22 pm

Same here. I'll change it.

Also does anyone have a score for the Berryville vs Ozark.game?

Berryville 61 vs Ozark 40

pgfan2016

Quote from: TIGER101 on December 21, 2013, 11:29:53 am
Will someone to let me know what happened at the end of the pg/Gravette game.  I Heard it got pretty ugly.

Tiger, I was there and it was a good game that got a little scrappy at the end.  Gravette player who is supposed to be their big gun, which he did take over and win the game for them, took things a little to far after the game and some of the PG players weren't having it.  I suggest not missing the rematch later this year.  PG is a lot better than people are giving them credit for, and they won't be bullied this year like in the past. 

Cajun Hog

December 27, 2013, 11:29:46 am #149 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:37:31 pm by Cajun Hog
Farmington and Gravette are playing today in Alma Airdale Classic.

Farmington 69 vs Lavaca 41 Final plays winner of Pottsville/Greenland 5pm Saturday

Pottsville vs Greenland 6 pm

Gravette 60 West Fork 40 Final

Alma vs Sacred Heart 8pm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas