• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Arkansas State University Red Wolves

Started by True Believer, August 26, 2012, 10:15:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Sat., Sept 1st, 2012 will be the new era of Gus Malzahn.   Red Wolves' fans have very high hopes of having a great season!!

Here's a link for the season:

http://www.astateredwolves.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7200

I'm nervous as a pig in a bacon factory!!!

Good luck guys!!!

dc24

I'm just hoping we come out of the Oregon game healthy and play them respectable.  Maybe their new starting QB will struggle, but it'll still be a tough task.  I'm excited though!

True Believer

Praying that NO ONE gets hurt.

Cause Gus is not playing!   Proud that he's not putting up with players that won't obey the rules.

Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arkansas-states-lucas-dismissed-team-012531322--ncaaf.html

Peety

I think we go 10-2 again this season. Bold prediction, but I think we will win one of the two big non-conference game (Oregon, Nebraska), and then drop one in the Sunbelt. We will see! Can't wait!

redwolf143

To be overtly optimistic, the Red Wolves do have a history of sneaking up and challenging big schools in money games.  Even beat an SEC team in '08.

ricepig

Quote from: redwolf143 on August 28, 2012, 03:20:42 pm
To be overtly optimistic, the Red Wolves do have a history of sneaking up and challenging big schools in money games.  Even beat an SEC team in '08.

Hmm, Big XII team back then, a 4-8 one

Chosen 1

Quote from: redwolf143 on August 28, 2012, 03:20:42 pm
Like pig said, Big XII but nonetheless look at other examples.
'07 - #15 Texas - 8 point loss, questionable call on onside kick that could have affected the outcome
'07 - Tennessee - Battled to the end of the fourth quarter before losing by a small margin.
'09 - #15 Iowa - 3 point loss. Missed 22 yard field goal in the the 3rd ended up being the difference in the game.

True Believer

Getting some wings.  Putting on my Red Wolves t and settling in.   We may get smeared but at least we tried.

Peety

I'm so excited for this game. I think we will score points. I just don't know if we can stop them. We will see. Let's go Wolves!

fastdrop

me too .... If we stay within 14 I will be satisfied..... stay with in 7 I will be happy....win the dang thing --- ecstatic!!!

AirWarren

Ill be watching tonight. Good luck a state. Interested to see Gus and his debut.

True Believer

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......this is getting ugly quickly. 

fastdrop

True Believer

AirWarren

Hope you guys bought enough beverages to drink yourself into a comma to avoid remembering this massacre.

Oregon has too much speed and athletes.

fastdrop

If we stay with in 70 ..... I am used to it. The ducks came ready to play.

Texarkana_Piggie

man the red wolves are getting ducked.  big time!

fastdrop

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: fastdrop on September 01, 2012, 10:43:55 pm
we got 3. What more do you want us to do?
well, y'all have 10 now but the problem is they have 50. 

True Believer

Piggie.  UofAF better be worried about Alabama.

That's not going to be pretty after watching them tonight.

dc24

Oregon is the best team offensively we've ever played, even better than Cam Newton and Auburn a couple of years ago.  That was amazing watching them.  I'm satisfied though, we settled down and we played very well against their 2's I thought.  The last TD drive we even had our 2's in other than Aplin and ran right at them.  Biggest thing is that we didn't get any major injuries though and hopefully we will be ready to play Memphis next week.

AirWarren

What was the final? I had to turn it off. Couldn't bear it anymore.

Texarkana_Piggie

tb....believe me....i am worried about bama!  and oregon still has some majorly ugly unis!

True Believer

57-34.

Destroyed is not even the right word.  I really feel sorry for the players. 

It was a money game that I hear Malzahn did not want to play. 

Memphis is next week.  I'll be there. 

Go Red Wolves.  Howl YES!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 11:18:56 am
57-34.

He might have not wanted to play it, but if he wanted to get paid this year, ASU needed the $950,000.

True Believer

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on September 02, 2012, 11:52:48 am
57-34.

He might have not wanted to play it, but if he wanted to get paid this year, ASU needed the $950,000.

Why don't you go walk around Jonesboro High track?   Work something besides your big fat mouth.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 11:55:11 am
Quote from: ricepig on September 02, 2012, 11:52:48 am
57-34.

Why don't you go walk around Jonesboro High track?   Work something besides your big fat mouth.

Guess what, he might not want to play Nebraska either, but ASU will need the $$$ from that game too. And I walk at Joe Mac, prefer the layout better.

True Believer

Wow.  You walk?   

Having a tailgate next Sat!!!   Can't wait to see the Red Wolves live!!

The Memphis game is always fun! 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 12:04:15 pm
Wow.  You walk?   

Having a tailgate next Sat!!!   Can't wait to see the Red Wolves live!!

The Memphis game is always fun!

About 4-5 miles a day, I like wings, too.

True Believer

Must be nice.  I work 50 to 52 hours a week.

Wings are bad for you.  Eat some more.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 12:33:43 pm
Must be nice.  I work 50 to 52 hours a week.

Wings are bad for you.  Eat some more.

You should know, I'm told.

True Believer

September 02, 2012, 01:32:58 pm #32 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:36:51 pm by True Believer
As usual.  Not true.

But I'm sure you heard it from some idiots.  That's typical with the crowd you know.    LOL...yep.  I'm just huge.  LOL....funny. 

Go Red Wolves!!!!!!    :) 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 01:32:58 pm
As usual.  Not true.

But I'm sure you heard it from some idiots.  That's typical with the crowd you know.    LOL...yep.  I'm just huge.  LOL....funny. 

Who said anything about size? I only know one idiot who claims to know you, hmm. Anyway, good luck against Memphrica, doubt they'll need it.

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on September 02, 2012, 01:46:56 pm
As usual.  Not true.

Who said anything about size? I only know one idiot who claims to know you, hmm. Anyway, good luck against Memphrica, doubt they'll need it.

Thanks for the support. 

fastdrop

As usual.  Not true.

Memphica .... I have never heard that one before. Oh and I have never heard West Memphica either.

I was planning on being at this game... really looking forward to it but it might not be possible for me to attend. This is a hige game for both programs. Memphis needs this win as bad as ASU does. Should be a good game.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on September 02, 2012, 02:31:12 pm
As usual.  Not true.

Memphica .... I have never heard that one before. Oh and I have never heard West Memphica either.

I was planning on being at this game... really looking forward to it but it might not be possible for me to attend. This is a hige game for both programs. Memphis needs this win as bad as ASU does. Should be a good game.

Maybe you need to get out more often, as far as the game, it won't be close, ASU by 28+.

dc24

Correct, Freeze wanted to schedule this game because he wanted to watch Oregon in person and learn from them for his offense.  Obviously he assumed he would be here this year and he wasn't.

Good news though is that we had 500 yards of total offense and 40% was against their 1st team defense.  I'll take that.  We've also only given up more than 38 points 3 times since 2007.  Tennessee did it 3 or 4 years ago, and they finished ranked 12th.  Auburn beat us 52-26 the year they won the national championship and now Oregon this year and I assume they'll finish highly ranked again. 

Bad news, was we had 6 penalties for 57 yards, all in the first quarter.  Also, Oregon could have scored 100 I believe.  They did have a couple of 4th down conversions in the first half though. 

I think we'll do fine against Memphis.  It's important that we keep our heads up and not get down.  Talent wise, Memphis doesn't compare to us, but it is a rivalry game and anything can happen, especially if we get our heads down about this game.  Not worried about Nebraska yet, but I think we'll play them much closer.  Oregon was just amazing on offense.  They've got speed, size, and a QB that didn't play like a RS freshman.  I don't know if there will be a defense in the country to match their speed on offense, but I think their defense will be vulnerable.  We had a few long drives against them and at least one, maybe two of them, resulted in no points because of a missed FG and interception. 

On to Memphis though.

Chosen 1

Quote from: AW on September 02, 2012, 08:27:37 am
Kinda reminds me of USC - UARK back in '05....

AirWarren

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Chosen 1 on September 03, 2012, 04:17:54 am
Quote from: AW on September 02, 2012, 08:27:37 am
Kinda reminds me of USC - UARK back in '05....

yeah i had the same thought!  that game was ugly.

Peety

Oregon, in my honest opinion, will win the National Championship. They have so many weapons on offense...Barner, Thomas, Mariota, Kelley, and Lowe just to name a few. I think this is an offense that would score points on those SEC defenses. Plus their defense looks better than it has in years past.

But I think StAte will come out and destroy Memphis. We will see. Go Red Wolves!

fastdrop

Quote from: Peety on September 03, 2012, 02:52:48 pm
Oregon, in my honest opinion, will win the National Championship. They have so many weapons on offense...Barner, Thomas, Mariota, Kelley, and Lowe just to name a few. I think this is an offense that would score points on those SEC defenses. Plus their defense looks better than it has in years past.

But I think StAte will come out and destroy Memphis. We will see. Go Red Wolves!
Bama's defense shuts the ducks down. Only way the Ducks win a NC is if the NC does not have an SEC team in it.

Peety

Quote from: fastdrop on September 03, 2012, 04:23:37 pm

Bama's defense shuts the ducks down. Only way the Ducks win a NC is if the NC does not have an SEC team in it.

I disagree. Oregon put up 28 on one of the best defenses in the nation in LSU. Oregon's defense last year was young too.

fastdrop

Quote from: Peety on September 03, 2012, 11:58:15 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on September 03, 2012, 04:23:37 pm

I disagree. Oregon put up 28 on one of the best defenses in the nation in LSU. Oregon's defense last year was young too.
Time will tell.  I will go with the SEC until somebody knocks them off the mountain top.

dc24

I think their defense still has alot to prove.  With what Alabama did to Michigan, I just don't know if anyone will top them, and Oregon has to get through USC too. 

AirWarren

I think Oregon is gonna blast USC. Too many weapons for USC to stop.

cotnhauler

FWIW, Sports Center said Oregon was the the most impressive team this weekend. I too believe Oregon will handle USC. I don't think USC can stop their run game. Maybe noboby can. They DO have SEC speed that is refered to as lacking so often in other conferences.

bdubyab60

Oregon has a fast defense that is very small. Bama would run the ball down their throat. Their offense wouldnt be on the field enough to do much. They would score but not over 30, which I would think they would have to have to beat Bama or LSU.

Chosen 1

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 04, 2012, 05:01:51 pm
Oregon has a fast defense that is very small. Bama would run the ball down their throat. Their offense wouldnt be on the field enough to do much. They would score but not over 30, which I would think they would have to have to beat Bama or LSU.
DE 6'6 292, DT 6'4 301, DT 6'3 295, DE 6'7 243
MLB 6'4 234, WLB 5'11 222, SLB 6'3 233

I'd say Oregon has plenty of size. Don't just talk to talk, research what you say.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas