• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Dragon Basketball

Started by bleudog, January 06, 2009, 07:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon_Slayer

February 28, 2009, 01:45:35 pm #50 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:47:52 pm by Dragon_Slayer
Quote from: mamadragon on February 27, 2009, 10:40:45 pm
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your viperous attacks have no effect on us.  Our myriad of trophies act as a barrier for your spurilous attempts to belittle the accomplishments of our poor yet successful town. For a cheap sum we will allow you to gaze at our PLETHORA of "bling".  Maybe one day you will get some bling of your own and you will not have to spend your waking hours hoping, praying, wishing for Junction City losses.  Sleep well DG.

There you go again thinking you all dat.  I must be having some effect cuz you keep flapping yo' gums. There's and old saying " It's better to be thought of us as an idiot than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt." BTW, I've got some "bling" you can gaze at, Sugar.  :o

For someone who  is supposed to be so smart, maybe you can get papadragon(if there is one)to explain to you who the "beavers" are in which I referred.  :D

I don't spend any time wishing JC will lose. They have done a fine job on their own in big games the last several years. Why would I want to jinx someone who has made me a lot of money.  ??? Y'all are a sure bet, to choke.  ;)

mamadragon

As my collegues discuss your feelings of angst. Dr. Joyce Borothers talked about a certain type of envy.  You don't have that probably had way too much of that anyway.Well it loks like you have bling envy. No cure for that, just bury yourself in your career, so get at the front of Walmart and welcome away.

Dragon_Slayer

Quote from: mamadragon on February 28, 2009, 05:00:02 pm
As my collegues discuss your feelings of angst. Dr. Joyce Borothers talked about a certain type of envy.  You don't have that probably had way too much of that anyway.Well it loks like you have bling envy. No cure for that, just bury yourself in your career, so get at the front of Walmart and welcome away.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn! Is that all you got, Sugar?  I thought you was gonna be mo' better than this. Oh well. I hope Wilson didn't lose any money.  ;)

mamadragon

Sounds like you really understand the intricasies of blowing things.Sounds like some current or former dragon must have "briefly" visited you causing this personal hatred of this fine noble town.  By the way only paramutual gambling is allowable in the state of Arkansas. Plus after perusing your vernacular I'll venture to say that you have'nt won very much because I really doubt your ability to make money legally. Now if......................................

footballfan

you've been spanked by mama.

Dragon_Slayer

We'll, before I respond to the morons at hand, let me congratulate JC on winning the regional. You have shown a lot of guts and determination to come back and play against all the adversity.

Now, here we go. MD, since you want everyone to think you are so smart, why don't you try the spell check feature, Sugar.  ;)

FF, I have been spanked by "mama" many times, but she wasn't some wanna be loser JC fan.  As far as MD, I've had pimples in the crack of my butt that have given me more trouble. However, I will agree with you completely on one point. If (and that's a big if) a Dragon had visited me, it would have been  "Brief" because we all know the Dragons have a problem with premature.............We'll lets just say they seem to be known for anticlimatic finishes.  :o

mamadragon

Factually speaking you did emphasize big, like Dragons. You really should not disclose the amount of sores that are in the gluteal region of your body. I feel that this could really hurt your income earning potential.

JC PIMP

the pimples in the crack of your arse might have played a part in the anticlimatic finishes you have experienced from your partners so here is a little friendly advice "sugar".......wash your nasty arse.

mamadragon

ah pimp, good to see that the rumors of your demise was false. and slayer with both of us on here go to church and repent for your evil doings, and maybe we will be merciful.

Dragon_Slayer

March 01, 2009, 01:09:17 pm #59 Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:11:15 pm by Dragon_Slayer
Once again, you have shown yourselves to be the classless losers that most on here believe you to be. MD, it sounds like you and JC pimp are the ones that should be in church.  JC pimp, thank you for your concern regarding my hygiene, but my "arse" is very sweet and delicious. If you like, you can kiss it and see.  :o  MD, you sure seem to have an infatuation with prostitution. You have eluded to it several times in your posts. But hey, who am I to knock someone for having role models.  :D

attaboy

you 2 really should have your own show........lotta good material here!

mamadragon

Never once did I mention the oldest profession.  I surely hope that you did not insinuate that out of my posts. So it kind of makes you wonder who has the facination. Well I must go contemplate the complexities of life. Please don't call me moron. It really hurts the 1 and one half feelings I have left. Stay out of them truckstops SUGAR.

Wilson

Quote from: bleudog on February 28, 2009, 09:06:15 am
    :o

Cat fight

8)

Hey Wilson, you taking any bets ???

A catfight I might bet on.....this .....no point.......there is better than a 99% chance that they are not both women.   

footballfan

you have crossdressers, maybe we have a pair of crosstalkers. ...

bleudog

Game # 6      1   2    3    4     T
Junction City 17 18               35
Hughes        10 14               24

Armchair

check out the final -  what happened?

bleudog

Game # 6      1      2      3      4      T
Junction City 17    18    13      6     54
Hughes        10    14     12    28     64

Armchair

AA Insider

i'll eat my words about the 7aa east but WOW, i'm shocked

bleudog

March 03, 2009, 10:15:13 pm #69 Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:20:25 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Armchair QB on March 03, 2009, 10:02:23 pm
again, what happened?

Don't have a clue but it ought to be a pretty good read in tomorrow's paper.  Hughes made up ground in each quarter but the 4th quarter looks like half the Dragons might have fouled out.

Armchair

Hughes was actually outscored each qtr until the 4th.

I've seen them play and knew they could be explosive, but the 6 pt 4th qtr for JC was what surprised me most.

The adg probably won't have much info tomorrow.  please post a link to the el dorado article when you can.
thanks.

emceedd

Quote from: bleudog on March 03, 2009, 10:15:13 pm
again, what happened?

Don't have a clue but it ought to be a pretty good read in tomorrow's paper.  Hughes made up ground in each quarter but the 4th quarter looks like half the Dragons might have fouled out.
What makes you think "half the Dragons" fouled out? I could be wrong but I don't think any fouled out. Hughes just wouldn't give up and, I'm not disrespecting, but, JC was outplayed and outcoached in the 4th qtr. I thought JC had the better team but Carpenter didn't seem to have any idea of what to do once Hughes started coming back and once they took the lead you could sense it was over.

NEark tigers

HUGHES WINS, HUGHES WINS!!!!!!!!!

NO TITLE THIS YEAR, JC (ARK AND LOUISANA)

AA Insider

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 03, 2009, 10:59:20 pm
HUGHES WINS, HUGHES WINS!!!!!!!!!

NO TITLE THIS YEAR, JC (ARK AND LOUISANA)

No JC fan here, but I think you are taking this a little bit too far. Its good to have a correct prediction, but don't humble yourself too much.

herws

Quote from: AA Insider on March 03, 2009, 10:02:33 pm

Let's not forget, Hughes was a conference champion in the regular season and tourney and lost 1 contest. They are the best 4 seed in this tourney. It's all about match-ups in post season. AL and CSJ were not good match-ups for Hughes on top of them playing bad last week. They matched up well with JC and I had a good feeling about this game.

JC shouldn't hang their heads. This group has won a state title and some big games. I know blowing a 16 point lead sucks, but That is just how it is when you play in March.

AA Insider

Quote from: herws on March 04, 2009, 12:00:51 am
Quote from: AA Insider on March 03, 2009, 10:02:33 pm

Let's not forget, Hughes was a conference champion in the regular season and tourney and lost 1 contest. They are the best 4 seed in this tourney. It's all about match-ups in post season. AL and CSJ were not good match-ups for Hughes on top of them playing bad last week. They matched up well with JC and I had a good feeling about this game.

JC shouldn't hang their heads. This group has won a state title and some big games. I know blowing a 16 point lead sucks, but That is just how it is when you play in March.

You are correct, Sir! Its called March Madness for a reason. Been a great season!

bleudog

March 04, 2009, 07:39:39 am #76 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:43:01 am by bleudog
Quote from: emceedd on March 03, 2009, 10:55:28 pm
Quote from: bleudog on March 03, 2009, 10:15:13 pm
again, what happened?

What makes you think "half the Dragons" fouled out? I could be wrong but I don't think any fouled out. Hughes just wouldn't give up and, I'm not disrespecting, but, JC was outplayed and outcoached in the 4th qtr. I thought JC had the better team but Carpenter didn't seem to have any idea of what to do once Hughes started coming back and once they took the lead you could sense it was over.

Anyone looking at only the score through three quarters would have gotten the impression JC was in control of the game.  The Dragons "won" each of those quarters although the per quarter spread got smaller as the game progressed. (+7, +4, +1)

For any team to lose the kind of lead JC lost in the fourth quarter, guessing fouls or injuries would seem a reasonable option.  Having now read the game write up, looks like neither happened and I stand corrected.

Congratulations to Hughes on a quality win and good luck to them for the remainder of the tournament.  With the possible exception of NEt, most of their supporters on this board seem to be quality people.

My hat's off to this year's Dragons.  Having to go through the coaching upheaval they had to endure was unfortunate.  Keep your heads high Dragons.  YOU stuck it out till the "fat lady sang."

El Dorado News Times game article and photo: CLICK HERE

footballfan

I was "watching" the score on Melbourne's website. I thought JC leading by 12 entering the fourth was enough, then I kept watching as Hughes began to outscore JC in the fourth. When it got to be 20-4 in the fourth I knew the Dragons were in deep trouble. A stringer wrote the story for the ED paper. He never really said why or how Hughes made the huge turnaround. Really a shocking finish, considering Hughes is a very young team. I think he started two freshmen and a sophomore or two.

topone

BTW... Hughes has a lot of underclassmen starting and not much more than 7 players who play.

emceedd

I started to leave at halftime, when the majority of the crowd did, but decided to stay and watch two good teams play it out. I'm glad I did, not because Hughes came back or JC lost, it was just fun to watch them play(actually I might have been pulling for JC, Sporty Carpenter is respected in my family). You're right about the youth, I think Hughes had one senior starting and the young guns. They could be a force to be reckoned with the next few years.

footballfan

give us your input on the fourth quarter. Did JC quit or just go stoned-cold from the field? What happened?

bleudog

March 04, 2009, 01:08:54 pm #81 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:52:58 pm by bleudog
Not an answer to your question, but here's the blurb from the ADG:

HUGHES 64, JUNCTION CITY 54

MELBOURNE — Jalen Smith sank consecutive three-pointers to bolster Hughes in an upset of top-seeded Junction City. Smith made his three-pointers from well beyond the arc, and Tory Hatton got a key putback as Hughes went up by six with 1:19 to play after Junction City had led the entire game. Rodney Larry and Shumeecio Lark each scored 17 for Junction City.

CLICK HERE

Here's what the Melbourne site lists for leading scorers:

Hughes

Weast 10 pts
Jalen Smith 22 pts
Diangelo Doolittle 14 pts

Junction City

Lark 18 pts
Rodney Larry 14 pts
Alan Turner 14 pts

emceedd

March 04, 2009, 10:36:09 pm #82 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:40:15 pm by emceedd
Quote from: footballfan on March 04, 2009, 12:46:59 pm
give us your input on the fourth quarter. Did JC quit or just go stoned-cold from the field? What happened?
JC went cold, I think they scored 4 points in the first couple of minutes then didn't score again until a dunk right before the buzzer. Hughes slowly but surely chipped away and once they took the lead, I don't think JC quit as much as it was one of those deals where everything starts going bad, snowballs and you just can't stop it.

I've been there since 2:00 today or I would have replied sooner. Melbourne looked mostly good and won, Abundant Life won but didn't look real good doing it.

bleudog

Blake Griffin got the media attention and Oklahoma got the win, but noticed this in the write up about yesterday's OSU-OU game:

"Oklahoma State's James Anderson scored 37 points to tie the most points ever scored in the Bedlam rivalry, and he got the Cowboys (20-10, 9-7) within 77-74 in the final 2 minutes when he connected on a 3-pointer from the left wing.......Anderson matched the Bedlam scoring record set by Oklahoma State's Leroy Combs in the 1981 game in Norman."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recap?gid=200903070444

bleudog

March 10, 2009, 03:48:50 pm #84 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:51:09 pm by bleudog
All-Big 12 Second Team

Denis Clemente, Kansas State G 6-1 175 Jr. Bayamon, Puerto Rico/Calusa Prep/Miami (Fla.)
Willie Warren, Oklahoma G 6-4 207 Fr. Fort Worth, Texas/North Crowley
James Anderson, Oklahoma State G/F 6-6 195 So. Junction City, Ark./Junction City
A.J. Abrams, Texas G 5-11 161 Sr. Round Rock, Texas/McNeil
Damion James, Texas G/F 6-7 222 Jr. Nacogdoches, Texas/Nacogdoches

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106110&SPID=13134&DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=3687666

bleudog

Oklahoma St. 71
Oklahoma 70 

Final

James Anderson ties it up with a free throw and then hits the game winning free throw with less than three seconds left.

bleudog

Not bad for a young man who was playing in Duel State two years ago.

ARTICLE

Bad news is today's opponent is #1 seed Pitt at 1:50 p.m.

bleudog

March 23, 2009, 07:38:03 am #87 Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:18:14 am by bleudog
The 'Pokes are bounced from the tournament in the second round, but good job James on a great sophomore year.

CLICK HERE

Wolf4

Who is going to be the next coach?

Wolf4

What does Junction City have coming back next year?

bleudog

Quote from: Wolf4 on April 07, 2009, 02:40:41 pm
What does Junction City have coming back next year?

Lark and Carter were seniors.

Turner, Ross and Larry should be back.

Not sure what Hill's status is.

Wolf4

What does the upcoming freshman class look like?

Wolf4

bleudog

Kat n the Hat

Is this job still open? Who is in the running for it?

bleudog

April 17, 2009, 07:37:26 am #95 Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:23:30 am by bleudog
Understand the girls coach at Caddo Hills, Kendall Hutcheson, might be the man to lead the boys team in Dragonland next season.

http://caddohills.dsc.k12.ar.us/coaches.htm

bleudog

From an EDNT article on spring football practice:

"Head coach David Carpenter welcomed several new players to Monday's practice, and the team's new coach, Ken Hutchinson, who was hired as the boys basketball coach and assistant football coach.

Hutchinson was at Caddo Hills this past season."

Not a bad way to get a little 2A football coaching experience.

bleudog

Lark wins 2009 AmerCable/News Times Boys Basketball Player of the Year:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Anderson to try out for U.S. National Team:

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Quote from: bleudog on June 06, 2009, 12:46:46 pm
Anderson to try out for U.S. National Team:

CLICK HERE

JA is on the roster for the USA World University Games team and will be heading to Serbia: 

CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas