• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Times for Varsity Games - POLL WIN BE OPEN UNTIL DECEMBER 15.

Started by Rulesman, November 14, 2007, 06:03:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What time should Senior High football games kick off?

7:00 pm
15 (60%)
7:15 pm
2 (8%)
7:30 pm
8 (32%)
7:45 pm
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: December 15, 2007, 06:03:21 pm

Rulesman

Given the length of many games and the extensive travel involved in some conferences, what time should Senior High football games start?

Missco

I think 7:30 just for the fact more fans can make the games at that time. Travel is not that big of an issue because games are not on a school night. I went back and looked at the different conferences over the last 50 yers and travel was just as bad back in the day. Most coaches and fans  would rather play at 7:30. I do think supt.'s would rather play the games earlier but if the truth was known most of them wouldn't care if they were played earlier than 7:00. 7:30 is the time most games start around the country. I remember when games started at 8:00.

RDFT

Too many times I find myself getting to games in the middle or end of the 1st quarter simply because I don't get off work until 5:30 or 6. How many parents are in the same situation? With most people being off work on Saturday and school not being in session, the only legitimate reason I can find for this rule is so the 10:00 news can show the final score of the games.

Let them post the scores to their websites and say "Early in the 4th, the Squirrells lead the Banana Slugs 24-21. Check out www.freakymascottown.com" on the air.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas