• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JV teams with no varsity team yet

Started by muleshoe_forever, August 07, 2007, 06:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

muleshoe_forever

Who are the JV teams that will move up to varsity in the next few years and what are their schedules?

Autograph Seeker

Turrell
Quitman
Cedar Ridge
Riverview
Manila

wildcat_x-mgr

QPWFB

Quitman will play a JV schedule this year then enter the 5-2A conference in 08. We started peewee football 4 years ago, 7th & 8th in 05, Jr high last year, and jv this year! So as you can see this has been a true building process. We know we still have a tough road ahead!!!!

8/21-@rosebud - scrimmage
9/04-drew central
9/10-@heber springs jv
9/18-@western yell
9/25-riverview jv
10/01- @ mayflower jv
10/08- @ lonoke jv
10/15- beebe jv
10/22 - @ greenbrier jv

Lions84

Keep working HARD and good luck to ya all!

BorderPatrol

Genoa Central, right out of Texarkana, is starting Jr. High Football this year and will be moving up with the kids. Glad to have yet ANOTHER HS team in the area to be able to go watch.....I love football in SW Arkansas....

bp

oldcoach

QPWFB

Yes , Coach Stallings is at Quitman, he is coaching jr & sr
football, he started off last Thursday with a win at Mayflower 16 - 6 and will play his first sr game tonight at
Quitman against Drew Central.

philip.seaton

bigtank

What about rose bud?  have they gotten a varsity team yet?  i know their coach, who is a great man by the way, retired from teaching and just went there to start the program.  i just dont know how far they have gotten.

philip.seaton

Quote from: bigtank on September 16, 2007, 10:20:52 am
What about rose bud?  have they gotten a varsity team yet?  i know their coach, who is a great man by the way, retired from teaching and just went there to start the program.  i just dont know how far they have gotten.

They have been playing varsity in their second season. They won 2 games last year and won their opener at Bismarck and been competitive in the other two. It won't be long until coach Flaherty has things going well there. He is a super nice person and one of the best coaches in the state to work with.

bigtank

Coach Flaherty is where its at.  I must say i love the man.  And is any of you play for him, i have two words.  "Linemen meeting"  He really is a great guy and as head coach before rose bud, he had over an 80% winning record, which is unheard of.  Great coach, great man, asset to everyone's lives who has ever met him.  I miss the man, if anyone can give me the rosebud schedule that would be great.  I think i may come see him some day.

jacosportsfreak

I heard that Brookland was trying to start up a football program, but is meeting resistance from the Supr.

QPWFB

Quitman beat Mayflower 14-12 in a jv game @ MF last night!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas