• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Important Postion in Football(Other than Quarterback)

Started by Panther_Superman77, May 02, 2007, 07:40:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Superman77

RGP

No doubt it's the offensive line. The first to get blamed with things go bad and the last to get credit when they go good.

RGP

Quote from: President Ivan on May 02, 2007, 11:40:28 pm
Center.
If you want to get that specific, I've gotta agree with you. Look what happened to the Bears this year when the QB-Center snaps weren't perfect in the Super Bowl.

Panther_Superman77

Center is Important( Mainly Because of the snap)  But also, Centers are soposed to be the leaders of the O-line.  After O-line though, I would go with the D-line.

30kfeet

I agree that Offensive line is probably most important.  A good one can make a so-so quarterback look pretty good. 

Special teams do not get enought credit.  They are responsible for transitions in possession and determine initial field position for their offense or defense - huge advantage if effective, huge liability if not.   A good field goal/PAT kicker can be the sole deciding factor in a very close game.  Must be able to handle enormous pressure of win/lose situations.

SCRAPPER MOM#1

Quote from: President Ivan on May 02, 2007, 11:40:28 pm
Center.

My pick as well.
Then you need that beef on the lines to make the rest look good.

busta

not ray

True about the kicker, but we also certainly need the holder on the extra points.  But then you need the snapper. 

not ray

I am thinking any team would be in trouble trying to play with just ten regardless of which position it is.

FootballGuy43

The defense. If you can't stop anyone from putting points on the board then you won't win unless you are Indianapolis and even they don't outscore everyone all the time.

RGP

Quote from: BigBen7 on May 03, 2007, 02:02:19 pm
The defense. If you can't stop anyone from putting points on the board then you won't win unless you are Indianapolis and even they don't outscore everyone all the time.
Can you be a little more specific?

CHSBISON77

Quote from: Panther_Superman77 on May 02, 2007, 07:40:13 pm
I'm going with The O-line.

as a lineman i going to agree with you

we do all the work and get none of the glory

but im used to it and to all the backs jus say thanks every once and a while and thats all we ask

olddog79

Personally...I think it's the Dad. He's the one that signed the boy up for Kid's Day football, coached his youth center team, bought the pads and cleets, paid for the football camps, gave "honest" reviews of on the field effort, attended too many booster club meetings, and ignored it when Mom complained about all of the above.

But, hey...I'm bias!

RGP

Quote from: olddog79 on May 03, 2007, 05:14:10 pm
But, hey...I'm bias!
Haha. That is what I was thinking the entire time I read your post.

Head Hunta_08

well i am going to have to stick up for the d-line since i am a dt! you have to fight in the trenches all night and fight through double and triple teams to tackle a runningback and either pressure the quarterback into a bad pass or sack him! it is very tiring and you definately feel the strain of the night before when you wake up in the morning!

CHSBISON77

Quote from: Head Hunta_08 on May 03, 2007, 06:17:20 pm
well i am going to have to stick up for the d-line since i am a dt! you have to fight in the trenches all night and fight through double and triple teams to tackle a runningback and either pressure the quarterback into a bad pass or sack him! it is very tiring and you definately feel the strain of the night before when you wake up in the morning!

i also play NG and im gonna agree with you also maybe lil more toward D then O cause O wins games but D wins championships

Lions84

N_O_L_E_S

Magnum

I'd say the blindside tackle. They keep the quarterback from getting hit from behind. You can also run off tackle all night.

SingleWingGuru

On the Move

Personally...I think it's the Dad. He's the one that signed the boy up for Kid's Day football, coached his youth center team, bought the pads and cleets, paid for the football camps, gave "honest" reviews of on the field effort, attended too many booster club meetings, and ignored it when Mom complained about all of the above.

But, hey...I'm bias!
In some cases its the Mom other than coaching.  ;D

This Mom never complained but was very honest and no matter how great her son played always reminded him of the others that helped make it a good play!!!!!!!  Checked the ego!

olddog79

Quote from: har on May 11, 2007, 08:30:09 am

But, hey...I'm bias!
In some cases its the Mom other than coaching.  ;D

This Mom never complained but was very honest and no matter how great her son played always reminded him of the others that helped make it a good play!!!!!!!  Checked the ego!
It's a team effort...way to go Mom.

Turner

my coach always used to say, o-line and d-line, i'm puttin the game on yalls shoulders tonight....he said that before every game

key_stone12

If the O-Line can blow people off the line, teams can dominate the clock and game.

If the D-Line is getting in the backfield, teams can control the game once again.

buzzinbee

The D-line and O-line.  These guys really never get the credit they truly deserve.  They can make you or break you.   ;)

ltown54

im gonna go with the offensive linemen because if there wasnt a line there could not be a Qb or neway of protecting the offense

HAF19

No doubt the o line....

but if there HAS to be one position.. I'm going with Safety... or kicker.. a good kicker can be a difference between a win or loss.

spigluver1

Definantilly the O-line....they are the only thing sepperating me from mr linebacker.

ClashWithATitan

Bobcat#7class1997

;D The o-line is the most important position in football.

Jimbo Morphis

mudslog

Waterboy....without them, you big hogs on the line wouldn't make it past the first quarter.   

30kfeet

Quote from: oldman on June 08, 2007, 09:00:10 am
head coach

Coaches don't win many games single-handedly, but they can sure lose one that way.

siloampanthermom

IT IS THE MOM....We gave the player life..listen to all the excuses on the way home..work all those nights in the booster barn and smell those stinkin reciever gloves all the way home....MAN I LOVE FOOTBALL...GO SILOAM PANTHERS

wawa111

Throwback1

Quote from: key_stone12 on May 03, 2007, 10:27:07 am
Blindside tackle.

All pro coaches will tell you the hardest/most important position to play is blindside tackle,usually LT.

Throwback1

Quote from: BigBen7 on May 03, 2007, 02:02:19 pm

that's 11 positions..lol

TheLastEmpire

bruuutis

i think that its the center!!! He is the one that has to get the qb the ball in the 1st place, and protect him at the same time

Throwback1

This is why I think football is THE consumate team sport.  Not a right or wrong answer.

SSPantherFan

O-Line is the most important....
Specifics would be; Center and then left tackle as the key line positions

lionqb#6

possibly the blindside tackle on offense
secondary on defense

Throwback1

Quote from: lionqb#6 on November 07, 2007, 07:47:05 pm
possibly the blindside tackle on offense
secondary on defense

...football is the ultimate TEAM game, and this is just more proof of that, because there is simply no right or wrong answer.

bigtank

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on May 03, 2007, 12:00:53 pm
True about the kicker, but we also certainly need the holder on the extra points.  But then you need the snapper. 

well you dont actually need a holder for extra points, you can always drop kick it.  anyways, one player i think is strong side linebacker and as a whole i think the o-line is even more important that a QB. yet the o-line never gets the attention they need.

one of my friends plays o-line for OG, he said the RB and QB kept talking crap, so finally all the oline didnt block at all for a play and let the QB get laid out.  He said from that point on, the QB didnt talk crap again.  I think every QB and RB needs to have that happen to them to see how much they need them.

HeadandaHalf

I will not dive into this debate without knowing for certain which position is without a doubt the most important.

A legitimate arguement can be made for 21 positions, other than the quarterback, that is THE most important on the football field.

I can not sway one's opinion on this matter.  I do however, have a clear cut, school specific answer to this question...

If you play football in West Memphis, the most important position on the field, other than the starting running back....is the second string running back.  Followed closely by the third string running back, and then the fourth string running back.  Coming in at the five seed is the quarterback, who only acts as a delivery boy....transport the football from the center...to the running back.

Does anyone disagree?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas