• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What We Expected.....

Started by RabAlumni, November 13, 2018, 09:24:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RabAlumni

So with all the early and mid-season talk about who had the strongest conference in the 4A this year I pretty much think it is what we all expected.  Of the 16 teams left, look at this breakdown below:

8-4A - 4 teams left
7-4A - 4 teams left
2-4A - 3 teams left
4-4A - 3 teams left
1 & 3 - 1 team left while be both really good teams!

I am pretty sure this is about where everyone had these conferences strength wise at the beginning and mid-season.

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 13, 2018, 09:24:31 am
So with all the early and mid-season talk about who had the strongest conference in the 4A this year I pretty much think it is what we all expected.  Of the 16 teams left, look at this breakdown below:

8-4A - 4 teams left
7-4A - 4 teams left
2-4A - 3 teams left
4-4A - 3 teams left

I am pretty sure this is about where everyone had these conferences strength wise at the beginning and mid-season.

It's even more complicated than that. Injuries, weather and plain, old "off" performances have changed a lot of things this year.

moneyminers

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 09:54:22 am
It's even more complicated than that. Injuries, weather and plain, old "off" performances have changed a lot of things this year.
that can´t be used as an excuse come playoff time. no matter what, if a team wants to advance then they better strap up and play ball no matter what. Those things can´t be factors in the outcome.... playoff football man

bigchief72455

Quote from: moneyminers on November 13, 2018, 10:02:41 am
that can´t be used as an excuse come playoff time. no matter what, if a team wants to advance then they better strap up and play ball no matter what. Those things can´t be factors in the outcome.... playoff football man
I don't think injuries are so much excuses as they are factors. Missing a couple of key players due to injuries isn't so much an excuse but a factor in a loss.

Gray lizard

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 13, 2018, 10:35:43 am
I don't think injuries are so much excuses as they are factors. Missing a couple of key players due to injuries isn't so much an excuse but a factor in a loss.
I agree Jimmys and Joes win a lot of games.

HeberFan

Look at how much a "FACTOR" it was to have Lamar Jackson playing quarterback at Louisville. Team was great with him. Team sucked and Petrino got fired without him.

richboy

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 13, 2018, 09:24:31 am

8-4A - 4 teams left
7-4A - 4 teams left
2-4A - 3 teams left
4-4A - 3 teams left

no update? Lol the 7-4 is the strongest conference,  hands down. 3 teams still left.

HeberFan

Maybe some of these conferences are just "sandbagging" for next year? Or, maybe, they would rather eat turkey than play football?

RabAlumni

Quote from: richboy on November 21, 2018, 06:38:08 am
no update? Lol the 7-4 is the strongest conference,  hands down. 3 teams still left.

Looking that away.... Every other conference only has 1 left. I still think the 8 wins the State Championship, but that's just my two cents!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 21, 2018, 09:48:10 am

Looking that away.... Every other conference only has 1 left. I still think the 8 wins the State Championship, but that's just my two cents!
You Kin to Mcgraw?

RabAlumni

Quote from: Oldman on November 21, 2018, 09:49:44 am
You Kin to Mcgraw?

I am not, however I do like Coach for sure! I don't think it has anything to do about who is on the coaching staff in my judgement here, but that team is dang good this year. They are going to be a tough out for anyone as they have already proven!

HeberFan

I think the SEC is the best conference.... as long as you take out Arkansas.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on November 21, 2018, 10:39:59 am
I think the SEC is the best conference.... as long as you take out Arkansas.

Hater!   No Seriously though, if the SEC could get rid of Arkansas and Vandy in Football they would have a killer RPI. They need us for Basketball, Baseball, Track, etc though!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 21, 2018, 10:35:46 am

I am not, however I do like Coach for sure! I don't think it has anything to do about who is on the coaching staff in my judgement here, but that team is dang good this year. They are going to be a tough out for anyone as they have already proven!
Being from Lonoke you should know coaching absolutely matters.

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 21, 2018, 11:03:28 am

Hater!   No Seriously though, if the SEC could get rid of Arkansas and Vandy in Football they would have a killer RPI. They need us for Basketball, Baseball, Track, etc though!

I agree. We need Vandy in the conference to have all the doctors, lawyers, etc !

RabAlumni

Quote from: Oldman on November 21, 2018, 01:15:06 pm
Being from Lonoke you should know coaching absolutely matters.

I was referring to him being on that staff!

phdefense

November 21, 2018, 02:13:34 pm #16 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:15:48 pm by phdefense
Quote from: richboy on November 21, 2018, 06:38:08 am
They lived up to the hype this year. Good for them

Another interesting thing that can shake out this round is the north vs south story.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas