• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Round 2

Started by stuck in between, November 12, 2018, 07:45:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Finally got all the picks right last week, but in all honesty I think most everyone would have to agree that the writing was on the wall before the coin toss as to how those games were gonna go. Moving on to round two should give us some better matchups to breakdown and discuss over the next few days. With the exception of Foreman the remaining 7-2A members will be forced to go on the road this week as they are in pursuit of a state championship. Seems as though all the traveling teams will be traveling to towns that all start with an H as well. This week will be a true test to the 7-2A we will see if we truly are one of the best if not the best conference in class 2-A.

Foreman Vs. Magazine - By defeating Gurdon week 10 the Gators were able to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Rattlers on the other hand are forced to travel 138 miles to the swamp where Foreman has not been beaten since week 9 of 2016. Magazine enters the game with a 6-4 record averaging 23 ppg while allowing right at 20 with 1 shutout. The Gators are 8-1 averaging 32 ppg while allowing just 4.3 and 5 shutouts. With the bye week Foreman should have everyone healthy for the first time since early in the year. The Gators have a better record with a tougher schedule. Taking the Gators by 20.

Gurdon @ Hazen - The Go-Devils have a 129 mile trip to face the only undefeated team in class 2-A. The Hornets have used their high powered offense which is averaging over 48 ppg and their stingy defense that is giving up just 9 ppg to run through their schedule without a blemish. That being said only three of those opponents finished either at or above .500 on the year. Gurdon is 9-2 with losses to class 4-A Haskell and Foreman. The Go-Devils have averaged just shy of 33 ppg and has given up 13 against a schedule that had three opponents above .500 as well. I think this one will be a close one and could very well end in a Go-Devil victory, but there is no denying they are the underdog. I will be cheering for the Devils, but have to give the nod to the Hornets by 10.

Mineral Springs @ Hampton - The Hornets with their 9-2 record will travel 107 miles East to face a 7-2 Bulldog team. Arguably these could be the two hottest teams in the state. Hampton has only lost one game on the field so far this year and has impressive wins over Fordyce, class 4-A Star City, and class 3-A Harding Academy. Mineral has dealt 4 shutouts so far and has won 6 in a row. The Dog's offense is scoring 35 ppg. compared to the Hornets 31. On defense Hampton is allowing 9 while Mineral is giving up just under 11. Last year the Hornets upset the Bulldogs 18-14 at Hampton. This year I have to give the edge to the Bulldogs. I think Mineral is very capable of making it two in a row, but I have to go with Hampton in a 7 point win.

Mount Ida @ Hector - In my opinion out of the traveling teams Mount Ida got the best draw in the 2nd round as they make the 90 mile ride to challenge the 7-3 Hector Wildcats. The Lions have used the same recipe as they have in years pass to push to a 9-2 record. Coach White and his devoted followers have used their power running attack to average 34 ppg. The always stingy defense is allowing 9. Ida's two losses were both at Foreman and Gurdon. Hector, who enjoyed a bye last week is averaging 30.4 and allowing 22.5 with losses to a good class 3-A Atkins team, as well as Junction City and Magazine. Playing in Hector will not make the task any easier for the Lions, but in the end I think their defense wins it for them. I'll take Ida in a low scoring affair. Lions by 12.

Ole Man River

With 4 teams left in the 7-2A this year things get interesting this week.  OMR went 4-0 last week and this week is harder.  Foreman vs Magazine——the Gators by 21, Gurdon Vs Hazen, I watched an underdog Spring Hill team win at Hazen, so——the Go-Devils by 6. Mineral Springs vs Hampton——watched Hampton last week, the Hornets by 1, Mt Ida vs Hector——the Lions by 14.  OMR OUT

G-HIGH

Stuck--- this takes a great amount of research each week. Great work! I have to agree with OMR on the Go-Devils tho. lol. Enjoy reading this!

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: Ole Man River on November 12, 2018, 09:47:23 pm
With 4 teams left in the 7-2A this year things get interesting this week.  OMR went 4-0 last week and this week is harder.  Foreman vs Magazine——the Gators by 21, Gurdon Vs Hazen, I watched an underdog Spring Hill team win at Hazen, so——the Go-Devils by 6. Mineral Springs vs Hampton——watched Hampton last week, the Hornets by 1, Mt Ida vs Hector——the Lions by 14.  OMR OUT
I wish I was with you at that Spring Hill game, sounds like a good time!!!!! Lol!

baseball13

you wont be 4-0 this week.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on November 13, 2018, 06:55:17 am
you wont be 4-0 this week.

Yea he's gonna miss on the Hazen game. Lol

From what I've seen, this hazen team has something some of the others have been missing, sr leadership. It appears from the outside they have that this year. That and they are trying to do something in the young man who passed away last winter's memory. They are dangerous.

Old Scrapper

I was there also, Springhill came in and man handled an undefeated Hazen team.

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2018, 07:04:47 am
Yea he's gonna miss on the Hazen game. Lol

From what I've seen, this hazen team has something some of the others have been missing, sr leadership. It appears from the outside they have that this year. That and they are trying to do something in the young man who passed away last winter's memory. They are dangerous.
Far more likely to miss on the Mineral vs Hampton game than anything. But still riding coattails I see. It was boyish cute at first. I'm getting embarrassed for you at this point. I think you want Hazen to win more than your actual team.

who-knew

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 08:24:52 am
Far more likely to miss on the Mineral vs Hampton game than anything. But still riding coattails I see. It was boyish cute at first. I'm getting embarrassed for you at this point. I think you want Hazen to win more than your actual team.
72 your an idiot, picks not riding coat tails, he knows talent when he sees it, and furthermore he really doesn't like Hazen he's a die hard Eagle fan

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 08:24:52 am

and I think you are a dumbarss, but thats just my opinion. maybe if you knew me, or them, or anyone other than your mom, you would understand. im sorry they are fixing to beat one of your magnificent 2A-7 schools. you know, the one that has never won more than 2 playoff games in one season. im not riding coattails, heck my team has won more than hazen, and way more than the almighty gurdon. but  it is cute (well maybe a little scary) that you came up with "boyish cute" on a football discussion. did your mom type that for you?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on November 13, 2018, 08:34:39 am
72 your an idiot, picks not riding coat tails, he knows talent when he sees it, and furthermore he really doesn't like Hazen he's a die hard Eagle fan

you are exactly right, I don't like hazen, I do know some of the players and a lot of the parents. but I hope hazen wins once the playoffs start until we play them. and I do think Hazen has the talent, momentum and desire for the young man from last years team to excel.

Redzone

Nothing shows your mental age more than using "your mom" jokes 🤦🏻‍♂️

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on November 13, 2018, 08:53:00 am
Nothing shows your mental age more than using "your mom" jokes 🤦🏻‍♂️

The difference is, those were not jokes. Those are most likely facts. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

baseball13

Quote from: Redzone on November 13, 2018, 08:53:00 am
Nothing shows your mental age more than using “your mom” jokes 🤦🏻‍♂️

I agree. There is a difference in disagreeing but for some reason Pick always has to try and downgrade someone. or their family.

BLUEBLOOD

I'll take:

Gurdon to beat Hazen in a great game
Foreman to easily beat Magazine
MI by double digits over Hector
Mineral Springs to lose at Hampton in a close one

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 13, 2018, 09:30:42 am #15 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:39:01 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: baseball13 on November 13, 2018, 09:11:53 am

I agree. There is a difference in disagreeing but for some reason Pick always has to try and downgrade someone. or their family.

But it's ok for the south ark posters to say similar things. Yea ok.

It's all just playing around, you south ark guys sure do get in your feelings awfully fast and easy. sorry I imposed on yalls safe place. ❄❄

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2018, 09:30:42 am
But it's ok for the south ark posters to say similar things. Yea ok.

It's all just playing around, you south ark guys sure do get in your feelings awfully fast and easy. sorry I imposed on yalls safe place. ❄❄
Your comments were directed at me and I took 0 offense to it. When I get on this board I fully embrace the standard IQ of Fearless posters. This is no different.

72aDaddy

Quote from: who-knew on November 13, 2018, 08:34:39 am
Oh, the irony...Couldn't make it up even if I wanted. Carry on.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 10:21:57 am
Your comments were directed at me and I took 0 offense to it. When I get on this board I fully embrace the standard IQ of Fearless posters. This is no different.

yes, I know the standard IQ on here is higher than you are used to, and we try to over look it, but sometimes you just don't know when to not type anything and just stay quiet. maybe some day, maybe some day.

godgiven999

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 10:21:57 am
:o

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2018, 10:26:04 am
yes, I know the standard IQ on here is higher than you are used to, and we try to over look it, but sometimes you just don't know when to not type anything and just stay quiet. maybe some day, maybe some day.
I bet you your intellect exceeds your own expectations. To that, good for you.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 10:29:10 am
I bet you your intellect exceeds your own expectations. To that, good for you.

naw, I have zero expectations of myself. just make money, take care of my kids and mess around on here.

who-knew

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 10:24:32 am
Oh, the irony...Couldn't make it up even if I wanted. Carry on.
You should spend more time in your books instead of on your phone while in school😁

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2018, 10:30:44 am

naw, I have zero expectations of myself. just make money, take care of my kids and mess around on here.
Ah, yes, the words of self defeat. Real debate is meant for higher learners and result driven human beings. I see why you take offense to my every post. As you were...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 13, 2018, 10:53:13 am #24 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:08:30 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 13, 2018, 10:39:49 am
Ah, yes, the words of self defeat. Real debate is meant for higher learners and result driven human beings. I see why you take offense to my every post. As you were...

NAW, no chance at self defeat or defeat by you for that matter, just zero need in me explaining my self expectations to some one from south Arkansas. your lack of intellect has ZERO affect on my life. you are just helping me pass time between customers.

Hornetsfan02

Y'all are reallllll funny. How long ago was it that Spring Hill beat hazen?

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 13, 2018, 12:08:37 pm
Y'all are reallllll funny. How long ago was it that Spring Hill beat hazen?

Hornetsfan02

Thanks old scrapper! I just don't understand why y'all used that as a measuring stick for this game. This years seniors were in THE 3RD GRADE when that happened.

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 13, 2018, 04:18:30 pm
Thanks old scrapper! I just don't understand why y'all used that as a measuring stick for this game. This years seniors were in THE 3RD GRADE when that happened.
They're just using that as an example of how upsets can happen and it's a little more "personal" of an example because it included one of the teams, Hazen.  Just sayin haha

Hornetsfan02

Yeah upsets do happen. Just look at the MS vs Foreman game lol

OLionSwag74

Foreman easily beats Magazine
Gurdon shocks Hazen
Mount Ida wins handily, wont be easy at Hector
Mineral beats Hampton for the second year in a row

Kevin

anything can happen in this classification

Dapper Dan

It's going to take a lot more than 1 to beat Hampton. The only time we will be within one of MS is at the opening kick off.

who-knew

Gurdon @ Hazen - The Go-Devils have a 129 mile trip to face the only undefeated team in class 2-A. The Hornets have used their high powered offense which is averaging over 48 ppg and their stingy defense that is giving up just 9 ppg to run through their schedule without a blemish. That being said only three of those opponents finished either at or above .500 on the year. Gurdon is 9-2 with losses to class 4-A Haskell and Foreman. The Go-Devils have averaged just shy of 33 ppg and has given up 13 against a schedule that had three opponents above .500 as well. I think this one will be a close one and could very well end in a Go-Devil victory, but there is no denying they are the underdog. I will be cheering for the Devils, but have to give the nod to the Hornets by 10.

Hazen held Gurdon to 8 total yards while they took the #2 seed out behind the woodshed and gave them a good ole fashion whoopin.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas