• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Clinton

Started by jay nelvin, November 09, 2018, 09:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 11:26:46 am
Haha isn't that like saying Arkansas could have won an SEC title by now if they weren't in the same conference as Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc??
Not at all. Its more like saying Arkansas could have won a D-2 title if they weren't in D-1 with the likes of Alabama, etc.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 10, 2018, 03:10:25 pm
They did in 4A . They know what fast is and have played fast people before. It's going to be a good game that's for sure. Clinton loves to run so may be exciting!

That is true he was just meaning this year. It should be a good game though.

Headhunter15

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 02:44:52 pm
Since 2010:

2-2 against Dollarway
1-2 against Newport

Pure domination. Clinton sure "ran the ball all day" against them. Wow!!

I took your advice and did the research. I found out BannerMountainMan is still wrong, which is the point I made in the first place before you decided to hijack the argument for him, and I also confirmed that Clinton is an absolute powerhouse now that they're in the 3A!! Fascinating!

Sincerely,

Keyboard Warrior

Lol

FootballSpotlight

Ready for Friday not gonna lie nerves were shot all week over Charleston. If Clinton cleans up penalties they will be hard to beat imo. It's great to see such amazing athletes from all over.

CoolBreeze

November 10, 2018, 03:15:45 pm #54 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:18:49 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 12:47:12 pm
Oh I've been caught on the whole time. I'm just trying to verify the logic, or lack thereof, behind what you're saying.

By responding with a comparison which is not analogous. Your desired conclusion does not follow. Divine illogic.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 02:44:52 pm
Since 2010:

2-2 against Dollarway
1-2 against Newport

Pure domination. Clinton sure "ran the ball all day" against them. Wow!!

I took your advice and did the research. I found out BannerMountainMan is still wrong, which is the point I made in the first place before you decided to hijack the argument for him, and I also confirmed that Clinton is an absolute powerhouse now that they're in the 3A!! Fascinating!

Sincerely,

Keyboard Warrior
Brother, I said Clinton can run the ball anytime they want in 3a and I said those teams like Newport and Dollarway were the reason it was hard to play In 4a because they were freaking good, I said nothing about Clinton running the ball all over them😂 since I have been reading this board, all you do is put words in other people's mouth

Baby Blues give me poos

Clinton's previous seasons don't matter, they won't help you this season! The topic should be who is going to win Friday and I believe Clinton wins it! That's all that matters.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 10, 2018, 03:33:38 pm
Brother, I said Clinton can run the ball anytime they want in 3a and I said those teams like Newport and Dollarway were the reason it was hard to play In 4a because they were freaking good, I said nothing about Clinton running the ball all over them😂 since I have been reading this board, all you do is put words in other people's mouth

Thank you I am glad someone else noticed this! It is crazy what you type and adds things to it to support his side of the discussion.  ;D

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2018, 03:15:45 pm
By responding with a comparison which is not analogous. Your desired conclusion does not follow. Divine illogic.

Is there a way to like a post on here like Twitter? lol

SR30

Geez you keep going back to 4A this and 4A that. What grade where these kids in when Clinton was in 4A. Just because teams from the past played 4A speed doesn't mean these kids have. You bringing up 4A is no different than bringing up past state championships. If you are gonna argue at least use the present teams not past.

BannerMountainMan

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: SR30 on November 10, 2018, 03:59:25 pm
Geez you keep going back to 4A this and 4A that. What grade where these kids in when Clinton was in 4A. Just because teams from the past played 4A speed doesn't mean these kids have. You bringing up 4A is no different than bringing up past state championships. If you are gonna argue at least use the present teams not past.

I agree with you was just trying to set the facts straight. But at the end of the day playing in the 4A for Clinton has no effect on this team and will not help or hurt them.

elmerfudd

Haha the density level is getting high in here.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 10, 2018, 04:20:16 pm
Haha the density level is getting high in here.

What % do you think we are at?

WHITEchicken

Y'all said we wouldn't hold y'all to 21 work order. You better watch saying someone can't do something against your wolves.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 10, 2018, 04:28:28 pm
Y'all said we wouldn't hold y'all to 21 work order. You better watch saying someone can't do something against your wolves.
You did but remember our quarterback was out the second half with leg cramps and we had fumbled going in the end zone to go up two scores with a few minutes left. Just saying! I know you will say you forced  all the fumbles so we will agree to disagree. 😁

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 10, 2018, 04:38:11 pm
You did but remember our quarterback was out the second half with leg cramps and we had fumbled going in the end zone to go up two scores with a few minutes left. Just saying! I know you will say you forced  all the fumbles so we will agree to disagree. 😁

Glad you stopped by so was it just cramps that kept #9 out of the game against Smackover? I was wondering watching the game.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: AllBarkNoBite on November 10, 2018, 04:49:15 pm
Glad you stopped by so was it just cramps that kept #9 out of the game against Smackover? I was wondering watching the game.
I was watching him on the sidelines in the second half and it look to me like he was trying to stretch out his leg cramps. It was a hot night and he had trouble with cramps in a previous game also. He should have hydrated himself better before the game but paid the price and hurt his team by not being able to play the second half. Smackover didn't have a answer for him the first half, he ran all over them. Hopefully the rest of the games will be played in cold weather so he won't have that problem again.

BuckHead

November 10, 2018, 05:46:25 pm #68 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:48:59 pm by BuckHead
I asked how many of those fumbles were forced and how many were actually recovered by Smackover.. Still no answer lol. I also asked if Prescott remembers Turner fumbling inside our own 20 to set up a touchdown for Prescott.. Both teams made mistakes in that ball game. Both teams also dropped a couple easy passes that could've easily been scores along with a few terrible calls by the refs. It's called football. At the end of the day Smackover left with the W. No team has scored over 26 points on Smackover this year. Also, Smackover always adjust well in the 2nd half.  Foreman, Junction City, Prescott, or Harmony Grove did NOT score on Smackover after halftime. That's called coaches making adjustments. So we can talk about all the mistakes we want but holding 2 of the top 3 teams in 2A and 2 top 10 3A teams to 0 points after halftime needs to be brought into the talk too then. 

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 10, 2018, 05:10:10 pm
I was watching him on the sidelines in the second half and it look to me like he was trying to stretch out his leg cramps. It was a hot night and he had trouble with cramps in a previous game also. He should have hydrated himself better before the game but paid the price and hurt his team by not being able to play the second half. Smackover didn't have a answer for him the first half, he ran all over them. Hopefully the rest of the games will be played in cold weather so he won't have that problem again.

Oh alright I saw him go down very awkwardly on the sideline in the game and thought maybe that had something to do with it. The guy looks good super lanky not sure about how good his arm his didnt see him throw much in that game. But man he can move looks like a good player.

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: BuckHead on November 10, 2018, 05:46:25 pm
I asked how many of those fumbles were forced and how many were actually recovered by Smackover.. Still no answer lol. I also asked if Prescott remembers Turner fumbling inside our own 20 to set up a touchdown for Prescott.. Both teams made mistakes in that ball game. Both teams also dropped a couple easy passes that could've easily been scores along with a few terrible calls by the refs. It's called football. At the end of the day Smackover left with the W. No team has scored over 26 points on Smackover this year. Also, Smackover always adjust well in the 2nd half.  Foreman, Junction City, Prescott, or Harmony Grove did NOT score on Smackover after halftime. That's called coaches making adjustments. So we can talk about all the mistakes we want but holding 2 of the top 3 teams in 2A and 2 top 10 3A teams to 0 points after halftime needs to be brought into the talk too then.

In watching that game it was sooooo sloppy. From the penalties to both teams turning the ball over multiple times. Smackover fumbled inside the 15 at one point and Prescott fumbled on a play that I thought the player scored on it was a crazy game.

Linebacker

Every team can make ajustments at halftime. That's the name of the game I thought?smackover won the game against Prescott by one point. Still been great if Prescott's quarterback could have been healthy the whole game to find out who was actually the better team.

SR30

I thought this was Prescott vs Clinton thread??? Not shoulda, coulda, woulda, thread!!!!

flow51

Quote from: SR30 on November 10, 2018, 07:02:09 pm
I thought this was Prescott vs Clinton thread??? Not shoulda, coulda, woulda, thread!!!!
+1

FootballSpotlight

Sick Dog

Quote from: BuckHead on November 10, 2018, 05:46:25 pm
Do u think your coach can come teach our coaches the halftime adjustment of when ur down 6 with 3 min left to make the other team score and throw the ball down right before he crosses the G-Line? Ur ridiculous! Only adjustments y'all made was getting the RB eligible. Or otherwise y'all would have traveled to Newport Or Osceola this past weekend. And would be dribbling basketballs right now. This is a Clinton Prescott thread. Gonna be a good one. 2 good teams and the players will decide the outcome not adjustments at halftime. Why wouldn't those be made before the game. Good coaches have a plan before the game starts not after a half has been played. Good lick to the Wolves and Jackets. A good team will end it's season Friday night.

BuckHead

Throw the ball down? Good try.. He was stripped.. The games Turner missed we still won so what are you saying? Adjustments are made before the game starts by looking at film. Other adjustments have to be made after the game starts because both teams only adjusted to what was seen on tape.

philip.seaton

Question for Prescott fans, I was reading in today's Dem-Gaz, is this right? With 22 seconds left, up 35-6 at the Mountain View 16 and you don't take a knee in the victory formation, you score? Curious.

SR30

Could one of you admin step in and do your job. This has went to a poor pitiful bunch of whiners talking about past games!! THE TOPIC IS PRESCOTT VS CLINTON YOU BOTARDS!!!

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 10, 2018, 09:01:16 pm
Question for Prescott fans, I was reading in today's Dem-Gaz, is this right? With 22 seconds left, up 35-6 at the Mountain View 16 and you don't take a knee in the victory formation, you score? Curious.
I wasn't there but that doesn't sound like something our coaches would do. Heck we beat Charleston 36 to 22 in the 2016 state championship game and we could have scored again at the end of the game but took ak knee. Our coaches are real good at showing good sportsmanship and putting in subs early in the game. It wouldn't prove anything to score again against a 2 and 8 Mountain View team.

KOJACK

November 10, 2018, 09:51:15 pm #80 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:55:06 pm by KOJACK
Quote from: philip.seaton on November 10, 2018, 09:01:16 pm
Yes. our 9th grade center snapped it to our 9th grade qb  who handed it to our 9th grade running back who got a block from our 9th grade receiver and scored...not like Clinton keeping their starting o line and the starting d in the whole game against charleston. If you can't keep 9th graders from scoring maybe you shouldn't be in the playoffs...js

blackandoldgold

Going with Clinton in a hard fought game. If my team wasn't playing Friday night, THIS would be the game I would want to see.

philip.seaton

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2018, 09:51:15 pm
Yes. our 9th grade center snapped it to our 9th grade qb  who handed it to our 9th grade running back who got a block from our 9th grade receiver and scored...not like Clinton keeping their starting o line and the starting d in the whole game against charleston. If you can't keep 9th graders from scoring maybe you shouldn't be in the playoffs...js

And the point of it was? They had a whole junior high season and will have three years to score touchdowns. If it was a seldom-played senior or someone going for a school record, then I could see it. That's why asked. But in this situation, it was unnecessary and says more about the program than anything else.

There was 22 seconds left, not 7:22 left, so give me a break about stopping ninth-graders. Sportsmanship and humility is something that should be taught to ninth-graders too. 

1wildcat

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 10, 2018, 10:26:01 pm
And the point of it was? They had a whole junior high season and will have three years to score touchdowns. If it was a seldom-played senior or someone going for a school record, then I could see it. That's why asked. But in this situation, it was unnecessary and says more about the program than anything else.

There was 22 seconds left, not 7:22 left, so give me a break about stopping ninth-graders. Sportsmanship and humility is something that should be taught to ninth-graders too.

If it was actually all 9th graders in the game I really doubt the coach expected that play to turn into a score.

But I disagree with your line of thinking on this. I mean it's not the coaches job to instruct his team not to score. It's the opposing coaches job to teach his team to stop them.

Sportsmanship was on display when the 9th graders took the field.

philip.seaton

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 10, 2018, 10:38:05 pm
If it was actually all 9th graders in the game I really doubt the coach expected that play to turn into a score.

But I disagree with your line of thinking on this. I mean it's not the coaches job to instruct his team not to score. It's the opposing coaches job to teach his team to stop them.

Sportsmanship was on display when the 9th graders took the field.

Have you not seen a team take the "victory formation" with 22 seconds left? I bet the junior high team at Prescott used it this season. It the coaches job to teach sportsmanship and humility too.

We are not talking 7:22 left in the game, we are not talking 3:22 left in the game, we are not even talking 1:22 left in the game, if we were I would probably agree with you. But there was 22 seconds left, a knee ended the game, instead they scored. Sorry, I stand my statement.

Should be a good game Friday night in Clinton. Seen them early in the season, a very good team.

rooftops

For the record, Clinton is 2-2 vs Newport. Clinton beat Newport 55-33 in 2010 and 56-21 in 2011. For the record, those two Newport teams won 4 games each. That is is worst 2 year record since the 1973 and 1974. Newport won 63-28 in 12 and 27-21 in 2013. Those Newport teams won 8 games and 9 games respectfully. And for the record, none of this has anything to do with Clinton vs Prescott in 2018. Good luck to both teams.

Skip Baymore

November 10, 2018, 11:46:41 pm #86 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:56:02 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: beach bum on November 09, 2018, 09:41:37 pm
Prescott 48 Clinton 20

Good stuff.  Shifting the argument for 1-3A  (definitely not doing that now anymore one could argue) into an argument against 2-3A.  Youre in a good place, IMO.  Not exactly what argument youre making, but I know youre gonna be right in the end no matter whatever happens in all these games. 

SR30

November 11, 2018, 05:55:27 am #87 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:41:34 am by SR30
My brother pushed his best friend down in 1997 and made him hurt himself. In 2001 that friend pushed sammy who fell on top of margery which caused her to push little tommy the 1st grader down. Well then little tommy told his mom who come to school in 2004 and kicked franky in the nuts causing him to fall on shanika Quan who broke her pinky toe. 10 years later at the class reunion shanika found adrian and broke that pinky toe off in his rearend!! 9 months later in 2015 adrian gave birth to a 6lb 7ounce 9 toed foot. He was so mad that in 2020 he sued Thomas hearneiberg for defamation of foot, therefore adrian was 1-0 against the foot clan..

Geez you people are talking about irrelevant junk. Wth do teams 1973, 1975, 2010 or 12 0r 15 have to do with a game Friday night??

FootballSpotlight

November 11, 2018, 07:38:58 am #88 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:47:10 am by FootballSpotlight
The true facts is nobody knows how this game is really gonna go. We will all see Friday with hopefully Clinton on top.

panther07

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 11, 2018, 07:38:58 am
The true facts is nobody knows how this game is reallly gonna go. We will all see Friday with hopefully Clinton on top.

Do you know any facts that aren't true?

Leo Marvin

I think the key in this game will be Prescott's defensive line.   Not sure how they stack up.  I'm going to assume Clinton still throws a wall of blockers, and the other team better not get on their heels.

FootballSpotlight

1wildcat

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 10, 2018, 11:15:22 pm
Have you not seen a team take the "victory formation" with 22 seconds left? I bet the junior high team at Prescott used it this season. It the coaches job to teach sportsmanship and humility too.

We are not talking 7:22 left in the game, we are not talking 3:22 left in the game, we are not even talking 1:22 left in the game, if we were I would probably agree with you. But there was 22 seconds left, a knee ended the game, instead they scored. Sorry, I stand my statement.

Should be a good game Friday night in Clinton. Seen them early in the season, a very good team.

Sure I have, also seen them put in a bunch of youngsters and play to the very end. Either way is fine.

Agree to disagree.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on November 11, 2018, 05:55:27 am
My brother pushed his best friend down in 1997 and made him hurt himself. In 2001 that friend pushed sammy who fell on top of margery which caused her to push little tommy the 1st grader down. Well then little tommy told his mom who come to school in 2004 and kicked franky in the nuts causing him to fall on shanika Quan who broke her pinky toe. 10 years later at the class reunion shanika found adrian and broke that pinky toe off in his rearend!! 9 months later in 2015 adrian gave birth to a 6lb 7ounce 9 toed foot. He was so mad that in 2020 he sued Thomas hearneiberg for defamation of foot, therefore adrian was 1-0 against the foot clan..

Geez you people are talking about irrelevant junk. Wth do teams 1973, 1975, 2010 or 12 0r 15 have to do with a game Friday night??
Drugs are bad.

HeadBussa08

This is a great 2nd round Matchup in the playoffs. Two very talented teams going at it. Prescott by 7 in a good one!

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2018, 09:51:15 pm

Who would of thought you would of thought you of all people would get upset over a question.... lol

AllBarkNoBite

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 10, 2018, 11:15:22 pm

If I ever figure out how to clap on this thing you will for sure be recieving one sir!

rooftops

November 11, 2018, 01:29:20 pm #97 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:43:03 pm by rooftops
Quote from: SR30 on November 11, 2018, 05:55:27 am

Geez you people are talking about irrelevant junk. Wth do teams 1973, 1975, 2010 or 12 0r 15 have to do with a game Friday night?

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 10, 2018, 06:58:25 am
What are state titles gone do on the field next Friday lol ? I hate when people throw that up as if it's gonna give a team bonus points and help them win😂
Some people just love living in the past. Probably a shoe salesman.  ::)

1wildcat

Quote from: AllBarkNoBite on November 11, 2018, 01:26:21 pm
If I ever figure out how to clap on this thing you will for sure be recieving one sir!
Look to the far left of your screen, under his screen name you should see the words "clap" and "slap" in red. Just click on your choice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas