• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A predictions by Hootens

Started by Reddie20, November 06, 2018, 12:03:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddie20

Here are the predictions from Hootens:

HS Lakeside vs. Blytheville(17)
Parkview vs. Morrilton(11)
Nettleton vs. Texarkana(18)
Greenbrier vs. LRCA(20)
Alma vs. PA(25)
Valley View vs. McClellan(14)
White Hall vs. Harrison(27)
Camden Fairview vs. Wynne(2)

I agree with the top part of the back for the most part, Parkview is going to give Mo-Town a pretty good game but the others won't be close.  PA prediction is probably right because I don't see Alma keeping up with them on field or scoreboard. McClellan will be Valley View by more than 14 points, I don't understand why this game is picked so close but White Hall vs Harrison is such a blow out.  My opinion White Hall has the best chance for an upset @ Harrison or will play it close.  White Hall will be the most athletic and dynamic team Harrison has seen all year so that "10-0" record will be tested this week. If White Hall was in the west, they would have won that conference or been the #2 seed behind Morrilton if Criswell had played all season IMO. Camden Fairview wins their game by a touchdown or two, I think they will be more physical than Wynne.

PeteG

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 06, 2018, 12:03:40 pm

HS Lakeside vs. Blytheville(17)
Parkview vs. Morrilton(11)
Nettleton vs. Texarkana(18)
Greenbrier vs. LRCA(20)
Alma vs. PA(25)
Valley View vs. McClellan(14)
Camden Fairview vs. Wynne(2)

I agree with the top part of the back for the most part, Parkview is going to give Mo-Town a pretty good game but the others won't be close.  PA prediction is probably right because I don't see Alma keeping up with them on field or scoreboard. McClellan will be Valley View by more than 14 points, I don't understand why this game is picked so close but White Hall vs Harrison is such a blow out.  My opinion White Hall has the best chance for an upset @ Harrison or will play it close.  White Hall will be the most athletic and dynamic team Harrison has seen all year so that "10-0" record will be tested this week. If White Hall was in the west, they would have won that conference or been the #2 seed behind Morrilton if Criswell had played all season IMO. Camden Fairview wins their game by a touchdown or two, I think they will be more physical than Wynne.

Don't put too much stock in the White Hall is more athletic and dynamic argument. Harrison is a well rounded team. They can run it, throw it and stop the run and the pass. Hard to beat a team like that.

Reddie20

Quote from: PeteG on November 06, 2018, 12:25:58 pm
Don't put too much stock in the White Hall is more athletic and dynamic argument. Harrison is a well rounded team. They can run it, throw it and stop the run and the pass. Hard to beat a team like that.

Harrison is a really good football team.  They are big/strong up front on offense, that running back is one of the best in the state, front 7 on defense is hard-nosed against the run but I don't think the secondary has seen a team that can run like White Hall.  I really like their O-line play but they are slow when they pull to block.  Running back is a really good runner but White Hall has seen guys like him all year.  They don't throw it very well from what I've seen. I love their linebacker play, those guys read it quick and get there. They just haven't had to cover RB out of the back field that can really run this year.  White Hall receivers will run by them in man to man or catch it underneath and be able to run by them.  I'm not saying White Hall will win but I have seen both teams play this year and IMO I believe White Hall is more athletic and Harrison hasn't seen that all year.

Sasquatch71

I think it will be a good game but I think people are grossly under estimating the athleticism in Harrison.  Husky might be THE best back in the state of Arkansas.  The defense is what people seem to doubt.  They are REALLY good.  I am excited to watch a great game. GO GOBS!!!  Harrison 14

Go Postal

It won't be the first time that Harrison lost after a undefeated regular season, 1989, 2003.
I hope that 2018 will be like 1951 and 1999 being the exceptions.

Go Postal

Harrison by 27.  Wow, I guess someone in Little Rock likes Harrison.  But is that 27 after the Goblins invoke the sportsmanship rule?  LOL

Reddie20

Sasquatch71 I hope it is a good ball game as well.  Two different styles of football on both sides, I just like good football and both team have played it most of the year. 

Postal got jokes but I don't think it will be anywhere near the sportsmanship rule. I know Harrison's defense has been stout all year but I think White Hall scores way over Harrison's 8ppg on defense.  It will be cold so we will see which team is tough enough but the Gobs soccer team should start practicing next week or after thanksgiving depending on giving the field a week break or so.

JacketFan

Quote from the Jackets coach regarding the first round playoff game against Camden Fairview," Wynne coach Van Paschal says. "It's not a good matchup for us. We'll have to win with heart and tradition."  We got loads of talent, and a jon boat full of Heart and Tradition, the Delta Swarm is ready for Camden sir.  Go Jackets

Go Postal

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 06, 2018, 01:37:52 pm
Sasquatch71 I hope it is a good ball game as well.  Two different styles of football on both sides, I just like good football and both team have played it most of the year. 

Postal got jokes but I don't think it will be anywhere near the sportsmanship rule. I know Harrison's defense has been stout all year but I think White Hall scores way over Harrison's 8ppg on defense.  It will be cold so we will see which team is tough enough but the Gobs soccer team should start practicing next week or after thanksgiving depending on giving the field a week break or so.
You've not been to Harrison in awhile, have you.  We have 3 other real grass soccer fields and a indoor 50 yd practice field.  So both of or boys and girls teams won't be needing the stadium for awhile.  But thank you for your concern.  Heck if PA wants to, we can hold the semifinals here if need be  ;D

Chief_Osceola™

One does not simply walk into Crooked Creek and come away with a victory.

Postal, you need to make a Boromir meme.

the voice

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 06, 2018, 12:42:42 pm
Harrison is a really good football team.  They are big/strong up front on offense, that running back is one of the best in the state, front 7 on defense is hard-nosed against the run but I don't think the secondary has seen a team that can run like White Hall.  I really like their O-line play but they are slow when they pull to block.  Running back is a really good runner but White Hall has seen guys like him all year.  They don't throw it very well from what I've seen. I love their linebacker play, those guys read it quick and get there. They just haven't had to cover RB out of the back field that can really run this year.  White Hall receivers will run by them in man to man or catch it underneath and be able to run by them.  I'm not saying White Hall will win but I have seen both teams play this year and IMO I believe White Hall is more athletic and Harrison hasn't seen that all year.
Harrison has seen athletes this season. No offense , but the husky kid isn't your run of the mill great high school player.  There are not players like him at schools all over the state. He's very talented and truly a special player. I can't understand why people continue to think Harrison had a easy road to 10-0. They're a title contender. 

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 08, 2018, 10:33:44 pm
One does not simply walk into Crooked Creek and come away with a victory.

incogneto

November 09, 2018, 07:33:33 am #12 Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:42:10 am by incogneto
Quote from: the voice on November 09, 2018, 12:42:03 am
Harrison has seen athletes this season. No offense , but the husky kid isn't your run of the mill great high school player.  There are not players like him at schools all over the state. He's very talented and truly a special player. I can't understand why people continue to think Harrison had a easy road to 10-0. They're a title contender.
Who have they played? 

je100

Quote from: incogneto on November 09, 2018, 07:33:33 am
Who have they played?

They've had a pretty easy schedule.  Their only quality win was against Morrilton.  The rest of their resume is built on how they've won.  And yes, they look dominant against Huntsville, Farmington, Alma, etc.  But I think we'll know more after tonight.

incogneto

Quote from: je100 on November 09, 2018, 09:00:46 am
They've had a pretty easy schedule.  Their only quality win was against Morrilton.  The rest of their resume is built on how they've won.  And yes, they look dominant against Huntsville, Farmington, Alma, etc.  But I think we'll know more after tonight.
I agree in there are a lot of questions?  I cannot help but think the lack of competition may bite them.  Thier best win is also their worst game.  They only beat a severely wounded Morrilton team by 12.  The rain argument would mean something if everyone else played inside.

TrenchHogs

Does Blytheville have a shot to make a deep run? They seem to be pretty physical this season and big up front and of course they will have speed.

OB11

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 09, 2018, 09:40:44 am
Does Blytheville have a shot to make a deep run? They seem to be pretty physical this season and big up front and of course they will have speed.

If they can keep composure through 4 full quarters they can play with anyone.

the voice

Quote from: incogneto on November 09, 2018, 09:26:57 am
I agree in there are a lot of questions?  I cannot help but think the lack of competition may bite them.  Thier best win is also their worst game.  They only beat a severely wounded Morrilton team by 12.  The rain argument would mean something if everyone else played inside.
I understand the arguments, fair enough. I'm not a Harrison resident or parent. But I'll tell you this , them losing him last year killed their playoff chance. This year everyone knew what he could do and he did it anyway.  I stand by my statement as I've seen him the last two seasons. Their play will prove it I think.

Go Postal

You know this would be the same statement for PA, just change Morrilton with LRCA and the rest of the West teams with Central teams.  :o

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 09, 2018, 10:56:55 am
You know this would be the same statement for PA, just change Morrilton with LRCA and the rest of the West teams with Central teams.  :o

I will just say this and then just let it ride; any perceived schedule weakness for PA hasn't affected their playoff performance in the past and I still think that their biggest challenge this year will be McClellan

TrenchHogs

Quote from: OB11 on November 09, 2018, 09:50:52 am
If they can keep composure through 4 full quarters they can play with anyone.

I think Coach Fisher has done a dang good job up there. Would be nice to see a playoff run out of them.

Go Postal

Quote from: Overdahill on November 09, 2018, 11:05:00 am
I will just say this and then just let it ride; any perceived schedule weakness for PA hasn't affected their playoff performance in the past and I still think that their biggest challenge this year will be McClellan
I totally agree that PA should watch out for McClellan.

Rocket23

Defense wins games this time of year.  If Harrison has a defense, they could go all the way.

LRCA has the offense now with Justice back, but we are banged up on the defensive side of the ball and our run D is a weakness right now.  That is why I am apprehensive about predicting anything for us beyond tonight.  Greenbrier's lack of rushing offense is what makes me feel better about tonight.

Heck this time of year anything can happen, that is why I love high school football playoff time.  The 5A playoffs should be as good as any class in the state.

OB11

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 09, 2018, 11:36:32 am
I think Coach Fisher has done a dang good job up there. Would be nice to see a playoff run out of them.

Absolutely...I don't know him personally but from the outside looking in, he is a heck of a coach and even better person.

Go Postal

Quote from: the voice on November 09, 2018, 12:42:03 am

I heard that Huskey used to play at the wildlife refuge in Eureka Springs when he was younger.

WTD

Two of the top RB's in 5A going at it. I believe Harrison/White Hall will be a good game!

JacketFan

Quote from: OB11 on November 09, 2018, 12:34:09 pm
Absolutely...I don't know him personally but from the outside looking in, he is a heck of a coach and even better person.
Coach Fisher is one heckuva class act, Blytheville is blessed to have him, good luck from Wynne tonite Coach, us Jacket alums are proud of you brother.  Go Chicks

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: JacketFan on November 09, 2018, 01:29:37 pm
Coach Fisher is one heckuva class act, Blytheville is blessed to have him, good luck from Wynne tonite Coach, us Jacket alums are proud of you brother.  Go Chicks

Heard he got coference coach of the year, congrats! There's a couple of former Jackets coaching that team, good job guys. good luck tonight...

TrenchHogs

Quote from: OB11 on November 09, 2018, 12:34:09 pm

I agree.

TrenchHogs

Quote from: Go Postal on November 09, 2018, 12:39:49 pm
I heard that Huskey used to play at the wildlife refuge in Eureka Springs when he was younger.

I wish that back at Beebe was a little bigger. Taylor Boyce is his name but I would say he was one of the top 5 backs in Arkansas this season. He had several games with over 200 yards rushing and even more in all purpose yards. One heck of a back that I've seen play in recent years.

the voice

Quote from: the voice on November 09, 2018, 10:06:50 am
I understand the arguments, fair enough. I'm not a Harrison resident or parent. But I'll tell you this , them losing him last year killed their playoff chance. This year everyone knew what he could do and he did it anyway.  I stand by my statement as I've seen him the last two seasons. Their play will prove it I think.

I think Harrison has seen players like WH , question is had they seen anyone like Huskey ???
🤔 don't doubt them.

Go Postal

Harrison 49
White Hall 7

Goblins 11-0

Harrison gets noticed by other conferences.

GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

Go Postal

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 06, 2018, 12:03:40 pm

I don't understand why White Hall vs Harrison is such a blow out.  My opinion White Hall has the best chance for an upset @ Harrison or will play it close.  White Hall will be the most athletic and dynamic team Harrison has seen all year so that "10-0" record will be tested this week. If White Hall was in the west, they would have won that conference or been the #2 seed behind Morrilton if Criswell had played all season IMO.
Quote from: incogneto on November 09, 2018, 07:33:33 am
Who have they played?
Quote from: incogneto on November 09, 2018, 09:26:57 am
Hey voice, I guess all the arm chair quarterbacks are right in this thread and other threads.  Harrison's offense is still playing that easy schedule and because of lack of competition, their defense is still looking for some quality opponents to play.

GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

the voice

Exactly, funny how weak the West was. Lol. Every conference has tough teams and weak teams. Harrison lucked their way to 11 straight wins lol ,  I think the gobs are on a mission , maybe even out for a little pay back from last year , glad we are on opposite sides !!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas