• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Westside vs. Dardanelle

Started by BigRiverviewGuy, November 05, 2018, 11:06:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRiverviewGuy

I hear Dardanelle is pretty banged up, and Jonesboro coming off a big loss, thoughts on this game?

Redskin2015

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on November 05, 2018, 11:06:51 am
I hear Dardanelle is pretty banged up, and Jonesboro coming off a big loss, thoughts on this game?
If Dardanelle has a pretty good run defense and can pass the ball effecintly they should take this one

Gray lizard

Home field advantage is big at Dardanelle.  I expect them to be ready to play.

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 05, 2018, 11:20:04 am
Home field advantage is big at Dardanelle.  I expect them to be ready to play.

They take this game then Stuttgart, at Stuttgart, scary :o

Gray lizard

Dardanelle has only had 5 home losses in the last 5 years. 4 of the 5 were playoff games 2nd round or later.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 05, 2018, 11:28:52 am
Dardanelle has only had 5 home losses in the last 5 years. 4 of the 5 were playoff games 2nd round or later.
Westside can play tough though. They handed Rivercrest their only loss of the season.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 05, 2018, 12:11:54 pm
Westside can play tough though. They handed Rivercrest their only loss of the season.

And got manhandled by Gosnell last week.

OB11

Rivercrest seems to always have a weird loss somewhere. Lost to Paragould a couple of years ago. Few years back they lost to Manila of all teams. Last year lost to Newport (not saying Newport was not good, but probably should not have lost that game.) At the end of both of those seasons they ended up in the state championship game.

bigchief72455

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 05, 2018, 12:35:24 pm
And got manhandled by Gosnell last week.
Gosnell was also healthy and at full strength for the first time since non conf.

phdefense

I am not superstitious, but I would not be heartbroken if the players from the team that wins this matchup yell at Stuttgart's coaches after the game.

Gray lizard

Quote from: phdefense on November 05, 2018, 12:48:59 pm
I am not superstitious, but I would not be heartbroken if the players from the team that wins this matchup yell at Stuttgart's coaches after the game.
Has to more details that goes with this post.

phdefense

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 05, 2018, 01:19:49 pm
Has to more details that goes with this post.
In 2012 the Stuttgart coaches were scouting Dardanelle vs Pocahontas game in the first round. Some of the Dardanelle players feeling good after soundly beating the Redskins decided to go yell at the Stuttgart coaches as they were walking out of the stadium. News of what happened made it back to the Grand Prairie the community was incensed, to say the least. What happened the next week was not pretty.

Warriorfan21

From film this should be a good game. Is there field grass or turf? On the gosnell loss did u guys not see westside missing energy? After the loss to trumann I dont think they were to concerned about sharing conference more then extending there season.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on November 05, 2018, 01:42:03 pm
From film this should be a good game. Is there field grass or turf? On the gosnell loss did u guys not see westside missing energy? After the loss to trumann I dont think they were to concerned about sharing conference more then extending there season.
Are you suggesting westside lost on purpose? In that case why would you even play your starters?

Brown

why would westside not want to make history and win conference for the first time ever??  We just didnt play to our full potential

DuckGuide22

The poor soul that got nailed on the kickoff return is probably still hurting

bigchief72455

Gosnell has been hindered by a few injuries most of the season. It was most apparent when they barley got by Brookland in overtime. They were full strength at the Pocahontas game and had found their groove at home for Westside. Westside is still a good team. Gosnell just happened to be better. I am pretty sure Trumann would not like to play them a second time as well.

Lacerta agilis

November 05, 2018, 03:08:54 pm #17 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:14:16 pm by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 05, 2018, 02:21:11 pm
The poor soul that got nailed on the kickoff return is probably still hurting

He recovered from it quite well. He was a Farm Bureau POY finalist in 2015 and plays for UCA now...but that was a pretty vicious hit.

Warriorfan21

No they didnt lose on purpose but just saying if they would of got ahead and things went there way it would of been a better game. They got down early and laid down. That was there worst game of the season. And about conference I think they wanted to make history for there school either way. Next yr will be a huge yr for them. I think they will make a huge run at confrence next yr.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on November 05, 2018, 06:37:04 pm
No they didnt lose on purpose but just saying if they would of got ahead and things went there way it would of been a better game. They got down early and laid down. That was there worst game of the season. And about conference I think they wanted to make history for there school either way. Next yr will be a huge yr for them. I think they will make a huge run at confrence next yr.

losing 16 seniors does not usually mean a great season coming up.

Brown

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 05, 2018, 08:22:04 pm
losing 16 seniors does not usually mean a great season coming up.

not trying to be rude but there are only 10 but only 5 actually play

bigchief72455

But if it's the right 5 it can be a problem.

ISU7

I was there on Westside sideline watching my son #88 for Gosnell who BTW scored the 3rd td of the game. Westside just got manhandled. You can't make me believe that a team that hasn't won a conference championship didn't care about sharing one. If that's the case the same could be said when they went in to Trumann undefeated in conference with a chance to wrap up a title and the one seed. Btw I was on Trumann sidelines that night. Lol

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 05, 2018, 09:16:41 pm
But if it's the right 5 it can be a problem.
I know they are losing a couple of their backs

Warriorfan21

Quote from: Brown on November 05, 2018, 08:27:07 pm
only 3 start right?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Brown on November 05, 2018, 08:27:07 pm

Sorry about that, I was going by the tv report about them relying heavily on their 16 seniors this year.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 06, 2018, 04:32:39 pm
Sorry about that, I was going by the tv report about them relying heavily on their 16 seniors this year.
A senior class that can lead by example by working hard can sometimes be more effective than a bunch of seniors that start

Gray lizard

I saw Dardanelle adding a row of light bulbs to the home side score board yesterday.  They must plan on putting up a lot of points.

mastiff

Not adding, probably replacing. They have been having trouble with the scoreboard working this season. Even had a whole game without a scoreboard.

changeisgood

Quote from: mastiff on November 07, 2018, 01:23:22 pm
Not adding, probably replacing. They have been having trouble with the scoreboard working this season. Even had a whole game without a scoreboard.
I was there in '15 vs Clarksville. The first half the Home score was malfunctioning.  The numbers were revolving like a slot machine.  60 points in the first half lol

Trojanbird

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 07, 2018, 11:49:35 am
I saw Dardanelle adding a row of light bulbs to the home side score board yesterday.  They must plan on putting up a lot of points.
No, I'm sure they were doing that so Westside would be able to find the end zone at will!!!

x14113

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 07, 2018, 11:49:35 am

That mix of bulbs and LEDs is gonna look rather strange...  ???

Riverviewdad5

Sounds like some people are more worried about the scoreboard rather than the game.

mastiff

Just some folks trying to stir the pot is all.....

redandgray

Gray lizard

Where did the two new Lizard fans go?
This game is hard to figure.  Loos to be a great 1st round game.  Maybe the 4-4A is a lot stronger than I gave them credit for.  I think 4 teams might make it to the 2nd round.

DuckGuide22

Honestly the smart thing to do would be to lose so you don't get embarrassed next week

Ghs21

Pulling for yawl Westside! Represent the 3-4a

Coltfan2005

going around the field, this is the fattest officiating crew I have ever seen

phdefense

Officials need to learn you can't do stuff like that with games being streamed

Warriorfan21

Quote from: phdefense on November 09, 2018, 09:04:42 pm
Officials need to learn you can't do stuff like that with games being streamed
thank you! These refs are the worse officiating crew I have ever seen.

Sigmund Sauer

bigchief72455

Sometimes the calls don't go the way you want them.

Sigmund Sauer

I was impressed by Westside, they gave Dardy all they could handle. Hard fought game. Lizards fought till the end. They are beaten up pretty bad with 2 key starters out. Will be a tough game in duck country.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas