• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road Trips

Started by Partsman, November 05, 2018, 07:29:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Partsman

Who has the longest trip this Friday?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

That dierks @ salem is pretty long.

Redzone

Dierks and Mineral Springs have a pretty long trip. From one corner of the state to the other.

Greyhound#1

Fordyce to rector will long also

brown2010

Mccrory to jc aint short

DnA Prostaff

Parkers Chapel is playing at Mountainburg, what is that 4 1/2 hours? 5 on a bus probably?

paraloma

brown2010

Thats funny but i will bet u any amount if money it want be. And yes i know what yiur talking about

GatorBall

paraloma

Quote from: Partsman on November 05, 2018, 07:29:06 am
Who has the longest trip this Friday?

Mineral at 289 miles from Lepanto.

jsw6f0

If Salem wins next week it will be 316 miles to Foreman.  Better go up night before.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 05, 2018, 12:32:58 pm
If Salem wins next week it will be 316 miles to Foreman.  Better go up night before.

I Made that mistake of driven straight up then game then straight back.  Not gonna happen this year.

Redzone

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 05, 2018, 12:48:34 pm
I Made that mistake of driven straight up then game then straight back.  Not gonna happen this year.

Best bet would be to stay in a Hotel in New Boston,TX and not in Ashdown lol same distance to Foreman but New Boston has nicer Hotels.

Rida4Life

PC- Burg  286 miles
EPC- MS 279
Dierks Salem 269
Rector-Fordyce 239
McCroy-JC 215
CC-Hampton 201
Clarendon-Gurdon 155
Magazine- Carlisle 150
England-Earle 122
Hackett-Mt. Pine 120
CC-Lavaca 112
DA- MC 103
Mt Ida-Bearden 100
Hazen- Quitman 71

So much for AAA cutting down on travel in the 1st round, huh?

Rida4Life

I took the suggested route for each one... I realize each has slightly shorter and longer routes.

jsw6f0

Greyhound there are some choice hotel accommodations available in Dequeen.

Wantobe

Greyhound, I bet Eslim has a spare room that he would spot you. You two probably need to sit down talk football anyway.

Redzone

Quote from: Wantobe on November 05, 2018, 01:35:31 pm
Greyhound, I bet Eslim has a spare room that he would spot you. You two probably need to sit down talk football anyway.
😂👍🏼

Eslim03

My rooms are very expensive but yes I have single bed room or a double bed room. Lol

COACH-Mike

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 05, 2018, 01:30:13 pm
Stay in Texarkana.  Easy driving.

Eslim03

Texarkana is where I would stay also.

dawgpound

So the closest matchup is 71 miles dang it boy

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 05, 2018, 03:25:53 pm
So the closest matchup is 71 miles dang it boy

I think the 2nd round will be even worse.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

AAA must have stock in, blue bird busses, good year tires and the diesel market.

dawgpound

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 05, 2018, 03:58:25 pm
Man that's crazy

they don't care. I mean if you have a child involved, and have to make one of those long trips, you have to take off work early or miss the whole day. would work better for fan support and kids not missing school to move the playoffs to Saturday.

HorseFeathers

4 vs 5 7 vs 8 and 3 vs 6 in the first round and go from there? Used to be kinda that way....and people from the 7 and 8 were mad that they played each other first round every year...

couch-coach06

HorseFeathers

My point is someone is gonna be angry no matter what the AAA does 😉.

And to those that are griping about mileage...I do think that the 5's should have locked in opponents...No Reason for Mccrory to go to Junction City when they could go to Conway Christian and have the same outcome (maybe, the jags did upset Des Arc a couple months ago)

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2018, 05:04:28 pm
My point is someone is gonna be angry no matter what the AAA does 😉.

And to those that are griping about mileage...I do think that the 5's should have locked in opponents...No Reason for Mccrory to go to Junction City when they could go to Conway Christian and have the same outcome (maybe, the jags did upset Des Arc a couple months ago)
I don't think 5's should make playoffs period rarely do they have above 500 record reminds me of upward Peewee league #8 place trophy

HorseFeathers

Your school admins apparently disagree....6 seeds make it in in the two classes that only have 16 teams

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2018, 08:30:05 pm
Your school admins apparently disagree....6 seeds make it in in the two classes that only have 16 teams
I think that's crazy also 6 & 7 A should be 1 division Texas has 6 classes of 11 man football and they have about 10 times as many teams not everybody gets a trophy life isn't fair when hooks Texas plays Atlanta Texas they don't cry because they have 25 players and Atlanta has 60 they are mad they didn't win and it was ref's fault

Hasbeen92

Administrators and AAA want playoff ticket receipts

HorseFeathers

To help your argument

Last 3 years
5 seeds--3-18 Salem got 2 of those wins last year, and 1 semifinalist

4 seeds--4-18 2 came last year

3 seeds--11-18(1-9 against 1's & 2's)

2 seeds--24-17(3-10 against 1's, take out foreman and it's 1-10)1 champ and 2 semifinalist

1 seeds--2 champs, 9 Semifinalists, 5 losses of Possible 16 against non 1 seeds(Cross county was 2 of those upset losses as a 1 seed)

Hasbeen92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2018, 09:14:52 pm
To help your argument

Last 3 years
5 seeds--3-18 Salem got 2 of those wins last year, and 1 semifinalist

4 seeds--4-18 2 came last year

3 seeds--11-18(1-9 against 1's & 2's)

2 seeds--24-17(3-10 against 1's, take out foreman and it's 1-10)1 champ and 2 semifinalist

1 seeds--2 champs, 9 Semifinalists, 5 losses of Possible 16 against non 1 seeds(Cross county was 2 of those upset losses as a 1 seed)
Cracker Jack research no wonder you have all those blue stars glad someone agrees with me or at least sees my point I thought it was more special when they took top 2 teams, every playoff game was a good one, and anybody could go home 1st round

72aDaddy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 05, 2018, 05:00:12 pm
4 vs 5 7 vs 8 and 3 vs 6 in the first round and go from there? Used to be kinda that way....and people from the 7 and 8 were mad that they played each other first round every year...
Yes, because too often over the years the title game is being played in round 2.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 09:53:13 pm
Cracker Jack research no wonder you have all those blue stars glad someone agrees with me or at least sees my point I thought it was more special when they took top 2 teams, every playoff game was a good one, and anybody could go home 1st round

I was actually researching to show why 5 seeds belong 😂😂 In 2a at they don't make a good argument.

Redzone

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 08:41:04 pm
I think that's crazy also 6 & 7 A should be 1 division Texas has 6 classes of 11 man football and they have about 10 times as many teams not everybody gets a trophy life isn't fair when hooks Texas plays Atlanta Texas they don't cry because they have 25 players and Atlanta has 60 they are mad they didn't win and it was ref's fault

Texas has Dl & Dll in each classification except 6A.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Redzone on November 06, 2018, 10:27:54 am
Texas has Dl & Dll in each classification except 6A.
Didn't know that my step dad coached in New Boston in early 2000 s and only 5 had 2 divisions (large and small) 6 A has 2 also now

Rida4Life

the texas model works really well but only with a large number of teams.  No need for the 2 divisions in Arkansas unless you went back and did away with a couple of classes.

HorseFeathers

Play 3 classes....Split em into 6 for the playoffs?

stuck in between

The sensible thing to do is to just take the top three from each conference. This will not eliminate the long road trip, but I do not think the distance traveled is the issue. It's the 3-7 team that is doing the traveling is where the problem lies.

bdubyab60

Quote from: paraloma on November 05, 2018, 11:24:04 am
The trip back will be longer.
Same distance. They know what they are in for

N2DEEP

Magnet Cove vs Des Arc is 101 miles

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: stuck in between on November 07, 2018, 03:46:02 pm
The sensible thing to do is to just take the top three from each conference. This will not eliminate the long road trip, but I do not think the distance traveled is the issue. It's the 3-7 team that is doing the traveling is where the problem lies.

This might solve everything for the first round.  Traveling is just part of it.  Personally as a player back in day I enjoyed road trips to fields I never been to see. 

tacklethis...

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 05, 2018, 01:30:13 pm

I would like to know where?

Wantobe

Safe travels to all teams and fans today, both to and from their prospective games. Looks like it's going to be great weather for football and coffee drinkers.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 09, 2018, 07:09:11 am
This might solve everything for the first round.  Traveling is just part of it.  Personally as a player back in day I enjoyed road trips to fields I never been to see.
Yea plus we got leave school early.

Hornetsfan02

Who has the longest trip this Friday? I know Gurdon->Hazen is a pretty good ways but what about others

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas