• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A playoff teams ceiling and floor

Started by beach bum, November 03, 2018, 11:36:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

I am hoping someone does this for every conference in 4A. I am going to predict each teams ceiling(the furthest potential they can reach this postseason) ........ As well as their floor (the quickest they could be bounced in the playoffs). The playoffs are so wide open and anyone can chime in if they think any these predictions are way off base.

1.Shiloh Christian

ceiling: Their ceiling imo is a state title. This team just keeps plugging along and in a wide open 4A they can win this thing as much as anyone.

floor: Their floor seems to be the quarterfinals. A team like Nashville could knock them out there. Shiloh will waltz through their 1st two games easily

2. Pea Ridge

ceiling:- by the fact of them simply being in a wide open portion of the bracket I could see them getting all the way to semifinals although that seems very, very unlikely at this point. They would have to win on the road at probably Dumas & Rivercrest to get there which again is extremely unlikely.

floor: I think their floor is more likely, HWH is dangerous offensively, this should be a great 1st round game that I will favor HWH by a little

3.Lincoln

ceiling: I think their cap out is 2nd round because they'll face Robinson round 2 if they win against Hamburg. Put Lincoln in Pea Ridge's or Prairie Grove's part of the bracket and I would have put their ceiling higher. 8-2 was a huge step for their program

floor: I think I am leaning the Wolves to win a close game at Hamburg, but this is pretty much a toss up game so Lincoln could lose in round 1 too

4.Prairie Grove

ceiling: I can not believe I am saying this cause PG just is not a very good team this year. However they are probably in the easiest part of the bracket so I will say quarterfinals. If they are fortunate enough to get that far Robinson will be way too much in the quarters. PG could sneak by Lonoke although I am leaning Lonoke in that one. Then I am sorry if this hurts Ozarks feelings, but they just are quite a weak 1 seed imo. Coming off a bye they are a suspect to be upset. The Hillbillies will still be favored, but can not check mark them for the W

floor: PG could easily lose to Lonoke

5.Gentry

ceiling and floor: not much to say here. Mena is not that good but Gentry is 3-7 for a reason. Gentry is gone in round 1

$aintMaximu$

Good post Beach Bum. I agree on all points.  I would love to see this for the other conferences. 

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 03, 2018, 12:52:42 pm
Good post Beach Bum. I agree on all points.  I would love to see this for the other conferences.

With Shiloh Christian the only threat to go deep in the 1-4A I have been called to root for the dark blue and gold of the Saints  ;D

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on November 03, 2018, 11:36:12 am
I am hoping someone does this for every conference in 4A. I am going to predict each teams ceiling(the furthest potential they can reach this postseason) ........ As well as their floor (the quickest they could be bounced in the playoffs). The playoffs are so wide open and anyone can chime in if they think any these predictions are way off base.

1.Shiloh Christian

ceiling: Their ceiling imo is a state title. This team just keeps plugging along and in a wide open 4A they can win this thing as much as anyone.

floor: Their floor seems to be the quarterfinals. A team like Nashville could knock them out there. Shiloh will waltz through their 1st two games easily

2. Pea Ridge

ceiling:- by the fact of them simply being in a wide open portion of the bracket I could see them getting all the way to semifinals although that seems very, very unlikely at this point. They would have to win on the road at probably Dumas & Rivercrest to get there which again is extremely unlikely.

floor: I think their floor is more likely, HWH is dangerous offensively, this should be a great 1st round game that I will favor HWH by a little

3.Lincoln

ceiling: I think their cap out is 2nd round because they'll face Robinson round 2 if they win against Hamburg. Put Lincoln in Pea Ridge's or Prairie Grove's part of the bracket and I would have put their ceiling higher. 8-2 was a huge step for their program

floor: I think I am leaning the Wolves to win a close game at Hamburg, but this is pretty much a toss up game so Lincoln could lose in round 1 too

4.Prairie Grove

ceiling: I can not believe I am saying this cause PG just is not a very good team this year. However they are probably in the easiest part of the bracket so I will say quarterfinals. If they are fortunate enough to get that far Robinson will be way too much in the quarters. PG could sneak by Lonoke although I am leaning Lonoke in that one. Then I am sorry if this hurts Ozarks feelings, but they just are quite a weak 1 seed imo. Coming off a bye they are a suspect to be upset. The Hillbillies will still be favored, but can not check mark them for the W

floor: PG could easily lose to Lonoke

5.Gentry

ceiling and floor: not much to say here. Mena is not that good but Gentry is 3-7 for a reason. Gentry is gone in round 1

Really nice job, not a lot to add but I'll try.

1. Shiloh:  Could win it but will have to play well in quarters and semis to get there. Very Likely to see Nashville in quarters and that would be a toss up at this point.  In the semi they will most likely see Warren or Stuttgart but injuries may eliminate Warren.
If they make the final, I think its Robinson they play. Another possible win but another really good game they must play.
The challenge is how many really tough games can they put back to back, because we know the conference was not much of a challenge for them. They defeated OK Beggs but it was close and I'm not impressed with Beggs schedule so somewhat of a challenge to string together wins against strong teams. Could be the spoiler of the playoffs for a bunch of teams.

2. Pea Ridge: I hate to say it but I think they have a rough time in game against HWH.  HWH has lots of size and speed and hung 60 on Warren.  I've said it a couple of times, PR has to not hurt themselves with mistakes, penalties, TO's and bad snaps. They also have to consistently tackle better.  It's a possible win, but I think they lose to HWH.
If they win it I think Dumas offers another tough game but another possibility with the same stipulations, a very clean game.
If they can do that, then I'd say they are the dark horse to keep winning.

3. Lincoln: Well I have to give credit for their 3rd place finish, didn't really think they could beat Prairie Grove much less score 59 on them.  I guess it shows how far down PG was this season. 
I think they still have to prove they can beat a team with a winning record.  For that reason I think Hamburg will win but they will have to keep the score down to do so.  Hamburg didn't beat any real good teams except Helena so if Lincoln can score a bunch they have a shot in round 1.
Round 2 I don't see them keeping pace with Robinson at all.  So they may make round 2 but not further.  I just think the 4A-8 is pretty good overall.

4.Prairie Grove: Once again gotta say I'm surprised at PG being 4th and particularly giving up 59 pts to Lincoln.  I do have lots of faith in the PG staff to come up with a plan for the playoffs and I think Lonoke is very beatable, haven't impressed with their victories this season. 
Round 2 is Ozark and I think they are a little better than some people think, played Booneville a decent game  and almost beat Charleston. I don't see PG winning in round 2.  If they do it says a lot about how the 4A is overall this season.

5. Gentry: Best of the bottom and I'm not a big believer in the 5 teams from each conference playoff.  I don't think they can beat Mena and certainly not Shiloh if they got to round 2.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on November 03, 2018, 03:28:27 pm
3. Lincoln: Well I have to give credit for their 3rd place finish, didn't really think they could beat Prairie Grove much less score 59 on them.  I guess it shows how far down PG was this season. 
I think they still have to prove they can beat a team with a winning record.  For that reason I think Hamburg will win but they will have to keep the score down to do so.  Hamburg didn't beat any real good teams except Helena so if Lincoln can score a bunch they have a shot in round 1.
Round 2 I don't see them keeping pace with Robinson at all.  So they may make round 2 but not further.  I just think the 4A-8 is pretty good overall.
[

So I spoke too soon, you aren't going to give them any respect.

nuttinbuthogs

Lincoln put 59 points on Prairie Grove and proved it can play with anybody. 

whippersnapper

PG couldnt stop the Lincoln offense at all. Wolves put up 670 yards. Lloyd had the best game he has as a wolf. 24-31 386 yards passing 4 TDs, 13 carries 87 yards 2 TDs rushing. Along with the other seniors. They all deserved to go out that way at home.

RZback

Here's what I wrote and I'll stick by it for now.

Quote from: RZback on November 03, 2018, 03:28:27 pm
I think they still have to prove they can beat a team with a winning record. For that reason I think Hamburg will win but they will have to keep the score down to do so.  Hamburg didn't beat any real good teams except Helena so if Lincoln can score a bunch they have a shot in round 1.

nuttinbuthogs

This Lincoln team has gotten itself in position to be the best Lincoln team in history of the football program and some people just can't stand it. I guess it's true, "haters gonna hate".

CoachRH

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 03, 2018, 05:49:56 pm
This Lincoln team has gotten itself in position to be the best Lincoln team in history of the football program and some people just can't stand it. I guess it's true, "haters gonna hate".
I agree!  However I'm also optimistic. There is always a 40 year storm that shows up occasionally!

Baller91

I hope I'm wrong, but I will be surprised if anyone from the 1-4A goes too far this year. Nobody has looked that great in the games I have seen.

Coltfan2005

I would not be surprised to see Shiloh Christian standing alone from the 1-4a after friday night.

RZback

I think you could be correct, I am one of those that think the 1-4A conference is down this year and we will see how we hold up in the first round.  It's football, just about anything can happen.

nuttinbuthogs

Gray lizard

I also see only 1 team left for 2nd round for 4-1A.

RZback

Not a good night for 1-4A.  Only one team left, which many suspected would happen. 
Shiloh dominated SC as expected.
I think PR should have won their game.  Defense held HWH to 0 pts during regulation. Couldn't mount any offense. Kinda missed #10 running the football in my mind.  Good season, but wished they had another game.
PG struggled a bit in the game, had a lead early but just couldn't keep up and needed to hold the score down.
Lincoln still hasn't gotten to the point where they win against upper competition.  Nice W/L record this year.
Gentry, just didn't have it.

Overall not a strong year for the conference and not a good playoff for sure. 
Good luck to Shiloh to finish strong.

beach bum

Looks like everyone hit the floor.... Shiloh has to get at least to the semifinals or they hit their "floor" as well. I knew Shiloh was going to win easy last night and will do the same against Mena. We won't know if Shiloh is for real until they play in the quarterfinals.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 03, 2018, 05:49:56 pm
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 03, 2018, 04:46:02 pm
Lincoln put 59 points on Prairie Grove and proved it can play with anybody.

NBHs, good season for your wolves but came up short.  I can't agree with your assessment of the Wolves.  They did get into position to move on in the playoffs and be the "best team in history of the football program"  but it didn't happen and they clearly were not.
Playing with anybody didn't quite happen. As I have said, they didn't win a game against a team with a winning record. 
We will see what next year brings and see if they can continue to improve.   

nuttinbuthogs

It was the best year since 2013 for the wolves.  Some of what you say is true but it's all part of growing pains.  It was five years since the last winning season and it was good to be able to come home from friday games and have a win in hand instead of a loss.  Lincoln is hoping that trend can continue. I don't know what next year looks like for the football team because I'm not sure how many starters return and how many junior high players will contribute next year.  I know the loss of some key seniors will be hard to replace. 

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 09, 2018, 03:25:39 pm
I also see only 1 team left for 2nd round for 4-1A.

Good luck to Shiloh Saints and hope you represent the 4A-1 in good fashion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas