• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round #1 Mount Ida vs. Bearden

Started by IdaLions, November 03, 2018, 09:04:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

November 10, 2018, 01:13:05 am #50 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:15:59 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 09, 2018, 09:03:01 pm
Penalties are murdering the bears a lot more then Mt. Ida is.

No, the refs beat the Bears tonight! But a good game by the MI Lions. Congratulations!

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 10, 2018, 01:13:05 am
No, the refs beat the Bears tonight! But a good game by the MI Lions. Congratulations!

That's what o said 😂

monster_island

Quote from: bleudog on November 09, 2018, 10:41:34 pm
The one time I went to MI, there were a lot of penalties but only about half of them were called.  ;)
I've always said that if it's not called then it's not a penalty.😯

cuz

Quote from: monster_island on November 10, 2018, 10:02:11 am
I've always said that if it's not called then it's not a penalty.😯
Yeah but when the only ones called are against the visiting team one finds it a little odd. Ida has that reputation, just like Rison. Lots of home cooking....😆😆

SWAT11

29 flags first half. Yes. 29. 14 against Ida.  But go on stick to that cause you done and said it. Refs 1-0 against Bearden. Another excuse just like 07.

Redzone

Quote from: cuz on November 10, 2018, 10:07:49 am
Yeah but when the only ones called are against the visiting team one finds it a little odd. Ida has that reputation, just like Rison. Lots of home cooking....😆😆

Very true!

SWAT11

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 10, 2018, 12:20:45 pm
29 flags first half. Yes. 29. 14 against Ida.  But go on stick to that cause you done and said it. Refs 1-0 against Bearden. Another excuse just like 07.

The only thing like 07, was ur deputy who played on your 07 team that thought he was Walker Texas Ranger, but was more like Barney, he met with the ref on the field conspiring to throw the undesirables Bear end zone crew out of the game, and send us to the Mi P.O. P.O. station for "visiting with the refs" about the terrible calls they were making on the Bears.

ThreadWatcher

When Bearden loses....... it's the refs fault, that's all!!!! ;D

Pigskinfan

No, it's not the refs fault every time Bearden loses. I'm a long time reader, short time poster. I've also been around Bearden football a long time. Bearden does enough on their own to lose sometimes and this year has been exceptionally hard, but it's very disheartening to lose a game that was much closer than the final score showed due to many horrible calls and even none calls. But it's done. Those refs have to live with making calls like that. Bearden will battle back in the coming years and those 11 seniors whose final game ended under such poor officiating will be just fine as they move on to other sports and sooner than they realize, graduation. They understand life isn't fair. They've learned that through high school sports and just life in general. They will move on an make great contributions in society. So you all continue to argue amongst yourselves while they carry on with their heads held high.

I'm sure you will be arguing with someone else next week or tomorrow even.

OLionSwag74

Ida kicked yalls butt, could've been worse. Take your butt whipping and get ready for basketball.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 10, 2018, 03:51:03 pm
Ida kicked yalls butt, could've been worse. Take your butt whipping and get ready for basketball.

Is that you walker? Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on November 10, 2018, 02:40:26 pm
When Bearden loses....... it's the refs fault, that's all!!!! ;D

No, no, no, sometimes it's a muddy field. 😆😆

Couldn't resist. Bearden is a proud program, I know they are not liking where the program has gone. Hopefully it will it an upswing, we as 2A fans need programs like bearden and Carlisle to be good every year.

Backwoods Bart

November 10, 2018, 04:49:19 pm #63 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:59:13 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 10, 2018, 04:42:03 pm
No, no, no, sometimes it's a muddy field. 😆😆

Couldn't resist. Bearden is a proud program, I know they are not liking where the program has gone. Hopefully it will it an upswing, we as 2A fans need programs like bearden and Carlisle to be good every year.

It's basketball for the Bears Pick. We own it. Wish everyone luck & Health & luck going forward

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 10, 2018, 04:49:19 pm
It's basketball for the Bears Pick. We own it. Wish everyone luck & Health & luck going forward

Yea I know, but you know what I'm getting at. Good luck in hoops Bart

Backwoods Bart

You know it's hard to post sitting in the stands when your fingers are numb. Go Warhawks

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: Pigskinfan on November 10, 2018, 03:42:45 pm
No, it's not the refs fault every time Bearden loses. I'm a long time reader, short time poster. I've also been around Bearden football a long time. Bearden does enough on their own to lose sometimes and this year has been exceptionally hard, but it's very disheartening to lose a game that was much closer than the final score showed due to many horrible calls and even none calls. But it's done. Those refs have to live with making calls like that. Bearden will battle back in the coming years and those 11 seniors whose final game ended under such poor officiating will be just fine as they move on to other sports and sooner than they realize, graduation. They understand life isn't fair. They've learned that through high school sports and just life in general. They will move on an make great contributions in society. So you all continue to argue amongst yourselves while they carry on with their heads held high.

I'm sure you will be arguing with someone else next week or tomorrow even.
Very nice words. I want to add a couple of things. #84 played his tail off last night. About the injured players (#10? and #5?,may have been others), hope they are alright. I thought that the coaches and team showed some class at times, but the fans were and are on the whiny side!

Yogi bear

Let me start by saying Mt.Ida has a very good running game. They probably didn't need the help they got from the officials, but they got it anyway, when it mattered most anytime we got close to scoring and one time with a phantom holding call after we had completed a pass for.a.t.d.  The calling got a lot more balanced once the game was in hand for Ida. Not making excuses though we just didn't have enough horses.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 10, 2018, 05:39:53 pm
You know it's hard to post sitting in the stands when your fingers are numb. Go Warhawks

Yea, it was hard last night.

Yogi bear

I think 10 went to the hospital possible concussion. 5 has been dealing with injuries all year. Good news is they will be back next year. 84 hopefully will still continue his football career in college.

Yogi bear

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 10, 2018, 05:39:53 pm

Are they on t.v. tonight Bart?

OLionSwag74

Quote from: Yogi bear on November 10, 2018, 05:50:12 pm
Let me start by saying Mt.Ida has a very good running game. They probably didn't need the help they got from the officials, but they got it anyway, when it mattered most anytime we got close to scoring and one time with a phantom holding call after we had completed a pass for.a.t.d.  The calling got a lot more balanced once the game was in hand for Ida. Not making excuses though we just didn't have enough horses.
All I'm saying is #71 from Mount Ida had to get a New Jersey due to the crazy bad holds of Bearden. I don't believe those were just "phantom" calls.

Yogi bear

Yeah he and 66 from our team were getting after it all night. He is a very good lineman.

ThreadWatcher

Oh yeah, #66 played hard all night as well. He was another one that I noticed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas