• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 2018 Class 4A Playoff Bracket

Started by LJ06, November 02, 2018, 10:10:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

W 4 Ozark
BYE

3rd 2 Lonoke
4th 1 Prairie Grove

W 7 Robinson
5th 4 Pottsville

3rd 8 Hamburg
3rd 1 Lincoln

W 3 Rivercrest
5th 7 Fountain Lake

2nd 2 Heber Springs
5th 3 Pocahontas

2nd 8 Dumas
4th 2 Batesville Southside

2nd 1 Pea Ridge
4th 8 Helena-West Helena

W 2 Stuttgart
BYE

3rd 4 Dardanelle
4th 3 Jonesboro Westside

W 8 Warren
5th 2 CAC

3rd 7 Arkadelphia
3rd 3 Gosnell

W 1 Shiloh Christian
5th 8 Star City

2nd 4 Mena
5th 1 Gentry

2nd 7 Nashville
4th 4 Elkins

2nd 3 Trumann
4th 7 Bauxite

Badgerball

Why is Arkadelphia the 3 seed they have more tiebreaker points than Nashville and it's a 3 way tie

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Bauxite and Nashville could rematch week 2

LJ06

Quote from: Badgerball on November 02, 2018, 10:15:25 pm
Why is Arkadelphia the 3 seed they have more tiebreaker points than Nashville and it's a 3 way tie

Nashville beat both Arkadelphia and Bauxite. Therefore, not a perfect 3 way tie. Points are irrelevant.

AirWarren

Let's go. Time to put this whoa as me bs behind us. Talking about myself to. Time to make a statement.

Let's go warren. If you think the season ended when our Treylon went down, go ahead and hand over your spot to a hungry freshman. We got some kids who want to play.

Finish it. Don't forget your be battle cry. One team. One mission.

Sports Guru

My predictions:

Round 1

Ozark
Bye

Lonoke
Prairie Grove

Robinson
Pottsville

Hamburg
Lincoln

Rivercrest
Fountain Lake

Heber Springs
Pocahontas

Dumas
Southside Batesville

Pea Ridge
West Helena

Stuttgart
Bye

Dardanelle
Jonesboro Westside

Warren
CAC

Arkadelphia
Gosnell

Shiloh Christian
Star City

Mena
Gentry

Nashville
Elkins

Truman
Bauxite

Round 2

Ozark
Prairie Grove

Robinson
Hamburg

Rivercrest
Heber Springs

Dumas
West Helena

Stuttgart
Dardanelle

Warren
Arkadelphia

Shiloh Christian
Mena

Nashville
Bauxite

Quarterfinals

Ozark
Robinson

Rivercrest
West Helena

Dardanelle
Warren

Shiloh Christian
Nashville

Semifinals

Ozark
West Helena

Warren
Shiloh Christian

State Championship

West Helena
Warren

ISU7

Quote from: LJ06 on November 02, 2018, 10:19:17 pm
Nashville beat both Arkadelphia and Bauxite. Therefore, not a perfect 3 way tie. Points are irrelevant.
Exactly.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 02, 2018, 10:53:44 pm
My predictions:

Round 1

Ozark
Bye

Lonoke
Prairie Grove

Robinson
Pottsville

Hamburg
Lincoln

Rivercrest
Fountain Lake

Heber Springs
Pocahontas

Dumas
Southside Batesville

Pea Ridge
West Helena

Stuttgart
Bye

Dardanelle
Jonesboro Westside

Warren
CAC

Arkadelphia
Gosnell

Shiloh Christian
Star City

Mena
Gentry

Nashville
Elkins

Truman
Bauxite

Round 2

Ozark
Prairie Grove

Robinson
Hamburg

Rivercrest
Heber Springs

Dumas
West Helena

Stuttgart
Dardanelle

Warren
Arkadelphia

Shiloh Christian
Mena

Nashville
Bauxite

Quarterfinals

Ozark
Robinson

Rivercrest
West Helena

Dardanelle
Warren

Shiloh Christian
Nashville

Semifinals

Ozark
West Helena

Warren
Shiloh Christian

State Championship

West Helena
Warren

don't put money on dumas

beach bum

The bracket is so wide open that I can see teams as title contenders meeting in round 2  :o ..... Sit back and enjoy this one folks cause we may not see a playoffs this wide open in a long time. Soak it in while it lasts from a fans perspective.

beach bum

The way I see it though is the top part of the bracket seems a little more clear cut with Robinson favored. By no means can they waltz through however cause Rivercrest, HWH, and Dumas are dark horses there with the potential to get to WMS if they catch Robinson on a bad night

The bottom part of the bracket is where you have a legitimate 4 or 5 teams to get to WMS and is just wide open for the taking. I can't believe I am saying this, but I am going to take Arkadelphia to get there at 5-5 currently. They are rolling, and they have the "been there done that" factor working for them. Anyone that knows high school football knows that matters. What makes that a dangerous pick is they could just as easily lose in round 2 against another "been there done that" program in Warren who is still dangerous. Throw in Shiloh just plugging along looking dangerous. Nashville and Stuttgart can not be counted out either. Again, that bottom part is so tough to pick.

Gray lizard

A Dardanelle @ Stuttgart match up would make for a interesting game with coaching staffs.

BigRiverviewGuy

Dardanelle does not beat Stuttgart, Sand Lizards will want to come at Coach Price but the birds will prevail.

DuckGuide22

Yeah the last time they met Stuttgart took them to the woodshed. I don't see much difference this year

phdefense

November 05, 2018, 12:46:34 pm #13 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:53:03 pm by phdefense
Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 05, 2018, 10:31:58 am
Yeah the last time they met Stuttgart took them to the woodshed. I don't see much difference this year
Well the coach that got handed that beating is the one coaching the Ricebirds now. I think that is a somewhat relevant difference.

DuckGuide22

Yeah I know, that's why I think it doesn't make a difference. Unless he's motivated to make Stuttgart play worse and I don't think that's the case

phdefense

Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 05, 2018, 12:57:22 pm
Yeah I know, that's why I think it doesn't make a difference. Unless he's motivated to make Stuttgart play worse and I don't think that's the case
Are you saying coaching makes no difference?

DuckGuide22

Well of course but I don't think price is worse than Elmore but the talent level to the previous meeting is probably a little weaker

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Round 1:

W 4 Ozark   
BYE

3rd 2 Lonoke
4th 1 Prairie Grove

W 7 Robinson
5th 4 Pottsville

3rd 8 Hamburg
3rd 1 Lincoln

W 3 Rivercrest
5th 7 Fountain Lake

2nd 2 Heber Springs
5th 3 Pocahontas

2nd 8 Dumas
4th 2 Batesville Southside

2nd 1 Pea Ridge
4th 8 Helena-West Helena

W 2 Stuttgart
BYE

3rd 4 Dardanelle
4th 3 Jonesboro Westside

W 8 Warren
5th 2 CAC

3rd 7 Arkadelphia
3rd 3 Gosnell

W 1 Shiloh Christian
5th 8 Star City

2nd 4 Mena
5th 1 Gentry

2nd 7 Nashville
4th 4 Elkins

2nd 3 Trumann
4th 7 Bauxite

Round 2:

1st 4 Ozark
3rd 2 Lonoke

1st 7 Robinson
3rd 8 Hamburg

1st 3 Rivercrest
2nd 2 Heber Springs

2nd 8 Dumas
4th 8 Helena-West Helena

1st 2 Stuttgart
3rd 4 Dardanelle

1st 8 Warren
3rd 7 Arkadelphia

1st 1 Shiloh Christian
2nd 4 Mena

2nd 7 Nashville
4th 7 Bauxite

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Strong showing from the Southern half of the state in Round 1.  The 7 & 8-4A went a combined 8-2 in the first round with the 8 wins coming by a combined 262-53.  The conferences two losses both came from their 5th seeds playing #1 seeds and were a combined 85-20.

Very impressive indeed.  Hate to see two different 2nd round match-ups where both conferences are cannibalizing themselves. Dumas and HWH have a rematch in Dumas, Nashville and Bauxite (who just played last week) will meet again on The Hill.  There are two other match-ups where the conferences will play one another as both #1 and #3 seeds from the conferences battle it out.  Robinson hosts Hamburg while Warren, in a rematch of the 2017 state title game, will play host to Arkadelphia. 

These play-offs, thus far, have shown the best football in class 4A is played from Little Rock south.  Still, some solid teams from both NE and NW Arkansas are represented.  This is set-up to be an exciting 2nd round right into the Quarterfinals. 

-Kyle

HSFBF

November 11, 2018, 04:28:36 pm #19 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:30:32 pm by HSFBF
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 09, 2018, 10:09:55 pm

These play-offs, thus far, have shown the best football in class 4A is played from Little Rock south.  Still, some solid teams from both NE and NW Arkansas are represented.  This is set-up to be an exciting 2nd round right into the Quarterfinals. 

I think that has always been the case over many years. Better players or better coaches or both? I say with the talent "down south" that coaches of teams who had a big time losing season "up north" would do better with one of those "south teams".. Just the way things are and AR is no different from many other states. And yet, many coaches in south AR would like to get to the northern half of the state where weather patterns are more pleasant year round.... and without all the mosquitoes. I should know, as I am from "south AR". LOL  :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas