• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 2A Playoff Bracket

Started by NWA Hawg, November 01, 2018, 09:53:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

November 01, 2018, 09:53:05 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:12:46 pm by fann07
Here is the official 2A playoff bracket

Bracket
W7 Foreman
BYE

3rd 4 Magazine
4th 6 Carlisle
================================
W3 Salem
5th 7 Dierks

3rd 5 England
3rd 6 Earle
=================================
W8 Junction City
5th 3 McCrory

2nd 4 Mountainburg
5th 8 Parkers Chapel
=================================
2nd 5 Mountain Pine
4th 4 Hackett

2nd 6 Des Arc
4th 5 Magnet Cove

Bottom Bracket
W4 Hector
BYE

3rd 7 Mount Ida
4th 8 Bearden
===============================
W5 Conway Christian
5th 4 Lavaca

3rd 3 Rector
3rd 8 Fordyce
===============================
W6 Hazen
5th 5 Quitman

2nd 7 Gurdon
5th 6 Clarendon
==============================
2nd 3 EPC
4th 7 Mineral Springs

2nd 8 Hampton
4th 3 Cross County

DnA Prostaff

I believe Hackett and Lavaca should be switched in the standings.   Lavaca will be 4th in the 4 and Hackett will be 5th

bearfan

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 02, 2018, 10:11:54 am
I believe Hackett and Lavaca should be switched in the standings.   Lavaca will be 4th in the 4 and Hackett will be 5th
you are wrong

HorseFeathers

Hackett is either 4th or misses the playoffs...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 02, 2018, 10:11:54 am
Due to Hackett beating Lavaca last week they will either be 4th or at home

HorseFeathers

November 02, 2018, 11:21:35 am #5 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:41:51 am by HorseFeathers
In the 4-2a
1. Mntburg/Hector
2. Magazine/MntBurg/Hector
3. Hector/Lavaca/Hackett
4. Hackett/Lavaca/Magazine
5. Lavaca/Westside

With 3 games to be played tonight only WYC has no chance at the playoffs....and No seeds are completely settled if I'm looking at it correctly...

For the 1...Mnt Burg/Hector winner takes it..

2 seed, Mnt Burg loses they are the 2, Hector loses and Magazine beats WYC then Magazine is the 2. Hector can only be the 2 if Magazine loses to WYC

3. Hector will be the 3 if they Lose to Burg, and Magazine beats WYC..
-Lavaca can be the 3 if Magazine loses to WYC
--Hackett can get 3rd IF magazine loses tonight, and The hornets beat Westside by 7 or more, then that forces a 3 way tie, they would have more PPTS than magazine and own head to head on Lavaca

4. Hackett wins and Magazine wins, then HACKETT will be 4th
If Hackett beats Westside by 8 or more, and Magazine loses to WYC, then LAVACA will be 4th

5. -Westside beats Hackett they are in
--If the long shot theory of Hackett getting 3rd happens, then Magazine would be 5th.
--If Hackett beats Westside, and Magazine beats WYC then LAVACA will be 5th

Most of it's long shot shenanigans happening stuff....but I think that covers the possible scenarios for the 4 with 3 games tonight 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 02, 2018, 11:21:35 am
In the 4-2a
1. Mntburg/Hector
2. Magazine/MntBurg/Hector
3. Hector/Lavaca
4. Hackett/Lavaca/Magazine
5. Lavaca/Westside

With 3 games to be played tonight only WYC has no chance at the playoffs....and No seeds are completely settled if I'm looking at it correctly...
You are corrext. everything gets decided tonight

DnA Prostaff

Ok, gotcha, my bad. Thanks for the clarification

rattlerfan24

Redzone

AR Ball Junkie

Possible Hazen and Gurdon matchup in the 2nd round.  Two highly ranked teams in 2A may go at it early.  Should be a good un. 

dawgpound

This is one of the more stacked brackets I've seen there are some really good teams that will battling it out in week 2 and 3

72aDaddy

Quote from: AR Ball Junkie on November 03, 2018, 12:47:25 am
Possible Hazen and Gurdon matchup in the 2nd round.  Two highly ranked teams in 2A may go at it early.  Should be a good un.
The bottom bracket is juiced.

Hate to say it, but whoever makes it from that side of the bracket will be running on fumes. With that, in my mind, the state champ game will be Foreman vs JC in the semis.

brown2010

Foreman- Junction City. Conway Christian-Gurdon

Partsman

Gonna be loaded with teams from the 7 for a while.

AR Ball Junkie

The SW and West have ruled 2A ball over the last decade sans McCrory.  I think the East gets a team to the Final 4 this year.

Foreman - JC
Mt Ida - Hazen 

dawgpound

Hazen will have their hands full with gurdon and Hampton on that side

AR Ball Junkie

For sure.  Any one of those 3 teams could make semis....that side of the bracket is loaded.  Giving Hazen a slight advantage with home field. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 03, 2018, 07:11:08 am

No. Gurdon or Hampton will struggle with Hazen.

who-knew

My final four, foreman, Jc, Conway Christian and Hazen.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 07:59:37 am

6 of one, half dozen of another...

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 07:59:37 am
there is no OR. If Hazen moves forward it will be both. Then probably CC to top it off before WMS. It's a tough slate.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 03, 2018, 08:43:19 am
there is no OR. If Hazen moves forward it will be both. Then probably CC to top it off before WMS. It's a tough slate.

its the fricking playoffs, its supposed to be tough. the other side is just as tough.

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 08:44:57 am

its the fricking playoffs, its supposed to be tough. the other side is just as tough.
No, it's not. I can say without doubt that JC and Foreman are on a collision course. In the bottom, I have no idea. 4 or 5 different teams could literally be in WMS.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 03, 2018, 08:51:16 am
No, it's not. I can say without doubt that JC and Foreman are on a collision course. In the bottom, I have no idea. 4 or 5 different teams could literally be in WMS.

its not that easy. heck batey could go down again in round 2. no guarantees

mountainburg goes into j.c. and knocks them off.

dawgpound

couch-coach06

He slipped on wet turf and " tweaked " a knee .. I honestly think it scared him more than anything ..

couch-coach06

And the right side is a heck of a lot tougher than the left ... As always there is 6 or 7 teams that could get hot and win  4 or 5of those are in the right side

godgiven999

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 08:44:57 am

The top bracket looks tough if your not Foreman or JC. If you are Foreman or JC then it dosen't look so tough!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

people say that every year, "oh this side is tougher" or "that side is easiest" and it normally never works out that way. and I bet this year will be no different.

couch-coach06

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 09:27:01 am
people say that every year, "oh this side is tougher" or "that side is easiest" and it normally never works out that way. and I bet this year will be no different.

Your correct

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 03, 2018, 09:29:16 am
Your correct

des arc has been on both sides, the "tough side" and the "easy side", and its always different.

couch-coach06

Well no one that didn't live in foreman had the Gators coming out of our bracket last year .. bearden upset mccrory .. Danville knocked off rison .. anything can happen .. great thing about high school football but I'll be honest as a gators fan I would sure rather be setting at the top of that left bracket than somewhere else

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 03, 2018, 09:36:08 am
Well no one that didn't live in foreman had the Gators coming out of our bracket last year .. bearden upset mccrory .. Danville knocked off rison .. anything can happen .. great thing about high school football but I'll be honest as a gators fan I would sure rather be setting at the top of that left bracket than somewhere else

if you are a team that's good enough to win it all, it doesn't matter.

couch-coach06

Ehh i disagree .. home field advantage when you start talking about 4 to 5 hours of travel can be big .. I mean a home game where Salem has too make that drive in the 3rd round vs a 5 hour trip too hazen in the second round .. it matters

godgiven999

So yall dont believe that Foreman and JC play? Really

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 09:39:40 am

if you are a team that's good enough to win it all, it doesn't matter.
That's bologna. Playoff draw matters. It's easy to get up for good competition 1 game. It's difficult to do it 3 games in a row. I don't even know why I need to explain that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 03, 2018, 09:42:22 am
Ehh i disagree .. home field advantage when you start talking about 4 to 5 hours of travel can be big .. I mean a home game where Salem has too make that drive in the 3rd round vs a 5 hour trip too hazen in the second round .. it matters

that's why you leave and take your time and stop and unload.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 03, 2018, 09:43:56 am
That's bologna. Playoff draw matters. It's easy to get up for good competition 1 game. It's difficult to do it 3 games in a row. I don't even know why I need to explain that.

its the f**king playoffs, after round 1, its gonna be good games, it is this way every year. maybe your team isn't a staple in the playoffs and you don't know that, but its tha truth.

couch-coach06

I guess we will have too agree too disagree... Last year on Foreman's run .. 1st round mercy rule .. 2nd round competitive .. 3rd round mercy rule .. semis mercy rule

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 09:46:28 am

its the f**king playoffs, after round 1, its gonna be good games, it is this way every year. maybe your team isn't a staple in the playoffs and you don't know that, but its tha truth.
JC walks to the semis. Foreman sleep walks to semis. If Hazen makes it, they limp into the semis. This is Arkansas 2a playoffs. There are 20 bad teams in it every year. Let's not act like these are the NFL playoffs. Perspective.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 03, 2018, 09:50:55 am
JC walks to the semis. Foreman sleep walks to semis. If Hazen makes it, they limp into the semis. This is Arkansas 2a playoffs. There are 20 bad teams in it every year. Let's not act like these are the NFL playoffs. Perspective.

I know that not every game or team will be competitive, im saying that the top 2 from most of the conf, and top 3 from some will be dangerous teams. that's why I said after rnd one, you will get a better idea.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

didn't forman just pound gurdon last night? I figure hazen will do the same to them.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: dawgpound on November 03, 2018, 07:11:08 am
I look at it as Gurdon and Hampton will have their hands full with Hazen.

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 09:53:13 am
I know that not every game or team will be competitive, im saying that the top 2 from most of the conf, and top 3 from some will be dangerous teams. that's why I said after rnd one, you will get a better idea.
1 and 2 seeds from the 6,7,8 playing other 1 and 2's from the 6, 7, and 8 can be competitive pending the teams. But Hector, 1 seed with home field throughout may very well lose to a 3 seed in rd 2. And lose easily, and it's predictable. And that's because, back to the point, the draw matters.

Eslim03

Mineral will give Hampton a game too. That quadrant of the bracket is by far the toughest.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 03, 2018, 09:57:27 am
1 and 2 seeds from the 6,7,8 playing other 1 and 2's from the 6, 7, and 8 can be competitive pending the teams. But Hector, 1 seed with home field throughout may very well lose to a 3 seed in rd 2. And lose easily, and it's predictable. And that's because, back to the point, the draw matters.

hector at home is a tough out, they may have the best home field environment in 2a.

72aDaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2018, 09:56:04 am
didn't forman just pound gurdon last night? I figure hazen will do the same to them.
Foreman pounded Gurdon like Hazen pounded Des Arc. The difference, Foreman would run circles around Hazen IMO.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas