• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 2 teams from each Conference

Started by wait4it, October 16, 2018, 10:00:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wait4it

With teams moving down in classification, who are the top two teams in each conference?  who battles for the state title?

wait4it

4A-1
1. Harrison
2. Farmington/Pea Ridge

4A-3
1.  Blythevile
2.  Southside

4A-4
1.  Morrilton
2.  Pottsville

4A-5
1.  Mills
2. e-Stem

4A-7
1.  Bauxite
2. Arkadelphia

4A-8
1.  Magnolia
2.  Camden Fairview

DQLeopard

wait4it

not up to date on the girls side...any input?

Bulldog92

Quote from: DQLeopard on October 17, 2018, 10:44:11 am
How about girls?
Always amazes me how everyone knows everything about their boys team but absolutely nothing about their girls team. They show up after the first couple of games just to watch the boys, LOL!!

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Bulldog92 on October 29, 2018, 01:51:55 pm
Always amazes me how everyone knows everything about their boys team but absolutely nothing about their girls team. They show up after the first couple of games just to watch the boys, LOL!!

To be fair some schools girls basketball is awful, but there are also some schools where people pack the girls games then half way through the boys games roll out because the boys are awful. People like exciting ball, regardless of who puts it on.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Bulldog92 on October 29, 2018, 01:51:55 pm
Not that way at all schools.  I know at Pottsville both teams get support.  It is more the quality of the program.  Funny people seem to support success.

AirItOut21

Quote from: wait4it on October 16, 2018, 11:00:21 am
4A-1
1. Harrison
2. Farmington/Pea Ridge

4A-3
1.  Blythevile
2.  Southside

4A-4
1.  Morrilton
2.  Pottsville

4A-5
1.  Mills
2. e-Stem

4A-7
1.  Bauxite
2. Arkadelphia

4A-8
1.  Magnolia
2.  Camden Fairview

Arkadelphia???

iRebound

I'll give it a run at Girls:

4A-1
Farmington and Berryville (Gravette and Harrison could cause some problems here)

4A-3
Batesville and Brookland

4A-4
Morrilton and Pottsville

4A-5
PA and Estem

4A-7
Dequeen and ??

4A-8
Star City and ?? (I think it would have to be Monticello or Magnolia)

LeftyWorld

I would expect Bauxite girls to make some noise. Harrison is back coaching them and I am sure they will be solid.

wait4it

Quote from: AirItOut21 on October 30, 2018, 10:28:33 pm
Arkadelphia???
After further investigation I think Arkadelphia is out....maybe Malvern or Bauxite? 

Gray lizard

October 31, 2018, 01:41:32 pm #11 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:48:17 pm by Gray lizard
The 4A-4 Girls will be very tough from what I expect.

The two dropping 5A in Morrilton and Clarksville are expected to be very good.
Ozark and Pottsville  will be talented but young.
Dardanelle was a very improved team last year, but have a coaching change.
Not sure what if anything Dover has.
I know nothing about Heber Springs or Subiaco(hate having a all boys school in a conference).

Sport Master

October 31, 2018, 01:48:58 pm #12 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:51:36 pm by Sport Master
Southside Boys?

wait4it

Sport Master

November 01, 2018, 01:50:11 pm #14 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:53:07 pm by Sport Master
Jonesboro Westside? Brookland? Valleyview?

wait4it

November 02, 2018, 08:43:06 am #15 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:15:52 am by wait4it
So....who do you think is 1 and 2 in that conference?

1. Blytheville
2. Westside?

Sport Master

Westside has their two leading scorers returning. I would put them as the 1 and blytheville as a close 2

cannon

Quote from: Sport Master on November 04, 2018, 11:10:12 am
Westside has their two leading scorers returning. I would put them as the 1 and blytheville as a close 2

Valley View will be surprisingly good. They lost a big to a shoulder injury during football season, but they'll be up in there.  IMHO, Blytheville will be the team to beat.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 04, 2018, 05:05:48 pm #18 Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:09:35 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: cannon on November 04, 2018, 05:03:02 pm
Valley View will be surprisingly good. They lost a big to a shoulder injury during football season, but they'll be up in there.  IMHO, Blytheville will be the team to beat.

Cannon , I would give the nod to Blytheville also
Brookland returns almost everyone with some young depth

wait4it

I think Blytheville is first. 

Valley View and Westside for second.

Head Lion

I have seen Blytheville, they will be very tough in 4A.

Informant

Southside lost there top 3 guys.  Putting them at the top is foolish.  Blytheville is as overrated as they come.  Keep in mind, they were beaten by Brookland last year and Brookland returns everyone.  Westside is by far the favorite here.  Felts and Felkins are arguably the best players in the conference. Blytheville will be have athletes sure, but lack discipline or the coach to give them any.  Batesville and Southside will not factor in.

1. Westside
2. Brookland or Valley View
3. Blytheville

The better question is who from this group makes the state tournament?  With the other side being LOADED!! 

wait4it

Quote from: Informant on November 05, 2018, 12:13:31 pm
Southside lost there top 3 guys.  Putting them at the top is foolish.  Blytheville is as overrated as they come.  Keep in mind, they were beaten by Brookland last year and Brookland returns everyone.  Westside is by far the favorite here.  Felts and Felkins are arguably the best players in the conference. Blytheville will be have athletes sure, but lack discipline or the coach to give them any.  Batesville and Southside will not factor in.

1. Westside
3. Blytheville

The better question is who from this group makes the state tournament?  With the other side being LOADED!! 

Very true....Mills is tops then Wynne and EStem arent bad...throw in Forest City and PA for kicks...pretty salty.

Central Ark

Quote from: wait4it on November 05, 2018, 12:27:31 pm
Very true....Mills is tops then Wynne and EStem arent bad...throw in Forest City and PA for kicks...pretty salty.

Don't forget about Stuttgart. They lost like 2 games last year and returned everybody.

wait4it

Cant seem to find Stuttgart in the regional or state tournament from last year.  Their Maxpreps site says a record of 19-3 but something strange about them not in any post season tournaments.

Informant

Quote from: wait4it on November 06, 2018, 12:45:25 pm
Cant seem to find Stuttgart in the regional or state tournament from last year.  Their Maxpreps site says a record of 19-3 but something strange about them not in any post season tournaments.

They were beaten by Riverview at Riverview in the District Tournament.  3rd Seed behind Southside and Prep.  They were really solid and will be again. 

Although, I'm not sure what you are getting at!

wait4it

just could not find them in any post season spots.  nothing more...

leaderofthepack10

I think the 4A-3 will be:

1. Westside
2. Blytehville
3. Brookland
4. Valley View

wait4it

4A-8
1.  Magnolia
2.  Camden Fairview
3.  Star City
4.  Monticello

BirdCall

Mills will win the 4A easy they should not be in the 4A at all.

wait4it

Quote from: BirdCall on November 10, 2018, 11:43:42 am
Mills will win the 4A easy they should not be in the 4A at all.
What class should they be in?

NEA Razorback olfan

MikeDieselâ„¢

1. Westside
3. Blytheville

Wow.  You have some kind of vendetta against Coach Pierce, I guess.  That victory over Jonesboro last night was a fluke maybe?  The Chicks can play a little.  And Pierce is doing a great job. 

Missco

November 21, 2018, 10:37:13 am #33 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:41:04 am by Missco
Blytheville has always had a good program. They easily have more titles than any team in their conference. Pierce is a good coach. Sounds like his teams must have beaten Coach informant over the years. Pierce has beaten Jonesboro twice since he has been at Bly-vegas.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 21, 2018, 11:22:36 am #34 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:27:13 am by NEA Razorback olfan
I thought Blytheville looked very good at Brookland tourney.
I would give them and Westside the nod for battling it out  in the new conference for first

Bbal789

Pulaski Academy and ESTEM will be a pretty tought teams to play all season. Westside should definitely be at the top of their conference with Felts and Felkins returning. Mills should definitely be the favorites to win it all.

Hawk4L

I take it none of the good athletes at Mills plays football if they are this good at basketball bc they went 0-10

Neckred

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 22, 2018, 09:04:12 am
I take it none of the good athletes at Mills plays football if they are this good at basketball bc they went 0-10
As is the case with most LR schools.  This is why Arkansas is struggling in football.

Informant

November 23, 2018, 11:35:11 am #38 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:57:30 pm by Informant
Quote from: Missco on November 21, 2018, 10:37:13 am
Blytheville has always had a good program. They easily have more titles than any team in their conference. Pierce is a good coach. Sounds like his teams must have beaten Coach informant over the years. Pierce has beaten Jonesboro twice since he has been at Bly-vegas.

Could you explain the title comment and its relevancy to this thread?  Last title Blytheville won was in 2006?  Since that time, Westisde has been to 3 state finals, winning 1.  Brookland has a state championship since that time.   

Blytheville beat JHS by 1 point at home on a last second heave if im not mistaken.  And i'm assuming they beat them recenlty, but there isn't a record of that on MaxPreps so I'm aslo assuming that game didn't actually count.  What about the other few times they've played recently? O thats right, JHS won by 30+ or maybe even 40+.  Congrats to Blytheville on those two (but really just one) victories though.

In two seasons under Pierce, Blytheville is 17-13 (2018) and 16-13 (2017).  They are 1-2 in the state tournament. Mediocre at best. They are bound to have a better record this year, simply becuase they are playing down in 4A now.  Lets put this Brookland tournament into perspecitve though!  Beat 2A Bay... not sure what Coach Brannen was trying to do with the rotations but Bay competed.  The game was much closer than the score indicated.  Lost to 3A Prep... This is one of the best teams in Arkansas with the best player in the state.  McBride went for 30+ in this game.  Blytheville had better athletes on the floor (except McBride) and still lost.  Zero game plan from Pierce.  Beat 3A Manila, barely.  O and Manila was without their coach.  But a win is a win. 

I stand by my statement that both Pierce and Blytheville are overrated.  I have no vendetta or hidden agenda.  I do not coach and haven't.  I try to look at things subjectively and give my opinion. Some agree and some don't.  Hometown folks will never look at things with a real eye. 

I think Blytheville ends up 2nd or 3rd in this conference.  Their record will reflect a good year but i do not expect them to make the state tournament.  The other side is too loaded and too good. 

Best of luck to everyone.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

wait4it

wellllllll with the season underway, are there any surprises? 
4A-8

After beating El Dorado at El Dorado, Magnolia may be the favorite.  Malvern beat Camden Fairview. Monticello is 2-1 and they may have jumped CF for second. 

Razorhummer

1. Westside
3. Blytheville

I agree about Southside. Big Tom which was our 6'10" center is a senior at another school but can't play because he started playing sr. high in the 8th grade. Brogdon which is 6'8" is at PA and Patterson which was the biggest loss is at Harding Academy. This team had only one loss their 9th grade year and was to a great Nettleton team. You only have 2 starters left from the past 2 seasons and we do have some good sophomores and juniors but don't look for them to dominate teams like they have the past 2 seasons.

wait4it

I know I have changed a couple of earlier decisions on rankings. Any other switches?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas