• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Player in 2A

Started by AverageJo24, October 11, 2018, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound#1

Quote from: bleacherbum78 on October 31, 2018, 01:59:30 pm
Cook from JC is a pretty darn good back! JC likes to use him at WR but when he is in the backfield he does nothing but makes plays with the ball in his hands!

I agree,  buts he is not top 2 this year based on performance alone. 

MT Legend

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 02:01:09 pm
Of course your gonna say that.  According to post your post history Allen over at 42 sports is a friend of yours.  It's funny as prideful as JC fans are when I posted that they didn't go nuts on me far saying that.  Kid is good but nothing justified him as a finalist.  You Marked Tree folks mad as us???  I agree that 1st qtr prob was hard to swallow this year.

nicely played lol play on that as your reason.im just a football fan.and my opinion is cook and batey are in a league of their own.i did some research of y'alls season I found zero top 10 wins.the only game you played worth mentioning is walnut ridge and on that night Turner was held under 170.I believe he had 166 in a loss.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

is it true the kid from j.c. doesn't even start?

Greyhound#1

Quote from: MT Legend on October 31, 2018, 02:13:06 pm
nicely played lol play on that as your reason.im just a football fan.and my opinion is cook and batey are in a league of their own.i did some research of y'alls season I found zero top 10 wins.the only game you played worth mentioning is walnut ridge and on that night Turner was held under 170.I believe he had 166 in a loss.

Why don't you check out how many backs ran that much on walnut ridge this year.  I mean they played some pretty good ones.  Another stat everyone on schedule but 1 team will be playing in the playoffs this year.  Just saying...  again you digging deep Walnut ridge is heck of football team in the 3a.

MT Legend

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 02:22:12 pm
Why don't you check out how many backs ran that much on walnut ridge this year.  I mean they played some pretty good ones.  Another stat everyone on schedule but 1 team will be playing in the playoffs this year.  Just saying...  again you digging deep Walnut ridge is heck of football team in the 3a.

that's why you have to win those games.they struggled with Harrisburg.Harrisburg is not very good at all.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: MT Legend on October 31, 2018, 02:25:27 pm
that's why you have to win those games.they struggled with Harrisburg.Harrisburg is not very good at all.

Oh I agree we should have won.  We had 4 possessions inside the 20 and didn't put it in But this topic isn't about Salem winning or losing but who is the top player in 2a.

i40traveler

Hazen probably has 2 backs better than Salems 1

MT Legend

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 02:29:23 pm
Oh I agree we should have won.  We had 4 possessions inside the 20 and didn't put it in But this topic isn't about Salem winning or losing but who is the top player in 2a.

so your saying 42 Sports should not factor level of competition into there criteria? If so then I agree Turner should have won the award.if not then why is Turner more worthy of the award then the 2 selected?

72aDaddy

Quote from: MT Legend on October 31, 2018, 02:13:06 pm
166 is nothing to hang your head about. And you even dubbed WR as a standout opponent.

MT Legend

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 05:33:20 pm
166 is nothing to hang your head about. And you even dubbed WR as a standout opponent.

compared to what they played lol.no I hardly find WR good not even close.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 31, 2018, 02:14:12 pm
is it true the kid from j.c. doesn't even start?
He's a starter both ways and makes things happen. He is also probably the best kick returner in 2a....

baseball13

Quote from: cuz on October 31, 2018, 06:11:16 pm
He's a starter both ways and makes things happen. He is also probably the best kick returner in 2a....

He will take a punt to the house as well

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on October 31, 2018, 06:11:16 pm

Thanks Cuz

Greyhound#1

October 31, 2018, 07:53:22 pm #113 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:56:32 pm by Greyhound#1
Quote from: MT Legend on October 31, 2018, 02:36:16 pm
so your saying 42 Sports should not factor level of competition into there criteria? If so then I agree Turner should have won the award.if not then why is Turner more worthy of the award then the 2 selected?

Then just make  kids from 7 & 8 the only one eligible.  If not gonna give credit for there stats.  Crap why you at  it just have the 7 & 8 just have there own state tournament.  No need for rest of to show up.

MT Legend

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 07:53:22 pm
Then just make  kids from 7 & 8 the only one eligible.  If not gonna give credit for there stats.  Crap why you at  it just have the 7 & 8 just have there on state tournament.  No for rest of to show up.
[/quote4]

now your talking.that would be worth the fly in.

Wantobe

Quote from: Wantobe on October 30, 2018, 09:14:11 pm
42 sports says it's between Batey and Cook from JC. I don't follow JC, but I've not seen anything on Cook. What's his story or stats?
Thanks for all the feedback. I figured Cook was a serious threat, I just wondered why no one on this thread had mentioned him before 42 sports put him on their list as a finalist.

Eslim03

Kyren Batey closed the door on this conversation tonight.....

Redzone

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 02, 2018, 10:51:10 pm

You got that right!

Wantobe

I'll refer to him as Mr. Batey after that performance. He did what Batey does so well.

RabidWolf

Eslim03

Not sure in stats yet but they won't tell the whole story. He had a interception and three or four balls batted down. Two 65+ yard TDS and just was the man when it matter most for a regular season game.

Hasbeen92

I'll reserve that for right after junction game

72aDaddy

Quote from: RabidWolf on November 02, 2018, 10:59:56 pm
Stats?
Not sure. I do know he had a 65 yarder to literally start the game. And with about 6 min to go in the 4th Q he took one 85. So 2 rush attempts for 145 yards. Outside of that he was limited well. He may have had 185 on no more than 15 rushing attempts. Gurdon couldn't let that happen in order to win, but Batey made 2 huge plays like good players do. I do want to give kudos to Foremans D. Gurdon doesn't win with offense, but there was not much interior wiggle room. And on snap Foremans D would literally sprint to the play side boundary to limit Gurdon getting the edge. There are lots of ways to combat that, but Gurdon kind of just kept playing into it.

That semi match up vs JC, given both make it, will be a dandy.

Greyhound#1

I know you guys are all for Batey as top 2a player but Turner number can't be ignored.

Acccording to the stats publish on Max preps. He is  Top 5 in the nation with only 9 games played.  He top 15  amount 10 games played nationwide.   Top 30 in TD's.  Turner also has a lot less carries compared to the top leaders.  This is nationwide were not just talking Arkansas. 

Here is all his offense and defensive stats

Offense
186/2438 rushing yds
34TD rushing TD
2 receptions for 16 yards

Defense
59 TACKLES
11 FOR LOSS
4 forced fumbles
3 fumbles recovered
1 fumble return for TD
1 INTERCEPTION

8 of 9 teams on our schedule made the playoffs.   

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 03, 2018, 09:18:49 pm
I know you guys are all for Batey as top 2a player but Turner number can't be ignored.

Acccording to the stats publish on Max preps. He is  Top 5 in the nation with only 9 games played.  He top 15  amount 10 games played nationwide.   Top 30 in TD's.  Turner also has a lot less carries compared to the top leaders.  This is nationwide were not just talking Arkansas. 

Here is all his offense and defensive stats

Offense
186/2438 rushing yds
34TD rushing TD
2 receptions for 16 yards

Defense
59 TACKLES
11 FOR LOSS
4 forced fumbles
3 fumbles recovered
1 fumble return for TD
1 INTERCEPTION

8 of 9 teams on our schedule made the playoffs.   

[/quote
Marked Tree and McCrory didn't make playoffs

Greyhound#1

Actually Mccrory did make the playoffs but midland didn't.  So 7 of 9 would be correct.  Our 3 non conference opponents did however. 

cav2012

Greyhound#1

Eslim03

Listen grey hound I'm on this for the third time, turner is a good player but he is no Batey. Why do you keep trying to talk about this. He must be your son or relative and yes I know you said othwise but dude com on man. If Salem can beat their second round matchup. Batey will show you once again cause you already seen it once. 

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 04, 2018, 12:45:29 am
Listen grey hound I'm on this for the third time, turner is a good player but he is no Batey. Why do you keep trying to talk about this. He must be your son or relative and yes I know you said othwise but dude com on man. If Salem can beat their second round matchup. Batey will show you once again cause you already seen it once.

I was just keeping the post update with current stats.  Is there something wrong with that.  If some would post other stats on top players this would be a pretty cool topic.  Like I would like to know the Hazen rb's stats.  What about that Kid from Conway Christian.  Not sure why his name is not in the mix..  The thread has been going all year.  What exactly is wrong with updating it.  Someone sent his stats to me on the year so  I passed the info on.  I started posting more about his stats because no would mention him on any watchlist awards.  I have told you I have no relative on Salem team.  I have never had a relative play for Salem well that not totally true  like back in the early 90's my uncle played.  It's not hard to figure out who I am.  I have  have been posting on here for like 10 years on here.  Sorry eslim03 if I offended you by posting that.  Your post has a sense of bitterness to it.  There has been a thousand post about Batey since last year.  I bet not one time did you call out a persons post and tell them we're tired hearing how good Batey is. 

godgiven999

I'm sure Turner is a good player. I watched his hudl highlights. He has good stats but stats aren't always everything. Foreman runs an flex option which means the ball goes to what ever option is open. If Foreman lined up in a I formation and fed Batey the ball 20 times a game his stats would be through the roof.

Redzone

November 04, 2018, 08:34:48 pm #131 Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:41:25 pm by Redzone
Kyren Batey had
18 carries for 257yds 2TD against Gurdon.

Season total

Rushing
104 - 1179 - 26 TD
Passing
9/24 -138- 1TD

Receiving
2 - 73 - 1TD

28 total TD

Defense
29 tackles
3 tfl
3 int
1 caused fumble

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Redzone on November 04, 2018, 08:34:48 pm
Kyren Batey had

Season total

Rushing
104 - 1179 - 26 TD
Passing
9/24 -138- 1TD

Receiving
2 - 73 - 1TD

28 total TD

Defense
29 tackles
3 tfl
3 int
1 caused fumble

Nice,  thanks for the stats. 

RATTLER43

Quote from: Redzone on November 04, 2018, 08:34:48 pm
Kyren Batey had

Season total

Rushing
104 - 1179 - 26 TD
Passing
9/24 -138- 1TD

Receiving
2 - 73 - 1TD

28 total TD

Defense
29 tackles
3 tfl
3 int
1 caused fumble

TD every 4 carries!!!!  Absolutely amazing.

Redzone

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 04, 2018, 09:13:46 pm
Nice,  thanks for the stats.

No problem. What position is Turner on defense?

Greyhound#1

i40traveler

I would have thought Batey had more tackles

Redzone

Quote from: i40traveler on November 05, 2018, 06:18:39 am

He just sits back at FS waiting on the pass or to chase down a blown play across the field.

Partsman

Foreman had one game called at the end of the first quarter and one called early in the 3rd. That is one whole game with no stats basically.

Wantobe

Quote from: i40traveler on November 05, 2018, 06:18:39 am
He plays Safety. The reason Batey don't have many tackles is because they never got to him. Haywood, Cross, Kegley and the rest of the Gator Defense shut the ball down.

Redzone

Quote from: Wantobe on November 05, 2018, 08:26:42 am
He plays Safety. The reason Batey don't have many tackles is because they never got to him. Haywood, Cross, Kegley and the rest of the Gator Defense shut the ball down.
+1

Tigerbait1212

Havent seen Batey, but Turner for Salem is a mule. Kid will run over you, and has speed to run by you. He is a ball hawk on defense as well.

Hornet68

Kade perry is a absolute beast. All state his junior year and on the farm bureau awards watch list. Kid is absolutely crazy on defense and will destroy anyone he goes up against.

dawgpound

What is the turner kids 40 time and size bc on film he doesn't look very fast or very big

godgiven999

Quote from: dawgpound on November 05, 2018, 04:54:35 pm
What is the turner kids 40 time and size bc on film he doesn't look very fast or very big
Im sure someone will say 4.4.or.4.5 but he looks 4.7 4.8

couch-coach06

Yeah doesn't appear too be a speedster on tape more of a hard runner and shifty

dawgpound

He does run hard and doesn't give up easily.  Have they played anybody with a halfway decent defense

Hasbeen92

Good speed for 2A hard runner, not on allot of recruiting radars I'm sure he's a good kid and good 2A running back I hope he catches on somewhere

couch-coach06

Quote from: dawgpound on November 05, 2018, 06:44:22 pm
He does run hard and doesn't give up easily.  Have they played anybody with a halfway decent defense

I'll say no ... He was eating up teams pretty good last year came down too foreman and had a 100 yards I think

GatorBall

42 Sports just announced Foreman's Kyren Batey is 2A Player of the Year  ;D ;D ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas