• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion at Searcy, 4-1 vs. 4-1

Started by Gomer_Pyle_It_On, October 01, 2018, 12:53:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Well this suddenly got more interesting. After taking a 56-21 shellacking at the hands of the WM crew (who was coming off of a bad showing at Marion), Searcy suddenly looks very vulnerable. Marion is coming off a great game vs. Sylvan Hills that saw the offense score the most points all season, and the defense allowed the fewest points all season. Patriots also went into Lion Stadium for homecoming two years ago and beat that undefeated squad, starting a chain of 4 consecutive losses. Who wins the tilt of 4-1 vs. 4-1?

Wildcat Football

Marion is such a hard one to pick.  They play great for awhile then usually fold during season.  I know they have some very good players, but for whatever reason fold down the stretch.  I like Searcy in this game being at home by 14 points.  Does anyone have some analysis on the WM game loss for Searcy?  I'm still scratching my head on that game last Friday.  Was the game closer than the score indicates?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 02, 2018, 09:13:46 am
Marion is such a hard one to pick.  They play great for awhile then usually fold during season.  I know they have some very good players, but for whatever reason fold down the stretch.  I like Searcy in this game being at home by 14 points.  Does anyone have some analysis on the WM game loss for Searcy?  I'm still scratching my head on that game last Friday.  Was the game closer than the score indicates?

No, not even close. Felt like West Memphis had control the entire game. Searcy WR's didn't get any separation, and WM was able to get pressure with their front 4 all night long.

OB11

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 02, 2018, 09:13:46 am

With an almost completely new coaching staff this year, you might see a Marion team that plays for an entire season. Looks like they have done some great things so far.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: OB11 on October 02, 2018, 10:26:08 am
With an almost completely new coaching staff this year, you might see a Marion team that plays for an entire season. Looks like they have done some great things so far.

So far, this coaching staff has done nothing the previous staff didn't.

I wouldn't say Marion just falls off during season. They've finished 4th or better in conference the past few years. They just haven't won games they weren't supposed to win such as WM and Pine Bluff. They've split with Jonesboro and Searcy the past couple of years. So we will see how the rest of conference season shakes up.

OB11

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on October 02, 2018, 10:42:31 am
So far, this coaching staff has done nothing the previous staff didn't.

I wouldn't say Marion just falls off during season. They've finished 4th or better in conference the past few years. They just haven't won games they weren't supposed to win such as WM and Pine Bluff. They've split with Jonesboro and Searcy the past couple of years. So we will see how the rest of conference season shakes up.

I know almost nothing about Marion. Do you think they are 4-1 this year with the coaching staff they had last year?

This is not a shot at the previous coaching staff, I'm just genuinely curious.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: OB11 on October 02, 2018, 10:45:38 am
I know almost nothing about Marion. Do you think they are 4-1 this year with the coaching staff they had last year?

This is not a shot at the previous coaching staff, I'm just genuinely curious.

I'd like to say yes, but I can't. Patriots have done two things I never saw happen under the last staff. 1) Take the points (like kicking a field goal on 4th at Wynne setting up OT) and 2) suffocating defense with multiple sets. I'd bet the pats are 2-3 without this new coaching staff.

OB11

Quote from: RushingRed14 on October 02, 2018, 12:01:35 pm
I'd like to say yes, but I can't. Patriots have done two things I never saw happen under the last staff. 1) Take the points (like kicking a field goal on 4th at Wynne setting up OT) and 2) suffocating defense with multiple sets. I'd bet the pats are 2-3 without this new coaching staff.

Thanks for the insight.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: RushingRed14 on October 02, 2018, 12:01:35 pm

Have to take into consideration that Wynne and Blytheville are way down from years past. In 15, Marion finished 3-0 in non conference, and beat Wynne with a last second field goal. Then got beat by WM. Also, the defense has a couple of kids that have D-1 offers now. Not the case in years past.

I'd say you'd have to wait until they play Pine Bluff and Jonesboro to see where they finish in conference to have a fair comparison.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on October 02, 2018, 12:49:30 pm
Have to take into consideration that Wynne and Blytheville are way down from years past. In 15, Marion finished 3-0 in non conference, and beat Wynne with a last second field goal. Then got beat by WM. Also, the defense has a couple of kids that have D-1 offers now. Not the case in years past.

I'd say you'd have to wait until they play Pine Bluff and Jonesboro to see where they finish in conference to have a fair comparison.

The field goal was Blytheville. :) Anyways, I'm not sure that even PB or Jonesboro are good for comparisons. PB is hurt and Jonesboro lost a ton last year. I'll admit that I haven't heard too much out of Jonesboro this year, but that fact probably indicates they are not up to full song if past years are any indication.

ricepig

Quote from: RushingRed14 on October 02, 2018, 12:58:25 pm
The field goal was Blytheville. :) Anyways, I'm not sure that even PB or Jonesboro are good for comparisons. PB is hurt and Jonesboro lost a ton last year. I'll admit that I haven't heard too much out of Jonesboro this year, but that fact probably indicates they are not up to full song if past years are any indication.

Don't really know on Jonesboro, the new DC from Nashville has the defense playing much better, but they basically only had one way to go. The offense is hit or miss, the sophomore QB is improving, but the run game is lacking. The top RB is no longer on the team. One of the top WR's broke his collarbone in week two and is out until the playoffs.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2018, 05:55:13 pm
Don't really know on Jonesboro, the new DC from Nashville has the defense playing much better, but they basically only had one way to go. The offense is hit or miss, the sophomore QB is improving, but the run game is lacking. The top RB is no longer on the team. One of the top WR's broke his collarbone in week two and is out until the playoffs.

Man, I hate that for y'all! Two years in a row of being marred by injury is tough. I'm sure the future is bright for the Canes though.

Iknewthemwhen

Tough week for Marion, will see how they rebound the next couple of weeks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas