• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-2 2018

Started by phdefense, August 07, 2018, 09:54:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

The most unpredictable conference in the 4A returns for another year of craziness. The 4A-2 aka the 4A-Central has some new blood, the return of an old foe & as always Ricebird haters & chasers. Tune in this season as cuckoobird drives us down the scenic route of "know your role boulevard" & Sugartown keeps the facts straight. So buckle up as the conference once again takes the script and throws it in the trash.

Discuss.....

beach bum

-Stuttgart wins the league with their toughness and defense

-Heber gets 2nd with solid skill players but will lack what it takes in the trenches to play with the Ricebirds

-SS Batesville thinks they are state wide contenders but wont even finish in the top 2 here... 3rd for them

-LR Mills from an athlete stand point will score some points on the lower teams in the conference and be decent and snag the 4th spot

-Riverview and Lonoke for the 5th spot?

-CAC and Bald Knob at the bottom

Rabhog

Lonoke has a 10th grader Da'lynn Waits 6-4 275lbs defensive line plays basketball. Maybe he can carry the ball on offense.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rabhog on August 07, 2018, 10:58:22 am
Lonoke has a 10th grader Da'lynn Waits 6-4 275lbs defensive line plays basketball. Maybe he can carry the ball on offense.

Maybe he should be on the OL.

bigchief72455

Sounds like a good pulling guard.

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on August 07, 2018, 10:01:10 am
-Stuttgart wins the league with their toughness and defense

-Heber gets 2nd with solid skill players but will lack what it takes in the trenches to play with the Ricebirds

-SS Batesville thinks they are state wide contenders but wont even finish in the top 2 here... 3rd for them

-LR Mills from an athlete stand point will score some points on the lower teams in the conference and be decent and snag the 4th spot

-Riverview and Lonoke for the 5th spot?

-CAC and Bald Knob at the bottom

Don't overlook those Bald Knob boys.

SUGARTOWN

SouthernerPride

The conference will be won in week 5 at Stuttgart.

Heber wont be so lucky this season at Stewart Field.

beach bum

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 08, 2018, 01:22:00 am

The season will be decided when Stuttgart wins all 7 conference games....

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 08, 2018, 01:22:00 am

You're saying last year's Heber win was luck? Why so disrespectful?

SouthernerPride

Quote from: HeberFan on August 08, 2018, 09:01:00 am
You're saying last year's Heber win was luck? Why so disrespectful?
Yes. Southside played its worst game of the year penalty wise and offensively at Heber. The Southerners were definitely the more talented team, and I think they will be again this year. I just don't see the same happening again this season, especially as a road game for the Panthers.

LakeRat

Other than having some of the more colorful and entertaining FF posters... what does Stuttgart have going this year that got folks ranking them in the overall 4A top 10?

I don't recall last year's Ricebirds being a standout. Solid team, but not one of their finest batch of players compared to past up years.

My predictions have Southside, Stuttgart and Heber in the top 3 spots... and the other guys fighting for the bottom of the conference. Still trying to understand what we did to deserve Bald Knob back in 4A-2..? ;)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LakeRat on August 08, 2018, 11:07:24 am
Other than having some of the more colorful and entertaining FF posters... what does Stuttgart have going this year that got folks ranking them in the overall 4A top 10?

I don't recall last year's Ricebirds being a standout. Solid team, but not one of their finest batch of players compared to past up years.

My predictions have Southside, Stuttgart and Heber in the top 3 spots... and the other guys fighting for the bottom of the conference. Still trying to understand what we did to deserve Bald Knob back in 4A-2..? ;)

Eh, somebody's got to be ranked in the top ten. After Robinson and Warren it's kind of a crap shoot right now for 3-10 IMO.

Stuttgart returns some pretty good players on both sides of the ball. I have them and Southside at 1-2 with Heber at a distant 3rd.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: LakeRat on August 08, 2018, 11:07:24 am

if I remember correctly, the Ricebirds were a young and inexperienced team last season.. Especially on offense. They were solid on D because they have some size and athleticism but not as much speed as in past years.

Bald Knob and Mills are solid additions to the conference. I'd rather have to play them than e-stem or Arkansas Baptist.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 08, 2018, 12:55:33 pm
if I remember correctly, the Ricebirds were a young and inexperienced team last season.. Especially on offense. They were solid on D because they have some size and athleticism but not as much speed as in past years.

Bald Knob and Mills are solid additions to the conference. I'd rather have to play them than e-stem or Arkansas Baptist.

e-stem doesn't play football so you never have to worry about playing them.  :)

bigchief72455

Looking forward to travelling to SS for the last non conf game.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 08, 2018, 01:10:36 pm
e-stem doesn't play football so you never have to worry about playing them.  :)
come basketball season tho...

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 08, 2018, 09:25:18 am
Yes. Southside played its worst game of the year penalty wise and offensively at Heber. The Southerners were definitely the more talented team, and I think they will be again this year. I just don't see the same happening again this season, especially as a road game for the Panthers.

Heber executed and Southside didn't. That isn't luck.

JessieP

Southside has made the playoffs twice in their entire football life, 2 whole years. Now their fans would have you believe they are on par with Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman. They are about to lay a serious butt whipping on Warren. The mercy rule clock will be in effect the final 24 minutes. The reality is they have improved. Every year they get a couple players that couldn't handle the grind of Batesville, now they have one of the coaches. No one who left Batesville was or is missed, happy trails. Coach Kings hand-me-downs are paying dividends big time for SS. Look out 4A, Southside is getting ready to run the table. According to them.

bigchief72455

I guess we shall see.

LakeRat

By week 3 of Conference play we should have a good read on who's playing well of the 3 teams "projected" to play well based on preseason fortune-telling and historical statistics...

Stuttgart will go against Southside at home and Heber on the road in weeks 1 & 2. Southside and Heber meet up in week 5.

The challenge with 4A-2 is one of the preseason middle or lower ranked teams getting a run on the other lower ranked teams early in Conference play then going against the stronger ranked teams later in the schedule.  I prefer the parity we have vs some other conferences with 1-2 dominate teams year after year...

AirWarren

Quote from: JessieP on August 09, 2018, 08:47:01 pm
Southside has made the playoffs twice in their entire football life, 2 whole years. Now their fans would have you believe they are on par with Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman. They are about to lay a serious butt whipping on Warren. The mercy rule clock will be in effect the final 24 minutes. The reality is they have improved. Every year they get a couple players that couldn't handle the grind of Batesville, now they have one of the coaches. No one who left Batesville was or is missed, happy trails. Coach Kings hand-me-downs are paying dividends big time for SS. Look out 4A, Southside is getting ready to run the table. According to them.

They will steam roll us. We are low on talent again this year.

phdefense

Quote from: LakeRat on August 10, 2018, 09:26:46 am
  I prefer the parity we have vs some other conferences with 1-2 dominate teams year after year...
I think it makes this conference unique to the 4A. So let's have a short history lesson to those that are newcomers.

Here is a list of the #1 seeds throughout the history of this conference.

2017: Batesville Southside
2016: Heber Springs
2015: CAC
2014: Newport
2013: Pinebluff Dollarway
2012: Stuttgart
2011: Heber Springs
2010: Clinton
2009: Bald Knob
2008: Lonoke
2007: Newport
2006: Stuttgart

As you can see lots of parity with only 3 teams finishing as the #1 more than once and no one has finished 1st in back to back seasons.

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 10, 2018, 09:57:27 am
They will steam roll us. We are low on talent again this year.

Cheer up, Lumberjack fan. Ya'll might make the playoffs this year. Just hope you don't run into Southside too soon in the bracket -- that's a sure 50-point loss.  :o)

SUGARTOWN

Only 3 games in this conference in Week 0:

Stuttgart @ DeWitt

Southside vs Warren at NLR

Brookland @ Riverview

Interesting that not all teams are taking advantage of a Week 0 game and using the bye later on, a bye before conference starts could be quite useful.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 16, 2018, 07:55:26 am

Stuttgart @ DeWitt

Brookland @ Riverview

Brookland at Riverview will be interesting. Stuttgart will do it's thing against the Dragons. Warren will plays subs for most of the second half.

Interesting that not all teams are taking advantage of a Week 0 game and using the bye later on, a bye before conference starts could be quite useful.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 16, 2018, 07:55:26 am

Stuttgart @ DeWitt

Brookland @ Riverview

I agree.  Also seems mentally tough for a player to see so many other teams in action, while they just have another week of hitting their teammates. Seems to me that playing the first week is fun.

Redwolves8526

How did Stuttgart look against Marion?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 17, 2018, 08:04:36 am
How did Stuttgart look against Marion?

I haven't heard anything.

cuckoobird

We rushed for 500 or so yards and passed for 6.

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 17, 2018, 11:25:55 am
We rushed for 500 or so yards and passed for 6.

Just what I thought.... Ricecakes have no passing game. Sounds like 0-10 season to me!

cuckoobird

You have to pass to win?

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 17, 2018, 02:03:57 pm
You have to pass to win?

Stuttgart doesn't have to pass to win. Probably doesn't even have to run outside the tackles?

Trojanbird

Quote from: HeberFan on August 17, 2018, 02:58:23 pm
Stuttgart doesn't have to pass to win. Probably doesn't even have to run outside the tackles?
You must be speaking of the machine!

smurf_you91

Lol ask Booneville if you have to pass to win! And as a matter of fact didn't the 2012 Stuttgart team run to state?

HeberFan

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 18, 2018, 03:17:26 am
Lol ask Booneville if you have to pass to win! And as a matter of fact didn't the 2012 Stuttgart team run to state?

I saw that Booneville team play in the state championship. They only had a half-dozen plays and didn't need that many. It was a "Here we come. Can you stop us?," squad.

bigchief72455

How did the SS and Harding Academy scrimmage go?

SouthernerPride

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 20, 2018, 03:14:00 pm
How did the SS and Harding Academy scrimmage go?
i never heard a score, but Southside won

bigchief72455

phdefense

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 18, 2018, 03:17:26 am
I will let the video speak for itself

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on August 20, 2018, 06:47:41 pm
I will let the video speak for itself

Fake news, fake news!  :o)

That was an amazing Stuttgart team... and Dollarway was strong that year, too. Slugfest.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on August 21, 2018, 09:16:04 am
Fake news, fake news!  :o)

That was an amazing Stuttgart team... and Dollarway was strong that year, too. Slugfest.

And it's crazy how quickly Dollarway went from that good to being a bad 4A/3A team.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 21, 2018, 09:17:18 am
And it's crazy how quickly Dollarway went from that good to being a bad 4A/3A team.

Dollarway used to be like a small college team... loaded with talent. My son was a sophomore the last year Heber played them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas