• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Vilonia Eagles

Started by InYoGrill, July 25, 2018, 05:35:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Alright you FF 5A posters, what you think V will bring this year. We got a new ex Briar coach who has led some explosive offenses at Briar and Mayflower. V has even redone the helmets and went with a cool looking black V on red. No more eagle look to it.

Those of you who have sons playing at V tell us what you think on here. Mine have all graduated a while ago.

I predict a surprising 4th place and playoff spot because I am IYG.  ;D

As long as we beat Briar that is all that matters, well a big part of it. Go Eagles!

The_Pioneer

Sneak out a single win against Huntsville?

the voice

If he got the twins to transfer who were the reason the offense was successful then it'll be an improvement on offense.  Vilonia has lacked skill players with speed for a while now. A 4th place finish ? Hmmm Morrilton is loaded , Harrison returns husky , Alma is alma , I feel those are top of conference , don't know if Vilonia can win 4 conference games  ,'maybe

The Future

x14113

Quote from: the voice on July 25, 2018, 06:48:31 pm
If he got the twins to transfer who were the reason the offense was successful then it'll be an improvement on offense.  Vilonia has lacked skill players with speed for a while now. A 4th place finish ? Hmmm Morrilton is loaded , Harrison returns husky , Alma is alma , I feel those are top of conference , don't know if Vilonia can win 4 conference games  ,'maybe

To say nothing of Greenbrier, Farmington, and Clarksville.

Heck, the Panthers return almost everyone from last year. (Let's see if that helps its defense any...)

the voice

Not sure about them that's why I didn't mention. Greenbriar usually makes some noise. I expect they'll be in the hunt for a playoff spot. They usually are.

beach bum

Quote from: x14113 on July 25, 2018, 11:29:23 pm
To say nothing of Greenbrier, Farmington, and Clarksville.

Heck, the Panthers return almost everyone from last year. (Let's see if that helps its defense any...)

Farmington has not had an offense since the 1970's.... They got away with decent seasons here and there off a good defense before they moved to 5A, but they will never have a good season in 5A until they have an offense worth watching.

Bbencathcart

Langrell will find ways to win some games. V-town was successful back when they had strong run game.

beach bum

1.Morrilton 6-1
2.Alma 5-2
3.Harrison 5-2
4.Greenbrier 5-2
5.Clarksville 4-3
6.Farmington 2-5
7.Vilonia 1-6
8.Huntsville 0-7

My 2018 5A West prediction.................

Go Postal

InYoGrill

I see humor still smells around the FF threads. LOL! 7th wow! below Farmington and Cville.

I will go with GWOOD Dawg Pound and say state champs rather than 7th. I got faith in this new coach to be successful in his first year with us.  I see where V actively for the first time that I know of participated in a lot of 7on7 this summer. This team of SR's has had it ROUGH the last 2 years so I know they will be wanting to make their SR year a good Eagle pride year and turn this ship around.

Go Eagles!

Overdahill

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 25, 2018, 05:41:46 pm
Sneak out a single win against Huntsville?

Win one for the Griller  :D

InYoGrill

Quote from: Overdahill on July 30, 2018, 10:03:23 am
Win one for the Griller  :D

Haha  ODH. We got only one direction to go when you been bottom for 2 years.  ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: InYoGrill on July 30, 2018, 11:42:35 am
Haha  ODH. We got only one direction to go when you been bottom for 2 years.  ;D
will this be the year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas