• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooters Magazine

Started by the green moose, May 21, 2018, 09:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the green moose

Anyone have a date on when the magazine will be released, or at least a ballpark guess?

Googlymoogly

May 21, 2018, 09:37:52 pm #1 Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:57:07 pm by Googlymoogly
Quote from: the green moose on May 21, 2018, 09:09:12 pm
Anyone have a date on when the magazine will be released, or at least a ballpark guess?
I am guessing you mean "Hooten's"
Funny how one little letter can change the entire meaning of something.
Oh, and I have been told it will come out around June 15

AT

friscokid

The Hooters on Rodney Parham was my hangout back in the day, but they got busted for serving underage and shut down. It took forever for Hooters to return and it was in NLR.

HG Hornet

I went to the Hooter's in Bossier City with a friend one time and he asked the girls there if he could buy a pair of the orange shorts for his wife.  They said "Yes, what size?"  He left them dumbfounded when he said 3X.  Took em a while to realize that he was just messing with them.  :)

The Hooten's book always comes out in late June-early July. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Anyone want to venture a guess as to how Hootens will pick the top five? (Not your opinion - theirs)

purpleswag

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 21, 2018, 09:37:52 pm
I am guessing you mean "Hooten's"
Funny how one little letter can change the entire meaning of something.
Oh, and I have been told it will come out around June 15

I would rather read his magazine than Hootens. You know...for the articles

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on May 22, 2018, 09:51:26 am
Anyone want to venture a guess as to how Hootens will pick the top five? (Not your opinion - theirs)
By whoever buys the most ads and who is playing in their game?

old.dole

Took a friend of mine to the hooters in atlanta one time before a braves game and he couldn't even order. Ole girl asked him what he wanted and he just looked at her

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on May 22, 2018, 11:07:56 am
Took a friend of mine to the hooters in atlanta one time before a braves game and he couldn't even order. Ole girl asked him what he wanted and he just looked at her
Did she ask him if he preferred legs, thighs, or breasts?...........speaking about the roast chicken, of course.

old.dole

We told her he wanted the wings. So she asked mild or hot and he said medium. Bless his heart

the green moose

HOOTENS*  but thank yall! Haha this thread is great so far!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: old.dole on May 22, 2018, 11:53:41 am
We told her he wanted the wings. So she asked mild or hot and he said medium. Bless his heart

I probably would have said "yes" back in the day.  Ive learned some things since then, I think.

athletic supporter

1. Booneville
2. McGehee
3. Charleston
4. Glen Rose
5. Newport

SR30

Don't look for Hooters, or hootens, to put glen rose in their top teams. Glen rose doesn't buy into them so to speak so they get little to no attention from them.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on May 23, 2018, 06:45:10 pm
Don't look for Hooters, or hootens, to put glen rose in their top teams. Glen rose doesn't buy into them so to speak so they get little to no attention from them.
Spring time state champs. When you're kid is in college you're gone.

SR30

Not sure what the spring time state champ statement means but to each his own. I will be there to support GR after my son is gone, however I have a daughter at Haskell Harmony Grove so most of my attention will turn to her athletics. Bit thanks for the trolling comment. Glad to see you are still stirring the pot.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on May 25, 2018, 09:50:01 am
Not sure what the spring time state champ statement means but to each his own. I will be there to support GR after my son is gone, however I have a daughter at Haskell Harmony Grove so most of my attention will turn to her athletics. Bit thanks for the trolling comment. Glad to see you are still stirring the pot.
Just keeling things moving along. Is your son a Senior this year?

snoopy22

1.  Booneville
2.  McGehee
3.  Newport
4.  Prescott
5.  Glen Rose
6.  Rison

Very solid top six right there.

SR30

Yes he will be a senior

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on May 25, 2018, 06:03:22 pm
Yes he will be a senior
Hope he has a great injury free year. Enjoy it because it will fly by.

Skip Baymore

May 25, 2018, 11:44:12 pm #21 Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:09:11 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: SR30 on May 25, 2018, 09:50:01 am

Actually, I'm not sure why you would say Hooten's doesn't rank GR high in the polls.  Preseason too.  Maybe we have been looking at different polls during the last decade, though I think Ive been looking at Hooten's.  But the negative stuff aside, my daughter played in the state championship golf tournament year before last and was grouped with a girl from HHG who I became very fond of during that day as the "appointed" rules-decider.  I don't remember her name but bet your daughter knows her.  Good golfer and only a sophomore at the time.  Anyway, looking for something to talk about as the aroma of football seems to be drifting closer.

SR30

Hooten does rank GR but never gives much press. The head coach doesn't buy ads from them and a few other things. Coach believes in putting the money into the program and school.

Idk that my daughter would know the golfer. She is only going to be a freshman next year. Graduating one from high school as the other starts. And oldman you are right. Last year seemed to be over before it began. 97 days until malvern comes in for the season opener.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas