• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City Open?

Started by FmrBillieFan, May 18, 2018, 10:55:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FmrBillieFan

I see on the AAEA website that Star City head football coach position is open... What's going on there?

AirWarren

Quote from: FmrBillieFan on May 18, 2018, 10:55:05 am
I see on the AAEA website that Star City head football coach position is open... What's going on there?

What's going on over there you say?

They went from Buck James to Blair brown to mediocrity.

AirWarren

Star city once was a team that was Pulaski academy's Achilles heel. Multiple times, the dogs knocked PA out of the playoffs with sound hard nosed GATA football. That's something that is a rare feat and not many teams can claim that. Then over the last couple of years it's been like this.

FmrBillieFan

Quote from: AirWarren on May 18, 2018, 10:57:20 am
What's going on over there you say?

Wow...That's harsh...

AirWarren

Quote from: FmrBillieFan on May 18, 2018, 11:02:22 am
Wow...That's harsh...

Am I wrong? Star city used to be a team come playoff time people did not want to face.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I thought Furneaux was a good coach, figured they'd be looking for a DC before replacing the head coach.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 18, 2018, 11:03:06 am
Am I wrong? Star city used to be a team come playoff time people did not want to face.
You're wrong but they were a great team every spring.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 18, 2018, 10:57:20 am
What’s going on over there you say?

For the daddy coaches in every town, be careful what you wish for.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: FmrBillieFan on May 18, 2018, 10:55:05 am
Star City is looking for a new head coach. If they don't promote coach Welch they are idiots. His Jr. high record speaks for itself..IMO

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on May 21, 2018, 01:53:50 pm
Star City is looking for a new head coach. If they don't promote coach Welch they are idiots. His Jr. high record speaks for itself..IMO
How long has he been there? Is he a young guy?

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Oldman on May 21, 2018, 01:57:34 pm
How long has he been there? Is he a young guy?
Not sure how long he has been here , He was here when Blair coached and should have been promoted then but instead they hired the home town guy..He is in his late 40's a great coach and the players respond to him well..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on May 21, 2018, 02:25:14 pm
Not sure how long he has been here , He was here when Blair coached and should have been promoted then but instead they hired the home town guy..He is in his late 40's a great coach and the players respond to him well..
Gotcha

Bulldog92

the idiots you are referring to just need to do what's best for the kids and not what makes the people around town happy!!  It never works out well for the kids playing the sport, whichever sport it is, or the school in the long run. I will be willing to bet that the idiots will do their best to put the most qualified person in that position, whomever it might be.

Coach T Wood

Quote from: AirWarren on May 18, 2018, 11:01:27 am
Star city once was a team that was Pulaski academy's Achilles heel. Multiple times, the dogs knocked PA out of the playoffs with sound hard nosed GATA football. That's something that is a rare feat and not many teams can claim that. Then over the last couple of years it's been like this.
As always, correct me if I am wrong. 

PA met Star City 3 times.   All 3 in the playoffs.
PA lost in 2002    21-28
PA won in 2004   17-13
PA won in 2010   56-28

Jimbo Morphis

Hope the cult hires a good one. This board is much more fun when they have a playoff team.

Bulldog92

AirWarren

Quote from: Bulldog92 on May 21, 2018, 05:27:31 pm
LOL, Oldman!!!

Bring back bullseye.
Bring back CP(he is a suit now I hear).
Bring back Cowboy.
Bring back the kid the got cuffed at PA.
8-4a is at its best when those dogs are rowdy.

Make SEARK GATA Again.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 21, 2018, 06:30:15 pm
Bring back bullseye.
Bring back CP(he is a suit now I hear).
Bring back Cowboy.
Bring back the kid the got cuffed at PA.
8-4a is at its best when those dogs are rowdy.

Make SEARK GATA Again.
Thats great.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on May 21, 2018, 02:55:38 pm

PA lost in 2002    21-28
PA won in 2004   17-13
PA won in 2010   56-28

You are absolutely correct, but you left out 1.
Star City also won back in 1999 in overtime, 29-21!

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on May 21, 2018, 02:55:38 pm

PA lost in 2002    21-28
PA won in 2004   17-13
PA won in 2010   56-28

1999 win.
2002 win.
2004 loss.
2010 loss.

2-2 against PA. I would say that's a pretty good record against them in comparison to most schools. Including warren.

Coach T Wood

Quote from: AirWarren on May 22, 2018, 09:16:53 am

1999 win.
2002 win.
2004 loss.
2010 loss.

2-2 against PA. I would say that's a pretty good record against them in comparison to most schools. Including warren.

Thank you.  I figured someone would correct me.   I forgot to go back to 99.  I was just thinking mostly of the Kelley era as head coach.  And actually I was wrong again on that one too.  Kelley became head coach in 2003.  So pre-Kelley  0-2.   Since Kelley 2-0.     I was wrong "multiple" times.     ;D

I will say this of Star City and the many years we played them.  Always tough and always well coached.  The last year we played them........well.....let's just leave it there.

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on May 22, 2018, 10:02:54 am
Thank you.  I figured someone would correct me.   I forgot to go back to 99.  I was just thinking mostly of the Kelley era as head coach.  And actually I was wrong again on that one too.  Kelley became head coach in 2003.  So pre-Kelley  0-2.   Since Kelley 2-0.     I was wrong "multiple" times.     ;D

I will say this of Star City and the many years we played them.  Always tough and always well coached.  The last year we played them........well.....let's just leave it there.

Last time y'all played.

Care to enlighten me on the events? Unsure what you're talking about.

:D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 22, 2018, 10:38:02 am
Last time y'all played.

Care to enlighten me on the events? Unsure what you're talking about.

:D
Star City was really Handcuffed  by the strategy of PA but they put up a great Fight.

Coach T Wood

Quote from: Oldman on May 22, 2018, 11:06:00 am
Star City was really Handcuffed  by the strategy of PA but they put up a great Fight.

What he said.    ;)

AirWarren

Star city was caught red handed when they attempted to stop the jailbreak screen?

Dr. Defense

Excellent

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Bulldog92 on May 21, 2018, 02:32:25 pm
the idiots you are referring to just need to do what's best for the kids and not what makes the people around town happy!!  It never works out well for the kids playing the sport, whichever sport it is, or the school in the long run. I will be willing to bet that the idiots will do their best to put the most qualified person in that position, whomever it might be.
The idiots i am referring to have not done a very good job lately hiring the most qualified personal so i don't see them doing the right thing now..The school is begging for more money because these idiots spent millions on projects that in most peoples opinions were not always the most needed projects. They hired personal that is since gone that either embezzled money or overspent whichever the case may be. i look forward to your comments but it may be a few days before i can get back on here to respond..i can go into more details if you wish...

Bulldog92

Instead of getting on here and running your town and school down because of decisions that people are making. Why don't you use your expertise in these matters and run for school board??  Elections are held every year and when your zones position is open please feel free to run. But it is  alot easier to get on social media and tell everyone how big of idiots they are than sitting at the table and being part of the decision making process!!  By the way 100% of the people you are referring to in your long winded post are not even part of the school or board. All I ask is that you check your facts before you start posting on here for the world to see.

mr.b@sc

May 23, 2018, 11:17:28 am #28 Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:36:38 am by mr.b@sc
Quote from: Bulldog92 on May 23, 2018, 11:15:35 am
Instead of getting on here and running your town and school down because of decisions that people are making. Why don't you use your expertise in these matters and run for school board??  Elections are held every year and when your zones position is open please feel free to run. But it is  alot easier to get on social media and tell everyone how big of idiots they are than sitting at the table and being part of the decision making process!!  By the way 100% of the people you are referring to in your long winded post are not even part of the school or board. All I ask is that you check your facts before you start posting on here for the world to see.
enlighten me what have i posted that is not true
also when did i run my town down. My original post stated that imo coach welch should be promoted or the ones that don't promote him are idiots...

Bulldog92

You  know me and how to contact me if you want to know. Getting on here in front of the entire state is not the place for this conversation.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Bulldog92 on May 23, 2018, 11:32:54 am
You  know me and how to contact me if you want to know. Getting on here in front of the entire state is not the place for this conversation.
I have never hidden behind a key board everyone knows me. some of what i am saying needs to be heard so the ones making the decisions are held accountable instead of sweeping everything under the rug like they have in the past..imo..by the way i bet you coach welch would never lose a game on purpose for a better playoff seed.. if the truth hurts so be it..you started this by engaging me on here..

Jimbo Morphis

I'd like to call you, please post your cell#

AirWarren

May 23, 2018, 12:07:41 pm #32 Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:09:40 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Oldman on May 23, 2018, 11:43:12 am
I'd like to call you, please post your cell#

That escalated quick.

Bulldog92

I'm sorry mr b you are correct!!! 

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Bulldog92 on May 23, 2018, 12:39:15 pm
I'm sorry mr b you are correct!!!
apology accepted..hope they do the right thing and give coach welch a fair chance at getting the job..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 23, 2018, 01:02:35 pm
I’ve met him. Does that count?
The fact that you don't have his cell makes him look even smarter, lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on May 23, 2018, 01:47:01 pm
The fact that you don't have his cell makes him look even smarter, lol.

He was actually protecting me from his own folks.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 23, 2018, 01:51:25 pm
I had to pay Cowboy for protection over there.

Eagle boss

Does anyone know who they are interviewing?  Heard they had some yesterday and some more today. 

Big Fan

Getting on here in front of the entire state is not the place for this conversation.
The world wide web only covers the state of Arkansas??  Who knew?

DeltaBoy

Heard Coach Mcgraw from Mcgehee was a front runner for this job ?!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 24, 2018, 11:46:05 am
Heard Coach Mcgraw from Mcgehee was a front runner for this job ?!
Coach Mcgraw has been in Dumas for a couple of years.

ea cat

Deltaboy must have some good stuff. Don't inhale.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: AirWarren on May 23, 2018, 01:51:25 pm
lol that women would have killed you...

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on May 24, 2018, 01:55:37 pm
lol that women would have killed you...

And I was such a delight to meet lol.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on May 24, 2018, 01:26:41 pm
Deltaboy must have some good stuff. Don’t inhale.
He gets his info from other Jeff Long fans.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Oldman on May 24, 2018, 02:50:59 pm
He gets his info from other Jeff Long fans.

Dadgum carpetbagger

Jimbo Morphis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas