• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Conference games for your team week 1?

Started by Mulerider4Life, March 28, 2018, 08:29:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Non Conferences games for your team this season?

Harmony Grove has Centerpoint Week 1.

AirWarren

Any truth to Warren opening with Batesville Southside in hooten's classic?

bulldoghistorian

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on March 28, 2018, 10:33:10 am
Any truth to Warren opening with Batesville Southside in hooten's classic?

Waiting to hear as well.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on March 28, 2018, 12:14:56 pm
Star City opens at Stuttgart!

First time playing the Bulldogs since the 2011 playoffs. That was a really good game.

samschoice

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 28, 2018, 01:12:58 pm
First time playing the Bulldogs since the 2011 playoffs. That was a really good game.
Yes it was! Remember it well! Y'all had a running back that was really good! We had a hard time containing him the entire night!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on March 29, 2018, 03:55:41 pm
Yes it was! Remember it well! Y'all had a running back that was really good! We had a hard time containing him the entire night!

Yep, that was Keith Humbert. He led the 4A in rushing that year.

Sports Guru

AirWarren

April 05, 2018, 10:45:42 am #9 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:52:46 am by AirWarren
2018 Warren Lumberjacks

Nonconference
Warren vs Batesville Southside. August 25.
Warren at Stuttgart. September 7th.
Warren at Dollarway. September 14th.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on April 05, 2018, 10:45:42 am
2018 Warren Lumberjacks

Nonconference

Weakest non conference schedule since Hembree has been at the helm?!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on April 05, 2018, 10:45:42 am
2018 Warren Lumberjacks

Nonconference

Playing Batesville SS on a Saturday?

Mulerider4Life

I think those Hootens games usually are on a Saturday right?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 05, 2018, 01:01:10 pm
I think those Hootens games usually are on a Saturday right?

No, they're usually during the week.

BigLion10

AirWarren

April 05, 2018, 02:49:26 pm #15 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:59:39 pm by AirWarren
Max preps.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/default.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=5a660aa9-66b8-4309-a754-a2c539352390

"Game Details - Hooten's Kickoff Classic. The Warren varsity football team has a neutral non conference game vs. Southside (Batesville, AR) on Saturday, August 25."

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 05, 2018, 12:40:25 pm
Playing Batesville SS on a Saturday?
Found that strange as well! I wonder if that will be the norm now though do to week 0 being the week before? Just a thought.

AirWarren

Quote from: BigLion10 on April 05, 2018, 02:16:47 pm
Never dude

I think Warren played Bryant in the 2002 hootens game on a Saturday if my memory stands corrected. I THINK.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on April 05, 2018, 05:00:24 pm
I think Warren played Bryant in the 2002 hootens game on a Saturday if my memory stands corrected. I THINK.

Very possible. I think they were 4 or 5A at that time. Now Bryant has become a white flight school for kids from Little Rock, as well as a bigger school for people living in the area and commuting to Little Rock for work. I think this all started because housing was cheaper in Bryant than Benton/People didnt want their kids in Little Rock schools.

AirWarren

April 06, 2018, 08:08:59 am #19 Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:11:12 am by AirWarren
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 06, 2018, 07:43:42 am
Very possible. I think they were 4 or 5A at that time. Now Bryant has become a white flight school for kids from Little Rock, as well as a bigger school for people living in the area and commuting to Little Rock for work. I think this all started because housing was cheaper in Bryant than Benton/People didnt want their kids in Little Rock schools.

Bryant was still a large 5a school at that time. The previous year warren played Springdale and the roster size for both teams were comparable.

Bryant is experiencing some major growing pains right now. Zoning, zones close to baseline road in SWLR. I don't see how another high school won't be in their future honestly.

Mulerider4Life

I am sure their will be. Will turn into a school shopping situation.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

So Stuttgart will play Warren, Star City and DeWitt in non conference but AAA puts HWH in the 8-4A instead of the Ricebirds. Seems crazy to me. Putting Stuttgart in the 8 would have helped it rival the 7 in talent level. Not a knock on HWH, but this let's us know the restructure was lame.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on April 06, 2018, 11:39:54 am
So Stuttgart will play Warren, Star City and DeWitt in non conference but AAA puts HWH in the 8-4A instead of the Ricebirds. Seems crazy to me. Putting Stuttgart in the 8 would have helped it rival the 7 in talent level. Not a knock on HWH, but this let's us know the restructure was lame.

You'll have to to talk to the 8-4A coaches about that. I was told they were the ones lobbying against Stuttgart. Not saying that's 100% accurate, that's just what the word on the street was...

For strictly selfish reasons I'm glad they stayed in the 2-4A, it's much less travel for me. But I had assumed they would be in the 8 as well.

SUGARTOWN

One month from today the season gets kicked off for most teams...

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 24, 2018, 08:35:30 am
One month from today the season gets kicked off for most teams...

Hard to believe! I'm ready!

SUGARTOWN

GuvHog

Nashville is @ Watson Chapel their first game.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: GuvHog on July 24, 2018, 01:03:58 pm
Nashville is @ Watson Chapel their first game.
Yep.
Are y'all playing us in a preseason scrimmage as in years past?

OrangeCrush.

Lumberjackfan1978

bigchief72455

Ghs21

Big Fan

Ghs21

SUGARTOWN

Ghs21

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ghs21 on July 26, 2018, 03:28:26 pm
gosnell plays the 24th like every other team

That is Week 0. Pocahontas is off that week.

Coltfan2005

There seem to be 11 weeks in the season. Let's just call it week 1-11. For some reason there has been an extra week put in that ends up giving some teams an open week. These are spread out in the first 4 weeks of games (there is no such thing as week zero) with week 1 and week 4 having the majority of the open games.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 26, 2018, 07:04:44 pm
There seem to be 11 weeks in the season. Let's just call it week 1-11. For some reason there has been an extra week put in that ends up giving some teams an open week. These are spread out in the first 4 weeks of games (there is no such thing as week zero) with week 1 and week 4 having the majority of the open games.

I guess you NEA guys didn't get the word. The AAA officially has added a week, and yes its called Week 0 because it's a week earlier than the traditional week 1. You have 4 weeks to play your first 3 non conference games.

You can call it weeks 1-11 if you want, but you'd be wrong.

bigchief72455

Coltfan2005

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 26, 2018, 08:00:28 pm
I guess you NEA guys didn't get the word. The AAA officially has added a week, and yes its called Week 0 because it's a week earlier than the traditional week 1. You have 4 weeks to play your first 3 non conference games.

You can call it weeks 1-11 if you want, but you'd be wrong.

and yet every single source, including Fearless Friday, CalPrep, Maxprep, has the FIRST week of games listed as WEEK 1 of the 2018 season. That's probably because it is the first week of the season. You can call it week 0 like the idiots from AAA, but you'd be wrong.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 27, 2018, 08:52:11 am
and yet every single source, including Fearless Friday, CalPrep, Maxprep, has the FIRST week of games listed as WEEK 1 of the 2018 season. That's probably because it is the first week of the season. You can call it week 0 like the idiots from AAA, but you'd be wrong.

I guess sometimes you have lead people by hand...here you go: http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jun/16/football-zero-week-gives-teams-options-/?f=sports

In case you don't want to click on the link: Zero Week Scheduling

• It was the result of Proposal No. 1 during the Arkansas Activities Association's 2016 meeting with the governing body and passed by a 161-3 margin.

• It allows schools to schedule football games a week earlier, which provides the opportunity to schedule three nonconference games over a four-week period. It was meant to give schools more flexibility to schedule games against out-of-state teams.

You'd do best not to trust websites outside the state (CalPreps. MaxPreps) to actually know what's going inside the state.

Gray lizard

Call it what you want I am just glad it starts soon. 
That could be an advantage for some teams taking the off date the week before conference starts. Week 3 or 4 which ever one it is.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 27, 2018, 10:56:50 am
Call it what you want I am just glad it starts soon. 
That could be an advantage for some teams taking the off date the week before conference starts. Week 3 or 4 which ever one it is.

Yes, I'm glad for the week off before conference. That's a great idea.

Gray lizard

Will this lead to some teams picking up an additional game in the future?  Is there a limit of 10 game?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 27, 2018, 11:06:25 am
Will this lead to some teams picking up an additional game in the future?  Is there a limit of 10 game?
Limit of 10

GuvHog

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on July 24, 2018, 02:55:05 pm
The game is actually at WMS

Thanks for the information. I've been trying to find out where the game will be played.

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge has a benefit game week one against Siloam and then goes to Harrison  for Week 2, then to Maumelle for Week 3 and then a home game against Farmington! Tough opening games for an unproven team

ISU7

Colts  at Paragould  Aug 31st
Valley View at Colts  Sept 7th
Colts at Osceola      Sept 14

prHOG13

@ Harrison for Pea Ridge

I have no idea what to expect. Lots of new faces for PR this year on offense, while returning most of their defense. It will be tough trying to get a rhythm going on offense in a hostile 5A environment against a pretty good team in the opener. Good challenge though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas