• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was the Fan Really a Warren Fan? Was the 15 yard penalty Fair? What do you think?

Started by 4thandgoal, December 09, 2017, 08:43:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 11, 2017, 09:23:10 am
Warren had already snapped the ball and Burks was patting it when the refs step in.

On an officials timeout, is it a rule neither teams can change personnel?

Ball was snapped, it was a little high and to Burks' left. He caught snap and immediately turned to see what was going on. Couldn't draw a conclusion as to what he was about to do (spike to kill clock, or run a play). Either way w/o assessing a penalty, with additional time (giving Warren time for 2 plays), Warren would have benefited from the stoppage (free timeout, allowing for a play to be called or kick the FG).

Jack74

A run pass option was called on the last play,he wasn't going to spike the ball.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: MB Hog on December 11, 2017, 08:56:48 am
I think the thing I got most frustrated with was the coaches who were providing TV color commentary about the situation.  They were the ones who said before the play that Warren was in shotgun formation and wouldn't be allowed to spike the ball from that formation.  But once the play was stopped, they seemed to have no problem with giving Warren the chance to set up for a field goal that they wouldn't have been able to do if not for the interruption by the Warren fan.  Did they just forget about what was happening prior to the stoppage?
Agreed!!

LAfootball fan

Why do you say they wouldn't have been able to set up for the field goal.  Warren snapped the ball with between 5 and 6 seconds on the clock.  Burks had time to throw the ball at the receivers feet or the running backs feet to kill the clock and let the field goal team run out to try the field goal.  The clock ran another second after the refs signaled time out and there was still 3 seconds left. 

How do you know Burks wasn't going to try and throw to #7 out wide who had one on one coverage with the middle of the field wide open for a slant pass or a post route?  People keep acting like Warren didn't have any options on that last play, when in fact they did.  They for sure had a better option of scoring from the 7 than they did from the 23 yard line. 

03Badger

Warren had the ball in the red zone with 12 seconds left.  They failed.

They lost on a interception in the end zone.

They lost by 1 point. An extra point that the Badgers blocked.  Arkadelphia WON the game and championship, Warren didn't lose it.

The stadium announcer said before the game that they AD and School was responsible for students actions at the neutral site. Just like all neutral sites.

The clock should have ran out, Warren couldn't stop the clock.

Huge payback for the way Arkadelphia and other opposing teams are treated in Warren.  lol. Sure is a great day! 

STUNNA

Quote from: 03Badger on December 11, 2017, 12:28:41 pm

They lost by 1 point. An extra point that the Badgers blocked.  Arkadelphia WON the game and championship, Warren didn't lose it.

The stadium announcer said before the game that they AD and School was responsible for students actions at the neutral site. Just like all neutral sites.

Huge payback for the way Arkadelphia and other opposing teams are treated in Warren.  lol. Sure is a great day!

Idiot..lol... don't talk down to how warren treats people... only dummies stand at a closed gate when their is an open gate 30 yards away.. lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: 03Badger on December 11, 2017, 12:28:41 pm

The penalty put us on the 24 yd line so we weren't in the red zone with 12secs left.

I not sure how Warren fans treated Arky fans so bad when we have absolutely nothing to do with which and what time a gate opens. We did make joke on here about some not being able to find their way to the open gate but not sure that constitutes any "payback".

MB Hog

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 11, 2017, 12:20:11 pm
Why do you say they wouldn't have been able to set up for the field goal.  Warren snapped the ball with between 5 and 6 seconds on the clock.  Burks had time to throw the ball at the receivers feet or the running backs feet to kill the clock and let the field goal team run out to try the field goal.  The clock ran another second after the refs signaled time out and there was still 3 seconds left. 

How do you know Burks wasn't going to try and throw to #7 out wide who had one on one coverage with the middle of the field wide open for a slant pass or a post route?  People keep acting like Warren didn't have any options on that last play, when in fact they did.  They for sure had a better option of scoring from the 7 than they did from the 23 yard line.
Wish I had recorded it so I could look again, but I thought the snap came at the same time the refs stopped the clock at 3 seconds.  Even if it was 4 or 5 seconds at the snap, it is very unlikely they would have gotten another play.  As noted, he couldn't just spike the ball since he was in the shotgun, and if their intent was to stop the clock by throwing the ball at the ground, they would have done so by spiking the ball at the line... not by throwing at a receiver's feet.  If not for the fan coming on the field, they would have gotten to run that one play, but they would not have gotten to attempt a field goal... certainly unlikely at best.

So, now that it's been confirmed that the fan was a student from Warren, what would have been the greater injustice... Warren getting backed up and given 12 seconds on the clock OR Arkadelphia losing because the fan's interruption gave Warren the opportunity to kick the winning field goal?

This was a very strange and difficult situation, but because the fan did turn out to be from Warren, it's best that Arkadelphia wasn't penalized for what a student from Warren did.

hogfan10

Quote from: MB Hog on December 11, 2017, 12:47:34 pm
Wish I had recorded it so I could look again, but I thought the snap came at the same time the refs stopped the clock at 3 seconds.  Even if it was 4 or 5 seconds at the snap, it is very unlikely they would have gotten another play.  As noted, he couldn't just spike the ball since he was in the shotgun, and if their intent was to stop the clock by throwing the ball at the ground, they would have done so by spiking the ball at the line... not by throwing at a receiver's feet.  If not for the fan coming on the field, they would have gotten to run that one play, but they would not have gotten to attempt a field goal... certainly unlikely at best.

So, now that it's been confirmed that the fan was a student from Warren, what would have been the greater injustice... Warren getting backed up and given 12 seconds on the clock OR Arkadelphia losing because the fan's interruption gave Warren the opportunity to kick the winning field goal?

This was a very strange and difficult situation, but because the fan did turn out to be from Warren, it's best that Arkadelphia wasn't penalized for what a student from Warren did.

Ball hit Burks' hands at 3 sec, snap was a little high and to his left. Supposedly he was going to throw it at the FBs feet on a flare route to his left. He had to secure ball, get shoulders turned, and allow FB to get outside tackle to ground it. It's debatable whether that could have been accomplished. It would have been close, if that was in fact the plan at the time.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 12:34:09 pm
Idiot..lol... don't talk down to how warren treats people... only dummies stand at a closed gate when their is an open gate 30 yards away.. lol

When that's where you're told to go, and they won't take your money at the open gate; what other option do you have. By the way, why have two gates if you're not going to use them.
But, if you want to play games I can do that; only a dummy would run onto the field b/4 the game is over, or only a dummy would stand by and watch it happen.

LAfootball fan

The ball hit Burks hands at the 5 second mark.  I have the game recorded and watched the play in slo mo.  You can clearly see the game clock on the screen.  I agree it would have been close depending on how long it actually took him to throw the ball but the backs were only about 5 yards to his left in the formation so it shouldn't have taken very much time to get the ball at their feet.  The real key would have been how long it took that white hat to signal time out.   I would not want to depend on that guy to do anything. 

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 11, 2017, 12:58:30 pm
When that's where you're told to go, and they won't take your money at the open gate; what other option do you have. By the way, why have two gates if you're not going to use them.
But, if you want to play games I can do that; only a dummy would run onto the field b/4 the game is over, or only a dummy would stand by and watch it happen.
1 16 year old dummy< a line full of adults waiting at a closed gate

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 01:01:43 pm
1 16 year old dummy< a line full of adults waiting at a closed gate

Again two gates, I guess one is just for looks.
Plenty of people stood by long enough for a 16 yo to make his way across the field to Arkadelphia's side. Don't think he sprinted there.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 11, 2017, 01:05:45 pm

Again two gates, I guess one is just for looks.
Plenty of people stood by long enough for a 16 yo to make his way across the field to Arkadelphia's side. Don't think he sprinted there.

So is the gate not being open what made the trip to Warren so horrible for you guys? Lol

bigunit11

Intentional grounding is a 5 yard penalty and loss of down. Since it was second down, he could have spiked it out of the shot gun and still been in field goal range.  It also could have been called illegal forward pass, which has the same penalty.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 01:08:03 pm
So is the gate not being open what made the trip to Warren so horrible for you guys? Lol

I don't know I walked through the main gate. It's all good; we've played Warren twice in the past 4/5 years we're 1-1. We lost in the one b/4 the state championship, and won the one for the championship. Since all gates were open at WM, I assume your trip Saturday was great, right? LOL!

MB Hog

Gotta also say that whoever the defender was who tackled Burks when he tried to scramble for the TD... WOW!  As awesome of a player as Burks proved himself to be, it was amazing to see the defender win the 1:1 battle with him on that play.  The announcers were already yelling "he's got it," referring to Burks getting the TD.  But the Arkadelphia defender made a great tackle and saved the TD... and that led to the whole situation of having no timeouts and having to scramble to get to the line for the next play.  The original play call was for a pass.  Had it been an incomplete pass, Warren would still have had plenty of time for another pass play before trying the field goal.  But getting tackled with no time outs completely destroyed those options.

That said, I can't blame Burks for taking off for the goal line.  It looked like easy pay dirt... especially given how hard he is to bring down.  Heroic effort by the Arkadelphia defender without a doubt.

hogfan10

Quote from: bigunit11 on December 11, 2017, 01:28:12 pm
Intentional grounding is a 5 yard penalty and loss of down. Since it was second down, he could have spiked it out of the shot gun and still been in field goal range.  It also could have been called illegal forward pass, which has the same penalty.

Is there an automatic 10 second runoff (unless you have a TO to call) for an offensive penalty within the final minute? Not sure if that's a rule in high school or not.

fourpeat

Quote from: panther07 on December 09, 2017, 10:23:47 pm
No way... Warren claiming state champs after they lose? Surely they wouldn't do that...
They did after losing in '06!

RZback

Even if Warren was allowed to stop the clock by an illegal spiking of the ball without a yardage penalty the officials would not allow them to benefit from the illegal spike, so they spot the ball and start clock immediately.  3 Seconds is likely not enough to run the kick team out, line up, snap and kick.

Who knows.  One thing is definite, Arkadelphia is state champs.

mharris31696

I don't know why this is still a discussion. Burks clearly fumbled with around a half a minute left and Arkadelphia clearly recovers the ball. Warren then gets time to rest and set up for two plays after the 15 yards and time added on the clock. They threw the int. Warren had their chances, and chances to blow the game wide open after scoring 2 tds in 2 plays in the 3rd quarter.  Game over,  Badgers are State Champs, end of discussion.

bleudog

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on December 11, 2017, 09:34:56 am
I'm not going to blame anyone, especially the officials.  I agree with PA Dad that they were put in an impossible situation with that play.  Not only do they have to come up with if there is a penalty for a situation that doesn't happen very often, if any, plus on statewide television.

I would like to hear a statement from the AAA quoting the rule on what should have happened. 

Just my .02 cents worth.

According to the NFHS rule book (page 187), a nonplayer entering the restricted area (the field) while the ball is live is a penalty.  First offense is a warning, second offense is a 5 yard penalty and third offense is a 15 yard penalty.

That may be what they applied.

I didn't see any sideline warning in the HSU play-by-play list (HSU folks may not log those since field position isn't effected), but there was a 5-yard sideline interference penalty after a punt in the third quarter.  http://fac.hsu.edu/mitchet/livestats/aaa/4a/xplays3.htm

NFHS rule book: 
CLICK HERE

PiratePride03

If that's the case,  the refs got it right.  Bo was flagged twice, the dingleberry at the end was #3.

Wonderdog

Quote from: bleudog on December 11, 2017, 05:11:45 pm
According to the NFHS rule book (page 187), a nonplayer entering the restrictive area (the field) while the ball is live is a penalty.  First offense is a warning, second offense is a 5 yard penalty and third offense is a 15 yard penalty.

That may be what they applied.

NFHS rule book: 
CLICK HERE

this changes everything

bigchief72455

What would stop a kid from wearing the other teams gear and sitting in their stands and doing this exact same thing. Could open up some dumb stuff down the line.

JessieP

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 11, 2017, 06:07:40 pm
What would stop a kid from wearing the other teams gear and sitting in their stands and doing this exact same thing. Could open up some dumb stuff down the line.

Boom! That's a great point. You have a close game, a team is getting ready to score, they are in field goal range, time is running out and they have no time outs. What's to stop a fan from throwing on an opposing teams t-shirt and run on the field? I can see that being a pretty effective tactic at basketball games. Heck, you can even have a few fans toss water bottles or other trash on the field/court. Granted it's far fetched but that call opened a can of worms. I say the behavior of a moronic fan should never hurt/help in determining the outcome of the game. Let the Police deal with the idiot. That kid's actions may have flushed the dreams of every Warren players year round work down the drain. That is grossly unfair.

Nacho

Just said the same thing. If this kid doesn't get punished in some way why wouldn't everyone do this? I get he's a kid but not a toddler...he knew he shouldn't be out there.

Chapter 9 Section 10 article 1 also applies "unfair act" NFHS

Bigbossman

Quote from: JessieP on December 11, 2017, 06:17:19 pm
Boom! That's a great point. You have a close game, a team is getting ready to score, they are in field goal range, time is running out and they have no time outs. What's to stop a fan from throwing on an opposing teams t-shirt and run on the field? I can see that being a prey effective tactic at basketball games. Heck, you can even have a few fans toss water bottles or other trash on the field/court. Granted it's far fetched but that call opened a can of worms. I say the behavior of a moronic fan should never hurt/help in determining the outcome of the game. Let the Police deal with the idiot. That kid's actions may have flushed he dreams of every Warren players year round work down the drain. That is grossly unfair.
shhhhhhh your asking a realistic question. I asked this same question like 5 min. After the kid ran on the field. I don't think there's any doubt this knucklehead was a warrant fan, but copy cats dressed in opposing team colors could very possibly become a real deal. Heck, I may start sitting on opposing teams side, I can be quite annoying and get real creative when it comes to ways of drawing a penalty ☺️

hogfan10

Quote from: JessieP on December 11, 2017, 06:17:19 pm
Boom! That's a great point. You have a close game, a team is getting ready to score, they are in field goal range, time is running out and they have no time outs. What's to stop a fan from throwing on an opposing teams t-shirt and run on the field? I can see that being a prey effective tactic at basketball games. Heck, you can even have a few fans toss water bottles or other trash on the field/court. Granted it's far fetched but that call opened a can of worms. I say the behavior of a moronic fan should never hurt/help in determining the outcome of the game. Let the Police deal with the idiot. That kid's actions may have flushed he dreams of every Warren players year round work down the drain. That is grossly unfair.

Sure, ok, only problem is that IT WAS A WARREN FAN/STUDENT. And, why in your opinion is it ok to punish Arkadelphia. If nothing is called Warren changes their approach and kicks a FG. They would have gotten a free TO while in a desperate situation. If #13 had thrown the ball away instead of trying to run it in, then the fan came on the field (at no fault of Warren's coaches/team), then I'd agree the penalty would have been detrimental to Warren, but that's not how it happened. The penalty and additional time added punished both teams, even though Arkadelphia had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on.Maybe if Hembre didn't spend the entire game on the #'s the penalty wouldn't have been assessed.

JessieP

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 11, 2017, 06:52:11 pm
Sure, ok, only problem is that IT WAS A WARREN FAN/STUDENT. And, why in your opinion is it ok to punish Arkadelphia. If nothing is called Warren changes their approach and kicks a FG. They would have gotten a free TO while in a desperate situation. If #13 had thrown the ball away instead of trying to run it in, then the fan came on the field (at no fault of Warren's coaches/team), then I'd agree the penalty would have been detrimental to Warren, but that's not how it happened. The penalty and additional time added punished both teams, even though Arkadelphia had absolutely nothing to do with what was going on.Maybe if Hembre didn't spend the entire game on the #'s the penalty wouldn't have been assessed.

Wrong Wrong Wrong. You're actually only wrong on every single point. It's not Warren's job to police it's fans, it's players it is, not the fans. NO ONE is saying Arky should have penalized, but why penalize Warren? The only fair thing to do, what many people have suggested, is stop the game. No substitutions allowed, tell both teams to stay right there, no meeting with coaches, tell both coaches that the clock will start once the ball is set. You have 3 seconds, this is it. No time to run on the fg team, when the ref blows his whistle, the clock starts. Nothing changes, the fan has no bearing whatsoever. Instead you have a situation where this game/title will always be known as the fan game. It's grossly unfair to Warren and equally as unfair to Arky. That call by the refs cheapened the victory. Arky worked too hard and had the game won, the 15 yard penalty gave them the win. It should have come down to one rushed play with 3 seconds. It was a lose/lose call.

hogfan10

Quote from: JessieP on December 11, 2017, 07:08:07 pm
Wrong Wrong Wrong. You're actually only wrong on every single point. It's not Warren's job to police it's fans, it's players it is, not the fans. NO ONE is saying Arky should have penalized, but why penalize Warren? The only fair thing to do, what many people have suggested, is stop the game. No substitutions allowed, tell both teams to stay right there, no meeting with coaches, tell both coaches that the clock will start once the ball is set. You have 3 seconds, this is it. No time to run on the fg team, when the ref blows his whistle, the clock starts. Nothing changes, the fan has no bearing whatsoever. Instead you have a situation where this game/title will always be known as the fan game. It's grossly unfair to Warren and equally as unfair to Arky. That call by the refs cheapened the victory. Arky worked too hard and had the game won, the 15 yard penalty gave them the win. It should have come down to one rushed play with 3 seconds. It was a lose/lose call.

Nowhere did I say Warren was responsible to police their fans, but it does take a village, right.
I suppose while the refs have all 22 players corralled they would also make them look the other way or blindfold them.
What's to stop Warren, or Arkadelphia for that matter, from signalling in a play. As the game was winding down Warren was in scramble mode, no play was signaled in, coaches were begging players to line up and kill the clock. The clock stoppage, even with the assessed penalty, was more detrimental to Arkadelphia than Warren. Arkadelphia went from Warren being in total scramble mode, to Warren being in control and able to huddle up and form a plan. They could have taken 2 shots at the endzone (which I guess was the plan), or tried to pick up a quick 10 to 12 yards and kick a FG (provided they got out of bounds). Arkadelphia went from having to defend only the end zone to having to defend the endzone AND defend the possible short pass or run. Nowhere has this been fair to Arkadelphia, from how the announcers covered it on tv, to how it's been talked about on the radio, to the coverage in the ADG. In each case, it's been assumed Warren had the game won if not for stoppage in the game. When in reality there was probably an 85-90% chance, if not greater, that Arkadelphia would have won it anyway if there was no stoppage.

Wonderdog

MB Hog

Quote from: JessieP on December 11, 2017, 07:08:07 pm
Regardless of whether the refs kept them from subbing, huddling, meeting with the coach, etc., Warren would get a chance to settle down and get their heads together instead of rushing to the line without a plan.  Totally different.  Plus - you've had over two days to think through this perfect plan of how you would have handled the situation.  The refs had to figure it out on the spot... and Warren's kicking team came sprinting out to the field as soon as they realized they might be able to take advantage of this situation.

And let me turn the tables on the argument about one team throwing on a shirt for the opposing team to cause a penalty against that team.  If you allow a person to walk out on the field and stop play to give their team a chance to re-group, what's to stop teams from doing that as a strategy in future games?  Every team would have a designated "fan" on the sideline ready to walk out on the field if their team had the ball with no timeouts and the clock running out.  Makes it much easier to call an unexpected running play with 15 seconds to go if you have Joe Bob waiting on the sideline to walk out on the field if you don't make the TD.

Just get real - Warren fumbled and was given the ball back.  Warren (Burks) decided to run the ball with no timeouts left and didn't make it.  Warren already had two sideline warnings.  A Warren fan walked out on the field when Warren was trying to run a play and cost his team a chance to do whatever they were going to do with 3 seconds left.  Warren was given 12 more seconds to try to score, which is the equivalent of two plays.  Warren went for it all instead of a sideline pass to try to get back in field goal range.  Warren threw an interception that ended the game.  Warren was given opportunities and didn't capitalize.  Warren lost the game.  Arkadelphia won the game.  Please stop the ignorant argument that the refs stole this opportunity from Warren.

Hatchet

[move]This Championship will always have a asterisk by it!!!!!!!![/move]

mharris31696

Quote from: Hatchet on December 11, 2017, 08:53:08 pm

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. SMH!!!

hogfan10

Something like this:

2017 4A STATE CAMPIONS - ARKADELPHIA BADGERS*

I can live with that.

Oldbadger

Should have "an" asterisk by it.  And, it will say, "Student from Warren mars the Warren football team's dream of a state championship.  Although the Arkadelphia team played no part in the fiasco, Warren, after receiving a 15 yard penalty as a result of 2 sideline infractions by their coach and the Warren student's
Picodillo, which the rulebook calls for, was actually given additional time on the clock, from 3 seconds left, to 12 seconds, the Badgers put the Lumberjacks out of their misery by intercepting a last gasp pass. It will forever be remembered as the, `we were cheated out of it championship game' by Warrenites. "We aren't sure who cheated, but somebody had too, else we would have won, surely."

Trojanbird

Quote from: MB Hog on December 11, 2017, 07:57:24 pm
Regardless of whether the refs kept them from subbing, huddling, meeting with the coach, etc., Warren would get a chance to settle down and get their heads together instead of rushing to the line without a plan.  Totally different.  Plus - you've had over two days to think through this perfect plan of how you would have handled the situation.  The refs had to figure it out on the spot... and Warren's kicking team came sprinting out to the field as soon as they realized they might be able to take advantage of this situation.

And let me turn the tables on the argument about one team throwing on a shirt for the opposing team to cause a penalty against that team.  If you allow a person to walk out on the field and stop play to give their team a chance to re-group, what's to stop teams from doing that as a strategy in future games?  Every team would have a designated "fan" on the sideline ready to walk out on the field if their team had the ball with no timeouts and the clock running out.  Makes it much easier to call an unexpected running play with 15 seconds to go if you have Joe Bob waiting on the sideline to walk out on the field if you don't make the TD.

Just get real - Warren fumbled and was given the ball back.  Warren (Burks) decided to run the ball with no timeouts left and didn't make it.  Warren already had two sideline warnings.  A Warren fan walked out on the field when Warren was trying to run a play and cost his team a chance to do whatever they were going to do with 3 seconds left.  Warren was given 12 more seconds to try to score, which is the equivalent of two plays.  Warren went for it all instead of a sideline pass to try to get back in field goal range.  Warren threw an interception that ended the game.  Warren was given opportunities and didn't capitalize.  Warren lost the game.  Arkadelphia won the game.  Please stop the ignorant argument that the refs stole this opportunity from Warren.
Well put my friend! +1

Trojanbird

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 11, 2017, 09:26:08 pm
Should have "an" asterisk by it.  And, it will say, "Student from Warren mars the Warren football team's dream of a state championship.  Although the Arkadelphia team played no part in the fiasco, Warren, after receiving a 15 yard penalty as a result of 2 sideline infractions by their coach and the Warren student's
Picodillo, which the rulebook calls for, was actually given additional time on the clock, from 3 seconds left, to 12 seconds, the Badgers put the Lumberjacks out of their misery by intercepting a last gasp pass. It will forever be remembered as the, `we were cheated out of it championship game' by Warrenites. "We aren't sure who cheated, but somebody had too, else we would have won, surely."
Hey Badger fans, I don't think any Jacks poster has said we were cheated. I definitely don't think that. Right after I read the game was over, I believe I was one of the first to congratulate you guys. I've said all along you guys won this game. Sorry if some of our confusion is coming across as butt-hurt.

bigchief72455

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 11, 2017, 11:13:15 pm
Hey Badger fans, I don't think any Jacks poster has said we were cheated. I definitely don't think that. Right after I read the game was over, I believe I was one of the first to congratulate you guys. I've said all along you guys won this game. Sorry if some of our confusion is coming across as butt-hurt.
Right. I don't think that there is a dispute on the validity on the win from my end. I just think AAA needs to sit down and come up with a better way to handle this type of situation in the future. If not, I am pretty certain you will see something like this happen again.

Oldbadger

No Jacks poster has said they were cheated.  I was doing a tongue in cheek comment referring to the channel 16 fox sports broadcast showing a Warren man at a carwash saying they were cheated.  I wasn't serious about that part of my comment.  Most all "known" Jack posters have been great and I, as a Badger fan, appreciate the class exhibited.  There are a few "rogue" posters that stir the pot for some reason.  They are probably not Warren people either, or, if they are, you probably wouldn't claim them. lol 
It's time for this thread to die.

FROM NOW ON, NO MORE POSTS TO THIS THREAD!!!! LOL

Nacho

Y'all remember that "cash me outside" fiasco and how everyone kept putting her on TV and giving her interviews...I won't name names but someone is starting to be like that. Stop with the interviews!

bigchief72455

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 12, 2017, 08:42:56 am
No Jacks poster has said they were cheated.  I was doing a tongue in cheek comment referring to the channel 16 fox sports broadcast showing a Warren man at a carwash saying they were cheated.  I wasn't serious about that part of my comment.  Most all "known" Jack posters have been great and I, as a Badger fan, appreciate the class exhibited.  There are a few "rogue" posters that stir the pot for some reason.  They are probably not Warren people either, or, if they are, you probably wouldn't claim them. lol 
It's time for this thread to die.

FROM NOW ON, NO MORE POSTS TO THIS THREAD!!!! LOL
I just posted one more time. I like Oldbadger and think he needs to be given a hard time. lol

doober3

Quote from: Nacho on December 11, 2017, 06:25:34 pm
Just said the same thing. If this kid doesn't get punished in some way why wouldn't everyone do this? I get he's a kid but not a toddler...he knew he shouldn't be out there.

Chapter 9 Section 10 article 1 also applies "unfair act" NFHS

I looked that up yesterday and thought the same thing.  Basically the officials can do anything they deem fair.  IMHO, they did the best they could in a horrible situation.  Warren could complain about being penalized and Arkadelphia could complain about putting time on the clock. 
"PENALTY: Arts. 1, 2, 5 – Unfair act – (S27) – the referee enforces
any penalty he/she considers equitable, including the award of a
score;"

hogfan10

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 12, 2017, 08:35:28 am
Right. I don't think that there is a dispute on the validity on the win from my end. I just think AAA needs to sit down and come up with a better way to handle this type of situation in the future. If not, I am pretty certain you will see something like this happen again.

Yes everyone (for the most part) appears to recognize the Badgers as the State Champs, but then it's usually followed up with how they THINK Warren was robbed of their chance to win; and by most assertions a certain win. They had a chance, the game didn't end with the penalty. In fact, they were given two chances with the additional time added to the game. If there was any concern about how the incident was handled, the biggest question should be why 9 seconds were added to the clock. Play was stopped at 3 seconds.

I think occurrences like this are rare and remain so. Not many sane people are willing to be arrested for their team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas