• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference Tracker

Started by 4real, January 12, 2018, 12:19:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4real

Big shout out to Almatrackster for the effort to keep up with numerous conference game results and up to date standings!  That is not easy to do.

Question:

Have the higher ups at Fearless Friday made any attempts to coordinate with the AAA to have some sort of a Conference and post season results/standings page?  I realize the AAA has partnered with maxpreps on schedules and game results.  I haven't had any luck finding a conference standings page on maxpreps, however.  Someone correct me and give an old man a digital road map if you know of one.

I realize that on these forums, we are relying on each other to help get information out there.  Sometimes, that information is skewed, most of the time, the results are accurate.  But, if we have a page on this website, that we could somehow be the "official" website to find the up to date standings for every conference, district, region, and state tournaments, that would not only benefit us posters, but, it would generate more traffic on the website, thus, bringing FF more in ad$$$, and make it easy for coaches, parents, and fans to know whats going on.  Make it a page that is separate from the forums, like the friday FB final scores page.

I also realize this is a long shot.  But considering the drop off in recent years in the Boards not related to football, it would be nice.  Mods, got any advice?

4real

Speaking of diminishing traffic and banter on the BB boards here...

I can't even get a single Charleston fan to give any info on the 3A board.  I've offered gift cards to Kats and Steffeys, and no dice.  Is Sula Mae's in Branch still open, I'll get one of their gift cards too if it will give us our Tiger friends a reason to get back on this site!

HorseFeathers

I used to do it for 1a-3a but got tired of the whining and complaining about incorrect stats, but nobody willing to help or even offer the correct information after telling me I had the record wrong

4real

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2018, 11:37:27 am
I used to do it for 1a-3a but got tired of the whining and complaining about incorrect stats, but nobody willing to help or even offer the correct information after telling me I had the record wrong
I'll bet.

Moonshiner

This would be a great idea. 

4real

Part of my point is it's cool for us that get on here.
Part of it has to do with the partnership idea...

AT

Thanks for the nod, 4real.

It's tough to do, as HF used to do ALL conferences 1A-3A. Below 7A, scores aren't reported consistently or accurately. It is very tough to find a score sometimes. I just do some conferences in 3A-2A that I'm interested in and know that I can get info from and the 7A because it is the highest level of basketball and we need info on it IMO.

HorseFeathers

That and the conferences don't matter this cycle(IMO anyway)....

AT

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2018, 05:38:17 pm

They don't in any real sense towards the postseason other than seeding in the conference tournament (which is important I guess), but some coaches like to play for the conference title anyways just to keep their players motivated against non-identical classification teams.

HorseFeathers

If someone wants to do invidual conferences standings I could merge them into a single thread on 1a-4a

AT

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2018, 05:43:40 pm
If someone wants to do invidual conferences standings I could merge them into a single thread on 1a-4a

Well I've been doing them for the 4A/3A-5 and 2A/1A-6

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 16, 2018, 05:45:29 pm
Well I've been doing them for the 4A/3A-5 and 2A/1A-6

I can snag the standings out of those...I didn't even know that Hector was in that district either lol

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2018, 05:38:17 pm

To be honest, that is precisely why I did not do the 5/6A year. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 16, 2018, 06:53:02 pm
To be honest, that is precisely why I did not do the 5/6A year. 

It's hard for me to keep them straight...We're in year two, but I didn't realize that Hector is in a conference with teams from the other half of the region, but we play district tournament with teams we don't see all year ::) Makes ZERO sense on anybody's part....(coach, AD's, AAA etc)

LRRandy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2018, 06:42:19 pm
It's hard for me to keep them straight...We're in year two, but I didn't realize that Hector is in a conference with teams from the other half of the region, but we play district tournament with teams we don't see all year ::) Makes ZERO sense on anybody's part....(coach, AD's, AAA etc)
I totally agree with this.  The bizarro world that was created with this mixed alignment makes very little sense. I'm looking forward to the tournaments (district, region, state) cranking up. 4a east should be a fun regional.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas