• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville Lighthouse Forfeits

Started by HorseFeathers, November 26, 2017, 06:06:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

November 26, 2017, 06:06:22 pm Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:33:57 am by HorseFeathers
Click Me

Jacksonville LH forfeits first 4 wins due to an inelgible move in.

BigLion10

Bildo

HorseFeathers

Bildo

Oh... sorry. All I could see on the mobile app was "Click me". Thanks

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bildo on November 26, 2017, 06:53:59 pm
Oh... sorry. All I could see on the mobile app was "Click me". Thanks

Ah....I never use the app so I forget about it not letting you use hyperlinks....here's the link

http://arkansasleader.blogspot.com/2017/11/sports-storylighthouse-wolves-forfeit.html?m=1.

MomaLion

PapaHog

Because some people value winning a lot more than doing the right thing. Sports continues to bring out that side of people. Society is to blame. My opinion.

old.dole

I agree with papa hog on this. It's a shame but it's always going to happen

MomaLion

And that's precisely what's wrong with so many athletes today. They are taught early that rules don't apply to them... by the very people that should be molding therm into responsible adults.

old.dole

Bildo

You can't put this on the athletes, they're kids. The adults are the ones making the decisions on where they attend so I can't agree with"that is precisely what's wrong with so many athletes today".

old.dole

More times than not it's a legit statement

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on November 27, 2017, 01:04:12 pm
You can't put this on the athletes, they're kids. The adults are the ones making the decisions on where they attend so I can't agree with"that is precisely what's wrong with so many athletes today".
Oh bull. These "kids" are plenty old enough to know right from wrong. And if you brush up on your reading comprehension,  you'd see that my statement was inferring blame on the adults responsible for molding them into responsible adults... instead these adults are teaching them that if you're good enough,  the rules don't apply to you.

Bildo

My reading no comprehension is just fine. I stand by what I said... you can't blame the kids

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on November 27, 2017, 07:40:05 pm
My reading no comprehension is just fine. I stand by what I said... you can't blame the kids
Obviously you are still confused because I never blamed the kids. However by this age,  they are very aware of the rules.

thebigman3

Quote from: MomaLion on November 27, 2017, 03:57:01 pm
Oh bull. These "kids" are plenty old enough to know right from wrong. And if you brush up on your reading comprehension,  you'd see that my statement was inferring blame on the adults responsible for molding them into responsible adults... instead these adults are teaching them that if you're good enough,  the rules don't apply to you.
I don't know if that is what they are meaning to teach them, but if I were a kid I would want to play too. However, we don't know the full story, the kid may not have known.. something, I don't know either. I just know if you give a kid a chance to sit out or play 10/10 are going to choose to play regardless.

MomaLion

And when the adults deliberately break the rules, it teaches the kids that rules don't apply to them.

OB11

Is Lighthouse still going to play in the Hurricane Classic at Jonesboro this weekend? They play Jonesboro in the first round.

thebigman3

Quote from: OB11 on November 29, 2017, 08:32:18 am
Is Lighthouse still going to play in the Hurricane Classic at Jonesboro this weekend? They play Jonesboro in the first round.
L

BirdCall

Ctucker

If he drops 25 they only lose by 40!

BirdCall

Davis shouldn't be worried about losses anymore they loss two more players. He should just work on getting better and challenging himself.

thebigman3

Quote from: BirdCall on November 29, 2017, 11:16:56 pm
Davis shouldn't be worried about losses anymore they loss two more players. He should just work on getting better and challenging himself.
+1

thebigman3

Quote from: BirdCall on November 29, 2017, 02:14:34 pm
I bet Davis from Lighthouse drop 25+ no matter if they lose or not.
If he does that against a team like Jonesboro that is a statement. I watched Jonesboro play over the summer and they are still very tough.

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

Lighthouse down 41 to Blytheville right now

BigLion10

BirdCall

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 01, 2017, 05:08:26 pm
Final 71-27
Did Davis quit after the JB lost lol or is Blytheville just that good?

NEark tigers

BigLion10

I'm not sure NE Ark just clicked on the link for the live feed and Blytheville was taking them to the woodshed lol

Donnie Jamon

Watched JL play. Not anywhere close to last year's team.  I know without Doakes but dang

birddawg1986

December 02, 2017, 01:08:43 pm #32 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:53:13 pm by birddawg1986
Looks like JL will lose the 7th place game to Westside by 24 to finish the classic 0-3 and 3-10 on the year. This team has a long way to go to be competitive in 2A come tourney time

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas