• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday- Conway at Bville West

Started by Razorback Red, November 12, 2017, 09:16:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trevster10

Quote from: The Future on November 16, 2017, 10:00:57 pm
So now it's a definite the Central will have at least one team in the finals with Conway, NLR, and Northside all on one side of the bracket.
After tomorrow we could possibly have 3 central teams and one west team left

Could have 4 Central teams and 0 West teams left ;)

businesstron

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2017, 09:58:16 pm
Is the dominance of NWA coming to an end?  Conway beat Bentonville and BW.

Bryant and NLR lurk.  We'll see.

I don't think it's coming to an end, but it is evening out.   I think it starts on the line.  Atleast with the top teams I think NLR, Bryant, and Conway are better along the offensive and defensive lines than Bentonville, Bentonville West, and Fayetteville are.  In the years past that was always the opposite. 

PA Dad

Quote from: businesstron on November 16, 2017, 10:08:25 pm
I don't think it's coming to an end, but it is evening out.   I think it starts on the line.  Atleast with the top teams I think NLR, Bryant, and Conway are better along the offensive and defensive lines than Bentonville, Bentonville West, and Fayetteville are.  In the years past that was always the opposite.

I didn't mean to crow.  The Central fans are just tired of the NWA dominance.  We hope it ends this year.

Razorback Red

Just got home from the game.  Congrats Conway on a great win!

Classic case of power vs finesse and power won.  I placed my bet on finesse and was wrong on this one. 

West had chances, but the Conway D made it difficult on Jarrett to have time to find open receivers.  On the other side of the ball, the Conway RB had to have close to 300 yards.  I was right on what both teams would try to do, Conway just did it better tonight.  The Conway D gave up a lot of yards, but kept Jackson in check and never let him get free for big plays. 

I'm not a Coach and hate 2nd guessing them, but I thought both HC's made some questionable calls on going for 2. 

Conway might be the first team to win 2 games in one season at Tiger Stadium, which is tough to do.  Congrats again to them and congrats to West on a great 2nd season. 

businesstron

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2017, 10:10:47 pm
I didn't mean to crow.  The Central fans are just tired of the NWA dominance.  We hope it ends this year.

I didn't take it as crowing.  I'm happy it's evening out and I hope it continues to go that way.  I arrived here right when Little Rock Central won it's back to back championships.  It's LOOOOONG overdue.  Both conferences playing at a high level from my perspective makes the playoffs fun and entertaining.

PA Dad

Quote from: businesstron on November 16, 2017, 10:20:24 pm
I didn't take it as crowing.  I'm happy it's evening out and I hope it continues to go that way.  I arrived here right when Little Rock Central won it's back to back championships.  It's LOOOOONG overdue.  Both conferences playing at a high level from my perspective makes the playoffs fun and entertaining.

I agree.  Dominance is boring.  I'd say that even if Central was dominating.

The Future

Dominance is boring.

Says the guy who's team is about to win a 4peat
;D ;)

Razorback Red

Agreed, 7A ball is more fun when there are more than 2 teams that have a shot and for several years that's all it was. 

sportsguy80

What a game. West came out swinging but Conway didn't fold. George was as good as advertised. Congrats on a great season West.

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 16, 2017, 10:25:41 pm
Dominance is boring.

;D ;)

If you've read my posts, I've consistently said that PA's dominance is boring.  It's just no fun watching mercy rule games.  I'd much rather watch games that are decided in the last two minutes.

trevster10

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2017, 10:27:02 pm
Agreed, 7A ball is more fun when there are more than 2 teams that have a shot and for several years that's all it was.

To be fair, both of these two teams are still in the playoffs... We can't count them out just yet.

PA Dad

Quote from: trevster10 on November 16, 2017, 10:33:59 pm
To be fair, both of these two teams are still in the playoffs... We can't count them out just yet.

Agreed.  I don't count either of them out.  I won't be surprised if Bryant beats Fayetteville.  I will be very surprised if Cabot beats Bentonville.

Razorback Red

Quote from: trevster10 on November 16, 2017, 10:33:59 pm

Yes they are, but there are 3 other teams left besides the two of them capable of winning it all.  There have been seasons when those two schools were miles ahead of the field.  Not the case this year, which is good for the state IMO.

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 16, 2017, 10:25:41 pm
Dominance is boring.

;D ;)

By the way, I'm a NLR alum so they're my team too.

francocat

Way to step up there TJ! None of these games are easy (nor should they be) & if NLR tends to business, the Conway-NLR rematch will be a war. On paper, Conway will be a big underdog, but no matter what, NLR will know the Cats are serious.

Baitshop

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2017, 10:16:18 pm

Conway might be the first team to win 2 games in one season at Tiger Stadium, which is tough to do.  Congrats again to them and congrats to West on a great 2nd season. 

Actually, Southside knocked Bennie out of the #1 spot twice in 2009. The Rebels won the first game in Week 6 (31-21) and then knocked off the Tigers, who had regained their #1 ranking, in the 2nd round of the playoffs after a bye week for Bennie (27-24).

We remember it this way.....

The Future

trevster10

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2017, 09:28:27 pm
Actually, Southside knocked Bennie out of the #1 spot twice in 2009. The Rebels won the first game in Week 6 (31-21) and then knocked off the Tigers, who had regained their #1 ranking, in the 2nd round of the playoffs after a bye week for Bennie (27-24).

We remember it this way.....

Boy does this picture bring back some memories ;)

Razorback Red

Now I remember, Bait.  I knew you would help me out.

BTW, was that the last time SS won a big game?  Just joking, got to jab back a little. 

Baitshop

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 17, 2017, 10:09:57 pm
Now I remember, Bait.  I knew you would help me out.

BTW, was that the last time SS won a big game?  Just joking, got to jab back a little. 

I think that that depends on how you define big..?? Lately, all/any wins are big to us.

;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas