• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cove @Hazen

Started by hornetfan8, November 10, 2017, 10:32:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Cove
25 (48.1%)
Hazen
27 (51.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: November 17, 2017, 10:32:40 pm

hornetfan8

Let's go guys. 2nd round

Tonka Toy Roy

Hazen by at least two touchdowns

who-knew

I'm taking the Hornets in this one 28-8.

Bearden_Bear72

I'm thinking this will be a great game and that ppl are sleeping on MC a lil.  Hazen is a great team but I'm calling for a upset.

MC 35
Hazen 34

jsw6f0

I'm pulling for MC to make it to the semis so it will be played at Mt Ida.

jsw6f0

I'm pulling for MC to make it to the semis so it will be played at Mt Ida.

Old Scrapper

Looking for Hazen to come out a little stronger next week, last game was a little sloppy with the 3 turnovers and penalties. Hazen by 20

MagicMike

Having played both teams this is my observation,

Hazen is a much better, more athletic team.  MC will have trouble dealing with the speed of 21 and 22.

However, stylistically this game favors MC. Neither team has much passing game to speak of. Both teams are grind it out ground and pound. MC will have a significantly bigger, stronger, and better OL/DL.

Ill take MC in a slight upset 28-22

Old Scrapper

Both teams like to ground and pound. I like those kind of games!

jdollar

I'll take the Home team is this one by 21. Defense will hold Cove to lowest output of the year.

panther_forever

If hazen is a ground game offense they wont score 21 points

Old Scrapper

Hazen will get their points, Cove may not get any tho!

hornetfan8

Quote from: panther_forever on November 12, 2017, 09:29:30 pm
If hazen is a ground game offense they wont score 21 points
Hazen will hit you in the mouth and score fast. Hazen but 20

panther_forever

Rida4Life

I've seen both this year.  Cove has the better offense.  Hazen the better defense.  Cove should control the line of scrimmage but Hazen has better speed.  Honestly I think this one's a toss up.  I could make a case for why either team should win.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 13, 2017, 09:23:13 am
I've seen both this year.  Cove has the better offense.  Hazen the better defense.  Cove should control the line of scrimmage but Hazen has better speed.  Honestly I think this one's a toss up.  I could make a case for why either team should win.
+1 I can agree with that.

Eaglefan70

Cove has been looked over quite a bit this year and have a solid team.  I gotta go with the 5 in this one.  Cove gets the W with a solid run attack and good run defense.  Cove by 7

littleman

If Cove has the edge up front they better have some horses up there, cause ive seen Hazen in person and they have a big o line for a 2a school, their backs are really good, really good, you wont arm tackle em, I they get the corner just get ready to receive the kick. I haven't seen MC play, but I'm sure they are pretty big and physical on the line, I'm gonna go with the Hornets at home by 6, that's almost a toss up. Good luck to both teams though, Ive got a buddy that lives in MC and runs the Farm Bureau office in Hot Spring County, so that's why I'm saying by 6.

Ventman

To much speed for MC, Hornets by two TD's. Like someone said if their backs make the edge it's over.

big E

FBlife

First off Magnet has faced way more speed this year than Hazen has on there whole team. Including Darrius Clarkson, K'Von Mcpherson, Tyler woods, and Mason Brazeal from England. Also Conway Christians WR's, and Hectors QB. So keep talking about the speed is gonna beat MC, because it's not, and if yall keep thinking that, there is gonna be an upset Friday Night.

Rida4Life

Hazen has a good sized OL.... but not as big as MC.  Their OL and DL are HUGE.  If Cove has a weakness it's on the back end of their defense but what I saw of Hazen makes me think they will not be able to expose that weakness.
I see this game as a battle of wills at the line of scrimmage.  The team that can make the subtle adjustments to get their offense going will win.

littleman

I promise you Hazens  skill kids are just as fast as Englands

FBlife

Quote from: littleman on November 14, 2017, 10:22:02 am
Well speed doesn't matter to MC because they beat England and other multiple teams with speed. Just saying.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: littleman on November 14, 2017, 10:22:02 am

Hazen has significantly more speed than England.  PC had way to much speed for MC to contain, wasn't the case with Hazen. 

Old Scrapper

Quote from: southarkdaddy on November 14, 2017, 10:41:31 am
Hazen has significantly more speed than England.  PC had way to much speed for MC to contain, wasn't the case with Hazen.
Hazen is fast to the ball on defense, MC will not pile up the yards on the ground.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 14, 2017, 11:21:24 am
Hazen is fast to the ball on defense, MC will not pile up the yards on the ground.

I do think you're underestimating how big and strong mc will be up front and using power backs. 

purplehajj

We came out flat against pc we should of won by a lot more l! Even a couple of our players said they were over looking pc because they were a 5 seed that will not be the case this week! If so you will see an upset on hornet field

cav2012

I see ya Friday hajj. Htwn by fitty, or 5. I'll take either

Old Scrapper

Quote from: southarkdaddy on November 14, 2017, 11:41:22 am
I do think you're underestimating how big and strong mc will be up front and using power backs.
You are bringing nothing to field we haven't seen already.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 14, 2017, 01:00:06 pm
You are bringing nothing to field we haven't seen already.

I guess they have no idea who Devin Taylor is.  :o

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2017, 01:03:09 pm
I guess they have no idea who Devin Taylor is.  :o
Or Barton, Barton didn't turn out so good for Hazen, that game and the McCrory game made our little 10th graders grow up and start contributing on both sides of the ball.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 14, 2017, 01:07:03 pm
Or Barton, Barton didn't turn out so good for Hazen, that game and the McCrory game made our little 10th graders grow up and start contributing on both sides of the ball.
I think Barton smacked me in the mouth enough for them to realize they had to contribute

Old Scrapper

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 14, 2017, 01:12:30 pm
I think Barton smacked me in the mouth enough for them to realize they had to contribute
I think it would have been a different out come or at least closer than 16 point loss if one of the running backs hadn't been suspended from the prior week.
He is a stud on both sides of the ball and that hurt against Barton. 

hornetfan8

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 14, 2017, 01:21:03 pm
I think it would have been a different out come or at least closer than 16 point loss if one of the running backs hadn't been suspended from the prior week.
He is a stud on both sides of the ball and that hurt against Barton.
I agree. However, I would rather him be suspended then over any other point in the season.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 14, 2017, 01:24:32 pm
I agree. However, I would rather him be suspended then over any other point in the season.
me too! Seems liked he learned from it.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 14, 2017, 01:30:01 pm
me too! Seems liked he learned from it.
I think so. He seems to be running harder since then than he did against Piggot.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 14, 2017, 01:32:33 pm
I think so. He seems to be running harder since then than he did against Piggot.
Yea well unfortunately these players get on here and read all this junk us experts write, all they were reading was Hazen at best could be 3rd more likely 4th in the conference, and they started out playing like a young 3rd or 4th place team until Barton. Barton woke them up and McCrory made them grow up. And it's been Game on since.

green-eagle

regardless on how it pains me to say this.... SCRAPPER-HORNETS win this one....

Hazen looks better this year than a few years ago when the played at WMS.......FOCUS!......so keep it up!

CaptainSwarm25

November 14, 2017, 04:08:02 pm #39 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:12:53 pm by CaptainSwarm25
This team does not look better than the team that made it to WMS😂 They're more of a salty young team with potential than a proven team full of seniors/juniors. I'm gonna take the Hornets by 12. If our ground game gets going you wave the white flag cuz you ain't stopping us. My advice is make us pass. If you can't do that stay at home.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: green-eagle on November 14, 2017, 04:04:57 pm
regardless on how it pains me to say this.... SCRAPPER-HORNETS win this one....

Hazen looks better this year than a few years ago when the played at WMS.......FOCUS!......so keep it up!
I wouldn't say that.

panther_forever

who-knew

Quote from: panther_forever on November 14, 2017, 10:10:28 pm
Mc by 30

I need to get some of whatever you are smoking!!!! COME ON MAN!!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: who-knew on November 14, 2017, 10:42:55 pm
I need to get some of whatever you are smoking!!!! COME ON MAN!!

He's from magnet cove. You have your options.

Hogjr

If you're comparing MC to their PC game then y'all are all gonna be in for an upset. Our star RB didn't play that game. Our other major RB was out for the CC game. Do not underestimate the speed for MC nor should MC underestimate Hazen. Friday night will be a battle of the wills and who can keep penalties to a minimum. With the style both teams bring, there will be penalties. It should be a bery good matchup.

hornetfan8

Hazen and Cove have 1 common opponent on the season. PC. Hazen beat PC. Cove lost to them. I think Hazen wins this one.

Old Scrapper

Yea but that was early in the year, I think Hazen wins but they could be just as improved as us so we going have keep the hammer down!

hornetfan8

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 15, 2017, 03:17:03 pm
Yea but that was early in the year, I think Hazen wins but they could be just as improved as us so we going have keep the hammer down!
Definitely not saying Hazen should look past for a second. Cove could very well upset Hazen.

FBlife

brown2010

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas