• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Hurricane Classic bracket

Started by ricepig, November 06, 2017, 11:53:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdCall

Too bad Doakes is ineligible this year it would have been nice to see him up against Jonesboro. Davis and the rest of the Lighthouse should make it an exciting game still.

BigLion10

I doubt it Jonesboro will make quick work of Lighthouse

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on November 07, 2017, 10:02:42 am
Too bad Doakes is ineligible this year it would have been nice to see him up against Jonesboro. Davis and the rest of the Lighthouse should make it an exciting game still.
you have lost your mind Jonesboro will blow lighthouse out!

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on November 07, 2017, 05:22:09 pm
you have lost your mind Jonesboro will blow lighthouse out!
If they had Doakes that wouldn't happen at all and Jonesboro ain't the same team they were last year just saying. Jonesboro will still win but just don't count lighthouse out like that.

BirdCall

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 07, 2017, 10:26:15 am
I doubt it Jonesboro will make quick work of Lighthouse
They not the best team in the state this year so if Lighthouse had Doakes to help Davis and the other seniors on Lighthouse it would be a good close game. I still wouldn't count lighthouse out like I said they ain't the same team they were last year.

BirdCall

Please name me some more impact players off of Jonesboro other than Tony Hutson and Desi Sills. I'm sure they have some more good players I just haven't heard about them.

BigLion10

Please take those homer glasses off Birdcall Lighthouse won't win 2A this year let alone stay on the floor with Jonesboro. The hurricanes could probably play their JV and win by 15

BirdCall

They JV would definitely beat Clarendon but Davis from Lighthouse would get 40+ on them with the win so stop talking crazy please.

BigLion10

That's nice since I'm not Clarendon. I'm not the one on here talking crazy like I'm on that good stuff saying we would beat Jonesboro when you can't even win 2A with or without Doakes it wouldn't be close

BigLion10

Heck Jonesboro girls would give y'all a great game

BirdCall

Jonesboro girls have to win something first before you can say that. They have all the talent this year and skill to win state this year and I have no clue who is close to them in the 6A.

BigLion10

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: BirdCall on November 07, 2017, 10:21:47 pm
Jonesboro girls have to win something first before you can say that. They have all the talent this year and skill to win state this year and I have no clue who is close to them in the 6A.

Marion?

BirdCall

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 08, 2017, 08:39:34 am
Marion?
Unless Marion has somebody to fill in the big role of the post they had I don't see them competing with Jonesboro.

BirdCall

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 07, 2017, 10:27:59 pm
They won state two years ago
2 years ago it was a totally different team than it was now and they are better just saying. Elauna  Eaton is no matter class top 5 player in the state this year. Destiny Salary is right there with her as one of the top players in the state no matter the class. Mississippi State has already offered both of them only going into there sophomore years so the High Major schools will continue to come watch the duo do damage.

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on November 07, 2017, 09:48:58 pm
If they had Doakes that wouldn't happen at all and Jonesboro ain't the same team they were last year just saying. Jonesboro will still win but just don't count lighthouse out like that.
I think this will be last time I respond to you because you either play for lighthouse. Or you have lost your mind!

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on November 08, 2017, 12:50:22 pm
I think this will be last time I respond to you because you either play for lighthouse. Or you have lost your mind!
So you think JB is the best team in the state this year? I'm just asking who else do they have that is going to be an immediate impact besides Hutson and Sills? They lost Harvey, Eaton, Adams and the 6'7 kid so what help does Hutson and Sills have just asking because i don't know

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: BirdCall on November 08, 2017, 12:11:01 pm
Unless Marion has somebody to fill in the big role of the post they had I don't see them competing with Jonesboro.

They do. Plenty of size returning and coming up

BirdCall

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 09, 2017, 09:29:20 am
They do. Plenty of size returning and coming up
I saw Marion play last year they had 1 good post and 1 good guard that I think were both seniors.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: BirdCall on November 09, 2017, 11:04:18 am
I saw Marion play last year they had 1 good post and 1 good guard that I think were both seniors.

You think those were the only players they had on a state championship team?

MDXPHD

How is this tournament put together? You have Lighthouse, Batesville Southside, Jonesboro Westside...it seems completely random.

ricepig

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2017, 01:53:27 pm
How is this tournament put together? You have Lighthouse, Batesville Southside, Jonesboro Westside...it seems completely random.

They usually like to have another area team in it that brings some fans, this year it's Westside, in previous years we've had VV, GCT, and Westside. There's usually a couple of good teams, NLR, Springfield Kckapoo last year, etc. I have no idea on Southside, do they have any talent this year? It's usually whoever will come and try to break our 50+ home court winning streak.

MDXPHD

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:44:47 pm
They usually like to have another area team in it that brings some fans, this year it's Westside, in previous years we've had VV, GCT, and Westside. There's usually a couple of good teams, NLR, Springfield Kckapoo last year, etc. I have no idea on Southside, do they have any talent this year? It's usually whoever will come and try to break our 50+ home court winning streak.

Southside started all sophs last year and lost two games or something like that. They have some talent this year and added a big post player, from what I've heard. But it's still not enough to compete with a team like JHS. I think they compete for state in 4A though.

Head Lion

I think Coach Swift invited Manila, but we wisely declined.

ricepig

Quote from: Head Lion on November 13, 2017, 03:03:28 pm
I think Coach Swift invited Manila, but we wisely declined.

Jonesboro graduated a lot of talent last year, I'm sure they'll be good, but a lot of new pieces to work in.

Head Lion

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 10:18:19 am
Jonesboro graduated a lot of talent last year, I'm sure they'll be good, but a lot of new pieces to work in.
Coach Swift has built a juggernaut.

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on November 14, 2017, 08:58:41 pm
Coach Swift has built a juggernaut.

He runs a very good program. And does his due diligence with the jr highs as well.

ricepig

Looks like another undefeated season again, lost the benefit game to NLR tonight 57-55......Now time for the real season!

BirdCall

Jonesboro lost today against a NLR team that was missing two starting seniors in Collin Moore and Shawn Fudge who both have D1 offers and interest. So what happened was anybody at the game?

ricepig

Quote from: BirdCall on November 21, 2017, 09:58:22 pm
Jonesboro lost today against a NLR team that was missing two starting seniors in Collin Moore and Shawn Fudge who both have D1 offers and interest. So what happened was anybody at the game?

No different than when they beat us last year in the benefit game and then we ran off 32 straight......

DogCatcher

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 09:50:26 am
Southside started all sophs last year and lost two games or something like that. They have some talent this year and added a big post player, from what I've heard. But it's still not enough to compete with a team like JHS. I think they compete for state in 4A though.
Watched Southside play last week.  They have a near 7 footer from Russia and another at 6'6" or so that hit NBA 3's with ease. Guards are quick and can all shoot. The big kid is thick, can shoot well and a good player and not just a body. I'd be shocked if they don't win 4a title. What I did notice was that they seemed to get tired and it was a blow out win for them.

ricepig

For those out of town.

For an easy to remember link, use: https://t.co/RV1wMSN6wC! The action for the JHS starts at 7pm tonight! If you are in town come out and support The Golden Hurricane...Open the Roof! #CaneBB @HurricaneAD @jboro_supts https://t.co/JhK82sUK3A

ricepig

PB beat Blytheville 59-56, I think was the final score, NLR was up on Jonesboro Westside by 6 with 2:00 to go, but I never heard the final score.

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2017, 07:01:30 pm
PB beat Blytheville 59-56, I think was the final score, NLR was up on Jonesboro Westside by 6 with 2:00 to go, but I never heard the final score.
Did you see how PB looked? Haven't seen them play yet 🙄

zebrafan

Nevermind I think you'll get that chance when we play y'all lol

ricepig

Quote from: zebrafan on November 30, 2017, 07:40:28 pm
Nevermind I think you'll get that chance when we play y'all lol

They are live streaming all the games, so you can watch for yourself, haha. It's in the link I posted a few posts up. I actually didn't watch much of it, what I've seen of everybody so far looked pretty rugged.

ricepig

November 30, 2017, 08:38:14 pm #37 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:51:41 pm by ricepig
Jonesboro 79
Jax LH 52

ricepig

zebrafan

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2017, 07:51:38 pm
They are live streaming all the games, so you can watch for yourself, haha. It's in the link I posted a few posts up. I actually didn't watch much of it, what I've seen of everybody so far looked pretty rugged.
Awesome! From what I'm seeing from twitter Jboro is looking very tough this year!

ricepig

All games on Saturday have been moved up 1 1/2 to accommodate those going to the ASU football game. Looks like the first game will start at 12:00, with the finals at 4:30.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:44:47 pm
Southside is returning all 5 starters from a 30-3 team last year who was upset in Regionals by EStem. Southerners are a favorite to win the 4A this season.

godeep

ricepig

Quote from: godeep on December 01, 2017, 06:59:52 pm
Is there sound?

There was yesterday, lol. There wasn't any play by play, just the crowd, music, and the PA guy. This is might be better!

ricepig

ricepig

OB11

December 02, 2017, 01:10:02 pm #46 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:03:58 pm by OB11
Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2017, 08:24:04 pm
Jonesboro 54
PB 29

Are games being streamed today?

Nevermind, got the link to work.

ricepig

Bbal789

Tony Hutson with 26 points, Desi Sills with 15 points, and Kyle Moore with 14 points

Redwolves8526

Did North Little Rock have everyone this time around?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas