• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

October Girls Top 10

Started by BasketballNeverStops, November 02, 2017, 03:42:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

As we enter November, here is my top 10 girls teams so far:

1. Wonderview (5-0): Outscoring opponents 346-166, hung 88 on Guy, closest game so far is to Jasper which was a 24 point game, dynamic duo of Zimmerman and Byers continues to dazzle, huge game against Norfork tomorrow.

2. Norfork (5-0): Continuing to have success even after graduating talented group of shooters that contributed greatly in Final Four run last season. Quality 10 point win over Valley Springs. 6-4 freshman that will only continue to improve. Huge test against Wonderview tomorrow.

3. Mammoth Spring (5-0): Addition of Layne has boosted the team. Only close game is 13 point win over BIC.

4. Mt. Vernon-Enola (4-1): Team is hungry for more after coming one possession short of punching ticket to Hot Springs last season. Quality wins over Pangburn and Concord to kick off season, but loss at Bay and close game with Shirley before pulling away in the second half.

5. Acorn (5-1): Don't know much about them other than they are fairly young.

6. Concord (4-1): Good group of girls that have done well so far with Cornett at the helm. Have one of the top scorers in the class and best player in the 1A 2-South in Davis. Talented sophomore class will continue to help as Southerland girls has already been big help in scoring and rebounding department. Team has been playing without best post player due to injury in first game.

7. Rural Special (6-0): Turned heads last season after finding success with group consisting mainly of sophomores and freshmen. Will only get better over next 2-3 years due to having this season's best junior high team in 1A 2-South. Kocher girl serves as motor for team and is second best player in conference

8. West Side (5-1): Point guard is only senior on team of seven girls. Towell can be threat from outside. Sophomores Bailey and Southerland lead the way. Of five wins, none have been within single digits. Best junior high player in conference will move up and help come district tournament time.

9. Izard County (5-2): Still finding ways to win despite losing Cooper to graduation. Have two girls who can fill it up pretty quick. Lost to Concord at the buzzer before beating West Side by double digits

10. Bay (2-2): Couldn't leave defending champs out. Quality 22 point win over MVE. Fairly young group that does have state tournament experience and have played in big games.

thebigman3

I don't care who wins the WV - Norfork game. I pick one of these teams to win it all. Norfork can shoot the 3 and so can WV. both teams very good. I will be attending this game for sure. and are you saying mammoth Springs got the Layne girl from Bay?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 02, 2017, 07:16:51 am
I don't care who wins the WV - Norfork game. I pick one of these teams to win it all. Norfork can shoot the 3 and so can WV. both teams very good. I will be attending this game for sure. and are you saying mammoth Springs got the Layne girl from Bay?
Yes they got the Layne girl from bay

BannerChaser95

November 02, 2017, 07:33:45 am #3 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:41:16 am by BannerChaser95
 Good top 10, hopefully Kirby girls can get the younger team up in there by the end of the year. Layne from Mammoth Springs is a stud, she made it hard to gaurd the other girls by hitting the shots she did, drawing out the defenses hitting other girls for open looks. She really makes Mammoth Springs go! 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 02, 2017, 07:33:45 am
Good top 10, hopefully Kirby girls can get the younger team up in there by the end of the year. Layne from Mammoth Springs is a stud, she made it hard to gaurd the other girls by hitting the shots she did, drawing out the defenses hitting other girls for open looks. She really makes Mammoth Springs go!
she's not flashy she just does everything solid!!

thebigman3

Rural Special looks good, but will have to be better if they want to make it far in the State tournament. Their PG is a good lil ball player and 30 has shot lights out both games I've seen her play. She can resound as well. I think they will only get better as the season goes on.

Majorpain

November 02, 2017, 09:42:37 am #6 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:56:39 am by Majorpain
1. Wonderview
2. Norfork
3. Mammoth
4. Rural Special
5. Kirby
6. ICC
7. Jasper
8. West side
9. Concord
10. MVE

thebigman3

Quote from: Majorpain on November 02, 2017, 09:42:37 am
1. Wonderview
2. Norfork
3. Mammoth
4. Rural Special
5. Kirby
6. ICC
7. West side
8. Concord
9. Bay
10. MVE
Bay, Concord and West side over MVE?

Majorpain

I forgot about Jasper had to change mine some yeah mve may surprise me later but right now not at the top of my list. Only right now could change some

Mr. Pappagiorgio

There is a big gap after wonderview, Norfork, and mammoth. The next level has MVE, Kirby, Bay, followed by a big group of decent teams.

BannerMountainMan

MVE didn't look good at all against Shirley but must've had a bad game

Majorpain

That  is what I was going off of . I'm not saying MVE isn't good I just haven't seen it to put them higher yet. I'm sure everyone will improve when we get further in the season.

NWA Hawg

Weird not to see Kirby in the top 10.

NativeTexan

Agree for the most part with these except for Bay. I don't think they are top ten.

SackAttack

Quote from: fann07 on November 02, 2017, 10:49:26 am
Boys got all the good players and the girls didnt get any. Will have to do it with the homesteaders! Its Wonderviews tournament to lose kinda like last year and the year before that and the year before that!  Sleeper team is Mt Vernon! They will get it right before the end of the year regardless of early struggles!

thebigman3

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 02, 2017, 10:13:02 am
There is a big gap after wonderview, Norfork, and mammoth. The next level has MVE, Kirby, Bay, followed by a big group of decent teams.
I agree with this 100%.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on November 02, 2017, 10:49:26 am
1 Sr, and the rest were all in Jr High last season.

teamworkwins

Quote from: NativeTexan on November 02, 2017, 10:54:31 am
Agree for the most part with these except for Bay. I don't think they are top ten.
+1

LeftyWorld

Ouachita girls have impressed me so far. Have some sophomore guards who can light it up and play fearless, good size down low. As the year goes on and those sophomores get comfy they could make a run.

Eagle_Mom_2

Well, I have had quite enough talk about our girls for now. Seeing as how we got mercy ruled last night I don't think we should be in the discussion. As usual, Coach Mini-Auriemma gets beat down by Enola. Embarrassing. We are not top 10, people.

ballmember

EagleMom , what happened to your faith in the eagles?   They have lots of time to improve this year.

I think Wonderview will beat Norfork by double digits tonight.  Think WV defense is better, plus at home, will see.  Wonderview, Mammoth Springs my top 2, and then a gap.  hope I am wrong.  Think Concord will be in that next bunch and hard to deal with as year goes on.   

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on November 03, 2017, 12:07:03 pm
EagleMom , what happened to your faith in the eagles?   They have lots of time to improve this year.

I think Wonderview will beat Norfork by double digits tonight.  Think WV defense is better, plus at home, will see.  Wonderview, Mammoth Springs my top 2, and then a gap.  hope I am wrong.  Think Concord will be in that next bunch and hard to deal with as year goes on.

Question I have for you is this, ballmember, and I think I know the answer you'll have...is have you seen anything out of Coach Richey or this group of girls to think he can figure it out or that they will be unselfish enough to? I've got my limit on patience.

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 03, 2017, 12:13:52 pm
Question I have for you is this, ballmember, and I think I know the answer you'll have...is have you seen anything out of Coach Richey or this group of girls to think he can figure it out or that they will be unselfish enough to? I've got my limit on patience.
Your kid must not play very much.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 03, 2017, 01:05:22 pm
Your kid must not play very much.
with only 6 or 7 girls I hope her kid plays 😂

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on November 03, 2017, 12:13:52 pm
Might be time to crank up the parent meetings again. seems to be a direct correlation  between yalls success and failure!

Majorpain

I'm pulling for the underdog on this . It's normal for Wonderview to be good. It isn't for Norfork girls until last year they had never  even won a regionals . I'm proud of the girls on that team for the grades that they make as a team keeping a 4.0 and their dedication of course even if they lose our town is very proud of our girls. They have been at the bottom and worked their way up to be a very impressive group of girls .

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on November 03, 2017, 01:17:07 pm
I'm pulling for the underdog on this . It's normal for Wonderview to be good. It isn't for Norfork girls until last year they had never  even won a regionals . I'm proud of the girls on that team for the grades that they make as a team keeping a 4.0 and their dedication of course even if they lose our town is very proud of our girls. They have been at the bottom and worked their way up to be a very impressive group of girls .
After this post Im upping my prediction to wonderview by 23 and a half.

Majorpain

✌🏼sack what would we do without your daily wisdom 🙄 lol just say by 50 you seem to know so much anyway 😂not really but whatevs sack a great prediction as usual I know I'll sleep better tonight since you chimed in with some wisdom it always makes for a better day

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 03, 2017, 01:20:00 pm
After this post Im upping my prediction to wonderview by 23 and a half.
I laughed out loud after reading this.

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on November 03, 2017, 01:25:02 pm
✌🏼sack what would we do without your daily wisdom 🙄 lol just say by 50 you seem to know so much anyway 😂not really but whatevs sack a great prediction as usual I know I'll sleep better tonight since you chimed in with some wisdom it always makes for a better day
hey I just do whatever I can. Most of that is tongue and cheek and most realize that. But I stand by my prediction of WV in a blowout. My friend says Norfolk just isn't ready for WV is fixing to lay down. I trust my friends judgement!

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on November 03, 2017, 02:41:56 pm
hey I just do whatever I can. Most of that is tongue and cheek and most realize that. But I stand by my prediction of WV in a blowout. My friend says Norfolk just isn't ready for WV is fixing to lay down. I trust my friends judgement!

Norfork by one in overtime.  Sounds like your friend don't know dookey.

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 03, 2017, 07:46:17 pm
Norfork by one in overtime.  Sounds like your friend don't know dookey.
Dude I tell him that all the time. He doesn't listen to me and I listen to him way too much. Congrats to Norfolk but be careful because Pride is a dangerous thing. One of the seven deadly sins! Might tell their young coach that little tidbit but he probably won't listen you as well!

Majorpain

Byers is a very impressive player. I always thought Zimmerman was their best but I'm not sure after watching them tonight. Impressive team I do think it's hard to win there time clock not stopping illegal time outs and such... at the end of the day we got the win but Wonderview is a very good team. I think I'd enjoy watching them a lot more if it wasn't against Norfork. Byers seems to be the glue for sure though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Majorpain on November 04, 2017, 12:45:17 am
Byers is a very impressive player. I always thought Zimmerman was their best but I'm not sure after watching them tonight. Impressive team I do think it's hard to win there time clock not stopping illegal time outs and such... at the end of the day we got the win but Wonderview is a very good team. I think I'd enjoy watching them a lot more if it wasn't against Norfork. Byers seems to be the glue for sure though.

Post can't make a move towards the goal without the worry of a bogus charge calls either....

I'm guessing the illegal timeout you are referring to was the one on the 4th qtr where it was a loose ball and the refs gave WV the timeoit despite noone having possession?

Majorpain

November 04, 2017, 09:55:23 am #34 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:56:55 am by Majorpain
Yes . I'm sure I'll be able to tell more after my child watches the film today.  WV is a good team though . Just glad we didn't get a technical when they gave him the time out. Could've went south in a hurry. Surprisingly one of our posts didn't get any fouls but she also didn't let Zimmerman have her way much down low but mostly because Zimmerman turned around and didn't go in . Maybe twice but not like the other games we played against them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Majorpain on November 04, 2017, 09:55:23 am
Yes . I'm sure I'll be able to tell more after my child watches the film today.  WV is a good team though . Just glad we didn't get a technical when they gave him the time out. Could've went south in a hurry. Surprisingly one of our posts didn't get any fouls but she also didn't let Zimmerman have her way much down low but mostly because Zimmerman turned around and didn't go in . Maybe twice but not like the other games we played against them.

Yeah...the end of the game looked like WV didn't have a plan for that situation... Not sure what happened there..

Was a good game for early...showed both a lot of what they have to work on. Haven't looked at their schedule Much, but will Norfork play anyone else out Wonderviews conference?

Majorpain

No we don't . We play in Arvest tourney next week we may end up playing Mammoth at that one . We also are going to Mtn Home's tourney in December and  are playing North Little Rock. They are loaded not sure how that's going to go but it will be good for them.  Norfork's so young I think our sophomore and freshman had never been in any game like the one lastnight ( post players) will be interesting to see how they learn as year goes on. This team is still learning how to play with each other.

Bomberman

Quote from: Majorpain on November 04, 2017, 10:13:02 am
No we don't . We play in Arvest tourney next week we may end up playing Mammoth at that one . We also are going to Mtn Home's tourney in December and  are playing North Little Rock. They are loaded not sure how that's going to go but it will be good for them.  Norfork's so young I think our sophomore and freshman had never been in any game like the one lastnight ( post players) will be interesting to see how they learn as year goes on. This team is still learning how to play with each other.

Have you seen the schedule for the Mtn Home tourney yet?  If so where can I find it. I have been looking and can only find the dates.  It is always a good tournament.

Majorpain

When we get it I will post it for you.

Bomberman

BasketballFan2A

My top 6 by far in 1a... very weak this year
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves

hillbillyball

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on November 15, 2017, 08:31:59 am
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves

Ouachita girls are 7-1, only loss is to Acorn who's top 10.

Moonshiner

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on November 15, 2017, 08:31:59 am
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves

I had to go back and make sure I was reading the right thread.  You must not stray far from home very often.

no mascot

BannerMountainMan

BasketballFan2A

noties

Mammoth vs Jasper match up tonight in the Arvest Tournament in Flippin. I know both teams are supposed to be talented. Anyone have any insight?

NEA Razorback olfan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: noties on November 16, 2017, 08:28:24 am
Mammoth vs Jasper match up tonight in the Arvest Tournament in Flippin. I know both teams are supposed to be talented. Anyone have any insight?
Get Mammoth in foul trouble, only have 7 players

noties

Jasper is up 17-2 after the first....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas