• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest threats going into the playoffs

Started by bearfan, October 29, 2017, 12:52:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bearfan

Magnet Cove and Mountain pine Will both give some teams, some trouble

Big Dave

Don't let Hazen's youth fool you. They have some really good athletes.

Hgalum50

Palestine Wheatley seems to be a pretty good ball team.

Wildcatalumni21

As bad as I hate to say this being from Hector lol, but Mountainburg seems to be clicking at the right time

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 29, 2017, 09:41:47 am
As bad as I hate to say this being from Hector lol, but Mountainburg seems to be clicking at the right time
I know that had to hurt saying that lol. I think Burg could surprise some teams in the playoffs they are playing good right now especially the defense but you never know what's going to happen in the playoffs.

RyanLR

I wonder who if anyone can stop Mount Ida from repeating?

doctor in the house

Quote from: RyanLR on October 29, 2017, 12:55:56 pm
I wonder who if anyone can stop Mount Ida from repeating?

Yes, I think that Mt. Ida is solid but not great..

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 29, 2017, 09:53:26 am
I know that had to hurt saying that lol. I think Burg could surprise some teams in the playoffs they are playing good right now especially the defense but you never know what's going to happen in the playoffs.
You have no idea 😂. And yes I agree with you, just gotta take it 1 game at a time. Us Hector people still keep up with our old conference foes. We get to rejoin y'all next year

C.C.TbirdFan

Earle is going to be hard to stop. They have a decent defense. There big play ability is there biggest threat.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: C.C.TbirdFan on October 29, 2017, 02:39:59 pm
Earle is going to be hard to stop. They have a decent defense. There big play ability is there biggest threat.

Earle could be this years Hampton.
A decent team with one exceptional player.
Without Thomas last year, Hampton doesn't sniff the championship game.
Without Bohannon this year, probably neither would Earle.

However, Hampton had Thomas and Earle has Bohannon.
Both were/are big fish athletically in a little pond (2A).
You can argue whether they would make that much difference in the larger classifications, but in 2A, if the rest of your team is halfway decent, one exceptional athlete can make all the difference in the world.

I expect Earle to have a good shot at the championship.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 29, 2017, 03:59:20 pm #10 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:25:53 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
What I think is in Earles favor, is the fact that the winners from the 6,7, and 8 are all on the other side.

beach bum

Quote from: doctor in the house on October 29, 2017, 01:25:22 pm
Yes, I think that Mt. Ida is solid but not great..

I am going to guess this is joking around or trolling?

couch-coach06

Beach bum I think people honestly believe mount Ida isn't great .  Because they don't have that wow and flash about them that some teams have .. heck I even caught my self saying the same thing before we ( foreman ) played them ... Truth is they are really freaking good.. they will not beat themselves and there just like a bunch of robots doing everything too perfection ..

FilmCrew

I am from Mount Ida and I would say the same. We don't have that flashy super fast gifted athlete that most good teams have. We don't have that break away guy that can take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

BUT, we do have 11 guys that know their roles. If one has a bad night we have 10 other guys that are there to pick up the slack. Friday night a player injure his ankle, we had a new running back in and never missed a beat.

They have a great coach that does his homework. He understands your weakness. If you don't feel you have one...well sit down with him and watch him breakdown your film. Defenses get frustrated and tired getting punched in the mouth over and over.. 3,5 and 7 yards at a wack.. I know speed kills but to get punched in the mouth for 4 quarters does have a negative effect on your body.

Stay in front of the sticks, know your role and don't make stupid mistakes that stall your drive.

MR#1

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 29, 2017, 03:59:20 pm
What I think is in Earles favor, is the fact that the winners from the 6,7, and 8 are all on the other side.

Yes, but the 8-2A 2nd finisher (Rison) is in their half of the bracket.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 29, 2017, 06:50:05 pm
I am from Mount Ida and I would say the same. We don't have that flashy super fast gifted athlete that most good teams have. We don't have that break away guy that can take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

BUT, we do have 11 guys that know their roles. If one has a bad night we have 10 other guys that are there to pick up the slack. Friday night a player injure his ankle, we had a new running back in and never missed a beat.

They have a great coach that does his homework. He understands your weakness. If you don't feel you have one...well sit down with him and watch him breakdown your film. Defenses get frustrated and tired getting punched in the mouth over and over.. 3,5 and 7 yards at a wack.. I know speed kills but to get punched in the mouth for 4 quarters does have a negative effect on your body.

Stay in front of the sticks, know your role and don't make stupid mistakes that stall your drive.

Lots of people like the flash of the spread and other high flying offenses that tend to rely on speed....but as I've said on multiple occasions, it's a thing of beauty to watch an offense just line up and impose their will on the defense and push then down the field.

couch-coach06

They will see if they get the pleasure in the playoffs

beach bum

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 29, 2017, 06:33:24 pm
Beach bum I think people honestly believe mount Ida isn't great .  Because they don't have that wow and flash about them that some teams have .. heck I even caught my self saying the same thing before we ( foreman ) played them ... Truth is they are really freaking good.. they will not beat themselves and there just like a bunch of robots doing everything too perfection ..

I believe they are like a Booneville type of team that the Bearcats had years ago when they were absolutely rolling in their glory years... It isn't flashy, but they win literally all the small things that matter. I know Booneville was doing it in a bigger classification than Mount Ida, but that may be the most comparable success of winning with not quite the athletes as the other teams deep in the playoffs like Mount Ida has been doing.

Hgalum50

We have speed at HG, but a power run game is our bread and butter. Btw I agree with what y'all are saying about Mt. Ida.

dawgpound

I thought ida had a fast guy or two didn't y'all have a guy that done really good in the 200 m in track

couch-coach06

They do have that kid .. but they don't have guys like batey , Thomas, bohannon etc that just go 90 yards too the house ... They will break one from time too time but u know what I mean

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MR#1 on October 29, 2017, 06:53:05 pm
Yes, but the 8-2A 2nd finisher (Rison) is in their half of the bracket.

No offense meant, but Rison isn't as good as C.H.G. we all know this already. And if Rison and Earle play, it will be at Earle, that will make a difference.

Eaglefan70

CC played Mt Ida last year and they were all a group of robots for sure. They don't miss a beat and every touchdown we scored was earned.  #10 last year carried the ball like a man.

FilmCrew

So... Its simple...Get them behind the sticks early. Don't allow them to get positive yardage on 1st and 2nd down.. Make them beat you by throwing the ball. Most stack the box and don't honor the receivers.

Simple... Like even a cave man can do it.

The Beast Of 08

My personal opinion is that it will be Earle vs. the winner of Ida at Grove

Pit Bull

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 29, 2017, 08:04:19 pm
They do have that kid .. but they don't have guys like batey , Thomas, bohannon etc that just go 90 yards too the house ... They will break one from time too time but u know what I mean

Hey man! Stop playing "Victim!" Can we just let these kids play and be great in their own high school moments! This is sort of pathetic! I'm about to throw up 🤢

couch-coach06

Ok excuse me for giving a good team props .

MagicMike

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 29, 2017, 08:56:22 pm
So... Its simple...Get them behind the sticks early. Don't allow them to get positive yardage on 1st and 2nd down.. Make them beat you by throwing the ball. Most stack the box and don't honor the receivers.

Simple... Like even a cave man can do it.

Really it is simple. But simple does not mean easy.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 29, 2017, 08:26:12 pm
No offense meant, but Rison isn't as good as C.H.G. we all know this already. And if Rison and Earle play, it will be at Earle, that will make a difference.

Want a rematch with Rison?

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 29, 2017, 08:26:12 pm
Rison lost by 12 at CHG, with 6 turnovers. 3 of them inside the Rison 25 yard line. Without those turnovers it is a very different game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 30, 2017, 02:32:40 pm
Rison lost by 12 at CHG, with 6 turnovers. 3 of them inside the Rison 25 yard line. Without those turnovers it is a very different game.

But it happened. Next time it might be 8 turnovers.

HG Hornet

Come on, Man.  You're right about the turnovers, BUT the Hornets were also sitting on Rison's 3 yard line and ran the rest of the clock out.  It could have been 48 or 49-30 at the end.  Your defense was completely gassed and gave up long runs in the 4th quarter.  My son said that the defender over him was stout in the beginning of the game, but was like a rag doll at the end.  No stamina left. 

Maybe we'll meet again.  We'll both have to take care of business before then, so let's just wait and see. 

Cove Man

The 5-2a is heavily underated, especially the top 3.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Cove Man on October 30, 2017, 04:25:08 pm
Dang for once I agree with a guy from Magnet Cove!

bear for life

No clear favorites it will be upsets thru out the playoffs starting next Friday this year has a lot of talented teams

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 30, 2017, 05:07:50 pm
Dang for once I agree with a guy from Magnet Cove!
Nah Hector is a push over, MC is slow and CC is soft

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 30, 2017, 03:29:48 pm
Come on, Man.  You're right about the turnovers, BUT the Hornets were also sitting on Rison's 3 yard line and ran the rest of the clock out.  It could have been 48 or 49-30 at the end.  Your defense was completely gassed and gave up long runs in the 4th quarter.  My son said that the defender over him was stout in the beginning of the game, but was like a rag doll at the end.  No stamina left. 

Maybe we'll meet again.  We'll both have to take care of business before then, so let's just wait and see.
Yeah... or Rison never could have given CHG 21 easy points off of turnovers, used our power run game to shorten the game and have a chance to win it at the end. Also not punching it in from the 3 at the end is just good sportsmanship, not a talking point.

Yogi bear

Quote from: Cove Man on October 30, 2017, 04:25:08 pm
.        Didn't parkers chapel beat magnet cove and Bearden beat Hector. Y'all probably don't want the upper part of the eight.

The Beast Of 08

🙄

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Yogi bear on October 30, 2017, 07:25:51 pm
.        Didn't parkers chapel beat magnet cove and Bearden beat Hector. Y'all probably don't want the upper part of the eight.
Let's not talk about the Hector/Bearden game. I would love for ANYONE outside of Hector/Bearden fans to watch that game! They would agree Hector got robbed all night! Penalties for the game was 14-1! Hector would dominate Bearden if they played again

panther_forever

If pc beats hazen magnet cove will put a mercy rule on pc

Ventman

Pick_DA_EAGLES

hornetfan8

Quote from: Ventman on October 30, 2017, 08:47:35 pm
PC won't beat Hazen.
You must of missed it where the 8 will have the final 4 teams and the 5th one will lose to another 8 member.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 30, 2017, 08:51:41 pm
You must of missed it where the 8 will have the final 4 teams and the 5th one will lose to another 8 member.

Actually I think the AAA will make an amendment so the semis will have 5 teams

hornetfan8

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 30, 2017, 09:11:13 pm
Actually I think the AAA will make an amendment so the semis will have 5 teams
Make the lower three seeds have a jamboree? 😂

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 29, 2017, 08:04:19 pm

Mount Ida has good team speed . The 200m sprint champion and #12 is pretty quick when he gets back going. He ran a kickoff back last year in the State Championship Game and Hampton wasn't close to catching him. Our backs aren't slow by any means and neither is the QB. Just good overall speed and good football players that are well coached.

bearfan

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 30, 2017, 08:13:59 pm
Let's not talk about the Hector/Bearden game. I would love for ANYONE outside of Hector/Bearden fans to watch that game! They would agree Hector got robbed all night! Penalties for the game was 14-1! Hector would dominate Bearden if they played again
CCS would dominate hector if they played again

Yogi bear

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 30, 2017, 08:13:59 pm
Let's not talk about the Hector/Bearden game. I would love for ANYONE outside of Hector/Bearden fans to watch that game! They would agree Hector got robbed all night! Penalties for the game was 14-1! Hector would dominate Bearden if they played againwhy not talk about the Bearden Hector game it happened and y'all had just as much opportunity to win at the end of the game as we did.Just didn't get it done. Next point Bearden and p.c. are low seeds in the 8 this year and BEAT two of the 5 higher seeds so don't be surprised when you're last game of the season is against a team from the 8...

wiseguy

Quote from: bearfan on October 30, 2017, 09:45:35 pm
CCS would dominate hector if they played again
We beat you at your house 8)  Get over it!  Life goes on ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas