• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HS Football Rankings Spreadsheet

Started by vintagemustang, October 23, 2017, 09:03:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vintagemustang

I just started a spreadsheet with the goal of ranking all of Arkansas's high school football teams across all classifications. I would love for some of you to peruse it and provide some feedback to improve its overall usefulness. I have inputted all of the schedules and scores for all 7A, 6A, and 5A teams and am about to begin on 4A teams. I used several metrics that I came up with to try to create a ranking system. Any feedback is appreciated! The file can be viewed with the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BNnqNsESOToITI2cqcOcr8buF_fObG0_1UtFuj-0Cko/edit?usp=sharing

AT

I like your work, vintage. I have a few things after examining it. I, of course, look at Alma first and see White Hall above them and just don't see how. What makes WH rank so high in your rankings do you think?

vintagemustang

Thanks for looking through it! As for Alma and White Hall, it looks like the reason I have WH higher on my RANK1 formula is due to White Hall's higher point differential. I should probably change that so the formula weighs more heavily on a team's Average Gamescore (stat I came up with to judge how well a team did against another team based on the opponent's Win %). Going by Average Gamescore, Alma should be higher up than White Hall.

vintagemustang

Also, I have included several different rankings (RANK1, RANK2, RANK3, and so forth) and in some of them Alma has a higher rating than WH. I'm still trying to sort out which metric I like best and will continue to create them until I find it.

AT

Good answer. I'll have to look at it more in the coming week. I think White Hall's non conference schedule hurt them a little in the fact you weight what classification they play, but not enough to offset their big margin of victories against subpart opponents.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas