• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand new Fearless Friday LIVE Scoreboard to debut this Friday!

Started by Douglas, September 04, 2017, 01:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

In addition to the changes that were made last week with the green/red (pink) coloring, we have a brand new look and feel for the Fearless Friday LIVE Scoreboard coming this Friday.

It's MUCH easier to read and goes with nearly the "traditional" scoreboard formats other sites use.

It just wouldn't be a FEARLESS FRIDAY Scoreboard without our own flavors, though.

TUNE IN THIS FRIDAY AND CHECK IT OUT!

Brian G

ricepig

I don't like it, I prefer the old where I can easily see the schools in the classification I'm interested in.

whippersnapper

I am with ricepig on this one. But if this is the way it will be can we get one minor change? Can the QTR and Final text be bigger?

Prongs

Rulesman

Quote from: ricepig on September 08, 2017, 08:40:39 pm
I don't like it, I prefer the old where I can easily see the schools in the classification I'm interested in.
Agree. Might change my mind if you group the games by class. Too hard to find a specific game in the new (not improved) format.

Longfellow

Is it only different on the website? I mostly use the app and it looked the same unless I was just overlooking something

maxswine

I didn't like it either.  I like seeing the classifications and try to group them by that.  Plus, I could not find what quarter each game was in.....was that on there?

Was not an improvement.  Much harder to read.  Anyway we could have the option to view the old style?

AT

I loved it, myself. One nice little addition was to see "2A-4 @ 3A-5"

beach bum

This is turning into the scene from Hoosiers where they try to vote the coach out....

Rulesman

AT

Quote from: Rulesman on September 10, 2017, 08:24:46 pm
Not new. That information was on the old site.

Wait the old scoreboard told us the specific conferences? Oh wow how did I miss that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 10, 2017, 08:37:53 pm
Wait the old scoreboard told us the specific conferences? Oh wow how did I miss that.

Think it just said classification only

Brian G

Some notes:

1)  After a brief delay early Friday night, it did show all scores and qtrs.
2)  The order will flow better once we have all conference games.
3)  The scoreboard showing details like neutral location and which conf vs which conf was an added feature to this change
4)  The "Friday Game Night" scoreboard shown this week will be from 7-11 on Friday nights.  Once the last final is posted, we will flip back to the old schedule format that shows all week and that you are used to seeing.

I'm not our tech guy but I do share some of your concerns on separations by class.  Early season games between classifications makes things a bit different.

Thank for your feedback.

BG

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on September 10, 2017, 08:41:22 pm
Some notes:

1)  After a brief delay early Friday night, it did show all scores and qtrs.
2)  The order will flow better once we have all conference games.
3)  The scoreboard showing details like neutral location and which conf vs which conf was an added feature to this change
4)  The "Friday Game Night" scoreboard shown this week will be from 7-11 on Friday nights.  Once the last final is posted, we will flip back to the old schedule format that shows all week and that you are used to seeing.

I'm not our tech guy but I do share some of your concerns on separations by class.  Early season games between classifications makes things a bit different.

Thank for your feedback.

BG

I agree, when conference play starts week 4 it will flow better being able to pod the conferences together and I think it will look good.

Rulesman

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: beach bum on September 10, 2017, 07:39:16 pm
This is turning into the scene from Hoosiers where they try to vote the coach out....
For real. It why I stopped trying to please anyone. I do what I do and if you're not happy, it is on you.

SUGARTOWN

It takes way too long to find a specific game, the old version was much easier to use and check scores while at another game. Maybe this is better after the games are over and you have time to scroll through it all, but definitely not better for checking in game scores.

Was anyone complaining about the old scoreboard? Or was this just change for change sake? If it ain't broke...

OB11

The new scoreboard is better aesthetically. Just might not be as practical as the old one. I like the new look, but agree with others that have said it is a little more difficult to find specific games.

YC

I had a lot of difficulty with the new one last Friday night.

Until later in the night I only check on the games I am interested in and had trouble finding them. One I never did find but I know it was there and I was just overlooking it. It was much easier for me to find games after all the finals were in and it reverted back to the original format.

I will keep an open mind about it and I'm sure it will probably become much easier for me as the season progresses. Changes are very difficult for me and takes a while for me to adjust to them.   

Lanny

The new scoreboard is assembled by higher classification first.  The only difference is moved the higher classifications to the top.

Douglas

Here's two changes that I will be making tomorrow:

Font size on the game status: That will be increased. Absolutely logical to do that.

On the old scoreboard, we didn't sort, nor show actual conferences. Only classifications (as was pointed out here). We weren't even showing when a game went into OT. Both of these are new.

The old scoreboard was super easy, because it was strictly vertical, in terms of listing the games.

The new scoreboard (see sort order below) goes left to right, top to bottom... a natural human progression in how we read and process information.  Apply that to the new scoreboard and you'll be juuuuuuuuust fine.

Currently, this is how the scoreboard is sorted:
Game Date
Classification (in descending format: 7A, 6A, 5A, etc)
Home team

I will add in sorting by conference designation, and increase the font size for this, as well:
Game Date
Classification (in descending format: 7A, 6A, 5A, etc)
Conference Designation (Alphabetical order)
Home team

While the old scoreboard wasn't broken, it was extremely limiting.

And for those of you simply saying "I don't like it" without providing any constructive feedback, your point is moot. It brings nothing towards improving how the scoreboard performs. Please, provide constructive feedback so that we can continue to improve it.

Douglas

Font sizes for conference designations and game statuses have been increased. Also now sorting on the home team conference designation.

Walter

Can we get a couple of spaces between the classifications to make the conferences show better?

beach bum

I am liking this a lot now that we have started up conference play across the board....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas