• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 3 BEST stadiums for each classification

Started by SOUTHWESTPOWER49, June 18, 2017, 08:04:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Before we redid our whole bleachers 2 years ago, we probably had the second or third biggest stadium in the 3-4A. Now, we got the biggest and nicest of all by far. The capacity of the home bleachers now is something like 2,600 and we sellout games home or away. I've heard visitors talk about how they've never been to a bigger or nicer place outside a college stadium. Now no offense to Westside or Harrisburg, but their away bleachers won't fut our band, and we have PLENTY of travelers. I don't know where we stand the whole 4A, but in the 3-4A, the stadium crown is ours

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

It's probably in the top 10. The home side has height but it's not very wide.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I think they stretch between the 15 or 20 yard lines. Which would make it 60-70 yards wide. But I know there's stadiums out there that are back of end zone to back of end zone and taller. But for the 4A, its not bad at all. It's really fun being at the top in November with a 20 mph wind holding a tuba. Not fun the first time and still not my favorite thrill...

cuckoobird

July 06, 2017, 06:48:17 am #53 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:53:15 am by cuckoobird
How high are your stands elevated? Yeah, Stuttgart has a gap, it's called a sidewalk. Lol. Btw, I've never said Stuttgart field was better and have repeatedly said Nashville's stadium minus the visitors section is amazing. I think you guys are the ones who can't take a little criticism even when it's due

~WPS~

July 06, 2017, 09:13:14 am #54 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:16:21 am by ~WPS~
Nashville's visitors stands look about 3-5 feet off the ground, and it's on a hump. I'm not sure how high the incline reaches but I'd say the bottom row is probably 6-8 feet above the playing surface. I might go up there sometime and look at it closer.

And I know what you did and didn't say. I just like to talk with facts, which I know isn't a popular thing around here. I just find it amusing that our gap is an issue to you, yet Stuttgart's home side is just as bad. You should be used to it.

cuckoobird

July 06, 2017, 11:09:49 am #55 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:43:35 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 06, 2017, 09:13:14 am
Nashville's visitors stands look about 3-5 feet off the ground, and it's on a hump. I'm not sure how high the incline reaches but I'd say the bottom row is probably 6-8 feet above the playing surface. I might go up there sometime and look at it closer.

And I know what you did and didn't say. I just like to talk with facts, which I know isn't a popular thing around here. I just find it amusing that our gap is an issue to you, yet Stuttgart's home side is just as bad. You should be used to it.
fact, my biggest issue is not being able to see over the team on the sideline. you guys originally brought up the gap topic. Not having elevation and adding a few more feet to the distance from the field adds an increased amount of space on the field that you can't view. It's not rocket science, well maybe to you it is. AGAIN, I'll say the home side and the stadium in general minus the visitors stands is pretty awesome. Now get over your little man syndrome , it's ok that your stadium isn't the best in everyone's opinion. BTW, I haven't stated Stuttgarts was better either, nor was I the first to mention Stuttgart at all. I honestly prefer stadiums without a track and a few that come to mind that I've visited that make a game enjoyable to watch are Newport, Pine bluff High, and Heber (they have a track but for some reason it doesn't feel like it)

~WPS~

I think we should relish in the fact that cuckoo said something about Nashville is "pretty awesome".

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 06, 2017, 02:33:39 pm
I think we should relish in the fact that cuckoo said something about Nashville is "pretty awesome".
Mark this down in the legendary fearless Friday threads page

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas