• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 3 BEST stadiums for each classification

Started by SOUTHWESTPOWER49, June 18, 2017, 08:04:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

June 18, 2017, 08:04:24 pm Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:05:56 pm by SOUTHWESTPOWER49
2A-???
3A-???
4A-???
5A-???
6A-???
7A-???

Rank 'em....

beach bum

I like the topic.... One I can think of is I have always like visiting in 4A is Ozark's.... In the 1-4A I like visiting Gravette's the most.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: beach bum on June 18, 2017, 08:32:49 pm
I like the topic.... One I can think of is I have always like visiting in 4A is Ozark's.... In the 1-4A I like visiting Gravette's the most.
Ozark and Gravette both do have nice stadiums but if I had to rank 4A it would be...
1. Nashville (head and shoulders over all of 4A)
2. Arkadelphia (love my badgers)
3. Gravette (been there once, nice venue)

I would throw places like Warren in the mix but we're talking about an entire stadium...not just turf.

AirWarren

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 18, 2017, 08:54:39 pm
Ozark and Gravette both do have nice stadiums but if I had to rank 4A it would be...

I would throw places like Warren in the mix but we're talking about an entire stadium...not just turf.

Upgraded fence.
Upgrade concession stands.
Upgraded ticket booths.
Upgraded visitor bleachers.

Yeah, we are plenty in the mix.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

June 18, 2017, 09:12:07 pm #4 Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:24:45 pm by SOUTHWESTPOWER49
Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2017, 09:04:33 pm
Upgraded fence.
Upgrade concession stands.
Upgraded ticket booths.
Upgraded visitor bleachers.

Yeah, we are plenty in the mix.
Upgrade those home stands and pressbox and then we'll talk.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

June 18, 2017, 09:13:43 pm #5 Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:16:07 pm by SOUTHWESTPOWER49
So what would be your 4A top 3 AirWarren?

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

3. Ozark (been there once, nice venue)

Razorback Red

In 7A, there are more good stadiums than bad ones.  In the 7A West, the only really bad stadium is Fayetteville.  It's been awhile since I've been to Van Buren, but my memory of it is good.  The rest of the 7A West is full of newer stadiums, with the exception being Springdale and it has so much great history that it's good.  My personal favorite is Old Gates Stadium (Heritage), but in terms of size and niceness, Bentonville and Harber are prob the best in the conf.  I haven't been to many of the 7A Central stadiums, only NS and SS which both have great history.  From what I hear, NLR's new stadium rivals anything in the state.  Conway also has a great stadium.  I've been to Cabot, but it's been years so cannot comment on it. 

All that said, I would put NLR, Bentonville and Harber as the top 3 if only talking appearance, but my favorite playoff atmospheres are Southside and Springdale (showing my age, yes I like the traditional power matchups). 

Lumberjackfan1978

warren has upgraded there stadium plenty not just turf but they do need to upgrade there press box and then they would be right up there

beach bum

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 19, 2017, 10:14:00 pm
warren has upgraded there stadium plenty not just turf but they do need to upgrade there press box and then they would be right up there

I personally like me an old fashioned style press box.... I don't know why. I might say otherwise if I was the one sitting in one. I just like the vintage look for some reason though.

smallybells

Joe T. Robinson has made some nice upgrades to their facilities the last couple of years.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: smallybells on June 20, 2017, 12:06:44 pm
Joe T. Robinson has made some nice upgrades to their facilities the last couple of years.
Saw the stadium on Twitter. It's coming along nicely.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 19, 2017, 10:14:00 pm
Still not enough to crack top 5. Places like Nashville, Arkadelphia, Shiloh, and Stuggart have nice facilities and it shows through the support of the community. My badgers have one heck of a stadium to be proud of but Nashville takes things to a whole new level. One of the best facilities in the state regardless of classification. Can't wait till Arkadelphia gets to that level. Sooner than later I hope.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

I live in Plano Texas now and let me tell you that even though Bentonville, Eldorado, Heritage, etc all have nice stadiums, these Texas stadiums make them all look like 3A stadiums. Google Allen Eagle stadium and you'll see what I mean...

AHS06

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 20, 2017, 10:27:43 pm
I live in Plano Texas now and let me tell you that even though Bentonville, Eldorado, Heritage, etc all have nice stadiums, these Texas stadiums make them all look like 3A stadiums. Google Allen Eagle stadium and you'll see what I mean...
That's not a fair comparison and I wouldn't have El Dorado as one of the nicest stadiums in the state.  Those are mega schools, in large surburbs, and wealthy community support.  Allen spent 60 million on a stadium that can house the entire town of El Dorado.  Can't wait until rival McKinney finish their $70 million stadium.  Frisco plays in The Star!  This is apples to oranges.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on June 19, 2017, 11:37:06 pm
I personally like me an old fashioned style press box.... I don't know why. I might say otherwise if I was the one sitting in one. I just like the vintage look for some reason though.

No problem with the look of Warren's press box, but the set up is not very good for us broadcasters. Just one continuous table with both teams broadcast crews sitting shoulder to shoulder with no divider or partition. Sometimes it's hard to hear your partner when everybody is sitting right on top of each other. But I've been in worse that's for sure.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 21, 2017, 04:24:19 pm
No problem with the look of Warren's press box, but the set up is not very good for us broadcasters. Just one continuous table with both teams broadcast crews sitting shoulder to shoulder with no divider or partition. Sometimes it's hard to hear your partner when everybody is sitting right on top of each other. But I've been in worse that's for sure.
yeah that's what I was talking about not enough room

cuckoobird

Nashville needs to do more with the visitors bleachers to be considered. They are still horrible after an upgrade last year

HorseFeathers

Nicest 2a fields I've been to are... Hampton, Danville, and magazine keeps coming to mind but it's been a while since I've been there... Mineral springs should be on here by default since they have turf

3a....Charleston...

AirWarren

Joe t looks good. All the upgrades and the views of all the mountains....gorgeous out there.

AirItOut21

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 02, 2017, 07:54:57 am
Nashville needs to do more with the visitors bleachers to be considered. They are still horrible after an upgrade last year

Just a trollin'...

~WPS~

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 02, 2017, 12:45:19 pm
Joe t looks good. All the upgrades and the views of all the mountains....gorgeous out there.

One of my favorite spots in Arkansas.... seeing the transition from the valley to the hills with the lake nearby.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 02, 2017, 05:59:43 pm
One of my favorite spots in Arkansas.... seeing the transition from the valley to the hills with the lake nearby.

It's truly one of the best views in central Arkansas. Chenal valley and Shinall mountain behind the press box, pinnacle and the base of the Ouachita's around pinnacle. Plus, with the addition of the brand new Robinson middle school, the indoor facility, and the stadium upgraded, Robinson is sure making strides in the right direction.

Let's just hope Little Rock and its cancer of school districts doesn't run it all into the dirt. 

cuckoobird

July 03, 2017, 08:41:05 am #24 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:11:26 am by cuckoobird
Definitely a true posts. Now I will say, their home stands and pressbox are amazing for 4a but the visitors stands are worse than Marianna's and to be a true great stadium, all aspects must be taken into account. If we just count the home side, Maumelle should make top 5 overall and lead 5a

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 02, 2017, 07:54:57 am
Let me guess....the gap?

~WPS~

July 03, 2017, 01:25:54 pm #26 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:34:22 pm by ~WPS~
There's other bigger gaps than Nashville's visitor side. Look at Robinson's home side, you might as well sit in the parking lot. And that's a home side. Most stadiums aren't designed to give the visitor premium seating. Stuttgart and Warren have a gap as well, on both sides.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 03, 2017, 01:25:54 pm
There's other bigger gaps than Nashville's visitor side. Look at Robinson's home side, you might as well sit in the parking lot. And that's a home side. Most stadiums aren't designed to give the visitor premium seating. Stuttgart and Warren have a gap as well, on both sides.
Oh trust me I know. He just likes to pick out small things that he considers as a "problem". Scrapper Stadium is best throughout all 4A. Arkadelphia 2nd.

cuckoobird

Home side is among the greatest yes. Sit on the visitors side while another team is over there and you'll see what I mean

~WPS~

Have you sat over there since it was redone last summer?

cuckoobird

Yes, it's still not desirable. I even said that even though it had been redone last year.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 03, 2017, 09:00:12 pm
Yes, it's still not desirable. I even said that even though it had been redone last year.
Well what's not "desirable"??? What shall Nashville do to fit your "high standards???"

AirWarren

I think Warren, Stuttgart, Arkadelphia and Nashville all have fine facilities. Who cares who is better.

I mean, coming from a poor poverty stricken area like south Arkansas, the teams are lucky to have grass. Much less a good coach, disciplined players, and a team.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on July 03, 2017, 11:00:58 pm
I think Warren, Stuttgart, Arkadelphia and Nashville all have fine facilities. Who cares who is better.

I mean, coming from a poor poverty stricken area like south Arkansas, the teams are lucky to have grass. Much less a good coach, disciplined players, and a team.
Well said AW

~WPS~

July 04, 2017, 12:12:06 am #34 Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:14:14 am by ~WPS~

Couldn't afford real grass, had to get the fake kind instead.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

I just want to know cuckoobird's opinion is all. His high standards must be taken into consideration lol.

Iknewthemwhen

Lots of newer stadiums are nice, some of the older ones have done a nice job of trying to keep up facilities.  Then some just don't spend money, this is common in smaller schools where they lack money.

GuvHog

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on July 04, 2017, 10:45:47 am
Lots of newer stadiums are nice, some of the older ones have done a nice job of trying to keep up facilities.  Then some just don't spend money, this is common in smaller schools where they lack money.

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend the money. Watson Chapel has a pretty nice stadium but if they'd spend the money to make needed improvements, it would be a top of the line HS football stadium by Arkansas standards.

cuckoobird

Yes the gap is an issue, you need binoculars to see the field plus lack of enough elevation and being that far away from the field creates the visiting team being an obstacle to see anything from the hash to the sidelines. Stuttgart has no gap other than the track plus the bottom row is 8' off the ground.

GuvHog

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 05, 2017, 08:27:59 am
Yes the gap is an issue, you need binoculars to see the field plus lack of enough elevation and being that far away from the field creates the visiting team being an obstacle to see anything from the hash to the sidelines. Stuttgart has no gap other than the track plus the bottom row is 8' off the ground.

Are you referring to the gap between Watson Chapel's home stands and the track???

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on July 05, 2017, 09:48:02 am
Are you referring to the gap between Watson Chapel's home stands and the track???

We are talking about relevant teams here. Stuttgart. Warren. Nashville.

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on July 05, 2017, 09:48:46 am
We are talking about relevant teams here. Stuttgart. Warren. Nashville.

What particular gap is he referring to?? I thought he was referring to WC since he posted right after I did.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on July 05, 2017, 09:54:39 am
What particular gap is he referring to?? I thought he was referring to WC since he posted right after I did.

I'm kidding man.

I think he is still pestering the Nashville people.

cuckoobird

They wanted to know why it's endesirable to sit on the visiting side at Nashville. I'll say again, the home side is superb and they should be proud of it.

~WPS~

Google earth says otherwise on a gap at Stuttgart. It may not be as wide as Nashville's visitor side but it's noticeable. There's a gap between the track and walkway, then the walkway, then ramps, then stands.  Maybe you need to specify what size gap is acceptable for your criteria.

~WPS~

July 05, 2017, 02:36:46 pm #45 Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:38:43 pm by ~WPS~
Using a geo-distance mapping tool online, measuring from the edge of the playing field to the first row of stands.

Nashville's old visitor stands sat 86 feet away, the new ones are 78 feet away, for comparison the home stands are 64 feet away.

Stuttgart's home stands are 78 feet away, visitors are 75 feet.

Robinson's home side is 75 feet. It's closer, even though the stands are further back from the track, because the playing field is closer to the track.

Warren was in the process of adding turf when the satellite image was taken so there is no point of reference to do theirs.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

July 05, 2017, 03:17:12 pm #46 Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:20:38 pm by SOUTHWESTPOWER49
This is so stupid lol. You are the only person that had an issue all season. It's obvious that you are just jealous of Scrapper Stadium and you're just trying to find a reason to complain about something. If Nashville really wanted to they could expand the visitor side to twice the size of it now, move them up the  track  (just like the home side), and even put the concession stand and bathrooms under the bleachers and  you'd still have a problem with it. Please keep your nonsense elsewhere. Nashville has the funds to do as they shall. They stand 2nd to none in class 4A...period.

AirItOut21

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 05, 2017, 02:36:46 pm
Using a geo-distance mapping tool online, measuring from the edge of the playing field to the first row of stands.

Nashville's old visitor stands sat 86 feet away, the new ones are 78 feet away, for comparison the home stands are 64 feet away.

Stuttgart's home stands are 78 feet away, visitors are 75 feet.

Robinson's home side is 75 feet. It's closer, even though the stands are further back from the track, because the playing field is closer to the track.

Warren was in the process of adding turf when the satellite image was taken so there is no point of reference to do theirs.

So what you are saying is that cuckoobird doesn't know what he is talking about. Well that has already been established and now reaffirmed.

~WPS~

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas