• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A state tournament

Started by FNLsupporter, May 08, 2017, 09:38:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherOfMen11

I like it. Kids should be use to playing multiple games in a day anyway if they play in the summer and their arms should be in good enough shape to handle it easily.

Head Lion

People make it big deal of it & most these kids played 6-8 games every weekend in travel ball.

XFalkonz

Just because they have played a bunch of games in one day during the summer doesn't mean that they should play a bunch of games in one day. The AAA put pitch limits in for a reason. Super duper coaches in the summer wearing the heck out of a 15-18 year old arm isn't smart. Several of these teams have one maybe two effective pitchers and the rest are throwers. It comes down to figuring out how to use the pitchers correctly and effectively. No team should play more than two games per day and even then not on consecutive days. When they do play al of these games several days in a row there is a higher probability for injury.

teachers pet

Top of 3rd, Genoa 2-1 over Jessieville

oasistrader

Anyone have the HA-Clinton score ?

FNLsupporter

Quote from: oasistrader on May 12, 2017, 04:08:44 pm
Anyone have the HA-Clinton score ?
I wasn't able to stay there for it. Sorry, I would like to know the score too!

teachers pet

Top of 5th, Genoa 6-1 over Jessieville

RedWolf275

Harding Academy over Clinton 10-1

The Green Arrow

Clinton found out real quick in regionals and state that their conference was even worse than everyone thought.

Baseballman

Clinton had a very good ball club who slumped at the wrong time. They relied on their offense all season and when they didn't have it they got beat. They only loosing 1 senior and will have a very strong team next year. Will come out with more experience and make a run.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Baseballman on May 12, 2017, 06:51:07 pm
Clinton had a very good ball club who slumped at the wrong time. They relied on their offense all season and when they didn't have it they got beat. They only loosing 1 senior and will have a very strong team next year. Will come out with more experience and make a run.
Can you spell OVERRATED!

JamesLeigh

Has anyone heard the score on the Charleston-Horatio game? I hear the Tigers won, but I haven't gotten a score yet.

WPWells

JamesLeigh

Thanks! It was driving me crazy that I couldn't find it.

ChokeNPoke

Did Mayflower take care of Riverside today?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on May 12, 2017, 08:18:49 pm

Riverside run ruled them I think...

Dirty dawg

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on May 12, 2017, 08:18:49 pm
im sure it was a good game but im not sure

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 12, 2017, 08:20:48 pm
Riverside run ruled them I think...

Wow...

Horatio losing to charleston.
Mayflower losing to Riverside (that was more understanding than the first one.)

RedWolf275

From what I heard Gavin Stone dominated Mayflower with 13 k's

HorseFeathers

Head Lion

3-3A turning out to not be as weak a conference as most thought.

BoxNOne

I agree HL, wins over Mayflower and Harmony Grove is a good showing for 3A-3. Both were good teams and are good baseball programs.

biglion1985

Good job riverside maybe the lions will beat greenland

General Lee

HorseFeathers

Thought I read that games didn't start until noon today....I'm probably wrong though

The Green Arrow

Junction City leads BK 2-1 after 4. #16 for JC with a 2 run homerun in bottom of 4th.

Rzrbks23

May 13, 2017, 11:20:46 am #76 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:29:04 am by Rzrbks23
Quote from: CoolBreeze on May 12, 2017, 07:33:05 pm
Can you spell OVERRATED!
Clinton was not an overrated team at all lol. They slumped at regionals and gave Harding academy all they wanted for the majority of the game. They stranded bases loaded early on which could've been a huge momentum swing and had a couple key field errors that allowed the wildcats to get the lead and they let it get away from them right at the end. They are only loading 1 senior and they are not going to be a squad I want to play next year.

Head Lion

biglion1985

Does anyone have updates on manila and greenland game

biglion1985

Excuse that last post phone being slow

BossHogs

Any more updates on the JC game?

Moneymike

What was greenland/manila final?

HorseFeathers

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to Manila on a great season!!

The Green Arrow

Bald Knob scores 2 in top of 7th. Defeats JC 3-2. Play winner of HA and Charleston at 3.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Rzrbks23 on May 13, 2017, 11:20:46 am

Clinton was not an overrated team at all lol. They slumped at regionals and gave Harding academy all they wanted for the majority of the game. They stranded bases loaded early on which could've been a huge momentum swing and had a couple key field errors that allowed the wildcats to get the lead and they let it get away from them right at the end. They are only loading 1 senior and they are not going to be a squad I want to play next year.

Clinton was most definitely overrated

CoolBreeze

Does anyone have a report on status of Chucktown/HA game?

CoolBreeze

May 13, 2017, 02:25:45 pm #87 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:35:09 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on May 13, 2017, 01:07:33 pm
Clinton was most definitely overrated
Losing their last two games by a combined score of 22-2 surely says something about that issue.

NeaBaller21

Riverside over Genoa Central 5-1. Move on to play Greenland at 3

The Green Arrow

HA leads Charleston 15-6 in top of 5th

Rzrbks23

Quote from: CoolBreeze on May 13, 2017, 02:25:45 pm
Losing their last two games by a combined score of 22-2 surely says something about that issue.
A season record of 26-7 surely says something about that issue lol. And scoring almost 400 runs over the course of the season...

bodycounTT

Quote from: Rzrbks23 on May 13, 2017, 03:25:16 pm
A season record of 26-7 surely says something about that issue lol. And scoring almost 400 runs over the course of the season...

You can win every game of the year, but if you don't win the last one, nobody gives a s### about the 26-7.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Rzrbks23 on May 13, 2017, 03:25:16 pm
That depends on the quality of the competition.

We all know that having an impressive-looking win-loss record is no guarantee that a team is top notch. Some teams schedule weak competition to make their record look good, while others schedule the best teams they can find to challenge them. Which do you think fares better when it comes to tournament time?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 13, 2017, 02:47:52 pm
HA leads Charleston 15-6 in top of 5th
Is there a final score on this one yet? The winner should already be playing BK by now.

The Green Arrow

HA won 17-7. They lead Bald Knob 2-0 after 2 innings.

WPWells

Charleston just simply didn't have enough pitching, but starting 5 freshmen they'll be back if they could find a couple more quality arms

Moneymike

How is bald knob/HA going?

The Green Arrow

HA wins 10-3. Good hitting from Harding and BK running out of arms made for a bad combination.

Wonderdog

May 13, 2017, 06:05:28 pm #98 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:26:16 pm by Wonderdog
Riverside 5
Greenland 9
Final

Bald Knob 3
Harding Academy 10
Final

Harding Academy vs Greenland for 3A title

Head Lion

Best of luck to both teams, hopefully at least the scoreboard will work at Baum.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas