• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 4A Boys Teams

Started by centralarkansasbasketball, May 02, 2017, 12:07:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on December 26, 2017, 01:17:33 am
Quote from: Bbal789 on December 25, 2017, 07:29:02 pm
Yea I need to update the rankings soon. I just do the rankings for fun and to see what others think too. I have never heard or seen this Quan Sanders guy and do not see his name on Stuttgart's roster. Also could not pull up any videos of him playing. Have not seen Stuttgart play this year but I am sure he is a good player. Do you know why his name is not on the roster?
[/I forgot his legal name is David Quan Walker he is #11 for Stuttgart my bad. Don't know where sanders came from but he also is a star football player for Stuttgart. He already has a college ready body with strength coming from football. I hope a sponsored AAU team could come see him play so he can get on a team and showout this summer to gain some offers because that local team won't get him anything at all i doubt.

Yea Stuttgart seems to be having a good start to this year. Do you know how many he averages a game?

BirdCall

Not sure but i am pretty positive it is at least 20+ a game.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 26, 2017, 11:24:47 pm #102 Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:26:54 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Nettleton 80
Jonesboro Westside 70
F
Brookland 50
Blytheville 44
Braxton Haff 16pts
F

Brookland advances to Championship game vs Nettleton tomorrow of the NEA tourney

Bbal789

Brookland has beaten a lot of good 5a schools this year pretty impressive.

Bbal789

For Jonesboro Westside, Avery Felts had 26 points, Riley Felkins had 20 points, and Cullen Felkins had 19 points.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 26, 2017, 11:34:25 pm
For Jonesboro Westside, Avery Felts had 26 points, Riley Felkins had 20 points, and Cullen Felkins had 19 points.

Westside a a very good team , capable of beating any team on any given night , very talented...Nettleton hit their free throws tonight and crashed the boards well.

NEA Razorback olfan

Bbal789

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 27, 2017, 09:47:40 am
https://www.facebook.com/northeastarkansassports/posts/1783031755040358

Brookland vs Blytheville highlights

Brookland is always extremely tough team to beat because they are patient and take good shots and play really hard on defense.

NEA Razorback olfan

Bbal789

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 27, 2017, 11:10:41 pm
Brookland 39
Nettleton 47
F

I can tell by the score that Brookland controlled the pace of this game. Probably Brookland's greatest strength is their ability to control the pace of the game to their advantage along with their three point shooting.

Grand Prairie

December 30, 2017, 06:54:13 pm #110 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:56:09 pm by Grand Prairie
Quote from: Bbal789 on December 25, 2017, 07:29:02 pm
Yea I need to update the rankings soon. I just do the rankings for fun and to see what others think too. I have never heard or seen this Quan Sanders guy and do not see his name on Stuttgart's roster. Also could not pull up any videos of him playing. Have not seen Stuttgart play this year but I am sure he is a good player. Do you know why his name is not on the roster?

I assume he is talking about Timquarian Johnson who is a highlight waiting to happen or David Walker. Walker is their best player right now and is leading Stuttgart in most categories. Averaging about 20 per night... real nice player. He was an absolute beast at DE for the football team too. 

Grand Prairie

Bbal789

Quote from: Grand Prairie on December 30, 2017, 06:54:13 pm

I assume he is talking about Timquarian Johnson who is a highlight waiting to happen or David Walker. Walker is their best player right now and is leading Stuttgart in most categories. Averaging about 20 per night... real nice player. He was an absolute beast at DE for the football team too.

Yes he was talking about David Walker. Stuttgart has a lot of good players that also played football

blegit

ashdown has three pretty good ball players not playing basketball this year. Anthony Nelson, Tre Green, and Jaden Hill. They have wins against bauxite and Nashville this year. They are starting to play alot better .

scrapdig

Quote from: blegit on January 20, 2018, 06:23:55 pm
ashdown has three pretty good ball players not playing basketball this year. Anthony Nelson, Tre Green, and Jaden Hill. They have wins against bauxite and Nashville this year. They are starting to play alot better .
That's ashame.  They could have been title contender with those three.  Boys basketball in southwest Arkansas stinks

springdalesmitty

January 22, 2018, 03:06:31 pm #115 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:08:43 pm by springdalesmitty
Pottsville may win it all...

Gray lizard

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 22, 2018, 03:06:31 pm

It is a long way to the top, but they are playing very good now. They have 6 or 7 guys that could score 20+ on any given night. They also go 10 deep in players that can contribute. Fun group of young men to watch.

Livewire

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 22, 2018, 03:06:31 pm
can you qualify that statement. it looks like they are playing an extremely weak schedule.
I see Stuttgart, Southside, Baptist, Westside as final 4  with Pea Ridge and Central  having a good chance to surprise a few people.

Bbal789

Quote from: Livewire on January 22, 2018, 04:43:20 pm
can you qualify that statement. it looks like they are playing an extremely weak schedule.
I see Stuttgart, Southside, Baptist, Westside as final 4  with Pea Ridge and Central  having a good chance to surprise a few people.

Pottsville is definitely the most slept on team. They played well against JA Fair a top ten team in the state. Wesley Heikes, Landon Reed, Jacob Chisum, Tyler Duvall are all very solid scorers and very tough and disciplined defenders.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 10:50:08 am
Pottsville is definitely the most slept on team. They played well against JA Fair a top ten team in the state. Wesley Heikes, Landon Reed, Jacob Chisum, Tyler Duvall are all very solid scorers and very tough and disciplined defenders.

I feel like Pottsville would have won that game with out the shot clock. Even though it was a low scoring game.  JA Fair is a very quick team. Pottsville goes very deep in good shooters.

Bbal789

Avery Felts and Jonesboro Westside in my opinion is the best team in 4a. The media has slept on this team way to hard this year.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 12:38:01 pm
Avery Felts and Jonesboro Westside in my opinion is the best team in 4a. The media has slept on this team way to hard this year.
good. Should make for a fun regional tournament.

Livewire

East Regional will have the best teams in 4a! State champions will come from there.
I belive it is at Lonoke and look forward to watching some great ball at a really nice facility.

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 12:38:01 pm
i would like to see them stop David Walker and Stuttgart at 17-1 on the season.

BirdCall

David Walker had 36 pts 5 assist 5 rebounds and 2 steals in last night win over Star City....he also is averaging 28 pts for his last three games. Big game coming up Friday against Dumas.

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 24, 2018, 02:31:38 pm
i would like to see them stop David Walker and Stuttgart at 17-1 on the season.

It would be a good game for sure but Jonesboro Westside in my opinion has way too much firepower on offense. They are a best three point shooting team. They have two players (Avery Felts and Riley Felkins) who are very good at shooting off the dribble as well as catch and shoot. Cullen Felkins, Gage Sheffield, and Kessler Mack are all high volume three points shooters. Stuttgart definitely is a bigger and more physical team though. David Walker is underrated and Tim Johnson is crazy athletic.

Grand Prairie

We really don't know how good Stuttgart is IMO.

Sure, they are a 5 point road loss from being undefeated but their blended league is putrid aside from Helena and to a lesser extent Dumas.

I don't know that I would categorize them as physical... they are actually crazy athletic and lightning quick. Teams struggle to get into an offense due to their pressure.

Walker has been incredible and once Johnson fully figures out his new role as a secondary scorer to David's primary he will get back to scoring in bunches.

The only option to defend them, short of having some serious length, is to play zone and hope they don't shoot you out of it. Shooting, in addition to depth, is Stuttgart's biggest offensive weakness. Aside from Walker and to a lesser extent Jake Banks they don't have a consistent outside shooter.

All of that being said, if Stuttgart can defend without fouling... good luck to whoever is the opponent. Quick does not adequately describe this group.

If all goes well, next Friday night's home game against Helena-West Helena will be an absolute war.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas