• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for the Memories #12...

Started by MA, March 08, 2016, 07:15:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MA

Austin Reaves has been the center piece for A TON of debate this season. People claiming he isn't good enough, others begging Mike Anderson to take a chance. People questioning his strength, athleticism, Grades, ACT, you name it. He has probably been the most talked about player in the state this season which is saying something considering most people believe Malik Monk is the best player to ever come through Arkansas. But with all of the question marks surrounding Austin in the media and Social media alike, he just went out there and did his thing. And he did it his way.

If you haven't had the chance to meet Austin you're missing out on one of the great young men I have ever been around. He's humble, great with kids and a hard worker. I did not know Austin prior to last April but in the last year he has become like a little brother to me. He trusted me from the second we met to help him get his name out and from literally that second we took off on a pretty crazy adventure. We drove all over the country going to camps and visits. We saw Purdue, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and everywhere in between. Obviously we built a pretty good relationship burning up all of those miles. It eventually landed us in Wichita, Kansas and after a couple of days in that program he knew, and I knew that he knew, he was home. Wichita St is the perfect place for Austin Reaves.

If you haven't had the chance to see Austin play you have one more shot. Vs a very good Charleston team at 2:30 on Saturday. Win or lose Austin has taken this whole state on a wild ride. Nobody has ever played harder, smarter, or with more passion than Austin Reaves. Whether you root for him or not, he deserves a big applause when he steps off the floor for the last time in Arkansas.

Thanks for the Memories #12

ricepig

He's a very good player, but to state " Nobody has ever played harder, smarter, or with more passion than Austin Reaves." is a disservice to the 1000's of players who have come before him, lol. Now, this might be your opinion, but let's try to keep it real.

bleudog

"....I did not know Austin prior to last April but in the last year he has become like a little brother to me. He trusted me from the second we met to help him get his name out and from literally that second we took off on a pretty crazy adventure. We drove all over the country going to camps and visits. We saw Purdue, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and everywhere in between. Obviously we built a pretty good relationship burning up all of those miles. It eventually landed us in Wichita, Kansas and after a couple of days in that program he knew, and I knew that he knew, he was home....."

MA, are you some kind of agent?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on March 11, 2016, 12:16:48 pm
"....I did not know Austin prior to last April but in the last year he has become like a little brother to me. He trusted me from the second we met to help him get his name out and from literally that second we took off on a pretty crazy adventure. We drove all over the country going to camps and visits. We saw Purdue, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and everywhere in between. Obviously we built a pretty good relationship burning up all of those miles. It eventually landed us in Wichita, Kansas and after a couple of days in that program he knew, and I knew that he knew, he was home....."

Possible violations?

Ctucker

I'm sure he works for a recruiting service, not sure about that but they are everywhere now they just help get kids name out there nothing illegal about it.

smallybells

Quote from: bleudog on March 11, 2016, 12:16:48 pm

Lol, no, it some some dude in NEA with a Twitter feed and some Youtube videos.

OB11

Quote from: smallybells on March 11, 2016, 04:06:09 pm
Lol, no, it some some dude in NEA with a Twitter feed and some Youtube videos.

Y'all are savage. lol

I've heard he's a pretty good guy that knows his basketball. 

ricepig

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on March 11, 2016, 06:06:51 pm
Y'all are savage. lol

I've heard he's a pretty good guy that knows his basketball.

You've "heard" that, lol. He did learn from one of the best.

OB11

March 11, 2016, 07:06:27 pm #8 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:08:17 pm by OliverBoy11
Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2016, 06:57:55 pm
You've "heard" that, lol. He did learn from one of the best.

I didn't even know he was from NEA until a couple of days ago.  Heck, I don't even know his last name  Lol. 

ricepig

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on March 11, 2016, 07:06:27 pm
I didn't even know he was from NEA until a couple of days ago.  Heck, I don't even know his last name  Lol.

Ok, I thought you said you worked at JPS.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2016, 07:19:28 pm
Ok, I thought you said you worked at JPS.

Not a native of Jonesboro though.  Have not been here long.

chickasaw fan

Well who is he?? What's his first name??

ricepig

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on March 11, 2016, 09:06:37 pm
Not a native of Jonesboro though.  Have not been here long.

Nor is he.

MA

I work for nobody lol. I'm just a guy trying to help kids. I have been blessed with great connections. I have a camera, a computer, a cell phone, a love for the game, and want to see kids make it.

My name is Dillon Buchanan. @Dillon_Buchanan on Twitter.
@MovementBB is where all news and video gets posted.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Reeves does have a nice game though.

Ctucker

Thanks MA for doing what you do for kids!

Dragon77

March 12, 2016, 05:45:38 pm #16 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:48:08 pm by Dragon77
Quote from: MA on March 12, 2016, 09:59:00 am
I work for nobody lol. I'm just a guy trying to help kids. I have been blessed with great connections. I have a camera, a computer, a cell phone, a love for the game, and want to see kids make it.

My name is Dillon Buchanan. @Dillon_Buchanan on Twitter.
@MovementBB is where all news and video gets posted.

Dillon, thanks for posting the videos. I learned this week, that your video, helped my son. I will tell you about it soon. I realize you are not a Jonesboro native, but I am confident that you got here, as soon as you could. ha ha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas