• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The JC Thread

Started by Dragon I, December 02, 2014, 12:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

How did Elmo not get all state but correct me if I'm wrong

Beardad

Each school has a certain allotment for all- state players.....each team gets atleast 1....usually something like conference winner gets 4, runner up gets 3, third and 4th get 2, and the bottom teams get 1.  That is unless your bottom teams don't have anybody deserving enough.

So there's 1 of 2 ways "Elmo" did not get all-state......to put it the nicest way and not hurt anyones heart:

A: He was not as deserving as the other players based on statistical achievement

B: He was not as deserving as the other players based on work ethic and or discipline

bleudog

bleudog

Dragon I

I seen in a thread on MMQB that JC finished #24 in the country in a small school ranking.  Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this or where to find it?

bleudog

From the EDNT:

Carpenter to coach at AHSCA game

After guiding Junction City to its third consecutive 2A state crown, Dragons head coach David Carpenter will get the opportunity to coach some of the state's top players at the 59th Arkansas High School Coaches Association All-Star Football Game, which will be held at the University of Central Arkansas on June
    On Tuesday, the AHSCA announced that Carpenter would be the head coach for the East All-Stars.
    Junction City assistant coach Brad Smith will be on Carpenter's staff for the game, as will Conway's Clint Ashcraft, Warren's Bo Hembree, Wynne's Chris Hill, Mayflower's Todd Langrell and Siloam Springs' Bryan Ross.
    Rosters for the game have not been announced.

bleudog

bleudog

EDNT article on millage election:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

THA TRUTH

Next years 2a state champ could very well start off 1-2 next year

Dragon I

Yep.  CC has decided, that if he is going to take the record, he is going to do it like a man.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 02, 2015, 05:50:52 pm
Next years 2a state champ could very well start off 1-2 next year

I know smackover is one of those possible losses, who's the other one?

THA TRUTH

Haynesville Two time defending state champ of la

Wilson

Is this game with Haynesville a home and home series or is this game taking place at Independence Stadium as part of the Battle on the Border showcase?

Dragon I

It's a home game next year.  Not sure if it's home and home.

bleudog

bleudog

TD for JD!

Kinda got a nice ring to it.  ;D

Wilson

Shreveport media is already talking about the Haynesville/JC matchup this fall

and Dancy also got a lot of love from the Shprt media including Tim Fletcher on his radio show this morning calling Dancy the steal of the year for La Tech just like Dixon was in the class of 2012

bleudog

cuz

Congratulation boys I know you will continue to make JC proud....

bleudog

There are three days left to cast votes in the Junction City School election. Friday and Monday votes can be cast at the Union County Clerk's Office on the first floor of the Union County Courthouse, from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.

On election day, Tuesday-Feb. 10, polling sites will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. and voters in Zones 1, 2 and 3 can cast ballots at the Junction City Hall, 207 N. Main St. Voters residing in Zones 4 and 5 can cast ballots at Three Creeks Baptist Church, 8772 Haynesville Highway, Junction City.

Passage of the millage adjustment would generate funds that would be used for construction projects on campus. The major projects would address deficiencies in two of the oldest buildings still being used on campus: the 100 year old administration building and the 60 year old gym.

Please vote and also remember to check your property tax bills to make sure you're taking advantage of the $350 Homestead Tax Credit. Any questions about the credit can be directed to the Union County Tax Assessor, also located on the first floor of the Union County

dragondad

I was early voter #79, took less than five minutes in and out.   Go Dragons!!

bleudog

Bleed Tech Blue article on Dancy:   CLICK HERE

Donnie Jamon

bleudog

February 09, 2015, 08:15:08 am #124 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:04:36 am by bleudog
Today (Monday, Feb 9th) is the last day to vote early in the Junction City School District millage election. If you can't make it to the polls on Tuesday, Feb 10th, please vote today at the Union County Court House.

Passage of the millage adjustment will provide funds that would be used for multiple construction projects on the Junction City campus. The two biggest of those projects would address deficiencies in two of the oldest buildings still in use on campus. One of those buildings is a 100 year old administration building and the other is the 60 year old gym.

PLEASE VOTE.

bleudog

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on February 10, 2015, 02:04:36 pm

So...Bleu did you pull some strings and get the election area extended all the way north to Pope County? Cause I seen Vote Here signs in Hector...and have absolutely no idea what people were voting for...

bleudog

February 10, 2015, 08:39:06 pm #127 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:56:28 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on February 10, 2015, 06:49:35 pm
So...Bleu did you pull some strings and get the election area extended all the way north to Pope County? Cause I seen Vote Here signs in Hector...and have absolutely no idea what people were voting for...

The millage increase PASSED! 311-251

('preciate those yankee votes HF.  ;D)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on February 10, 2015, 08:39:06 pm
The millage increase PASSED! 311-251

('preciate those yankee votes HF.  ;D)

If you can't beat them...Join them I guess

bleudog

March 16, 2015, 05:29:58 pm #129 Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:08:22 pm by bleudog

THA TRUTH

These kinda favor the 08 state rings but to me they are the best ones so far

bleudog

2014 highlight video:

bleudog

May 03, 2015, 09:22:44 am #132 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:27:13 am by bleudog
Former Junction City Dragon and Arkansas Razorback Alan Turner signs a free agent deal with the Kansas City Chiefs following the 2015 NFL Draft.

Proud Buckaroo

That makes 7 Razorbacks who got into the NFL.

bleudog

May 07, 2015, 09:17:01 am #134 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:14:33 pm by bleudog
Dragons are state runner up in track and field. 

Gurdon took the title.  The state meet was held in Gurdon. 

Reads like the difference was JC not having a 4X400 team qualify and a problem in the 4X100.

CLICK HERE

Congratulations to both teams.

dragondad

Yep, the DQ for "early handoff", even though it was in the exchange zone, in the 4x1 hurt the Dragons.  No worries, they'll be back as usual. Good job Dragons and congrats to Gurdon.

bleudog

bleudog

Dragons begin busy off-season:  CLICK HERE

THA TRUTH

Stop before they kick u man I want u to stay til the season starts

JC Guy

Stupid got the thread locked?

Wilson

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 25, 2015, 09:21:02 am
Stop before they kick u man I want u to stay til the season starts

Too late

dragondad

Dang, what'd I miss? Always a day late and a dollar short.

bleudog

July 02, 2015, 02:06:19 pm #142 Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:01:44 pm by bleudog
From the JC Facebook page:

FIVE ELECTED TO DRAGON FOOTBALL WALL OF HONOR.

May 21, 2015 at 11:35am

The Junction City Dragon Football Wall of Honor committee announced its inductee's today for the Class of 2015. Four players and one contributor were elected, making it the Wall of Honor's largest class to date.

In his first varsity game as a freshman in 1961 against Hampton, Tom Jerry intercepted a pass and returned it 68 yards for a touchdown. Jerry quarterbacked the Dragons from 1962-64 and was the school's second player to be elected to the state All-Star game. His record as a quarterback for the Dragons was 19 wins, 5 losses and 3 ties.  When he finished his Junction City career, Jerry held nearly every record available for a quarterback including pass attempts, pass completions and touchdown passes. Jerry still ranks second on the school's pass completion list and fourth in attempts.

Richard Wilson played for the Dragons from 1969-71. In 1971 Wilson helped lead Junction City to an 8-1 record. That season he rushed for 1,221 on 211 carries and scored 14 touchdowns. Wilson made All-District, All-State and was named the 8A Outstanding Back.  After finishing his Dragon career, Wilson attended the University of Arkansas-Monticello where he played from 1972-75. He was a starter in 1973 and 1975.

Along with Bob McKinnon (2014 Wall of Honor Inductee), Michael Hall is considered one of the toughest Dragons to ever play. Hall played from 1978-80 and was an All-District performer. Besides playing both sides of the ball, Hall was a tough punt returner who didn't believe in signaling for a fair catch. After high school, Hall accepted a scholarship to Ouachita Baptist University where he played from 1981-84. Playing defense, Hall helped OBU win some big games against their rival Henderson State in the Battle of the Ravine.

Any running back who is assigned the number 3 is expected to be the Dragons next great back. The number 3 is called the "Dog Number" and even through Marcus Godfrey was not the first to wear it; he is the running back who made it famous. Godfrey played from 1997-99 and finished as the school's all-time leading rusher (4,494 yards), leading touchdown scorer (66), leading rushing touchdown scorer (56) and finished as the state's single season yards-per-rush average leader (14.52) In 1999 Godfrey turned in one of the school's best seasons by rushing for 1,992 yards and scoring 32 touchdowns (29 rushing) on 133 rushes. Godfrey made All-Conference, All-State and was named to the All-Star team. After finishing his Dragon career, Godfrey attended Arkansas Tech University.

Roderick "Rod" Harrington was elected as a contributor.  Harrington covered the Dragons from 1991 to 2010. It is estimated that he wrote over 900 articles on the Dragons during that time span. Growing up in Southeast Missouri, Rod played football, basketball and baseball. After several years working in newspaper and radio, Harrington earned his bachelor's degree in journalism in 1986 at Arizona State University, then his master's degree in communication from Central Missouri State University in 1990. In June of that year, he joined the El Dorado News-Times as a reporter and editor. That fall he helped the sports department by covering the Norphlet football team. In 1991 he began his long tenure covering the Junction City Dragons.  Harrington and his wife Gaylan, moved to Northwest Arkansas in 2011 where he joined the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette as a page designer. Always a Dragon at heart, he attended the past three state championship games in Little Rock.

The Wall of Honor ceremony for the Class of 2015 will take place October 16th before the Bearden game.

bleudog

Not football, but congratulations to James Anderson for signing with Sacramento Kings.

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

And the 2015 football season gets closer:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Taking it to the Dragon Dome:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Saturday (8/8) EDNT article:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Saturday (8/15) EDNT article:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas